• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Steroyd

Raist said:
Thanks TTP for the serv =)

Seems like voice chat was completely screwed for me... was it working for you guys ?

Voice chat made every sound like Stephen Hawkins :/

Dunno if people could hear me talking to myself and telling my sister off though, she can be annoying all the time.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
dlobro1080 said:
Question from someone deciding between a 360 and a PS3: Is Warhawk good enough to add to my list of reasons for wanting a PS3? And do you think it's better than the (generally positive) reviews it's been getting? Kind of boring questions, I know, but I'm curious what you guys think. Thanks.
Unequivocally, it's a reason to want a PS3. Most reviews are now coming in at 8.5-9 range and I think that's generally fair for the game, but not necessarily indicative of how much unadulterated, off-the-scale fun you can have with the game.

Aleman

A guy on ps3forums came up with a great idea... assign chaff to R3. Right now it's too hard (IMO) to use while evading if playing with analog since you need to move your thumb off the left stick. That extra split second makes a big difference.

Firewire

Banned
Aleman said:
A guy on ps3forums came up with a great idea... assign chaff to R3. Right now it's too hard (IMO) to use while evading if playing with analog since you need to move your thumb off the left stick. That extra split second makes a big difference.

Thats actually a great idea!

Roxas

Xater said:
That may have been me. :lol

I tried to capture the flag several times with the tank ;)

My heroic dash back to base was epic...half way on foot, half way in the jeep. Someone from my team jumped on the back, someone else in a warhawk took down 2 other planes, made it back to base with the blue flag with about 20 seconds to go :D

Bravo to the red team

methane47

Aleman said:

HOLY CRAP!!!... BRILLIANT!!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
cilonen said:
So I get kicked even though I'm right here in the thread? Nice.

lol
join again
I didnt ban you, just kicked ;)

Is there anyone else who doesnt have the GAFu tag?

Ceb

Aleman said:

Yeah, sometimes the button combinations become a bit too much, even for a hardcore player.

Switch to hover, descend, jump out, run and get flag, hop back into Warhawk, ascend, switch back to flight... SHIT, under attack... flare, afterburner, airbrake slide... ungh.

OTOH, it's nice that you have that much control over everything.

ex0du5 said:
While it might not be as polished as Halo 3 (or CoD4, which is coming to the PS3 anyways), it's a heck of a lot of fun. It's cheap, bundled with a good headset. No reason not to get this game if you're getting a PS3.

It shouldn't be the primary reason you're getting a PS3, as Halo 3 might be the better online shooter (though I personally don't care for Halo). There are a lot of other reasons to want a PS3 though, so I can only recommend it. Heavenly Sword (rental at least), Ratchet, Uncharted, Guitar Hero 3 & Rock Band (both which are multiplatform), CoD4 (multiplatform as well), HL2 Orange Box (multiplatform), Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, White Knight Story.

Do it!

Man, KZ2, MGS4 and (why don't they announce it already!) God of War 3 are reason enough for me to get one. The only thing is that all my gamer friends have and recommend a 360. But I dunno, I just think the future is brighter for the PS3...and Warhawk sounds pretty awesome from reading some of these posts. Thanks.

methane47

Ceb said:
Yeah, sometimes the button combinations become a bit too much, even for a hardcore player.

Switch to hover, descend, jump out, run and get flag, hop back into Warhawk, ascend, switch back to flight... SHIT, under attack... flare, afterburner, airbrake slide... ungh.

You can get into warhawks with the Flag>?!?!?!

Greg

dionysus said:
Who are some good people to add to my friends list from east, north, and euro. I was planning on just going through and seeing who posted the most in this thread from those clans, but we all know that the most furious posters aren't always the biggest gamers!
Don't add me - I'm known for barely playing games. :lol

cilonen

Bebpo said:
TTP, I couldn't find your server so I just played on some random ones :(

Bebpo - even though I bought it with an EU account; my PS3 is US, so I had to set the server list to see servers from all regions before i found the GAFu server.

