• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

dionysus

Yaldog
WasabiKing said:
Sounds like those pansy ass Euros can't defend their base. Boo hoo Europe.

Yea, they forgot how to do that in real life because NATO (ie USA military) does it for them, I guess it translates ingame as well.

.......BURN. :D

Keep up the trash talk, it builds community!

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
DoctorWho said:
3 I believe.

The difference is that GAFe is superior.

Talk to the hand.
iron.jpg

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Safe Bet said:
*nod*

Also...

IS ANYONE WILLING TO HOST A RANKED GAF SERVER TONIGHT?

I would but I plan on playing most of the night...

I'll do it. I can host 20 people. CTF/ZNS? What time?

dionysus

Yaldog
There are 4, and basically divided this way because of time differences. They accept anyone, but you should try to pick one that fits your schedules.

GAFw - Western Americas mostly + most skilled players
GAFe - Eastern Americas mostly
GAFn - Originally Canadian clan, but also handles the overflow from GAFw and GAFe
GAFu - for those silly europeans.

Again, anyone can join any clan permitted space allows, but you should try to fit your expected playtime to the expected playtime of the different clans.

dionysus said:
There are 4, and basically divided this way because of time differences. They accept anyone, but you should try to pick one that fits your schedules.

GAFn - Originally Canadian clan, but also handles the overflow from GAFw and GAFe

Again, anyone can join any clan permitted space allows, but you should try to fit your expected playtime to the expected playtime of the different clans.

I forgot about the Europeans... sorry guys.

even though they don't really count :D

Oni Jazar said:
This game desperately needs a way to show the name of the player who is currently talking. Things get very confusing without it.
it does, if you're in the area. I've muted people with its help

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Oni Jazar said:
This game desperately needs a way to show the name of the player who is currently talking. Things get very confusing without it.

No kidding. That and squads please!

dionysus said:

Looks like someone forgot about the "alpacas of truth!"

alpaca123.jpg

I just picked up my copy. The EB I had originally ordered from did not get enough copies to fill pre-orders. WTF? SO, I had to go to the EB by my work and they had 12 copies that were not pre-ordered. The EB by my house sucks. I also picked up a new wireless keyboard to make the clan setup as painless as possible. I will be home around 9pm EST and will send invites then.

GAFe FTMFW!

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
UnholySpectacle said:

alpaca123.jpg

I just picked up my copy. The EB I had originally ordered from did not get enough copies to fill pre-orders. WTF? SO, I had to go to the EB by my work and they had 12 copies that were not pre-ordered. The EB by my house sucks. I also picked up a new wireless keyboard to make the clan setup as painless as possible. I will be home around 9pm EST and will send invites then.

GAFe FTMFW!

:lol :lol :lol is that GAFn watching in the background?

Greg

Safe Bet said:
Please up the damage on the Assualt Rifle.

Requiring a full clip and then some to kill someone is just too much imo and results in every on-foot face to face confrontation becoming a grenade spam.
Uh, try aiming for the head - people drop in a few shots if you are aiming at their heads. Even with the massive auto-aim, you can usually move the cross-hairs up and down without problems.

As for getting grenade spammed in gun fights, use the environment to your advantage - standing (or more importantly, crouching) behind objects (obviously ones without a wall behind) eliminates the majority of the threat from grenades, as most people fail at throwing grenades to a specific spot on the ground.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
DoctorWho said:
4 I believe.

The difference is that GAFw is superior.

Fixed.

There's 4 clans. GAFw(est), GAFe(ast), GAFu(Euro), and GAFn(orth[mix of canadians and americans/mix of timezones]).

I still can't download the game. Is anyone else having trouble with the PSN not letting you add funds and getting the "unexpected error>" Its been a long time now and I can't get the game.

methane47

I keep on hearing people say Pro-flight controls or something

Is that flying with the Sixaxis?

if not Do you guys fly with the sixaxis at all?

belvedere

Junior Butler
UnholySpectacle said:

alpaca123.jpg

GAFe FTMFW!

Good, I'll be expecting that invite!

methane47 said:

I'm getting used to it fairly quickly. Same with the driving portion. For once the sensitivity doesn't feel ridiculous while using the sixaxis and I actually feel like I have control of the vehicle.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
needlesmcgirk said:
I still can't download the game. Is anyone else having trouble with the PSN not letting you add funds and getting the "unexpected error>" Its been a long time now and I can't get the game.

Had that problem yesterday, but it's ok now. I can add founds. Hopefully Sony transactions servers are too busy making money with Warhawk.

