• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Jim

nofi said:
Cheers.

I set it all up in the XMB fine, I think. I just tried it again, and pressed the button whlst in game, and it seemed to work for the 5 minutes I tried it, so maybe I just need to get used to it.

Just keep an eye on the upper left of the screen next to your name. If there's a little Mic/sound icon, you're connected. If there's nothing there, you aren't.

Looks just like this:
warhawk_chat.jpg

I'm itching to get off of work (and get the kids to bed), so I can get back to the game...

arcader

Banned
Wow - I am super pissed....

My PS3 works fine and doesnt freeze on any other games I tested..

I just got the retail version of the game with the jabra headset and it is really pissing me off

1st! - every single time I play the game freezes a variable number of seconds after joining an online match.. :( The retail disk version installed is V1.0 - does the download version differ? What the hell - I dont even know what to do....

Other bugs I have noticed...

- in the character config screen, it lets me pick a 'deathmatch' (non team) game character appearance, but my overall army style selection doesnt stick/save...no matter what army I pick, it saves my choice as Eucadian.

- In the server filter screen, setting it for game size < or = 32 players does nothing...it still shows me every game of all sizes

- In the server filter screen "show games in my region only" is set to on by default severely limiting the number of good ping time games you will see in the list.

Ayone else sucessfully playing freeze free games online with the retail version?

When the game freezes I hear a quiet repeating audio studder from my TV speaker and I have to hard reset the PS3...

freshair

Safe Bet said:
*reposting on new page

GAFw INVITES HAVE BEEN RESENT 8/29

freshair

I need you guys to either log on and accept your invites or send me a message letting me know you don't plan to accept.

Thanks....

Safe Bet

*nod*

We'd love to have you. Hopefully a spot will open up soon.

Despite being online the past 2 days, I received the invite this morning. Odd, oh well. Accepted and ready to play. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
arcader said:
- In the server filter screen "show games in my region only" is set to on by default severely limiting the number of good ping time games you will see in the list.

what?

mr stroke

conspiracy theory-

Sony shipped out small copies of this game to stores so they could force people to buy it online to make more money.

this has to be the case because every gamestop only has enough copies for pre-orders, and evey other store only got a couple and is sold out... DAMN it I want the headset...eerrrrrrrr

rc213

nofi said:
Question please:

I got the Jabra 125 headset at the weekend, I presume this one is OK. I've paired it with the PS3, and it seems to work but sometimes needs re-configuring.

So, my question. In game, I can hear others taking, but through my TV, not the headset. Is this normal, and can I change it to the headset instead?

How do I know the headset is working?

I have had this happen in Resistance a few times, I just hit the button once while in the lobby or ingame and it re-syncs quickly without having to fiddle with the options in the XMB or Game.

Firewire

Banned
mr stroke said:
conspiracy theory-

Sony shipped out small copies of this game to stores so they could force people to buy it online to make more money.

this has to be the case because every gamestop only has enough copies for pre-orders, and evey other store only got a couple and is sold out... DAMN it I want the headset...eerrrrrrrr

Maybe the stores didn't order enough copies, it isn't the first time stores haven't correctly anticipated demand.

Maybe you should have pre-ordered!

ex0du5

Banned
My BestBuy has 30 copies apparently. I'm hoping they're still there when I get there in 2 hours.

arcader said:
Go online

Goto the "join game" page

Goto the "filters" tab...

you will see the option to only show games in your region instead of 'all' games as the default option selected.

Woosh.

Raist

Banned
nofi said:
Cheers.

I set it all up in the XMB fine, I think. I just tried it again, and pressed the button whlst in game, and it seemed to work for the 5 minutes I tried it, so maybe I just need to get used to it.

Thanks for the advice.

It should be all good now. If you turn your HS on when yoru PS3 is booted, it should be automatically recognized and sound should go through your HS. I never had to go back to the audio peripheral settings after setting it all correctly. Should your connection drop, you could try to just reboot your HS as some have mentionned, maybe you won't have to go back to the XMB sets. Never happened to me again so I don't know.

Raist

Banned
dralla said:
just got home with it, the mic isn't charged right? i need to charge it myself?

Yeah you have to charge it fully first. IIRC the manual says 8 hours, but that's wrong. Took me around 1.5 hours the first time. Recharging it then took less time, maybe one hour. And its battery life is really pretty good, especially on standby.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
arcader said:
Go online

Goto the "join game" page

Goto the "filters" tab...

you will see the option to only show games in your region instead of 'all' games as the default option selected.

That's not what I was referring to. I was wondering how come pings are not optimal if you leave that "on".

ex0du5

Banned
TTP said:
That's not what I was referring to. I was wondering how come pings are not optimal if you leave that "on".

Because pings usually depend on the distance in between you and the server. Therefore, servers in your region should have the best pings.

