• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Safe Bet said:
Ok..

I threw up a little when I saw that...

:lol

I was going to ask where the GAFu bear was until I figured out he's probably in some coffe shop somewhere chatting about art or some shit.

;)

:lol :lol

Who says stereotypes are not funny?

ok gotta go pan for gold. brb.

Raist

Banned
Safe Bet said:
I was going to ask where the GAFu bear was until I figured out he's probably in some coffe shop somewhere chatting about art or some shit.

;)

Actually, he's in a cave somewhere, having fun with those two's ladies :p

Doel said:
Went to Futureshop, grabbed Warhawk off the shelf (which was $69.99 there), showed them BestBuy's price at $39.99. They had to call and confirm that BestBuy had it in stock, they did, so they beat the price and gave it to me for $36.99 CDN/$35 USD.

Warhawk36.jpg

which futureshop did you go to? and do you know which best buy they called?

Safe Bet

Banned
[CFD] El Capitan said:
:lol :lol

Who says stereotypes are not funny?

ok gotta go pan for gold. brb.
I hope we are all mature enough to see past stereotypes and laugh at them when they are brought up in a non-offensive humorous manner.

At least I hope so because if not my comedy act just got shot to shit.

;)

They are dangerous though, so...

I dunno...

nofi

Safe Bet said:

;)

It's buying the wrong damned version. Just spent ages sending out friend invites... If I missed anyone in the Euro Clan, please add 'nofius' to your FL.

Signed on, waiting for my invite. Be on later. Excited. Mmm.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Safe Bet said:
I hope we are all mature enough to see past stereotypes and laugh at them when they are brought up in a non-offensive humorous manner.

At least I hope so because if not my comedy act just got shot to shit.

;)

They are dangerous though, so...

I dunno...

Very dangerous.......I was just kidding about that whole panning for gold thing...hope i didnt offend any miners/gold panner dudes. I know its a serious thing. I mean. You have to provide for your family...and when i say family i mean the raccoons living in your cabin that you talk to.

raccoons.jpg

Like little Zylog there. How adorable.

Alex

Safe Bet said:
*reposting on new page

GAFw INVITES HAVE BEEN RESENT 8/29

If you...

1. Have logged into Warhawk at least once
2. Are on the GAFw Caln Roster
3. Have not recieved an invite

Please send a message to my GAF inbox.

Also...

gbovo
Blue_Remedy
xDefuser
freshair
Filth_Flannigan
Diseasedyak
Aleman
Leehom
Titus_Pullo
xXNostradamusXx

I need you guys to either log on and accept your invites or send me a message letting me know you don't plan to accept.

Thanks....

Safe Bet

*nod*

We'd love to have you. Hopefully a spot will open up soon.

I'm getting the retail copy tonight, Safe. I'll be on after work.

Safe Bet

Banned
[QUOTE='[CFD]...and when i say family i mean the raccoons living in your cabin that you talk to.

Like little Kylog there. How adorable.[/QUOTE]
We likes to calls 'em LIttle People with Fur 'round these parts.

dionysus

Yaldog
Safe Bet said:
We likes to calls 'em LIttle People with Fur 'round these parts.

I wish I was in the GAFs clan, so I could bust out my yankee and hippy stereotypes. Ah, the missed oppurtunities. :tear:

Jim

Mo the Hawk said:
Man, how long does it take to charge up this headset? I can't sync it up with the PS3 until it's fully charged.

Just like it says in the included instructions... 2 hours.

WasabiKing said:
I believe the ramps in archipelago are now textured. TONX and I had a little discussion about some of the changes, but I like the recoil and blur effects for firing the sniper rifle.

There have been a lot of nice little additions, but I think did notice a few things that looked a little worse as compared to the beta. The interiors of the clouds are really ugly and grayscale banded-looking now, and I actually noticed what I thought was tearing a few times.

besada

Banned
dionysus said:
I wish I was in the GAFs clan, so I could bust out my yankee and hippy stereotypes. Ah, the missed oppurtunities. :tear:

Start the GAFs clan and we'll all fly around with confederate flags on our planes while smoking corncob pipes and wearing cowboy hats.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Safe Bet said:
*nod*

Also...

IS ANYONE WILLING TO HOST A RANKED GAF SERVER TONIGHT?

I would but I plan to play most of the night...

I am probably going to be going out of town tonight - friday afternoon so maybe I will just host one all week. I will have to see how many people i can host.

Post any prefs.

dionysus

Yaldog
besada said:
Start the GAFs clan and we'll all fly around with confederate flags on our planes while smoking corncob pipes and wearing cowboy hats.

I actually went through the clan rosters, definitely not enough people to justify a clan.

besada

Banned
Safe Bet said:
*nod*

Also...

I would but I plan on playing most of the night plus my isp only gives "adequate" speeds at best...

Is all that's involved setting up and creating a game? I'll be playing tonight some, but if I can just leave the PS3 running all night while I'm not on it, that's easy enough for me, and I have a fairly reliable connection.

dionysus said:
I actually went through the clan rosters, definitely not enough people to justify a clan.

Yeah, I joined GAFn after UnholySpectacle scared me away from starting up a GAFs.

Oh, and GAFn is going to kick all of your asses.

FYI for Canadians!

Just picked up my copy at Futureshop Keele and St. Clair. They've had them in since 10 am but I just wanted to wait until a Best Buy store had them in so I would have no PM hassles.

Canceled my Best Buy online order!

$43 WITH TAX!

dionysus

Yaldog
[CFD] El Capitan said:
I am probably going to be going out of town tonight - friday afternoon so maybe I will just host one all week. I will have to see how many people i can host.

