• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Still waiting on my GAFw invite.. And I can't get into any games still!! It worked fine for me on the beta so it's not my network and my media sharing is turned off. It keeps telling me that even half-full servers are full..

arrrrrfgggggghhh!!!

JB1981

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
JB, did you try the hard reset? I seriously doubt Warhawk itself bricked your PS3. Software isn't going to do that (unless your system was already vulnerable/faulty and this ended up being the proverbial straw).

FWIW I haven't had a lockup yet (knock on wood). This actually sounds a bit like what I experienced with MLB:TS when their servers were on the fritz last month. I'd lose the network connection and the whole system would freeze. PS3 doesn't seem to react well to sudden disconnections or something. Are you playing behind a router BTW?
I am behind a router. The Warhawk beta froze PS3s constantly. The retail version is also freezing PS3s. I'd really like to know if it's possible that a game could completely brick hardware. I never had a single problem with my PS3 before playing this particular game. Kind of a strange coincidence, don't you think?

All I get are these damn errors. Looks like I will disband and resend invites. If that does not work, you'll read about me in the paper tomorrow: Man caves own head in with PS3.

Sony will spin my death to be a good thing for business somehow. "He was not ready for 4-D":lol

dralla

mmm looks like I got the invite, I see about 20 guys on the clan page.

do you want to me to make a test clan and see if i can send out invites?

UnholySpectacle said:
All I get are these damn errors. Looks like I will disband and resend invites. If that does not work, you'll read about me in the paper tomorrow: Man caves own head in with PS3.

Sony will spin my death to be a good thing for business somehow. "He was not ready for 4-D":lol

Coolcoolcool!

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
gketter said:
I got tired of the mess that was their gaming boards, so i migrated over here. Its much more entertaining and people actually enjoy games a lot more (with a lot less overall bitterness/hatred) here.

Its great to see known IGN board trolls (ie: swanlee) show up, post their normal bs, and then get banned right away. :D

same reasons I left. gaf is so much better. look forward to playing against you ;)

krypt0nian said:
Wait, you're bailing already? I thought clan leader was in it for the long run. =(

I'm not bailing, he is just testing to see if it is just my clan invites that are not getting through. If his test shows he can send invites, that means I need to disband and start over. If he can't send invites that means it is Incogs problem and we just have to wait it out.

Safe Bet said:
Dude..........................

:lol Like I already said I thought everyone would see GAfe with 4-D as a motto or something. I had no idea that 4-D would be all people see. I already changed it so now it is GAFe as the clan and tag. Once again, why in the hell are there two names if you only see one?

User 406

Banned
Hell, looks like my connection can only handle 8 people. :/ Anyone else with a better one want to start a private server for practice?

Looks like 18 people have joined GAFe so far.

Well I have had it freeze once, and I am suprised that i've ran into little lag, especially since I am still leeching off a neighbors weak signal atm. :lol

I can't wait to get home and play some more. Such a great damn game. Was totally under my radar for a while too.

Oh and I might as well put my ID in I suppose.

budokaininja

I would ask for a clan invite, but its probably not a great idea until I get a stable connection set up.

gketter said:
I got tired of the mess that was their gaming boards, so i migrated over here. Its much more entertaining and people actually enjoy games a lot more (with a lot less overall bitterness/hatred) here.

Its great to see known IGN board trolls (ie: swanlee) show up, post their normal bs, and then get banned right away. :D

Yeah I notice that some IGN'er have made GAF there permanent home. The most notable probably being Sonycowboy, I consider him a legend at the PS2 IGN boards
9.gif

I still post there as "Vash-the-Stampede". I got automatically renewed, so I might as well. I'll probably cancel before the next one kicks in. And I had a little grin on my face when I saw Swanlee over here, I knew he wasn't going to last long and I wanted to be there when it happened
16.gif

Madman

JB1981 said:
I am behind a router. The Warhawk beta froze PS3s constantly. The retail version is also freezing PS3s. I'd really like to know if it's possible that a game could completely brick hardware.
I doubt it. I would imagine it was bound to happen. Warhawk just happened to be the game you were playing. That's my view unless I hear about another 2 incidents.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Rice-Eater said:
Yeah I notice that some IGN'er have made GAF there permanent home. The most notable probably being Sonycowboy, I consider him a legend at the PS2 IGN boards
9.gif

I still post there as "Vash-the-Stampede". I got automatically renewed, so I might as well. I'll probably cancel before the next one kicks in. And I had a little grin on my face when I saw Swanlee over here, I knew he wasn't going to last long and I wanted to be there when it happened
16.gif

Ah yea! i remember you. cool!

yea i'd say Sonycowboy and kittonwy are the two ex-IGN people that have flourished the most by migrating over to GAF. I hated to see Sonycowboy leave the IGN boards, i always liked his takes on sales and whatnot, and now he's really taken that interest and ran with it over here! Also i think chubs is moving more and more over here which is cool.

exarkun

So are we getting any games together for tonight? I got my copy and within 15 min ( I was in the Beta) the skies seemed full of potential targets. I had forgotten how addictive this game was. I started at 6 and kept saying 15 more minutes. Of course I was on the Sony Zone server (Zone is the best mode! love it) and spent 3 hours playing it. Damn.

