• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK...it is doing the shit again. I only have like 12 more people to add and it is giving me the damn can't send invite message. ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!

acklame

I love this game, but i do have one complaint. It was a pain in the ass to get some split screen online action going because it turns out all the SCEA servers don't allow split screen. And it took many tries to find a server that works because often times by the time I get in the game, my buddy who then tries to join the game via split screen will get rejected because the game is full. It would be much better if at the online lobby you can choose to join with multiple players. Not to mention that since the official servers don't allow split screen, some of the other servers have spotty connections. In the end it took like 20 minutes to finally find a game me and my buddy can both play, because the game also crashed once while joining game.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
acklame said:
I love this game, but i do have one complaint. It was a pain in the ass to get some split screen online action going because it turns out all the SCEA servers don't allow split screen. And it took many tries to find a server that works because often times by the time I get in the game, my buddy who then tries to join the game via split screen will get rejected because the game is full. It would be much better if at the online lobby you can choose to join with multiple players. Not to mention that since the official servers don't allow split screen, some of the other servers have spotty connections. In the end it took like 20 minutes to finally find a game me and my buddy can both play, because the game also crashed once while joining game.

Yeah, I'm a bit miffed that there's no fun Sony servers...you'd think after spending all that time making splitscreen great that they'd have at least a few servers for it up...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Trout said:
I know there was talk of this earlier...was there any interest in a southeast clan?

PSN: Jtrizzy

We need to somebody to volunteer to be clan leader for the fourth clan. There's still room in GAFn, do you want to join it? Or should I put your name in a Backup/Alt./Clan 4 list?

Trout

Banned
well whatever you think would be best ping wise---I'm in North Carolina, and am not sure how great my connection is.

I've only had one freeze so far and no lag, I am using shared connection from my laptop. (20 gig)

oh and thanks :)

Can someone who has already accepted a caln invite volunteer to take ownership of the clan just to see if they can enter the last set of people? The game should allow me to give the clan to your PSN and then you just give it back once the invites are done. I have no idea why it is doing this to me.

tha_con

Banned
Somone tried to 'steal' my clan name (Section8). I encountered a few of the members today, and demolished them (going solo).

I wish they'd drop it and change it.

FightyF

Banned
acklame said:

Heh, I was just about to ask whether or not I can use 2 bluetooth headsets (one for me and one for my bro) at the same time to play split screen online.

Sounds like we should just forget about it to begin with.

acklame

FightyF said:
Heh, I was just about to ask whether or not I can use 2 bluetooth headsets (one for me and one for my bro) at the same time to play split screen online.

it was indeed a pain but it's a lot of fun once we get it going. if SCEA can put up some servers that allow split screen it'll make it a whole lot better.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
FightyF said:

Nah, only one headset at a time anyways.

Speevy

Banned
Man, I was THIS close to winning that last match. Unholyspectacle (messed up the name before) was there too. I'm like a retarded monkey in the skies, but give me a pistol and you're done.

UnholySpectacle said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK...it is doing the shit again. I only have like 12 more people to add and it is giving me the damn can't send invite message. ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!
Well, I'm about to log in. Just got the game today. Hope everything works well by then. O_O

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Speevy said:
Man, I was THIS close to winning that last match. Unholyspector was there too. I'm like a retarded monkey in the skies, but give me a pistol and you're done.

You should see me in the rocket launcher, I was picking people off like flies. :D

acklame

20 minutes of trouble finding a server for split screen play and with room, getting disconnected from servers, split screen player not able to join the game, game crashing while loading, etc etc is NOT a great showcase of PS3 or warhawk... I was in fact getting embarrassed.

but the game play is awesome, i love it. I hope they can fix some of these issues to make it better.

UnholySpectacle said:

Hmm...

Maybe you should leave it for the night and then try in the morning?

Speevy

Banned
What I really dig about this game is the spectacle of it all.

It doesn't register at first until an airplane shoots at a tank which blows up the 5 people standing near it.

The only thing that would make this game cooler would be gunships or submarines.

Madman

acklame said:
20 minutes of trouble finding a server for split screen play and with room, getting disconnected from servers, split screen player not able to join the game, game crashing while loading, etc etc is NOT a great showcase of PS3 or warhawk... I was in fact getting embarrassed.

but the game play is awesome, i love it. I hope they can fix some of these issues to make it better.
Why didn't you just host your own game?

frogg609

I'm really liking this game. However, aerial combat is kicking my ass. How do people have locks onto me as soon as I get in the skies? Do people ever use hover in the Warhawks? I haven't been able to take down one other person in a Warhawk yet.

Killthee

Trout said:
well whatever you think would be best ping wise---I'm in North Carolina, and am not sure how great my connection is.

I've only had one freeze so far and no lag, I am using shared connection from my laptop. (20 gig)

oh and thanks :)

I placed you in GAFn. P.M. me if it's lagging too much and you want to join the 4th clan (should be going up as soon as someone volunteers to lead...).

Grayman

Dionysus, Mushashi, and I had some good games on a SCEA-Vari server tonight.

By the way guys, it is good to "flush" the server you were playing on after you quit. If you aren't starting a new game "logout" to the main menu(online, local, options) so you don't show as still playing on a server. I've tested it on my own account, I was shown on a server for a long time on the clan page while I was reading the clanpage and my stats.