Firest0rm said:
I just got my copy from FS using pricematching. :D

SONOVAGUN!

Just wanted to let you guys know that Sony store has Warhawk for $59 Canadien. If no one can wait for Best buy, then this is the second best deal... GO NOW!

HEY GAFe, Add me :D

shagg_187.

C ya in 5 min :D

shagg_187 said:
SONOVAGUN!

Just wanted to let you guys know that Sony store has Warhawk for $59 Canadien. If no one can wait for Best buy, then this is the second best deal... GO NOW!

HEY GAFe, Add me :D

shagg_187.

C ya in 5 min :D

Added to my friends list. Just so everyone knows I'm Proteus4 in the game.

dionysus

Yaldog
methane47 said:

Pro-flight is not Sixaxis controls, it has to do with what using the right analogue stick does while flying. I think at least.

icechai

methane47 said:

Pro-flight control is where you're in full control of the rolls,loops and 180s done with the right analog stick. This way you can chase people better, but if you're not careful you'll end up hitting your warhawk upside down along some mountain :p

gcubed

yeah, anyone in GAFe ever want to play outside of clan matches, or before the clan sets up, add me LordFarquaad in game... i should be on just about every night i possibly can be

shagg_187 said:
SONOVAGUN!

Best Buy on 44th in NYC is selling it. I seen it when I got Blue Dragon.

Safe Bet

Banned
Greg said:
Uh, try aiming for the head - people drop in a few shots if you are aiming at their heads.
Uh..

Its kinda hard to aim for the head when my aiming reticule has a mind of it's own.

:p

Seriously though...

When the reticule moves by itself due to auot-aim it compelely disrupts my "aiming path".

nofi

Question please:

I got the Jabra 125 headset at the weekend, I presume this one is OK. I've paired it with the PS3, and it seems to work but sometimes needs re-configuring.

So, my question. In game, I can hear others taking, but through my TV, not the headset. Is this normal, and can I change it to the headset instead?

How do I know the headset is working?

gcubed

nofi said:
Question please:

I got the Jabra 125 headset at the weekend, I presume this one is OK. I've paired it with the PS3, and it seems to work but sometimes needs re-configuring.

So, my question. In game, I can hear others taking, but through my TV, not the headset. Is this normal, and can I change it to the headset instead?

if you are hearing it through your tv your headset isnt paired correctly. Usually you can fix it quickly in game by just turning it on and off, or if you have a "re-pairing" button.

Raist

Banned
nofi said:
Question please:

I had one or two connection drops the day I first used it, but never since then. It is automatically recognized as soon as you turn it on (I always turn the HS on when the console is fully booted now, maybe that helps)

You have to change the settings to hear people through the HS and not your TV. Normally, it should automatically go through your HS. On the XMB, go to settings > accessories > audio peripherals.

You'll be able to choose the output through your TV or HS. There's also a small bar on the top of the screen. Just try to speak and you'll see if it works :p The bar will fill up. You can also set your mic volume accordingly. The default one (3 I think) should be fine, but just check it.

ex0du5

Banned
Welcome to GAFn, where we serve our clan members Kraft Dinner
and bagged milk
after every match.

edit]

Or maybe:

GAFn: serving you one slapshot at a time.

Yixian

Banned
Alright, I won't be able to resist getting this again, so consider me in for GAFe. I was up there in the top 50, I should be able to help kick some of that US ass.

I guess I'll PM kill on PSN.

ex0du5

Banned
Yixian said:
Alright, I won't be able to resist getting this again, so consider me in for GAFe. I was up there in the top 50, I should be able to help kick some of that US ass.

I guess I'll PM kill on PSN.

You Canadian? If so, come up to GAFnorth!

nofi

Raist said:
I had one or two connection drops the day I first used it, but never since then. It is automatically recognized as soon as you turn it on (I always turn the HS on when the console is fully booted now, maybe that helps)

You have to change the settings to hear people through the HS and not your TV. Normally, it should automatically go through your HS. On the XMB, go to settings > accessories > audio peripherals.

You'll be able to choose the output through your TV or HS. There's also a small bar on the top of the screen. Just try to speak and you'll see if it works :p The bar will fill up. You can also set your mic volume accordingly. The default one (3 I think) should be fine, but just check it.

Cheers.

I set it all up in the XMB fine, I think. I just tried it again, and pressed the button whlst in game, and it seemed to work for the 5 minutes I tried it, so maybe I just need to get used to it.

Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom