• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

spwolf

Raist said:
Btw, is the huge customization of warhawks still in ? I remember screens showing it, but lately I haven't seen any customization at all in gameplay footages

yes, but you need to level up to gain access to more... thats extremly cool since they had some really sweet designs for higher up levels...

Yixian

Banned
Xater said:
Or doing looping through those stone constelations in badlands. Good I love doing that. It looks cool and it can save me from some rockets.

By the end of the beta, at any given moment, you were simultaneously in a tank, jeep, warhawk or on foot - you knew the maps so well and were so competent with each vehicle, you could switch from one to the other within seconds. You felt a part of every skirmish on the map all at once.

Xater

KGKK said:
Just played me some Wowhawk. Man the graphics are better than I expected. So far I'm fairly good at the ground combat however when it comes to the battle in the air, boy do I suck:lol Turrets and Tanks rock btw. Anyways, I paired my headset with the PS3, however whenever I was in a game, I cannot talk. Anybody else encounter this problem.

Btw, I'm ready for my invite. I'm part of the GAFn clan, PSN: KGKK

Did you press L3 to talk? :D

Bookey

Professional Monk
I had to sort the server names by reverse alphabetical order to find the scea ranked rooms, too man to just scroll through lol

Raist

Banned
Well it's almost 1am here (GMT+1) and still no warhawk on the EU store.

Guess I was right, we'll have to wait around 5 pm :(

arcader

Banned
OK - now the game is playing fine with no lockups...

I read somewhere that its a bug and that disabling media server support in the XMB settings causes the lockups not to happen...I did disable the feature but I cant be sure what is suddenly causing the game to play with no locks.

Xater

DoctorWho said:
So how do I find ranked and dedicated servers. All I see is one big server list.

Yes, I'm stupid.

:D

I think I already answered this one on the last few pages. Ranked servers are the ones where the trophy is not covered with a red X. A ranked server also hast to be dedicated.

KGKK

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Make sure it is turned on. You know the device is turned on when the light flashes once every few seconds. I made that mistake.

:D

I'm pretty sure it was turned on, I checked. Also when I go to "Audio Devices" in the systems mene under the XMB, I click on connect(bluetooth), however as soon as I exit, it disconnects. Whatever, right now I need sleep as I was up all night working on my report, I will check again when I wake up in a few.

WOWHAWK!!

Xater said:
I think I already answered this one on the last few pages. Ranked servers are the ones where the trophy is not covered with a red X. A ranked server also hast to be dedicated.

Thanks, I must of missed your post.

Firewire

Banned
Holy shit!

WOWHAWK is so fucking amazing!

Everyone should use pro-flight, its an adjustment that takes a bit of time to get used to, but its awesome! Took about 30 minutes to adjust but its the way to go, killed my stats though, I was getting slaughtered at first.

afrosensei said:
how do i get added to the spreadsheet for GAFe

psn ID: ndiicm

The limit is 64 players per clan and right now we are full. I also have a sizeable backup list if people ditch us. I'll add you to the waiting list for GAFe, but you would have a better chance joining GAFn. PM Varshes if you wish to join their clan.

Once again, all those having problem with headset should refer to this:

Jim said:
Just keep an eye on the upper left of the screen next to your name. If there's a little Mic/sound icon, you're connected. If there's nothing there, you aren't.

Looks just like this:
warhawk_chat.jpg

I'm itching to get off of work (and get the kids to bed), so I can get back to the game...

Firewire said:
UnholySpectacle:

Did you get the game?
When you send out invites are you gonna set up a game for the clan to practice in?

Yeah, I am fondling it right now waiting to go home by 9. I want to start a game ASAP, does anyone want to volunteer from GAFe to host some servers around 10pmEST?

_RT_

ARRGH. 9pm?
Diznam. Why so late?

Alright... I'm off to play on some other servers. I'll awate my gafe invite.

peace

Trevelyan

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
Yeah, I am fondling it right now waiting to go home by 9. I want to start a game ASAP, does anyone want to volunteer from GAFe to host some servers around 10pmEST?
I would love too.. but connection is utter shit =( I should be getting a nice cable line within the next ~2 weeks, and once that happens I'll gladly set up rooms daily for practicing.

Something else, a lot of SCEA Ranked servers with a 32 person limit are still empty so we can just practice in there after we settle on which match to invade.

