• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Xater

Alot of GAFu invites just went out! Check it!

I will now go and play on the GAFu server. Come by with your headset pls.

calder

Thrakier said:
If I really dislike Battlefield, but I like Resistance online, will I like Warhawk?
Based on the beta, I'd say 60/40 no you would not like Warhawk. Battlefield really is the closest comparable to the game.

Alex

Thrakier said:
If I really dislike Battlefield, but I like Resistance online, will I like Warhawk?

This is basically Battlefield with a ridiculously good flight portion and Twisted Metal-styled pacing/pickups.

Aleman

Alex said:
This is basically Battlefield with a ridiculously good flight portion and Twisted Metal-styled pacing/pickups.

The flight combat is a lot better than in Battlefield but Battlefield definitely has the edge in ground combat.

Thrakier

So it's one of those respawn game where you are in a team which is really not a team and everyone runs on it's own to a certain place only to get killed and then run there again? nothing special about it?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ok guys I've created a server already (Player, non ranked) for some practicing.

Max players: 20
Team balance is OFF and team switching is ON.
Friendly Fire is OFF (0%)
Map rotation has plenty of Zones, CTF and TDM (doghfighting and not)

Server name: GAFu
Password: usual one (<- not the actual password)

I'll join u later. My PSN ID is Bloody_Marcel, so if you are part of the GAFu clan you can just reach me via the Buddy list instead of seraching for the server in the server list.

EDIT: If unwanted people join we might change the password. To do so our clan leader can send an in-game message to the clan with the chosen password so that only GAFu members know it.

Alex

Aleman said:
The flight combat is a lot better than in Battlefield but Battlefield definitely has the edge in ground combat.

I would agree. I still think the best of the large team multi player shooters though is still Tribes 1 & 2. :p

Warhawk is a lot better than I figured it would be though. It's a pretty worthy competitor through and through. The polished up console-esque dog fighting goes a long way.

On a side note, everything I have purchased in the last month has a giant box. Persona, Bioshock LE, Warhawk. I'm running out of room on my damn shelf now.

cilonen

I'm downloading it now with my EU PSN account ( PSN: cilonen ).

No idea when it'll be done, but I'd be up for getting in on some GAFu action!

Alex

Thrakier said:
Can you always fly in a Warhawk or is it like Battlefield where everyon waits for a Helicopter and only one guy get's in?

There's plenty of everything. There's also an all dog fighting mode that is very fun.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Thrakier said:
Can you always fly in a Warhawk or is it like Battlefield where everyon waits for a Helicopter and only one guy get's in?

Every once in awhile you won't be able to find one, but usually, they're plentiful.

Firewire

Banned
Thrakier said:

Depends on the type of match your in. There are servers that are Dog Fights only, but you have DM, TDM, CTF & Zone matches as well, in those there are Warhawks scattered about, so you can choose to stay on the ground or take up the fight in the air.

Greg

Thrakier said:
That's the one thing that never bothered me about this game - there are usually so many points on the map where Warhawks spawn, you never really have a hard time finding some sort of transportation unless you purposely spawn yourself in a bare area. Depending on the type of game you are playing, you might run into problems finding a Warhawk off the bat when everyone spawns in at the same place, but there is always some form of transportation open that can get you to where you need to be (or get you to the location of another Warhawk faster).

OK, the world took a big dump on me today. A drain pipe busted in the apartment above mine and I now have three holes in my wall with what appears to be shit oozing out of them. I am not joking. The repair guys are here but it is going to take them a while to repair it and they have to spray for drain flies because of the poo. They are currently covering everything in drop cloth and I have to take my cats and leave my place for a while. I'm not sure what time I'll be back but I'll try sending out GAFe invites again as soon as it is safe to walk back in here again.

I see Safe Bet is having the same problem regarding invites, I hope Incog patches this shit quickly.

Greg said:
That's the one thing that never bothered me about this game - there are usually so many points on the map where Warhawks spawn, you never really have a hard time finding some sort of transportation unless you purposely spawn yourself in a bare area. Depending on the type of game you are playing, you might run into problems finding a Warhawk off the bat when everyone spawns in at the same place, but there is always some form of transportation open that can get you to where you need to be (or get you to the location of another Warhawk faster).

I once spent 10 minutes chasing Warhawk's. Every time I got close somebody beat me to it. I have to admit, it was pretty funny.

Question. If I rent Warhawk now, how will that work if I decide to buy it on PSN later on? Does it keep my game stats and such? Meaning, is this stuff tied to my Playstation id, or to a specific save file?

Firewire

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
OK, the world took a big dump on me today. A drain pipe busted in the apartment above mine and I now have three holes in my wall with what appears to be shit oozing out of them. I am not joking. The repair guys are here but it is going to take them a while to repair it and they have to spray for drain flies because of the poo. They are currently covering everything in drop cloth and I have to take my cats and leave my place for a while. I'm not sure what time I'll be back but I'll try sending out GAFe invites again as soon as it is safe to walk back in here again.

