• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

I think we need a gaf tutorial session with some of the beta players. I'm getting the hang of the Warhawks but I'm still getting shot out of the skies fairly quickly.

Trout

Banned
this game is the shit...

I charged my headset for about 5 minutes, then paired it, then plugged it back in for the full charge. Is this going to fuck it up?

Xater

nofi said:
Add me to your Friends list, I don't think I had your US account handy.

Warhawk is awesome, I love it.

Just send a request to Sergol. But I am not sure if it is really necessary since Xater is my main account and I don't think I will make the same mistake again I did with Warhawk ;)

There also is the clan list in Warhawk. There you can see the server people are on and you can directly join them.

garrickk

polyh3dron said:
Kraft Dinner & Bagged Milk FTMFW.

PS, why don't we have bagged milk here in the U.S. and A?
Bagged milk? WTF. All I know is you can't put any preservatives in milk in the US because of the dairy producing union. All milk sold in the US has to be fresh - and then obviously stored cold. Only lasts 7-10 days once the seal is broken.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DoctorWho said:
I think we need a gaf tutorial session with some of the beta players. I'm getting the hang of the Warhawks but I'm still getting shot out of the skies fairly quickly.

For avoiding homing missiles I strongly suggest NOT using the chaff if you are in flight mode but rather lose them by changing directions very fast. It's like dribbling in soccer. I usually do very quick rights/lefts with the right stick (in Pro mode) and ups/downs with the left one. You hear a beep sound when u manage to "unlock" a missile from your ass.

Basically the trick is to drive the missile crazy by manouvering like you are having an epilepsy.

Trout said:
this game is the shit...

I charged my headset for about 5 minutes, then paired it, then plugged it back in for the full charge. Is this going to fuck it up?

Mine wouldn't pair until after charged for 2 hours. I think it should be fine.

Grayman

tzare said:
thxs for the reply. I've never played Battlefield before (is it a PC game?, i'm not a pc gamer at all).
This game looks very good, seems to have solid gameplay and very fun. However, i'm not very good at shooters, and being a massive multiplayer game, if i only play from time to time i might be a very bad player amongst usual players and not have fun
warhawk is not massively multiplayer. We play on servers of 32 people or less.

If you are thinking about ranks and stats? they don't do anything. All rank does is eventually doesn't let you play on noobie servers.

CSSer said:
I'm in the same boat too; basically a days worth of stats not included.

Anyone have tips for homing missiles for warhawks? Holding down L1 makes some lockon sequence, but it never follows the enemy, even during close ranges.. Only swarm missiles do.
I use homing missles(are those the ones with the big reticle? At further distances and ususally on straight angles.
When I am actually dogfighting I switch to swarm missles to finish the person off.

TTP said:
I was indeed thinking about that yesterday when checking the ranked match setup. Allowing team switching (albeit only if it doesnt cause unbalance) is a dangerous thing as this would allow one or more of the opposing (and losing) team to join your ranks and cause havok.
the blocking of switching is making it almost impossible to get on teams with your friends.

Safe Bet said:
GAFe Invites should be going out today.

I believe Unholy (GAFe Leader) is waiting on the retail version.

Its a real bummer stats didn't get tracked at the same time I finally managed to get the Warhwk Recruiting ribbon. :(

I haven't seen a flood of lamers but last night I did get killed by my own teammate while carrying the flag so he could score it.

Kill Your Team's Flag Carrier = Instant Server Ban

IMO
Someone took me out, hopefully by accident in the enemy base like that. I figured that is the one thing that should be at least an instant game boot.

spwolf said:
More info about stats:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/08/28/warhawk-launch/

Cool stuff:

gotta love devs taking care of their players :D
But one cap CTF was so fucking awesome! Seriously that is the coolest way i've seen large map CTF done.

Safe Bet said:
Please up the damage on the Assualt Rifle.

Requiring a full clip and then some to kill someone is just too much imo and results in every on-foot face to face confrontation becoming a grenade spam.

Also, the amount of auto-aim is disgusting...

Can you please turn it down or at least make it less noticable.

It hinders my aim when the aiming reticule moves without my input.
i'll have to try actually aiming with it. So far it's really weak. I guess it should be if you aren't using skill?

Oni Jazar said:
This game desperately needs a way to show the name of the player who is currently talking. Things get very confusing without it.
yeah the little mic over the head doesn't help a lot if you aren't right by someone. I need names in one of the corners.

Raist

Banned
Btw, is the huge customization of warhawks still in ? I remember screens showing it, but lately I haven't seen any customization at all in gameplay footages

Raist said:
Btw, is the huge customization of warhawks still in ? I remember screens showing it, but lately I haven't seen any customization at all in gameplay footages

There is a customization menu but I haven't used it yet.

Yixian

Banned
polyh3dron said:

You're%20fired.jpg

You're fired.

dralla

holy shit do I suck at this game. there's always so much shit going on it's hard to keep track of everything. I can't fly the Warhawk to save my life

Xater

Rice-Eater said:
So I was just wondering. Does the disc version install the gameand is it required everytime you want to boot up Warhawk?

Already answered like a milion times: You need to install the game and you need the disc in your drive to play.

ROCK! I made GAFe! Now I can actually play with people at a decent hour! Chicago here and staying up late for the left coasters would have been rough.

Yixian

Banned
dralla said:
holy shit do I suck at this game. there's always so much shit going on it's hard to keep track of everything. I can't fly the Warhawk to save my life

Don't worry, this is exactly how everyone feels to start with, but in a day or two you'll have got the hang of it and be much more confident. In a few weeks you'll be dodging missiles by millimeters.

Xater

Yixian said:
Don't worry, this is exactly how everyone feels to start with, but in a day or two you'll have got the hang of it and be much more confident. In a few weeks you'll be dodging missiles by millimeters.

Or doing looping through those stone constelations in badlands. Good I love doing that. It looks cool and it can save me from some rockets.

KGKK

Banned
Just played me some Wowhawk. Man the graphics are better than I expected. So far I'm fairly good at the ground combat however when it comes to the battle in the air, boy do I suck:lol Turrets and Tanks rock btw. Anyways, I paired my headset with the PS3, however whenever I was in a game, I cannot talk. Anybody else encounter this problem.

Btw, I'm ready for my invite. I'm part of the GAFn clan, PSN: KGKK

KGKK said:
Just played me some Wowhawk. Man the graphics are better than I expected. So far I'm fairly good at the ground combat however when it comes to the battle in the air, boy do I suck:lol Turrets and Tanks rock btw. Anyways, I paired my headset with the PS3, however whenever I was in a game, I cannot talk. Anybody else encounter this problem.

Btw, I'm ready for my invite. I'm part of the GAFn clan, PSN: KGKK

Make sure it is turned on. You know the device is turned on when the light flashes once every few seconds. I made that mistake.

:D

Top Bottom