• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Raist

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
I believe anyone can host 16 v 16 but they need a really good connection to do so.

Oh yeah, right, mixed up with the dedicated vs player servers thing :p

Anyone has any idea of the ul bandwith you need to set up a given number of players server ?

Firewire

Banned
Speevy said:
Is it just me, or are the ground battles so much more accessible for novice players compared to the planes? I've gotten so many more kills on the ground.

Yeah its easier, for now I think. Allot of unexperienced players on right now.
The Wowhawk's take time & practice to get used to!

WTFing

Banned
Roxas said:
Well as Sony are being arseholes and it is now 12:23 a.m, it doesnt look like ill be playing WOWHAWK tonight :(
I hope the brain who is in charge of 'refreshing' the fucking Euro PS store will not be ill tomorrow around 5pm gmt. If he has some dirreah or some shit, we are fucked until next Thursday! shit!

Firewire said:
Yeah its easier, for now I think. Allot of unexperienced players on right now.
The Wowhawk's take time & practice to get used to!

I'm staying my ass on the ground until I can practice more on a locked local game in the 'hawks on Pro setting.

Firewire

Banned
krypt0nian said:
I'm staying my ass on the ground until I can practice more on a locked local game in the 'hawks on Pro setting.

Either way its gonna kill your stats! (looks at mine & weeps!) Just jump in, its the only way your gonna get better!

Nos_G

bah, I hate that I can't join you guys until next week. GAF north, you guys better leave me a spot!!!

Nos_G
Canada EST

I'll chime in when I get it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
1st time in joined a buddy on a full dogfight server, I got owned... and owned... and owned... and owned again and again and again, lol. I could really use some bots to practice against.

Firewire

Banned
UnholySpectacle:

If you get the invites out, send along info on the server & password for tonights training session, if we manage to get one set-up.

WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO SET UP A MATCH FOR GAFe TRAINING TONIGHT! YOU HAVE TO HAVE A GOOD INTERNETS CONNECTION! (16 vs 16)

LET UnholySpectacle KNOW!

The first rule of Warhawk: Know how to take the 'hawk out of hover mode.

Too many people on the servers seem to be trying to maneuver in hover mode. GAF needs to be beyond this.

Noobs, this means you. (and me) :D

Grayman

Raist said:
Oh yeah, right, mixed up with the dedicated vs player servers thing :p

Anyone has any idea of the ul bandwith you need to set up a given number of players server ?
on my DSL i can only host 4 players :lol I'm going to call telus and cry.

exarkun

Reporting for duty! I just got my grubby hands on my copy and am about to enter the world of Wowhawk. I'll see you all on there. Psn: exarkun

FightyF

Banned
Got it from Best Buy Northland Mall...so if there are any Calgarian GAFers check any BB out because apparently they got the shipments in the morning.

I may be on later tonight, but I'm not sure, I'm doing some cleaning and I literally have a stack of boxes in front of my projector screen. :p

So I may be on for a few mins to check it out, accept invites, and such, but I won't be able to play a match until this weekend.

GAFw theme song? Sung to Pet Shop Boys "Go West":

GAF West!
We will kick some ass
GAF West!
Mow them down like grass
GAF West!
Leave you black and blue
GAF West!
That is what we're gonna do

Together!
There are many ways
Together!
we can make them pay
Together!
We'll destroy them all
Together!
We shall never fall

GAF West!
Your home base we'll breach
GAF West!
Our flag you'll never reach

Or we could go with this... :p

Foil

Doel said:
Oakville & Oakville.

I went to Best Buy in Oakville today and they told me (again) that they didn't get the game in today, but were expecting 60 copies tomorrow... Should've went to FS. All this just to save some money. $#$%!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Speevy said:
Is it just me, or are the ground battles so much more accessible for novice players compared to the planes? I've gotten so many more kills on the ground.
There's not as many ways to get instants kill in the air. It's definitely more work, and the tables can turn on you a lot faster.

Firewire said:
UnholySpectacle:

If you get the invites out, send along info on the server & password for tonights training session, if we manage to get one set-up.

WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO SET UP A MATCH FOR GAFe TRAINING TONIGHT! YOU HAVE TO HAVE A GOOD INTERNETS CONNECTION! (16 vs 16)

What he said.

besada

Banned
I can host 8 players via the crappy wireless, so hopefully that number will go up on a wire, once I make some router adjustments and dig up a hub.

Raist

Banned
besada said:
I can host 8 players via the crappy wireless, so hopefully that number will go up on a wire, once I make some router adjustments and dig up a hub.

Seems a bit low as well.

How does it work tho ? Is there some sort of connection speed test, and then it says how many players you can host ?

carlos

I was going to get the disc version after all the psn download account fhuta, but there were some technical difficulties; I'll join GAFe tomorrow, most likely

Firewire

Banned
Any one know how the invites work, do you get them in Warhawk in the communities page? or in you XMB message's?
Just wondering?

repeated for dire need, c'mon people someone step up.....

OMGZ YES!!

I just had one of those gaming moments.

I had grabbed the flag and was using the turret in the back of a jeep while the driver was taking us back to our base when suddenly a Warhawk appeared right behind us and began chasing us through this canyon. I was shooting the shit out of it and it was ducking and swerving. We were all going so fast and it felt like something out of a movie! Finally, I shot it out of the skies and we drove back to the base and one the game!

balliinn

Banned
finally got wowhawk!!

psn id: JupiterUnleashed

FYI: the Best Buy in Boca Raton had 8 copies when i left. They're at customer service.

diddlyD

Banned
wtf is with the server browser? it always shows like 20/24 or 8/12 when i refresh right before trying to join, then gives me "game is full" and kicks me back to the top of the list.

what is this shitty ass pre-year 2000 style server browser bullshit ARGHHHH!

freshair

Firewire said:
Does it alert you in game? or does the tab flash or something...again just wondering?

No alerts/no flashing. You have to manually check it. :|
Although it does alert you if someone has friended you.

Top Bottom