Firewire

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:

I would but I'm getting crappy pings. Its really worrying me, but I haven't had any problem playing, no lag, no freezing or anything.

I think I need to look at my routers ports or something.

besada

Banned
What happened to the Sony servers? Yesterday the list was full of them and today I see mostly unranked matches and can't find the Sony servers.

Firewire

Banned
besada said:
What happened to the Sony servers? Yesterday the list was full of them and today I see mostly unranked matches and can't find the Sony servers.

There all the way down near the bottom of the server list. I had to scroll forever before I found them!

Trevelyan

Banned
besada said:
They are near the bottom of the list. Just Push L2(or L1) to scroll to the bottom and then starting slowly scrolling back up.

I3rand0

Has anyone else had problems pairing their headset to the PS 3? I can't seem to get it to register. It's fully charged, however, when I hold down the button for 5 seconds it doesn't glow solid but instead flashes at me.

diddlyD

Banned
ok. first game, ps3 hard locked after about 10 minutes.... after the annoying beta lockup bug, this is not reassuring. has anyone else had lockups? my ps3 isnt running hot or anything. i have the hard drive version.

Firewire

Banned
I3rand0 said:
Has anyone else had problems pairing their headset to the PS 3? I can't seem to get it to register. It's fully charged, however, when I hold down the button for 5 seconds it doesn't glow solid but instead flashes at me.

Hold it longer, and it will go solid blue. (I went through the same thing)

Xater

diddlyD said:
ok. first game, ps3 hard locked after about 10 minutes.... after the annoying beta lockup bug, this is not reassuring. has anyone else had lockups? my ps3 isnt running hot or anything. i have the hard drive version.

Never had that problem and I played the game for like 10 hours or something.

I finally tracked down a copy at Sam Goody! Gamestop only ordered enough for preorders...supposedly. Anyway, I've got the Jabra charging now and will be on tonight!

PSN: moto8style

I'd like to join GAFw if something opens, otherwise GAFn will work. More fitting for a 'N'oob anyway...PST (Oregon)

Trevelyan

Banned
Xater said:
Never had that problem and I played the game for like 10 hours or something.

Same. played a solid 2 hours today and had no problems whatsoever. What type of server were you playing on? Dedicated or not?

_RT_

UnholySpectacle said:
WHy so late? Because industrial sales sucks. :D I get to head home @ 8 but it will take me an hour.

No worries mi amigo. Trust me. I know the grindstone. ;-)

That being said... I can't get over how rusty one gets after not playing for a bit.
Jeez.

ndiicm

Alright I guess we need another clan added to the list. Since GAFe is full. I am in the south east so I would rather have a timezone close. I've gotten pretty good in the warhawk and I know how to play well on a team.

I can host up to 16 vs 16. but im about to up my connection to 10meg down and 1 meg up so I should be able to host 32 vs 32 without a problem.

psn id: ndiicm

if you're decent/good and a team player add me :)

side note:
Anyone else having trouble with the Motorola Universal bluetooth headset? I'm about to take this thing back to the store.

Firewire

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:

To f'n confusing. I looked at that the other day, and I don't have a clue what there talking about, I got to the point of creating a static IP, but then I had to call my internet service provider to find out some numbers or something? and after being on hold for a half hour, I gave up.
I'm waiting on one of my buddies to do it for me, he's opened up his and he has the same service provider, but I won't see him till next week. I'm hoping opening the ports will improve the voice chatting, because I'm hearing allot of static sometimes.

afrosensei said:
Alright I guess we need another clan added to the list. Since GAFe is full. I am in the south east so I would rather have a timezone close. I've gotten pretty good in the warhawk and I know how to play well on a team.

I can host up to 16 vs 16. but im about to up my connection to 10meg down and 1 meg up so I should be able to host 32 vs 32 without a problem.

psn id: ndiicm

if you're decent/good and a team player add me :)

side note:
Anyone else having trouble with the Motorola Universal bluetooth headset? I'm about to take this thing back to the store.

Game is 16 v 16 max anyways.

Firewire

Banned
I3rand0 said:
Thank you! Got it to pair finally.

No problem!

Next go into >Settings >Audio Devices> Make sure both input & output shows up as Jabra BT125, and test it out with the meter at the top of that screen!

Speevy

Banned
Is it just me, or are the ground battles so much more accessible for novice players compared to the planes? I've gotten so many more kills on the ground.

Top Bottom