Oh wait...I thought you were arcade >_<.

Raist

Banned
ex0du5 said:
Because pings usually depend on the distance in between you and the server. Therefore, servers in your region should have the best pings.

yeah but read what he said :p

Not logical at all.

arcader

Banned
Guys I hear you - but I am telling you that if I have the option on to only show games in my region, I will see 1/2 of the games with ping times below 100 that I will see with the option off...thats why I am saying it is a bug.

I agree with your thoughts on how it should behave....

nofi

Thanks to everyone for Headset advice, seems fine.

Damn game just kicked me out, though, and now I can't connect again... =)

KGKK

Banned
Whaaaat! Just got home with my copy of Warhawk from BB. Not a bad deal for $40. Got it with the $5 coupon which basically covered the taxes on it so the price in the end was $40 flat:D That is cheaper than the Canadian PSN price:lol Gonna log on in a couple of hours once my headset if fully charged. Meet you guys there!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
arcader said:
Guys I hear you - but I am telling you that if I have the option on to only show games in my region, I will see 1/2 of the games with ping times below 100 that I will see with the option off...thats why I am saying it is a bug.

I agree with your thoughts on how it should behave....

I still dont get it. There are people with shitty connections even next door you know?
Anyway, if you dont like it just set it to All and have a good day. I think there is a Ping filter, so you might want to use that instead.

GRRRRR..seeing all of you able to play is irking me. 8pm can't come soon enough, I wish I could leave work now. I gotta remember to bring my laptop home so I can keep track of the thread while playing.

gcubed

nofi said:
Cheers.

Thanks for the advice.

i had drops in the beta with my headset, havent had one yet, but always a quick button press on the headset moved the chatter to my headset and had me working again

elseanio

sorry if its already been posted: but is this going on euro store at 00:01?

it seems like we're not advertising it at all (unlike the american store/site)

datamage

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, but if I purchase the retail version, does the disc need to be in the drive to play? (Or does it do a complete install to the HD as if you downloaded it from PSN?)

Gah! GAF has done it again. Games I've bought that I had zero interest this past year based on GAF excitement:
-Viva Pinata, Forza 2, All Pro Football, Overlord, Puzzle Quest, and now Warhawk. I'm not easily swayed, it's just that GAF hasn't let me down when you all know a good thing and I trust you guys more than any other reviewers out there. I can't resist even though I've never really been a big multiplayer online person (besides Texas Hold 'Em). I'm going to Best Buy now. I'm on the East Coast so if the clan wants to add me (you really can't play without a clan, right?) my PSN ID is thebigkahuna1.

Raist

Banned
PirateSean said:
sorry if its already been posted: but is this going on euro store at 00:01?

it seems like we're not advertising it at all (unlike the american store/site)

Highly doubt it. Their 'lame) excuse was "we won't add content outside of the regular store update" so I don't think we'll see the game before the regular schedule (around 5pm GMT)

nofi

Raist said:
Highly doubt it. Their 'lame) excuse was "we won't add content outside of the regular store update" so I don't think we'll see the game before the regular schedule (around 5pm GMT)

The sooner the better, Warhawk's full of Americans just now, and I can't understand a word they're saying, old bean.

elseanio

thanks for the response. i wonder what the real reason is? you can hardly give a statement like that when just last week a demo was released on a wednesday..

ah well, constant check ups via remote play tomorrow so i can download it

Ashhong

besada said:
Been playing for nearly 3 hours now. My eyes are so tired. But I'm beginning to get the hang of it. Played with whom I assume was another gaffer as they had a GAFw tag, name of Ashhong. At one point he managed to seize our base missile launcher, ath which point it became very difficult to guard our flag.

Getting better with the Warhawks. Learning how to lock on helped considerably.

:lol i just read this. haha that was fun, shooting down your warhawks. eventually like 3 of you guys bumrushed the turret with ur rifles and blew me up :lol

so the first match is thursday 7pm PST? :( i have work...this sucks. any matches or get togethers today?

Raist

Banned
nofi said:
The sooner the better, Warhawk's full of Americans just now, and I can't understand a word they're saying, old bean.

Yeah, they sound like a bunch of Okami folks (isn't it, Aeon ? :p)

nofi

Xater said:
Yay now we are 3people in GAFu everything is good....:lol

Damn you SCEE and your stupid release schedule!

Add me to your Friends list, I don't think I had your US account handy.

Warhawk is awesome, I love it.

ex0du5 said:
Welcome to GAFn, where we serve our clan members Kraft Dinner
and bagged milk
after every match.

edit]

Or maybe:

GAFn: serving you one slapshot at a time.

Kraft Dinner & Bagged Milk FTMFW.

PS, why don't we have bagged milk here in the U.S. and A?

Top Bottom