Post any prefs.

Please take the time to set up and save a rotation with a good amount of diversity. Try to cover all the game modes and a good amount of maps especially CTF (its the best!!!).

Most importantly, limit your map sizes to the server size. Most server speed checks only allow 20 I have noticed. So when setting up the games, try to find maps that accomodate your max player size, as big maps with a few players really suck.

Thanks a bunch!

Somnia

Man I cannot wait to get outa class...then outa work to get on. I haven't been this hyped for an online game in quite some time.

Aleman

Loving the game, played for about 8 hours yesterday. Haven't played a game that long in one day since the original Halo!

My only major gripe is that the Warhawk machine guns are way too weak, especially against infantry. I don't even bother attacking infantry and find that Warhawks are really only useful for transportation and taking down other Warhawks.

Oh, and more maps would be nice, but I'm sure they're coming. And one more thing... the pistol and rifle are too weak as well.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
dionysus said:
Please take the time to set up and save a rotation with a good amount of diversity. Try to cover all the game modes and a good amount of maps especially CTF (its the best!!!).

Most importantly, limit your map sizes to the server size. Most server speed checks only allow 20 I have noticed. So when setting up the games, try to find maps that accomodate your max player size, as big maps with a few players really suck.

Thanks a bunch!

Totally. Its annoying when its a huge map and like 5 people.

If anyone else has any input let me know.

DoctorWho said:
FYI for Canadians!

Just picked up my copy at Futureshop Keele and St. Clair. They've had them in since 10 am but I just wanted to wait until a Best Buy store had them in so I would have no PM hassles.

Canceled my Best Buy online order!

$43 WITH TAX!

bestbuy.ca now has 21 copies of warhawk in stock so hopefully that means they will be shipping soon. my brampton stores have it in stock but due to unfortunate circumstances i can't get there today!! sucks.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Aleman said:
My only major gripe is that the Warhawk machine guns are way too weak, especially against infantry. I don't even bother attacking infantry and find that Warhawks are really only useful for transportation and taking down other Warhawks.

must have done that on purpose for balance I guess. I think lightning and homing missles work on infantry.

_RT_

balliinn said:
local best buy, walmart, and gamestop still don't have the game. WTF?!?! >:[

I think they are filtering in throughout the day.
I stopped into one during lunch and nothing was on the shelves.
Get back to work. Check the store online inventory and it was saying "Available for Pickup".

Just placed the order and will pick up on my way home.

Belfast

Hey Incognito! I want to play your game! So how about letting me actually join a game instead of giving me a "cannot connect to game" prompt every time I try!

Also, assuming I do get into the game, what's the push-to-talk button? It's not listed anywhere in the documentation that I've looked at.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Safe Bet said:
*nod*

Also...

I would but I plan on playing most of the night...

I would host it, but im capped at 12 people :(

Belfast said:
Hey Incognito! I want to play your game! So how about letting me actually join a game instead of giving me a "cannot connect to game" prompt every time I try!

Also, assuming I do get into the game, what's the push-to-talk button? It's not listed anywhere in the documentation that I've looked at.

L3.

balliinn

Banned
_RT_ said:
I think they are filtering in throughout the day.
I stopped into one during lunch and nothing was on the shelves.
Get back to work. Check the store online inventory and it was saying "Available for Pickup".

Just placed the order and will pick up on my way home.

best buy?

Safe Bet

Banned
Please up the damage on the Assualt Rifle.

Requiring a full clip and then some to kill someone is just too much imo and results in every on-foot face to face confrontation becoming a grenade spam.

Also, the amount of auto-aim is disgusting...

Can you please turn it down or at least make it less noticable.

It hinders my aim when the aiming reticule moves without my input.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Safe Bet said:

Requiring a full clip and then some to kill someone is just too much imo and results in every on-foot face to face confrontation becoming a grenade spam.

I will see. Ranked may make those options unavailable.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
This does, of course, depend on the server you're playing on. It's easy to find yourself battling against a dozen arrogant Americans who are part of some horrid little clan and use cheap, underhand tactics like planting mines on all the planes in your team's base.
-CVG Review.

:lol :lol Someone doesnt like the "Shock and Awe" tactic.

Aleman

Safe Bet said:

belvedere

Junior Butler
[CFD] El Capitan said:
-CVG Review.

:lol :lol Someone doesnt like the "Shock and Awe" tactic.

Those (Brits?) and their manors.

The game is specifically designed for people with internet connections and people with friends. Neither of the two? Stop reading now. There's nothing here for lonesome Luddites, unless you fancy flying about on your own giggling to yourself.

Trevelyan

Banned
Safe Bet said:

Agreed on both accounts. The auto-aim has fucked me a few times also.

I'm loving this game but I absolutely suck in the air.

On ground I can hold my own as it doesn't feel that different than any other standard shooter. The game is beautiful though and I love looking up above my head and seeing dogfights. I've had warhawks swoop really close to me and cause some sort of distortion as they did.

Doel said:
Went to Futureshop, grabbed Warhawk off the shelf (which was $69.99 there), showed them BestBuy's price at $39.99. They had to call and confirm that BestBuy had it in stock, they did, so they beat the price and gave it to me for $36.99 CDN/$35 USD.

Warhawk36.jpg

That is exactly what I got it for too! I also got the customer loyalty thing... LAWLZ.

Firewire

Banned
Righty10 said:
Picked up my copy a few hours ago. Wow, this is awesome. Also waiting for the invite to GAFe!

Be calm, UnholySpectacle (GAFe) needs some time. Hes getting the game today & will start working on invites tonight.

Top Bottom