• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Firewire

Banned
msdstc said:
Are there a lot of people playing? I don't wanna get the game to find out that not many people will play online in the end?

Last night before Europe went live there were 1079 active servers. That should tell you something!

Madman

msdstc said:
Are there a lot of people playing? I don't wanna get the game to find out that not many people will play online in the end?
There are tons of people. About 1000 player hosted servers last I checked.

msdstc said:

There are about 750 active servers right now - including both Sony and player servers. I can see people playing this game for a long, long time.

Xater

Ok the Euro server is now being restarted and will be a ranked server after that.

Name GAFu
Password: you know the drill don't you?

I will try to add some more people to the clan then I will join you guys again.

cilonen

Xater, count me in dude, that rocked - my first game so I didn't really know what was going on at first, but it's easy to pick up, nice.

PSN: cilonen

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ok guys I've created a DEDICATED RANKED SERVER.

Max players: 20
Team balance is ON and team switching is ON.
Friendly Fire in ON (100%)
Map rotation has plenty of Zones, CTF and TDM (doghfighting and not)

Server name: GAFu
Password: sadly, ranked games cannot be passworded :( Try to join en masse so that there is no room for other people

Let me know if you prefer an unranked but passworded one.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
S. L. said:
how do i kill warhawks? lol
is there some trick to it, i fly and fly and shoot and shoot but barely kill anything
tried using a missile?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Actually I can BAN people. Should I BAN non-GAFu players?

If so, someone tell me the names of those to ban.

Madman

number1jagsfan said:
Tried a few times, no help. 15% after about an hour, this is shit.
I look at how many MBs per second I'm getting, pause it, unpause it, and compare. Speeds usually increase. Sorry I can't be of more help.

dionysus

Yaldog
S. L. said:
is there some trick to it, i fly and fly and shoot and shoot but barely kill anything

With swarm missiles, lock onto them and charge up 2-3 missiles. Replenish missiles when you are out, also take the time to pick up the good weapon powerups like homing missiles.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Madman said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I have heard that you can take out the disk of Warhawk after booting it and use it on a second Playstation while keeping the first one running. Has anyone tried this? Is this the "LAN with 1" disk that Incognito was refering to?

ahhh okay (after seeing your new post)

This makes sense, I will have to try this today.

Really loving the game, but I swear, is everyone home schooled? Tired of hearing kids yelling OWNED or I GOT OWNED all day. Gets really old after a while, and I'm forced to ignore everyone, lol.

WasabiKing said:
Really loving the game, but I swear, is everyone home schooled? Tired of hearing kids yelling OWNED or I GOT OWNED all day. Gets really old after a while, and I'm forced to ignore everyone, lol.

OWNED!

Sorry...

Firewire

Banned
S. L. said:

Always hold L1 down, zero in on the target, wait for the aiming box to go red then release L1.
For Homing missiles a second red box appears and when the target is in range and your zeroed in it will shrink small onto the target & that point release L1.

Also use your guns R1, they do work as well.

Greg

WasabiKing said:
Take the headset off and enjoy the silence - I don't use a headset anymore unless I'm playing with someone I know.

For whatever reason, I don't think of Warhawk as a team game. :lol

icechai

it takes usually more than 1 missile unless you are using the purple warhead thing. Usually 6 Swarm missiles or 1.25 homing missiles (homing + a swarm, or homing and a lot of machine gunning). Of course chances are the enemy will have taken some damage already so that's when the 1 homing will get them :) Also its kind of cool if you manage to land a lightning shot on them. Air mines really help as well if you are being chased.

WasabiKing said:

Not only that, but even the game tells you when you're getting pwned.. and that's even how the game spells it!

Question from someone deciding between a 360 and a PS3: Is Warhawk good enough to add to my list of reasons for wanting a PS3? And do you think it's better than the (generally positive) reviews it's been getting? Kind of boring questions, I know, but I'm curious what you guys think. Thanks.

Firewire

Banned
WasabiKing said:

There was some serious smack talk going on last night in 1 of the Dog Fighting servers, it quickly escalated to homophopic & racial taunts between players.

It so useless though, you only talk to players on your own team so its kinda pointless accept in the lobby I guess. Good thing though allot of people were telling the idiots to shut up.

besada

Banned
Thrakier said:
nothing special about it?

Yes, that's what the hundreds of previous posts saying it's the best game out on the PS3 and the high reviews are saying -- that it's nothing special. Congratulations on your reading ability.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Server is almost full, but just 3 people are from GAF. WHAT SHOULD I DO? Do u want me to make some room by banning people?