Question: What have others that experienced the beta feel like has been improved in terms of graphics and guns? I think a lot of the textures have been improved, everything seems a little nicer and the pistol is a little weaker?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
frogg609 said:
PSN: synic
gaf: frogg609
loc: Colorado

I'd rather play with Mountain or West Coast time people obviously.

The PST/MST clan is full. I can throw you in the EST/CST/MST/PST clan (Mostly EST/CST...) if you'd like.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Hey, i just want to throw a thank you to killthee for handling all the clan stuff with multiple clans etc, seems we have quite a few people wanting in a clan, which means more work for you, but good none-the-less.

This game is seriously amazing. Pro controls FTW!

Sorry for the misunderstanding, UnholySpectacle. GAFe LIVES!

umm did the clan just disband?

Bought it tonight and played for an hour or so. Got into the grEatest clan on GAF, and I didn't even learn about the problems until after I'd played.

Really really like it so far. The only games I was able to play from start to end were some dogfights, and even though my team got crushed, I was able to improve, all the way to being middle of the pack! :D

Hang in there, UnholySpectacle. We're with you, wherever the clan must go!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
captive said:
Hey, i just want to throw a thank you to killthee for handling all the clan stuff with multiple clans etc, seems we have quite a few people wanting in a clan, which means more work for you, but good none-the-less.

Thanks ^_^;

Anyone else read the Announcement page when logging in tonight? For those who didn't, Incoming Server Maintenance Tonight & Tomorrow To Solve the Stat Issues. Warhawk.com Stats Page Coming Soon.

AltogetherAndrews said:
That PSM review is starting to look more and more strange, isn't it? Oh well, glad to see that Warhawk is the shit. The beta rocked, despite all the freezing.

which i knew it would. The most annoying thing about that PSM review thread was all the non beta people laughing at us for disagreeing with the review, because they were soo looking for it to be the whole "highly anticipated game doesn't score well meltdown time". It seemed those people looking for a meltdown forgot that one key element in the fact we actually played the full game for a month!

captive

Flesh Into Gear said:
Wow. It took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to wear the headset.

GAFe, this is who you'll be flying with.
:lol
Muder death and mayhem indeed.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
gketter said:
which i knew it would. The most annoying thing about that PSM review thread was all the non beta people laughing at us for disagreeing with the review, because they were soo looking for it to be the whole "highly anticipated game doesn't score well meltdown time". It seemed those people looking for a meltdown forgot that one key element in the fact we actually played the full game for a month!

Probably posted already, but from 3rdamention on IGN:

GameSpy.com 4.5 /5
GameSpot 8.5 /10
GamePro 4 /5
IGN.com 8.8 /10
1UP.com 8.5 /10
GameTap 9 /10
RipTen 8.7 /10
Edge [UK] 8 /10
PSM 6.5 /10
Next Gen Ireland 9.6 /10

Wow.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
This game is awesome, I just need to get into more ranked games to improve my stats. Thank goodness for a 3 day weekend.

captive

chubigans said:
Probably posted already, but from 3rdamention on IGN:

GameSpy.com 4.5 /5
GameSpot 8.5 /10
GamePro 4 /5
IGN.com 8.8 /10
1UP.com 8.5 /10
GameTap 9 /10
RipTen 8.7 /10
Edge [UK] 8 /10
PSM 6.5 /10
Next Gen Ireland 9.6 /10

Wow.
Looks like an outlier to me.

Safe Bet

Banned
krypt0nian said:
This game is seriously amazing. Pro controls FTW!

Sorry for the misunderstanding, UnholySpectacle. GAFe LIVES!

umm did the clan just disband?

If you guys don't mind, add some fellow gaffers from the other clans to your PS3 friends list so we can find each other by joining each other's games from both the clan member page and the buddy list page.

I'm getting ready to jump on right now..

Add me bitches... ;)

Trout

Banned
yeah it took me a while to get the chat going too. First I was NAT 3, then I had to switch the settings around for the audio accessories.

Gattsu25

Banned

captive

Safe Bet said:

If you guys don't mind, add some fellow gaffers from the other clans to your PS3 friends list so we can find each other by joining each other's games from both the clan member page and the buddy list page.

I'm getting ready to jump on right now..

Add me bitches... ;)
If anyone wants send me an invite PSN is captive.
I dont think im even half full.

Top Bottom