• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

icechai

Killthee said:
Fly in with a Warhawk and a full energy weapon pickup (10 shots). Chargeshot the energy weapon (Hold L2) the whole way before getting to the flag, aim for the flag, and shoot. It'll shoot out an energy storm that will destroy any metal in the area (warhawks, tanks, vehicles, and mines).

another method to get them if you're only on foot is to throw some grenades, they pop those mines, as well as launching a rocket or unloading a assault rifle clip at distance.

The mines are pretty key to defense in zones and ctf, switching between my rocket launcher, turret, and landmines I held off the bridge to base by myself, another guy was at base as backup, and the rest of our team went and got the flag :) I ended up with 1st place ranking just from so much flag defense and killing heheh.

can I complain how annoying playing zones can be? Its only fun if your team knows what its doing, half of the ranked zone games people just huddle together in 1 zone with hardly anyone branching out >_<

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Linkzg said:
east coast

I can throw you into GAFn (mostly EST/CST).

afrosensei said:
We need more GAF clans. a second GAFe and a second GAFw would help. Any hardcore players want to volunteer as leader?

Maybe GAFeII and GAFwII?

GAFn is practically GAFe II and there's not enough PST users/demand to create a GAFw II. We will be needing a 4th N.A. clan pretty soon though, but we can't create it until somebody volunteers to lead it...

Linkzg said:
or even things like

GAFe Casual
GAFe Hardcore

crap like that

There's a 4 character limit. And there's really no need to split up the casual/hardcore members at this moment because we don't know who's going to stick around. We do plan to eventually split the clans by HC/C once things settle down.

rc213

Damn Damn Damn!

I hope ebgames has shipped my copy already, Damn AMEX Rewards hasn't sent me an email to see if they even put the order through. =C

icechai

DoctorWho said:
Yeah, it feels like guys get me with a lock in one hit while it takes me a few to get other guys.

Homing missles will do that to you in air vs air battles. If you aren't too close to them and you hear the lock-on (use pro-flight controls) dive or climb sharply with the right analog, then switch directions very fast (either up, left, down, right). Any 2 sharp turns has gotten me out of homing missles and AA turrets. If you want to stay alive you probably want to afterburner it out of there to reposition yourself to lock on with a homing. Oh, and make sure you use your machine gun a lot.

GAFn FTW :D

ndiicm

icechai said:
another method to get them if you're only on foot is to throw some grenades, they pop those mines, as well as launching a rocket or unloading a assault rifle clip at distance.

The mines are pretty key to defense in zones and ctf, switching between my rocket launcher, turret, and landmines I held off the bridge to base by myself, another guy was at base as backup, and the rest of our team went and got the flag :) I ended up with 1st place ranking just from so much flag defense and killing heheh.

can I complain how annoying playing zones can be? Its only fun if your team knows what its doing, half of the ranked zone games people just huddle together in 1 zone with hardly anyone branching out >_<

Hey I played with you today. We were on the same team, my psn: ndiicm
good game.

Aleman

Hey, I think I may be the highest ranked player in GAFw at the moment. Anyone higher than ~475?

Loving this game so far. Tip: you get points a lot faster in CTF than you do in the other game modes. Capturing a flag gives 30 and saving a flag gives 10. I can get ~300 points per hour now.

Killthee

icechai said:
Homing missles will do that to you in air vs air battles. If you aren't too close to them and you hear the lock-on (use pro-flight controls) dive or climb sharply with the right analog, then switch directions very fast (either up, left, down, right). Any 2 sharp turns has gotten me out of homing missles and AA turrets. If you want to stay alive you probably want to afterburner it out of there to reposition yourself to lock on with a homing. Oh, and make sure you use your machine gun a lot.

GAFn FTW :D

Also keep an eye on the red squares above "Locked On Missiles". Each one represent one missile.

ndiicm

Killthee said:
I can throw you into GAFn (mostly EST/CST).

GAFn is practically GAFe II and there's not enough PST users/demand to create a GAFw II. We will be needing a 4th N.A. clan pretty soon though, but we can't create it until somebody volunteers to lead it...

There's a 4 character limit. And there's really no need to split up the casual/hardcore members at this moment because we don't know who's going to stick around. We do plan to eventually split the clans by HC/C once things settle down.

cool in that case please put me in GAFn :)
psn ID: ndiicm

Aleman

Escalation said:
I hope the maintenance fixes the small issues that remain.

One issue is that it takes way too long to refresh the server list... and if you try to join a server that is full it refreshes the whole list.

Killthee

Dante said:
This game is a BLAST!!

Loving it, bit I have 2 questions.

Where are the GAF rooms ( didn't see any )

and why isn't my mic working I keep pressing L3 and nobody seems to hear me. :( and I'm getting no visual que that it's working.

I've had a 20p CTF/ZNS server running for the last 3:30 hours (GAF-CTF/ZNS_Training).

icechai

Aleman said:
One issue is that it takes way too long to refresh the server list... and if you try to join a server that is full it refreshes the whole list.

yeah, they really need a filter option as well so you can just view server refreshes that way.

Afrosensei: Hope you get into GAFn! :)

J-Rzez

I got to play a couple quick matches today... It's freakin' incredible fun... This is my fav game so far this gen, 100% pure fun... no other way to describe it...

But, i need to practice this, controls are a lil hairy in the hawks, but i'll get the hang of it...

Killthee

afrosensei said:
cool in that case please put me in GAFn :)
psn ID: ndiicm

Done. 2 spots left in GAFn! I need a volunteer for the 4th clan.

