• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

OverHeat

« generous god »
JB1981 said:
I am so fucking sick of this next-gen bullshit. 2 dead 360s. 1 dead PS3. If I can't revive the system through support, then yes, Warhawk did kill my PS3. I don't care what anyone says. This game has been buggy and unreliable from DAY ONE. Maybe I should've gotten a fucking Wii and been done with it.
What would you be playing online....mario striker? :lol

Resetting is not doing anything. I quit out and it is still giving me the damn eroor messages, this is definitely on the server end. Incog, you got some splainin to do!

balliinn

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
Resetting is not doing anything. I quit out and it is still giving me the damn eroor messages, this is definitely on the server end. Incog, you got some splainin to do!

what is your error message?

JB1981 said:
I am so fucking sick of this next-gen bullshit. 2 dead 360s. 1 dead PS3. If I can't revive the system through support, then yes, Warhawk did kill my PS3. I don't care what anyone says. This game has been buggy and unreliable from DAY ONE. Maybe I should've gotten a fucking Wii and been done with it.

JB, did you try the hard reset? I seriously doubt Warhawk itself bricked your PS3. Software isn't going to do that (unless your system was already vulnerable/faulty and this ended up being the proverbial straw).

FWIW I haven't had a lockup yet (knock on wood). This actually sounds a bit like what I experienced with MLB:TS when their servers were on the fritz last month. I'd lose the network connection and the whole system would freeze. PS3 doesn't seem to react well to sudden disconnections or something. Are you playing behind a router BTW?

otake said:
i recognize u from ign. what happened?

I got tired of the mess that was their gaming boards, so i migrated over here. Its much more entertaining and people actually enjoy games a lot more (with a lot less overall bitterness/hatred) here.

Its great to see known IGN board trolls (ie: swanlee) show up, post their normal bs, and then get banned right away. :D

Even servers that are half full are telling me the server is full... This never happened to me in the beta with my exact same networking setup..

WTF INCOG???

Varshes

Attention GAFn members!

Clan invites have once again gone out, any of you who PM'd me should also have recieved one and been added to the spreadsheet. I'll be going down the list again tomorrow.

If we have enough people signed on and willing tomorrow, then we will be meeting at 10PM EST, server to be determined tomorrow.

Right now there are only 8 slots available, act while you can.

UnholySpectacle said:
UMMMM...We have issues. The damn game won't let me invite anyone to GAFe now. Any PSN ID I enter just gives me an error message that it can't send the invite. WTF is this shit? GAFe might have to wait till Incog sorts this out.

I'm in fine. Might just be a temporary error.

Trevelyan equals pwnd!

User 406

Banned
That's right, Wasabi told me I was showing up as clan 4-D, maybe something got screwed up. Perhaps disband the clan and start over?

dralla

gketter was batmod on IGN :]

unholy, im going to send you an friend invite. maybe you can only send clan invites to people on your FL?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
JB1981 said:
Yep. Completely dead.

Fuck gaming.

I its something else entirely JB. If not, I guess its time to call Sony :/ . I would be pissed if my PS3 died too, seeing as how my 360 RRoD'ed a few weeks back.

CSSer

UnholySpectacle said:
The clan name is GAFe, our tag is 4-D:D

This isn't what I signed up for :lol Can you change it to GAFe?

Also, server is going to be reset Aug 30th, 5am pdt... all stats wiped?

User 406

Banned
4-F would have been funnier. :p

Anyway, I'd suggest disbanding and resending the invites. In the meantime, should we get a private server going?

JB1981

BlueTsunami said:
I its something else entirely JB. If not, I guess its time to call Sony :/ . I would be pissed if my PS3 died too, seeing as how my 360 RRoD'ed a few weeks back.
It's dead. I called them. Apparently the system is overheating because Warhawk "demands a lot of CPU power and it damaged my PS3" <--- LOL

Whatever. Guess I'll just have to suck it up and wait for the box. Next-gen is really, really trying my patience though.

Varshes said:
Oh...I thought we were keeping a format. Our clan is GAFn...

OK, I get it now, it does not matter what you name your clan on your PS3 apparently, all anyone else sees is the tag. Why the fuck even have a clan name and seperate tag then?

Bulla564

Banned
UnholySpectacle, I'm not in right now, but I have not received the invite. Can I still get while I'm not in?

P.S. This game is fucking amazing!!! I suck in a warhawk, but I own on foot. What's wrong with me...

UnholySpectacle said:
OK, I get it now, it does not matter what you name your clan on your PS3 apparently, all anyone else sees is the tag. Why the fuck even have a clan name and seperate tag then?

Prolly as the clan name uses more characters than they display.

Fixing the tag?

Top Bottom