• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

dfyb

Banned
narcosis219 said:
BTW is everyone using motion controls AND pro flight? What does pro flight do?
i use analog sticks and pro flight. pro flight keeps the camera stuck to the warhawk while doing barrel rolls etc (so if you turn upside down, your camera follows that). warhawks handle great upside down and all so it's a blast with pro flight on :D

Grayman

I just got done putting down some medium sized map CTF ownij. I got 2 caps out of 5 or so flag snags. The problem with medium map 3 point limit is that the flags end up in the opposite bases and once a flag is in the main base it tends to stick there for a long time.

narcosis219 said:
Anyone know how to set motion controls ON for warhawks and OFF for vehicles at the same time? I hate pausing and changing it because I always asplode before I can move.

BTW is everyone using motion controls AND pro flight? What does pro flight do?
Pro fight makes you not suck. I don't know. Anytime I get an option called PRO in a game it gets turned on before I play. I think you get more acrobatics control.

YOu can't set the controls up the good way. complain to Incog and maybe they'll fix that.

Dante

icechai said:
go over in the XMB to accessory settings and see if you are getting any bars when you talk into the mic, you can also change the volume level there. Sometimes you have to sync a headset twice (that's how I got my Motorola H670 working, before i just heard buzzing instead of people talking :p)

That did it!

Thanks!

Xater

Grayman said:
Pro fight makes you not suck. I don't know. Anytime I get an option called PRO in a game it gets turned on before I play.

LOL you are so right. That's usually the case. It is called Pro for a good reason: You are able to own those noobs that think they can escape with some dumb rolls or ther canned loopings. :D

Steroyd

If the GAFu clan fills up (lololololol) you can sacrifice me because I won't be getting Warhawk till whenever the retail version gets released. :(

Meanwhile I'll just watch everyone on my Buddy list have the name Warhawk under them and get more depressed.

Yixian

Banned
Hang on, I only just realised GAFe was East US and not Europe -_-

Alright everything I said about the anthems and shit was in reference to GAFu, for which I'm shooting for a spot in.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
WARHAWK IS UP ON THE EU STORE

29 Euros

wbSOCCERitaly_wideweb__470x322,0.jpg

W020060705346099000690.jpg

_40676469_1230_berluskoni.jpg

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
BlackGoku03 said:
That was some good practice in the GAF room. I shot down a good number of planes.

Any lag? Any issues? Was the score limit too high? What about the time limit? Did you like the alternating game mode? Were you in for round 5 (Badlands - Fortress TDM)? Did you like the change in pace/mode in the middle of the rotation? Any feedback is welcomed :D

Wollan

TTP said:

29 Euros

Ahhh!!

Hold out, hold out!
No I give up. *downloads*

nofi

TTP said:

29 Euros

Jolly good. Hopefully we'll have a GAFu match/meet-up tonight.

Killthee said:
Any lag? Any issues? Was the score limit too high? What about the time limit? Did you like the alternating game mode? Were you in for round 5 (Badlands - Fortress TDM)? Did you like the change in pace/mode in the middle of the rotation? Any feedback is welcomed :D
No lag, no issues. I would have liked to communicate a bit more with people, but oh well. Time limit was perfect.

Can't remember wich round I was in... being 4 in the morning and all. :D

The pace was good as well. I just don't know how to destroy the other teams base. I sat there and shot it for a long time and it's bar went down but it never depleted completely. Eh, I just don't know too much of what I'm doing in Warhawk.

All in all, I'll be sticking to Warhawk for a very long ass time. Love the game.

Edit: Dumb question but can two players play online at the same time? Like a friend and I playing on the same team?

Grayman

Killthee said:
I went on the server for a few minutes but it was half full and the teams were lopsided in number. I'll try it later when more people are playing.

Did you have warhawks can carry flags on by any chance? Given my limited experiance i don't think you would ever get 5 caps unless the game was a blowout and people just wanted to play out the map before the time expired. how long was the time?

TTP said:

29 Euros

Ohh crap!! Already!

Grayman

BlackGoku03 said:
No lag, no issues. I would have liked to communicate a bit more with people, but oh well. Time limit was perfect.

Can't remember wich round I was in... being 4 in the morning and all. :D

The pace was good as well. I just don't know how to destroy the other teams base. I sat there and shot it for a long time and it's bar went down but it never depleted completely. Eh, I just don't know too much of what I'm doing in Warhawk.

All in all, I'll be sticking to Warhawk for a very long ass time. Love the game.

Edit: Dumb question but can two players play online at the same time? Like a friend and I playing on the same team?
You and a friend can play splitscreen but not on ranked servers sadly. Just press start on a second controller and the screen should split.

What were you shooting in the base? The only things that have the little bars for damage are vehicles, players, and turrets(machine guns, AA-gun, AA-missile)

In zone, CTF, and TDM you can take territory by standing near the flags, this makes a much more prominent bar on the bottom of your screen. FLags are also returned to base on a time stood on system.

the_id

damn it!!!!! i'm at work! trying to write up a thesis and warhawk just came?! fuuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!! damn you gaf! looks like i'll just have to leave my patients paper works till tomorrow!

curse you wowhawk!!!!

*runs home*

see ya bitches!!!!

DIZZAN...let me know when you're online!

Steroyd

TTP said:

Must...not...buy...must...wait...for...headset...bundle....next...month... X_X

/rocks in chair

J2d

When is the retail version due in europe? I can't seem to find a solid date but if it's too far away then I'm going with the PSN version.