And as a reminder to any future new recruits:

GUYS, PLEASE EITHER POST THAT YOU WANT TO JOIN A CLAN IN THIS THREAD OR SEND A P.M. TO A CLAN LEADER WITH A OPEN SPOT. Do not do both.

DO NOT'S
1. Do not request an invite without making sure your not in the roster. (Ctrl+f the roster)
2. Do not post requesting for an invite and send a P.M. to a leader, it confuses things.
3. Make sure the clan has a open spot before you P.M. a leader.
4. Avoid sending messages through PSN, use GAF.
5. Do not post partial info when requesting an invite. I'm skipping all the people who are doing this. Post your PSN ID, GAF username, Timezone, Location*, and your preferred open clan.
6. Do not freak out if we don't respond to your P.M.'s. Check the roster before you ask us whats going on, we might have updated you without replying back.

*Location is optional.

Bebpo

Banned
I really like the scope of the big 24-32 player games. Huge draw distance, tons of stuff going on, etc... feels really frantic, alive, and fun.

Combined with the really top-notch sound effects and music + great controls (though the triangle switching feels a bit awkward in planes for me) = really awesome presentation.

This is probably the best online game I've played in a decade. I normally don't like playing online, but this cures my biggest issue with the genre on consoles lately and that's NO FUCKING LOBBIES THANK GOD. You actually can just turn on the system and within a minute or two you are playing and having fun. That seems to be SO HARD TO DO in 99% of online games this gen. It helps that once you get in, the game is fun and addicting as well. ^_^

Oh and I didn't realize the letters in the Clan stood for location...whoops.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
No GAFe clan invite? I thought I made the cut :(

I love sneaking up on people in turrets, slapping a mine on there and just walking away. Never know what hit them.

UPDATE FOR GAFe: I don't know if it is server issues or if God hates me and/or Warhawk but there are at least 16 people who I can't send an invite to. The game keeps giving me an error message. Another group of around 16 people for Gafe don't have the game and it tells me you have not logged on. This means our clan is currently half the size it should be. I am going to send Firewire the clan info tomorrow and try an experiment to see if I can transfer ownership of the clan to him so he can finish the invites.

Killthee

kaching said:
No GAFe clan invite? I thought I made the cut :(

I love sneaking up on people in turrets, slapping a mine on there and just walking away. Never know what hit them.

Don't worry, your in the roster under GAFe. Unholy probably didn't get around to sending you an invite, he's having trouble sending the last invites...

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Killthee said:
Don't worry, your in the roster under GAFe. Unholy probably didn't get around to sending you an invite, he's having trouble sending the last invites...
Yeah, I just caught up with the thread.

Dante

Oh man I'm having so much fun with this game.

I still am not sure if my mic is working though. I'm pressing L3 to talk is that all i need to do?

Killthee

Dante said:

I still am not sure if my mic is working though. I'm pressing L3 to talk is that all i need to do?

I believe you have to hold it.

icechai

Dante said:

when you first press it down you should hear a radio blip, which signals that you can talk and be heard, when you let go of L3, a different radio blip sounds meaning its off :D

Jackson

wow... i was flying in hover mode for like an hour before I pressed Triangle... lol... I'm like this flying is really weird, up and down but no forward except slow with the L stick? I guess i really gotta practice... lol wow what a difference triangle maks:lol :lol :lol

Dante

icechai said:
when you first press it down you should hear a radio blip, which signals that you can talk and be heard, when you let go of L3, a different radio blip sounds meaning its off :D

I'm not getting that :(

It says the jabra headset I got with it is synced do I have to enable it in-game?

nofi

PirateSean said:
id like to be added to GAFu if possible

psn: akira-uk
time: gmt

I can't wait for GAFu to start up properly. Once we're in a clan (and headsets should be a requirement for clan entry IMO) it'll be an even better game.

I love it. Best game on PS3 by a mile.

icechai

Dante said:
I'm not getting that :(

It says the jabra headset I got with it is synced do I have to enable it in-game?

go over in the XMB to accessory settings and see if you are getting any bars when you talk into the mic, you can also change the volume level there. Sometimes you have to sync a headset twice (that's how I got my Motorola H670 working, before i just heard buzzing instead of people talking :p)

Killthee

The Jer said:
I gots Warhawk now!!

I'm willing to secretary a fourth clan.

Are you willing to send out invites, update your clan info to the roster (member status, invite dates, adding new members, deleting members, etc...) if I'm not around or you receive the info first, establish clan nights, and maybe setup some cross clan games with the other leaders? P.M. me if you are :D

dfyb

Banned
i seemed to do okay, considering all of GAF was on the other team :p

regardless i think i pretty consistantly had the most kills/combat points :D

Anyone know how to set motion controls ON for warhawks and OFF for vehicles at the same time? I hate pausing and changing it because I always asplode before I can move.

BTW is everyone using motion controls AND pro flight? What does pro flight do?

Varshes

narcosis219 said:
Are invites to GAFn out yet? Didn't receive one.

I sent them out earlier tonight, you didn't come up, so I assume you hadn't logged in yet. I'll be going down the list again tomorrow.

On that note, there is only 1 spot left in GAFn.

Varshes said:
I sent them out earlier tonight, you didn't come up, so I assume you hadn't logged in yet. I'll be going down the list again tomorrow.

On that note, there is only 1 spot left in GAFn.

I was playing for like 5 hours. 8PM to 12:30AM =/. I hope I can still get in =/.

Varshes

narcosis219 said:

I just tried to invite you, but I got a send error for some reason, maybe the same problem UnholySpectacle was having. I will try again tomorrow, but you still have a slot in there, so don't worry.

Top Bottom