• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Greg

I need some clarification on something - I never thought the whole game sharing thing would effect me as I don't share the game with anyone else besides the accounts that are on my PS3 (and really, is that sharing anyways? it's my fucking system)...

Can my brother play Warhawk on his PSN name? He isn't trying to play on a different system or anything, he is playing on the same system that I purchased the game on, it's just on his name instead of mine.

I heard someone say you couldn't, and I find that absolutely ridiculous that they'd limit you to one account even if it's all on the same system.

Speevy

Banned
I have the retail version, but I haven't tried to log in as another user on my system.

I don't see what the problem would be, but I've been wrong before.

Bebpo

Banned
How do I play with you guys? I look at the server list and there's only like 1 game with 5 people and playing with 5 people on a map isn't that fun :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bebpo said:
How do I play with you guys? I look at the server list and there's only like 1 game with 5 people and playing with 5 people on a map isn't that fun :(

Check your Filters. Maybe you have them set to "MY REGION"

Speevy

Banned
Bebpo said:

Huh? What server list are you looking at?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Bebpo said:
Yeah, I did. Went from 2 servers to 1100 :lol

Still I want to play with GAF!
If anyone on your friendslist is playing, you can see under community and friends list you can join the server they are playing on if it isnt full.

Uncle AJ

Man, I am getting a ton of "Server is full" messages after trying to connect to games (some with only 4/20 and 15/24 players filled). I had around a 10% success rate with connections today alone. o_O Serious bummer.

Other serious bummer: no one is communicating, even in team games. Sure glad I bought that headset. -_-

Granted those are just random games I'm joining; teams should be a lot more talkative once GAFn is up and running.

JB1981

Ummm ....

I think Warhawk just fucking bricked my PS3.

The game froze. The system shut itself down. Now it won't start up (no video, nothing) and sometimes I get a yellow light on the front.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Bebpo

Banned
captive said:
If anyone on your friendslist is playing, you can see under community and friends list you can join the server they are playing on if it isnt full.

No one in my 40+ GAF friendslist is playing!

GAF you disappoint me :(

JB1981 said:
Ummm ....

The game froze. The system restarted shut itself down. Now it won't start up (no vide) and sometimes I get a yellow light on the front.

Is the retail one really freezing that often? I heard about the freezes in the beta and I thought it'd get sorted out for the retail. This makes me a little afraid to play it. I don't want a bricked console ;_;

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Mo the Hawk said:
Man, I am getting a ton of "Server is full" messages after trying to connect to games (some with only 4/20 and 15/24 players filled). I had around a 10% success rate with connections today alone. o_O Serious bummer..

This happened a lot in Battlefield 2. Its due to people filling up whatever remaing spots and the screen still shows theres still some spots open. Its a pain when you want to get into a game thats nearly full.

captive

Bebpo said:
No one in my 40+ GAF friendslist is playing!

GAF you disappoint me :(

Is the retail one really freezing that often? I heard about the freezes in the beta and I thought it'd get sorta out for the retail. This makes me a little afraid to play it. I don't want a bricked console ;_;
You need better friends then. :lol
I would be playing if i had my TV :(

Speevy

Banned
JB1981 said:
Ummm ....

The game froze. The system shut itself down. Now it won't start up (no video, nothing) and sometimes I get a yellow light on the front.

Eject the disk.

Software doesn't destroy systems, especially not the PS3.

Greg

TTP said:
he cant. that's why people are whining.
Angry e-mail incoming if that's the case. I'm going to check for myself when I get home, but I was never aware that the extra 20 bucks for the retail copy allowed you to use the 'feature' included in every other fucking online game.

I'll just take my game back to the stor-...oh, wait...

JB1981

It's fucking dead. I downloaded the game off PSN. I was on a unranked server. The game froze, the system actually restarted itself and now I get no video or audio. The controller won't sync with the system and the shit is just fucking dead.

FUCK. YOU. INCOGNITO.

Your beta froze constantly and now you fucking killed my system.

Uncle AJ

BlueTsunami said:
This happened a lot in Battlefield 2. Its due to people filling up whatever remaing spots and the screen still shows theres still some spots open. Its a pain when you want to get into a game thats nearly full.

Yeah, but 16 players joining in 10 seconds? Not fucking likely.

captive

JB1981 said:
It's fucking dead. I downloaded the game off PSN. I was on a unranked server. The game froze, the system actually restarted itself and now I get no video or audio. The controller won't sync with the system and the shit is just fucking dead.

FUCK. YOU. INCOGNITO.

Your beta froze constantly and now you fucking killed my system.
Jesus chill out, hold the power button for 4 seconds when you start the system, plug in your cable and resync your controller.
then take a shower to remove the sand from your vagina.

Stench

Banned
If it's any consolation, JB, my PS3 broke last week.

The people at Sony Customer Support were pretty awesome about it, though. My system's currently in turnaround at the repair facility.

JB1981

:lol

I'm drunk. So I overreacted a little but WHAT THE FUCK?!

Why did my system just do that and why did I have to plug in this 1ft. long shitty USB cable to get this thing to work again?

I repeat: WHY is this online only game still fucking freezing like a motherfucker?

Stench

Banned
Why did my system just do that and why did I have to plug in this 1ft. long shitty USB cable to get this thing to work again?

I repeat: WHY is this online only game still fucking freezing like a motherfucker?
I thought the yellow LED light meant your PS3 was fucked to high noon?

methane47

game rocks... I played about 8 games.. And the last one I came in 3rd.. AND got the turrent Bandit badge!! :D

But god do I suck...

The other pilots in the game are soo much better than me... I've noticed that the ones who have pro flight off.. they kind of suck in avoiding missles.. But GOD EVERY Single dude in the skies seems to be soooo acurate...

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
JB1981 said:
:lol

I'm drunk. So I overreacted a little but WHAT THE FUCK?!

I havent experienced a freeze yet. are you guys playing ranked or unranked servers?

JB1981

LOL.

Game just locked up again.

This is unreal.

And now my PS3 locks up upon start-up. I never had ANY problems with my system til I played this fucking bug-riddled game. This is bullshit.

Speevy

Banned
I've played for several hours. No problems.

Here's what you do.

Put the game away.

Uninstall it.

Reformat your hard drive.

UMMMM...We have issues. The damn game won't let me invite anyone to GAFe now. Any PSN ID I enter just gives me an error message that it can't send the invite. WTF is this shit? GAFe might have to wait till Incog sorts this out.

JB1981

I am so fucking sick of this next-gen bullshit. 2 dead 360s. 1 dead PS3. If I can't revive the system through support, then yes, Warhawk did kill my PS3. I don't care what anyone says. This game has been buggy and unreliable from DAY ONE. Maybe I should've gotten a fucking Wii and been done with it.

I downloaded the game last night. I won't have time to play it until this weekend. I look forward to it!

Safe Bet,

if you read this can you send me my invite to GAFw? (PSN DarkKnight77)
Thanks!

Top Bottom