GAF RESPOND! :lol

Raist

Banned
Thanks TTP for the serv =)

Seems like voice chat was completely screwed for me... was it working for you guys ?

Last game was awesome; I got a very nice K/D ratio while defending, too bad it wasn't ranked :p

Can't remember who came by our camp with a tank on last part of the game, but that was pretty mean :(

edit : just ban their ass :p

I thought you were just quitting, I'll come back if there is room :)

Xater

TTP said:
Server is almost full, but just 3 people are from GAF. WHAT SHOULD I DO? Do u want me to make some room by banning people?

GAF RESPOND! :lol

Can you create a dedicated one with password but without rank? It's kinda dumb that now everyone can get in isn't it?

besada

Banned
msdstc said:

1000+ servers with 6-32 people each on the second day of release. No idea if it will continue, but today there are plenty of people with which to play.

Firewire said:
Good thing though allot of people were telling the idiots to shut up.
Yeah, I guess, but it just adds more clutter to the channels. I hate when groups are just yelling all day, like I give a shit if you got killed, I can see it!

I'm about 85% of the way back to fighting form, look out kids, SKS is ready.

Xater

Raist said:
Can't remember who came by our camp with a tank on last part of the game, but that was pretty mean :(

That may have been me. :lol

I tried to capture the flag several times with the tank ;)

ex0du5

Banned
dlobro1080 said:
Question from someone deciding between a 360 and a PS3: Is Warhawk good enough to add to my list of reasons for wanting a PS3? And do you think it's better than the (generally positive) reviews it's been getting? Kind of boring questions, I know, but I'm curious what you guys think. Thanks.

While it might not be as polished as Halo 3 (or CoD4, which is coming to the PS3 anyways), it's a heck of a lot of fun. It's cheap, bundled with a good headset. No reason not to get this game if you're getting a PS3.

It shouldn't be the primary reason you're getting a PS3, as Halo 3 might be the better online shooter (though I personally don't care for Halo). There are a lot of other reasons to want a PS3 though, so I can only recommend it. Heavenly Sword (rental at least), Ratchet, Uncharted, Guitar Hero 3 & Rock Band (both which are multiplatform), CoD4 (multiplatform as well), HL2 Orange Box (multiplatform), Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, White Knight Story.

Do it!

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
WasabiKing said:
Yeah, I guess, but it just adds more clutter to the channels. I hate when groups are just yelling all day, like I give a shit if you got killed, I can see it!

atleast you get people chatting about games, I really wish games I was in would atleast have some chatter but more importantly chatter about the game at hand.

besada

Banned
WasabiKing said:

You should just quit getting owned so much.

dionysus

Yaldog
WasabiKing said:

This should get better as more and more gaffers get in the clans, then you can play with people who aren't morons most of the time. (I hope at least, I have never playe games with Gaffers before wowhawk.)

Who are some good people to add to my friends list from east, north, and euro. I was planning on just going through and seeing who posted the most in this thread from those clans, but we all know that the most furious posters aren't always the biggest gamers!

The Jer

Thrakier said:
If I really dislike Battlefield, but I like Resistance online, will I like Warhawk?

I really disliked Battlefield myself. However, I like the idea of battlefield-type games, I just didn't like battlefield itself for some reason. Anyways, I couldn't get into battlefield from the start.

I've only played a few games of Warhawk at this point. But, I love it so far! I think I'm really, really going to like it for a long time. Love what I've played so far.

Also, I LOVE resistance. But, this game is not at all like resistance; so that's not a good way to measure it.

Ceb

Xater said:
That may have been me. :lol

I tried to capture the flag several times with the tank ;)

The tank is great for base intrusion, not so much for escaping with the flag though. :lol

TTP, if you are running a GAF server can I get an invite at some point? No need to rush now because it's almost 5am in Brisbane and I'm all warhawked out, but for future games?

PSN id: nirvana_shell

Cheers

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Xater said:
Can you create a dedicated one with password but without rank? It's kinda dumb that now everyone can get in isn't it?

Dunno. Dont u guys want to rank up a bit? I can BAN to let only gaffers in.

But you have to join quickly. Cant spend the whole night banning people :D

Firewire

Banned
WasabiKing said:

I know the clutter in some matches is just insane, the guys who scream out laughing for some odd reason are complete idiots.

I think something like breaking teams up into squads of 4 or something would be good. If you can only hear the other 3 in your squad it would be reasonable.

PS: Does anyone know how to mute or ignore players in game?

Top Bottom