WTFing

Banned
TTP said:

29 Euros
mbami.jpg

Thanks for the info! I love you all now!
WOWHAWK!

Xater

GAFu Announcement! (A repeat in case anyone missed it!)

Between 19-21 GMT I will be adding people to the GAFu clan. Make sure you have your Headset ready and that you are online!

TTP will also host a GAFu Server the details for that will follow when it is online.

(TTP just post the Server data here when it is up.)

nofi

Xater said:
GAFu Announcement! (A repeat in case anyone missed it!)

Between 19-21 GMT I will be adding people to the GAFu clan. Make sure you have your Headset ready and that you are online!

TTP will also host a GAFu Server the details for that will follow when it is online.

(TTP just post the Server data here when it is up.)

Can we have a game tonight? I'll be around at about 10.30pm ish (GMT).

Xater

nofi said:
Can we have a game tonight? I'll be around at about 10.30pm ish (GMT).

That's the idea. I'm just aying that I will be adding people in this this timeframe and no one should get pissed of if they are not in GAFu. I will be playing till 00:00 tonight I guess. Also depends how long TTP can host. (he is the one who has a big ass connection)

nofi

Xater said:
That's the idea. I'm just aying that I will be adding people in this this timeframe and no one should get pissed of if they are not in GAFu. I will be playing till 00:00 tonight I guess. Also depends how long TTP can host. (he is the one who has a big ass connection)

Smashing. So, who's first to get their arse kicked by GAFu?

so you guys think with the JabraBT125 being officially bundled with a Sony First Party release, that the headset will kinda be an "official" one for releases to come since there hasn't been one yet?

Like every title from this point on will at least support this particular model, and hopefully no more having to worry about what bluetooth headset to pick u...

I hope so as it seems to work well as I've had no issues thus far....

Xater

BTW I am crazy and I just bought the game again so I can play it with my main account. :lol

So I guess I will have to disband GAFu for a few minutes adn then create it again. Except maybe nofi can be clan leaer for a few hours and then make me the clan leader again. But I don#t know when do you have access to your PS3 nofi?

TTP said:

Downloading now.

PSN ID is freethought69 if anyone fancies a game. I'd like to join GAFu if it's not too much trouble as well. Any advice for a n00b about to get his ass handed to him. Is the sixaxis a viable option? Or does having to use it for ground vehicles make it more annoying thani it's worth?

Xater

freethought said:
Downloading now.

PSN ID is freethought69 if anyone fancies a game. I'd like to join GAFu if it's not too much trouble as well. Any advice for a n00b about to get his ass handed to him. Is the sixaxis a viable option? Or does having to use it for ground vehicles make it more annoying thani it's worth?

No problem but I need more information: Timezone + Location

subzero9285 said:
Is it really necessary to have a headset to play? i'm thinking about buying the psn version right now

...I think so...especially if you wanna participate in any clan in the future....communication is really essential to winning matches with the more intermediate/advanced players....

I remeber when us GAFers had a Battlefield2 clan awhile back...we were constantly mopping it up in matches....much of it attributed to constant communication

nofi

Xater said:
BTW I am crazy and I just bought the game again so I can play it with my main account. :lol

So I guess I will have to disband GAFu for a few minutes adn then create it again. Except maybe nofi can be clan leaer for a few hours and then make me the clan leader again. But I don#t know when do you have access to your PS3 nofi?

i'm at bastarding work. i soooo want to be at home.

so, not for hours. sorry.

Xater

subzero9285 said:
Is it really necessary to have a headset to play? i'm thinking about buying the psn version right now

You can always buy a headset later. it is just way more fun when you can communicate with you clan members.

TTP said:

Downloading now.

PSN ID is freethought69 if anyone fancies a game. I'd like to join GAFu if it's not too much trouble as well. Any advice for a n00b about to get his ass handed to him. Is the sixaxis a viable option? Or does having to use it for ground vehicles make it more annoying than it's worth?

nofi

subzero9285 said:

It really is. Otherwise you have to sit in a jeep beeping your horn, which could mean "get in" or "get out of the way" or "help" or God knows what.

freshair

subzero9285 said:

It's quite enjoyable without the headset, as I don't have one either, but I do plan on getting on eventually for the fact that I need to communicate with my teammates about zones/enemies/etc.

nofi said:
It really is. Otherwise you have to sit in a jeep beeping your horn, which could mean "get in" or "get out of the way" or "help" or God knows what.

:lol So true. Some people don't know how to play that well, and it sucks when they don't have headsets. So currently, whenever i enter a room with no one talking, i give out a "Pres L3 to Talk People!"

Have happened twice with me on CTF that others are either just staring at me returning the flag instead of helping... or that others have flag and they don't know where to drop it off so you shoot fire at your flag to direct the headset-less dude...

Though if you don't have headset, you can still hear them speak via TV Speakers, so if you're doing something wrong, you'll hear a "WTF DUDE!" :D

AgentOtaku said:
...I think so...especially if you wanna participate in any clan in the future....communication is really essential to winning matches with the more intermediate/advanced players....

I remeber when us GAFers had a Battlefield2 clan awhile back...we were constantly mopping it up in matches....much of it attributed to constant communication
ok thanks, i'll be buying a headset today then as well as WOWHAWK:D

nofi

subzero9285 said:
ok thanks, i'll be buying a headset today then as well as WOWHAWK:D

Headsets should really be a requirement for the clans. It's too frustrating otherwise, and I don't think there's keyboard input.

Top Bottom