Steroyd

Ceb said:

Warhawks are a bitch.

Hover attack person on ground SHIT I'M GETTING LOCKED BAILOUT DEAD.

I felt like I was tormenting TTP in a couple of matches, although damn you kept pwning me in the turrets.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
FUck this. I created a GAFuOnly server so I can BAN people without feeling bad.

They keep coming... man what a bunch of annoying kids :p

I guess that you can't make private dedicated servs ?

We could as well make it non ranked, let's just have some GAFu FUN :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:
Warhawks are a bitch.

Hover attack person on ground SHIT I'M GETTING LOCKED BAILOUT DEAD.

I felt like I was tormenting TTP in a couple of matches, although damn you kept pwning me in the turrets.

LOL indeed. You're good.

Firewire

Banned
TTP said:
FUck this. I created a GAFuOnly server so I can BAN people without feeling bad.

You created the server, ban away! fuck all those that aren't supposed to be in it, unless they ask you nicely and send some cash by paypal!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
They keep coming... man what a bunch of annoying kids :p

I guess that you can't make private dedicated servs ?

No :(

We could as well make it non ranked, let's just have some GAFu FUN :D

You sure?
You dont want to rank up?
Damn fuck you Incognito for not adding a party system!

Raist

Banned
Steroyd said:
Voice chat made every sound like Stephen Hawkins :/

Dunno if people could hear me talking to myself and telling my sister off though, she can be annoying all the time.

I almsot NEVER heard anyone, and when it worked sound was terrible. Was fine on SCEE servers tho. I guess TTP's BW wasn't enough. TTP upgrade your line please :p

Also, just checked and I can host 12 players, not that bad

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
I almsot NEVER heard anyone, and when it worked sound was terrible. Was fine on SCEE servers tho. I guess TTP's BW wasn't enough. TTP upgrade your line please :p

I could hear other people fine.

Xater

Raist said:

Better than me I can host like 6. :lol

I quit playing somwhow Warhawk is fucked for me atm. I lost a rank, I can't access the clan I dunno.

Uncle AJ

Wait, you can map Chaff to R3? The only options for changing controls I've seen are inverting the axes on the sticks. I'd REALLY like to switch the "push to talk" button to O instead of L3, then map crouch to R3.

Firewire

Banned
Mo the Hawk said:
Wait, you can map Chaff to R3? The only options for changing controls I've seen are inverting the axes on the sticks. I'd REALLY like to switch the "push to talk" button to O instead of L3, then map crouch to R3.

Incognito would have to do it, or make a patch that would allow you to map certain buttons.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
damn now even gaffers are leaving. Only two people in. Fuck this. Go play some random games bitches.

Gotta download Super Puzzle Fighter sorry :p

Xater

@TTP: I don't know your schedule. Is it possible that we do another GAFu private session some time on the weekend? Then we should have all the people together in the clan that bought the game online. At least tht's what I hope...

Edit: Doens't make sense to create a ranked server. We should just meet regularly on privat ones. It's dumb that you can not put a password on them.

cilonen

Those first couple of games with you guys were great! Cheers for hosting TTP, shame we couldn;t get our own thing going there.

Bebpo

Banned
Can you crush people with a warhawk? I don't think you can, but it'd be nice to just hover down and squish some dude under you firing at you.

S. L.

Mo the Hawk said:
wah, is there any shortcut button combo for chaff?

S. L.

Bebpo said:
Can you crush people with a warhawk? I don't think you can, but it'd be nice to just hover down and squish some dude under you firing at you.
you can, i crushed somebody once

Bebpo said:

I've been killed on foot lots of times by almost dead warhawks doing kamikaze runs at me.
Isn't that enough :lol

methane47

Bebpo said:

I believe so yes.. The game has a physics collision system it seems.. so if you hit anything too hard you get hurt...

Bebpo

Banned
Also my stats don't always seem to save. I played on a Sony server and finished a map and got some medals but then my profile says I have no medals :(

Top Bottom