I see Safe Bet is having the same problem regarding invites, I hope Incog patches this shit quickly.

Sorry to hear that. Hope your place gets fixed up soon.

Greg

AltogetherAndrews said:
Question. If I rent Warhawk now, how will that work if I decide to buy it on PSN later on? Does it keep my game stats and such? Meaning, is this stuff tied to my Playstation id, or to a specific save file?
All the stats are through the server, so you'd be fine. At the most, you'd have to delete your save file that the BD version created before you downloaded the PSN version - either way, your stats will be fine.

Madman

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I have heard that you can take out the disk of Warhawk after booting it and use it on a second Playstation while keeping the first one running. Has anyone tried this? Is this the "LAN with 1" disk that Incognito was refering to?

Greg said:
All the stats are through the server, so you'd be fine. At the most, you'd have to delete your save file that the BD version created before you downloaded the PSN version - either way, your stats will be fine.

Cool, I guess I'll rent the bugger then. Thanks.

Madman

Merovingian said:
So just a question, why can't i buy warhawk with a Subaccount?
I never heard you couldn't buy it on a sub account, just that you can't play it on any other account except that one you buy it on. If that's true, I do not know.

Madman said:
I never heard you couldn't buy it on a sub account, just that you can't play it on any other account except that one you buy it on. If that's true, I do not know.

I have a SubAccount.

I already bought the game on the Master Account, since i can't play the game on a subaccount, then i want to purchase the game on the sub account. I would like to know why the hell Sony doesn't allow it.

UnholySpectacle said:

OK that sounds horrible. Poor kitties.

Madman

Merovingian said:
I have a SubAccount.

I already bought the game on the Master Account, since i can't play the game on a subaccount, then i want to purchase the game on the sub account. I would like to know why the hell Sony doesn't allow it.
I have no clue. That seems to make no sense. I guess you could try messaging TheGoatAss on the PSN or try the blog.

Madman said:
I have no clue. That seems to make no sense. I guess you could try messaging TheGoatAss on the PSN or try the blog.

I've read up on the issue. So here's the deal, subaccounts don't even have the option to buy it, only master Accounts can play warhawk period. Sub Accounts are basically banned.

I gotta that's pretty stupid. So i have to make another master account. Man this is very badly organized stuff by Sony.

Madman

DoctorWho said:
Shit, I suck at dogfighting.. even with all the tips.
I would say to start with pro controls off, use homing missles in combination with the machine guns, and don't bother trying to dodge missles. Just try to get 1-2 kills per death and more importantly, have fun.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Merovingian said:
I have a SubAccount.

I thought the Sub account was linked to the main account, and you can distribute money from the main account to the sub account's wallets.

TONX said:
I thought the Sub account was linked to the main account, and you can distribute money from the main account to the sub account's wallets.

You can, but you go to the PSN store with the subbacount and warhawk isn't buyable for you. Yeah, sub accounts are banned period.

Fuck sake, just got home from work and bought Warhawk straight away, and my download is fucking crawling, 1% after 20 minutes.

Anyway, how do I join the Euro Clan once I get this shit started?

Dante

Merovingian said:
You can, but you go to the PSN store with the subbacount and warhawk isn't buyable for you. Yeah, sub accounts are banned period.

Did you check your download list maybe it's in there?

Madman

number1jagsfan said:
Fuck sake, just got home from work and bought Warhawk straight away, and my download is fucking crawling, 1% after 20 minutes.
Try pausing and unpausing your download. Usually it helps if you try it one or more times.

Dante said:
Did you check your download list maybe it's in there?

Ok, he's already downloading it, apparently he could do it through the transactions thing, look i'm sorry, but it's not even my ps3, i'm getting info from msn, and he wanted help :lol

Tks anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding

I gotta leave anyway

Ok, I don't know how this works but here we go.

I downloaded the game from the Australian PSN.
I have played a few rounds of this awesome game and I want in a GAF clan.
My PSN id is nirvana_shell
Which GAF clan caters for Aussies?
Should I send someone a request to add a friend? if so who?

I am new to GAF and new to Warhawk so take it easy on me :lol
I can't wait to play against/with you guys online!

The Badlands CTF/Zones FTW
BTW I am only a Chief Sargeant :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Do you want me to turn this server I'm running into a Ranked one?

Actually I'll do it as soon as this match ends

Ceb

Wow, the game is a blast to play. I had to tear myself away from it. I'm so sorry for retardedly trying to TK someone (was it Goncalo?). I totally forgot what team I was on for a moment - the absurd HP of my "enemy" only slightly puzzled me. =/

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Are there a lot of people playing? I don't wanna get the game to find out that not many people will play online in the end?

Top Bottom