• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Trout

Banned
even with my massive headset issues, this is about as much fun as I've ever had playing a video game.

and I really would appreciate it if someone could advise me on what the problem might be...all I hear is jumbled nonsense.

Firewire

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
I actually hate the dog fighting aspect of it because I'm a complete mess in the Warhawk. I get blown up all the time and can never return the favor, but I still love the game. I spend most of my time on the ground defending in Zones and CTF modes. I would like to try and get better so I can enjoy the flight aspect more.

Don't avoid the Warhawk's, its the only way you'll get better at them. Your stats are gonna suc, but if you get the hang of it, OMG! Make sure under the control's menu you choose pro-flight, its harder, but its also they way u want to learn.

Firewire

Banned
Speevy said:
I believe this game was part of the initial HOME presentation, but games released before HOME launches aren't compatible with it, are they?

Apparently they are. It will be done with game patches most likely. Trophies & In-game invites and stuff will be patched into older games, so they work with Home.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Speevy said:
I believe this game was part of the initial HOME presentation, but games released before HOME launches aren't compatible with it, are they?

They can be patched and some games will be compatible and released before it launches (Lair).

methane47

LAND MINES are such a huge cheat!!! The other team usually lays 3 or four around a flag.. and ... sorry can't get near the flag now :(

Good grief...

And for some strange reason I can never find them on the map...

.....SO AWESOME

Grayman

Rice-Eater said:
I actually hate the dog fighting aspect of it because I'm a complete mess in the Warhawk. I get blown up all the time and can never return the favor, but I still love the game. I spend most of my time on the ground defending in Zones and CTF modes. I would like to try and get better so I can enjoy the flight aspect more.
You just have to practice some with the warhawks. Let me see if the stats servers are down or everyting, if the game is working I could make a DM game and show you some flying.

Firewire

Banned
methane47 said:
LAND MINES are such a huge cheat!!! The other team usually lays 3 or four around a flag.. and ... sorry can't get near the flag now :(

Good grief...

.....SO AWESOME

Never mind land mines, try flying into a mine laid out in front of a weapons pick up when your flying. You get so pissed because you fly right into them.

DeadCell

methane47 said:

Good grief...

.....SO AWESOME
I'm not going to lie, I rape those landmines like there's no tomorrow.

Grayman

Firewire said:
Never mind land mines, try flying into a mine laid out in front of a weapons pick up when your flying. You get so pissed because you fly right into them.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I drop these so much! my favourite is to put them by health and Chaff in narrow openings!

Killthee

Surfheart said:
I'm sorry if this has already been answered, what clan are Aussies in?

PSN is Surfheart if there are any slots free thanks :)

There's a few in GAFw (PST [GMT -8]; full sorry : ( ). I can place you in GAFu (Euro GAF, GMT), GAFn (EST/CST [GMT -5/-6]), or leave you in a reserve list for GAFw in case someone drops out.

Firewire

Banned
Grayman said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I drop these so much! my favourite is to put them by health and Chaff in narrow openings!

Oh, man I hate those! The mines are always on the other side of a narrow gap, you can't see them even, because there behind the weapon pick up, you pick up the weapon & boom you're dead. So frustrating! I have to admit I payed more attention to mine pickups in my last few matches, I started laying them out myself!

Killthee

methane47 said:

Good grief...

.....SO AWESOME

Fly in with a Warhawk and a full energy weapon pickup (10 shots). Chargeshot the energy weapon (Hold L2) the whole way before getting to the flag, aim for the flag, and shoot. It'll shoot out an energy storm that will destroy any metal in the area (warhawks, tanks, vehicles, and mines).

So most people are just going with normal controls right?

I turned off the sixaxis controls last night and was having a much much easier time...

oh man, this game is fun.

it took me a while to get a hang of everything (I mean, im comming from playing COD4, its a huge jump), and while I am still shakey on parts, it is a lot of fun.

airplane control is one part I wish I could change to be more like Crimsons Skies, I would be satisfied if they let you accelerate with up on the left stick and slow down with back on the left stick.

I have to try out the GAF room if there is one, I only played two short TeamDM games and 3 Deathmatch games.

I ended at 5th in the last two, im not very good yet.

and the default controls for this game are pretty bad, the first game I was in was me mostly standing around adjusting things, and it still isnt perfect. The aiming on foot is just all around wonky and if it wasnt for the over the top auto aim, it would be pretty terrible.

