• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Firewire said:
Try the Sony servers (there in blue) you might have to open up ports on your router or something.

Do we know what ports to forward?

I am getting really bad pings on most sony/dedicated servers.

Raist

Banned
179086584.png

I winz :D

I have the TV running so by DL speed is taking a hit tho :p

Proc

dudes, this game is awesome! The third person ground game distinguishes, as does the flight mechanics. I'm so happy I have an awesome game on my ps3 now that isn't named Resistance.

Raist

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Do we know what ports to forward?

I am getting really bad pings on most sony/dedicated servers.

TCP 80
TCP 443
TCP 5223
UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658

Some games also require specific ports I think, so I don't know if warhawk does too.

Best is to set your PS3's IP as DMZ :p

Raist said:
TCP 80
TCP 443
TCP 5223
UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658

Some games also require specific ports I think, so I don't know if warhawk does too.

Best is to set your PS3's IP as DMZ :p

I think I figured out how to put my PS3 into DMZ. Found the IP on my network through the PS3 and then used the DMZ option in my linksys and put the same IP number in there.

Right?

EDIT: The sony servers all ping at 98 which is not great but better than before.

Xisiqomelir

Picked up retail copy today! I dunno if I'll be able to play tonight though, packing is a killer.

I'll post again if I can pick up my invite, Safe Bet.

elseanio

this is wired though, will be going wireless on ps3

has anyone had any problems with having their ps3 as a DMZ? edit* answered!

Raist

Banned
DoctorWho said:
I think I figured out how to put my PS3 into DMZ. Found the IP on my network through the PS3 and then used the DMZ option in my linksys and put the same IP number in there.

Right?

yup

I just logged on against and noticed that there is nearly 1,000 games on right now. Is it safe to say that this game has just annihilated any online records that Resistance may have held for the PS3? :D

Raist

Banned
PirateSean said:

this is wired though, will be going wireless on ps3

has anyone had any problems with having their ps3 as a DMZ? edit* answered!

17107 down, with 728 up ? WTF ?

DL speed won't help you tho :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Rice-Eater said:
I just logged on against and noticed that there is nearly 1,000 games on right now. Is it safe to say that this game has just annihilated any online records that Resistance may have held for the PS3? :D

Not really. Sure u can see the list of custom games, but how can you tell how many ranked games are going on in Resistance at anyone time?

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
Not really. Sure u can see the list of custom games, but how can you tell how many ranked games are going on in Resistance at anyone time?

Yeah, I dunno what's the proportion, but I'm pretty sure there is a LOT more people playing ranked than custom.

TTP said:

Oh shit, you're right. I forgot all about ranked games. But still, there are normally like 100-150 unranked games(just a guess) during peak hours. I don't think rank games can make enough of a difference against Warhawk's nearly 1000 games going on right now. I know that a ton of those games probably don't even have 5 people, but it's still mind boggling. I haven't seen this kind of explosion on a online Playstation game since the Socom series.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Rice-Eater said:
Oh shit, you're right. I forgot all about ranked games. But still, there are normally like 100-150 unranked games(just a guess) during peak hours. I don't think rank games can make enough of a difference against Warhawk's nearly 1000 games going on right now. I know that a ton of those games probably don't even have 5 people, but it's still mind boggling. I haven't seen this kind of explosion on a online Playstation game since the Socom series.

Indeed. Impressive start.

User 406

Banned
Okay, just played for the last 4 hours or so, and the game is fuck awesome. I was going to make dinner, but when is the GAFe practice shit going on?

Bebpo

Banned
I just got my copy. Can someone explain how to link the headset to the PS3?

Also where is the mic on the head set? I just see a speaker!

Grayman

Are there any risk to putting the PS3 into DMZ? I don't know a lot about security so I just keep my network as locked up as possible(but that huge list of ports probably won't fit in my open list)

Grayman

Bebpo said:

Thats how bluetooth headsets work. Welcome to the future

You set it up in the options menu on the PS3 somewhere, I think you register a new BT device then go to another menu to set it's sensitivity

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Just played in "Pro Flight" Mode. So awesome. I didn't like the precanned movement in the simple mode. But I was having more fun fighting on the ground (KNIFE FIGHT) than in the air.

Raist

Banned
Bebpo said:

Fully charge it, turn it on by holding the button until the blue light holds, and go through the XMB to register a Bluetooth peripheral, ask it to scan.

THe mic is on the bottom side, tiny hole :p

for those still waiting for bestbuy.ca to ship thier order; i got an email response from customer service:

We understand your concern with not receiving your order on the release date.

The release date is the date the item is released from the manufacturer. We do
not necessarily receive it on the same date. Due to unforeseen circumstances we
were unable to obtain enough stock from the manufacturer to fulfill all the
orders places. Since you did place your order while this product was still in
pre-order mode you will receive one once we have stock from the manufacturer. We
can request an ETA in 5 business days from August 28, 2007. If the game is not
in stock or shipped to you by that date, please contact us again.

Bebpo

Banned
Raist said:
Fully charge it, turn it on by holding the button until the blue light holds, and go through the XMB to register a Bluetooth peripheral, ask it to scan.

THe mic is on the bottom side, tiny hole :p

Hmm, I got it registered but under audio device settings I can't get it to pick up any sound? I see a grey bar and I assume that is supposed to go up and down with mic sound since mic level 1-5 is right below it?

Raist

Banned
Bebpo said:
Hmm, I got it registered but under audio device settings I can't get it to pick up any sound? I see a grey bar and I assume that is supposed to go up and down with mic sound since mic level 1-5 is right below it?

Did you select it for both output and input ? Should be mentionned next to those two options. And yeah, that bar fills up as you speak.

Bebpo

Banned
Raist said:
Did you select it for both output and input ? Should be mentionned next to those two options. And yeah, that bar fills up as you speak.

Did that but I just did a full power off/power on with both the headset and the system and it works now!

TIME FOR SOME WARHAWK :D~~~~

Top Bottom