Killthee

Bulla564 said:
So.... what's the best maneuver when someone has me locked? I am drastically improving, but I still get owned way to easily.

Quick double tap of R2 three times to gain distance and then R2+L2 for a sharp 180 turn to hunt them down.

Bulla564 said:
So.... what's the best maneuver when someone has me locked? I am drastically improving, but I still get owned way to easily.

Yeah, it feels like guys get me with a lock in one hit while it takes me a few to get other guys.

Alex

I got mine setup some, if you could add me when you get a chance Safe, BlueRemedy, there is no space, apparently I am dumb and cannot recall my own username.

Uncle AJ

GAFn invites are starting to pour in. There's about 5 of us online right now including Varshes.

I've been having bad luck though; whenever I join a game in progress via selecting one of my clan members, he ususally isn't there when I join. Accidentally got into a match with someone from GAFw, though.

Killthee

Mo the Hawk said:
GAFn invites are starting to pour in. There's about 5 of us online right now including Varshes.

I've been having bad luck though; whenever I join a game in progress via selecting one of my clan members, he ususally isn't there when I join. Accidentally got into a match with someone from GAFw, though.

I think I saw you in my server (GAF-CTF/ZNS_Training). Any lag or problems?

Grayman

frogg609 said:
I'm really liking this game. However, aerial combat is kicking my ass. How do people have locks onto me as soon as I get in the skies? Do people ever use hover in the Warhawks? I haven't been able to take down one other person in a Warhawk yet.
Keep in mind that locks can come from 3 sources: enemy warhawks, guys with rocket launchers, and AA missile turrets. Someone could have been near your base with the rocket launcher or warhawk, or you might have been at one of the midfield bases which do have AA turrets in range of each other on some maps.

I use hover a little bit. I use it to interact with ground forces, either killing flag runners and clearing areas, or blocking for a jeep or tank with the flag. Hover is also useful if you need to do a fast stop in the air or to lock onto someone that is hovering themselves but very close to you.

Bulla564 said:
Use Chaff, you start with one, the white pickup gives you two.

The aerial methods I know of are:
-putting something between you and the missiles, pull around mountains or buildings
-climb or dive and roll lots, this one isn't as sure as the other two methods but can work great. I think this one is 100% against Surface to air turrets but you only notice what is shooting at you if it kills you. When I play StA I see really basic rotation screwing up my missiles.

Grayman

Killthee said:
Quick double tap of R2 three times to gain distance and then R2+L2 for a sharp 180 turn to hunt them down.
I haven't tried this one before, I use that just to get distance from machine gun fire or run away after i deal with the missile. I know that when I fire a homing missile I can't catch it with turbo boost tho...

Uncle AJ

Killthee said:
I think I saw you in my server (GAF-CTF/ZNS_Training). Any lag or problems?

I think so; other than my headset not working (not a problem with your server specifically), everything was fine. Sure beats browsing a list of 1000 servers. :D

gigapower

Got my GAFe invite and accepted it. Still trying to tune out the SIXAXIS flight control, but so far I don't like it and much prefer sticks.

DeadCell

Just finished a few really good games of CTF, earned player of the game twice in a row with 137 points in the last game, took a Warhawk down with a flamethrower, and killed Belvedere a few times.

So all in all, it was an eventful first night.:D

Firewire

Banned
Just finished playing like 3.5 hrs of dog fighting! OMG! this game is so fucking awesome! It is just sic how fast it is. The dog fights are just sic, shaking guys of your tail, double teaming, guys shouting at each other "I got your wing, bank left bank left!" Its truly unbelievable till you play it.

I've played like 7-7.5 hours today, thats easily the longest I've played any online game ever!
This baby has to get a nod for GOTY consideration! Its just that good!

I still can't send invites for whatever reason, I keep getting an error message. Anyone who is in clan gafe with a usb keyboard please PM me if you are willing to let me transfer ownership of the clan to you just to get the last set of people invited. I'm going to bed in a bit but I'm having fun so far, even if I suck in a Warhawk.

Firewire said:
Just finished playing like 3.5 hrs of dog fighting! OMG! this game is so fucking awesome! It is just sic how fast it is. The dog fights are just sic, shaking guys of your tail, double teaming, guys shouting at each other "I got your wing, bank left bank left!" Its truly unbelievable till you play it.

I've played like 7-7.5 hours today, thats easily the longest I've played any online game ever!
This baby has to get a nod for GOTY consideration! Its just that good!

I actually hate the dog fighting aspect of it because I'm a complete mess in the Warhawk. I get blown up all the time and can never return the favor, but I still love the game. I spend most of my time on the ground defending in Zones and CTF modes. I would like to try and get better so I can enjoy the flight aspect more.

Firewire

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
I still can't send invites for whatever reason, I keep getting an error message. Anyone who is in clan gafe with a usb keyboard please PM me if you are willing to let me transfer ownership of the clan to you just to get the last set of people invited. I'm going to bed in a bit but I'm having fun so far, even if I suck in a Warhawk.

Man I would, but I gotta crash! (Warhawk Syndrome, to much adrenaline in one night!) If you can get me the info & instructions, I can try in the morning.

Speevy

Banned
I believe this game was part of the initial HOME presentation, but games released before HOME launches aren't compatible with it, are they?

Top Bottom