Speevy

Banned
What always gets me is the comedy GOLD the warhawks and tanks bring to the fights.

This guy was using his turret to toy with me while I was on-foot, gradually shifting it at me as I ran away as quickly as possible.

Just then, a warhawk completely destroyed the entire structure. It was like watching an action-comedy. You couldn't have directed a better setup. :lol

methane47

Killthee said:
Fly in with a Warhawk and a full energy weapon pickup (10 shots). Chargeshot the energy weapon (Hold L2) the whole way before getting to the flag, aim for the flag, and shoot. It'll shoot out an energy storm that will destroy any metal in the area (warhawks, tanks, vehicles, and mines).

I just found out about the damage a the lightning gun can do.. when i did some local testing just now..

One fully charged is enough to immediately take down a warhawk and after a few seconds.. much of its surroundings...

Grayman

Speevy said:
What always gets me is the comedy GOLD the warhawks and tanks bring to the fights.

This guy was using his turret to toy with me while I was on-foot, gradually shifting it at me as I ran away as quickly as possible.

Just then, a warhawk completely destroyed the entire structure. It was like watching an action-comedy. You couldn't have directed a better setup. :lol
I ran up to a tank, jumped on it, shanked the mook in the turret, then stood on the tank so the person in it couldn't hurt me.

methane47

Oh... also.. i have an admission...

I'm a newb... I have become a turrent Whore... because it just seems that .. i'm not that great in anything else...

One map i managed a 12 kill streak with the turrent.. :D or 2 streaks adding to 12 or something like that.. it was awesome anyways

Bebpo

Banned
This game is really fun. Can anyone invite me to a clan? I keep playing with teams that have no idea about capturing lands and everyone just kills each other :(

My favorite weapon is a tank. No one ever expects a tank :D

Grayman

methane47 said:
I just found out about the damage a the lightning gun can do.. when i did some local testing just now..

One fully charged is enough to immediately take down a warhawk and after a few seconds.. much of its surroundings...
hmm i found that it only did 90% damage or so, it usually didn't finish someone at full health for me unless i machine gunned them as it was on them.

Bebpo said:
This game is really fun. Can anyone invite me to a clan? I keep playing with teams that have no idea about capturing lands and everyone just kills each other :(

ditto, is there a GAF clan going?

if so, my PSN name is Linkzg64.

Dizzan

MINI Member
My little gaming world sux at the moment.

Warhawk still isn't available on Aus PSN

AND

I can't find my headset anywhere. I've turned my house upside down looking for it!

Dizzan

MINI Member
Speevy said:
Are US games unplayable on Australian TVs? Do they run counter-clockwise, in p027?

:lol Yeah just like the toilets.

I just want to dl it from the Australian store so I can use my PSN name, dizzan, not my sub account. And if they ever decide to region lock the stores and my PS3 fucks out at least I can re d/l Warhawk. I've bought Calling all cars and SS:HD from US store and CAc's sux cos the servers are locked to the US

I would also like to get into a clan, but being in Japan atm will make it hard because of the time difference I suppose. Oh wells, I'll just keep a look out for GAF games.

Uncle AJ

The headset is pissing me off to no end... now all of a sudden I don't get a "bloop!" sound when I push L3 so I can't speak, even though I can hear other guys talking through the headset (and sometimes through the speakers at totally random times).

Nice CTF games with Escalation from GAFw tonight. Sorry I bailed out of the 4x4 in the middle of the enemy base, man. :lol

ndiicm

We need more GAF clans. a second GAFe and a second GAFw would help. Any hardcore players want to volunteer as leader?

Maybe GAFeII and GAFwII?

Dante

This game is a BLAST!!

Loving it, bit I have 2 questions.

Where are the GAF rooms ( didn't see any )

and why isn't my mic working I keep pressing L3 and nobody seems to hear me. :( and I'm getting no visual que that it's working.

afrosensei said:
We need more GAF clans. a second GAFe and a second GAFw would help. Any hardcore players want to volunteer as leader?

Maybe GAFeII and GAFwII?

or even things like

GAFe Casual
GAFe Hardcore

crap like that

Grayman

Clan names are limited to 4 characters. I don't think you can have duplicate tags either.

you'd have to make wGAF or GAF2,3,4,5,6

right now I think GAFn is catching runoff, and has players from east and west

Top Bottom