• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

ChryZ

Sorry, I had to bail for food and it was already over when I returned :(

Thanks for serving TTP. Good games! It was kinda cool, how we constantly bumped into each other in areas of interest ... excellent team work :D

Bebpo said:
Also my stats don't always seem to save. I played on a Sony server and finished a map and got some medals but then my profile says I have no medals :(

That's happened to me, but I reloaded my profile and the stats were there.

methane47

Bebpo said:
Also my stats don't always seem to save. I played on a Sony server and finished a map and got some medals but then my profile says I have no medals :(

it takes some time for the stats to update... give it an hour or two

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TTP said:
Dunno. Dont u guys want to rank up a bit? I can BAN to let only gaffers in.

But you have to join quickly. Cant spend the whole night banning people :D

You can.

There's:
Player (host allowed to play)
Dedicated (host not allowed to played)
Dedicated Ranked (host not allowed to play)

Player and Dedicated can be passworded.

burnfout

That was an awesome game tonight, I had an awesome suicide/crash with Steroyd, was laughing my ass off..

Voice chat is a bit weird, I could only hear Bloody Marcel I think..

You guys still playing?

Safe Bet

Banned
How in the hell am I suppose to keep up with this thead?

;)

ATTENTION GAFw

Ok..

I disbanded and reformed once again and sent out as many invites as it would allow me.

I'm a little busy today but I should be back around 5:00 PM CST.

Safe Bet

ndiicm

Aleman said:
A guy on ps3forums came up with a great idea... assign chaff to R3. Right now it's too hard (IMO) to use while evading if playing with analog since you need to move your thumb off the left stick. That extra split second makes a big difference.

Is it even possible to re-assign buttons. The most it will let me do is switch Lstick and Rstick wich i do to fly by the way.

Xater

burnfout said:
That was an awesome game tonight, I had an awesome suicide/crash with Steroyd, was laughing my ass off..

Voice chat is a bit weird, I could only hear Bloody Marcel I think..

You guys still playing?

I may play some more later tonight.

Jim

Bebpo said:

Whatever you do, do NOT frequently check your profile to see if it's been updated. There seems to be an issue where if you DO request your profile, and it either times out or can't retrieve the data, that the game thinks you never played a ranked game and demotes you.

Several times doing that blew away all my rankings, and rolled back nearly everything I've earned... and I've never gotten them back (this was pre-server reset this morning).

Okay, extremely LTTP for clan membership

GAF - PSN - TIMEZONE - Specific Location
$1148 Jack - nirvana_shell - GMT +10!!! - Brisbane, Australia

So I'm guessing GAFu?
Plus I have a decent connection so no worries there.

Firewire

Banned
Jim said:
Whatever you do, do NOT frequently check your profile to see if it's been updated. There seems to be an issue where if you DO request your profile, and it either times out or can't retrieve the data, that the game thinks you never played a ranked game and demotes you.

Several times doing that blew away all my rankings, and rolled back nearly everything I've earned... and I've never gotten them back (this was pre-server reset this morning).

Oh man good way for me to get rid off all those suicides I got last night! j/k :lol

Jim said:

Well certainly disregard my post then!

Edit: no sarcasm.

Aleman said:
A guy on ps3forums came up with a great idea... assign chaff to R3. Right now it's too hard (IMO) to use while evading if playing with analog since you need to move your thumb off the left stick. That extra split second makes a big difference.

Not sure that would be such a good idea. I kinda like that you have to frantically select chaff in the middle of a dog fight. Something that can completely save your ass should be a little difficult to pull off in the heat of the moment.

methane47

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Not sure that would be such a good idea. I kinda like that you have to frantically select chaff in the middle of a dog fight. Something that can completely save your ass should be a little difficult to pull off in the heat of the moment.

It really does get my blood pumping.. when I'm on a timelimit to pull the chaff off!

Jim

$1148 Jack said:
Well certainly disregard my post then!

Edit: no sarcasm.

Well it doesn't seem to be happening to everyone. This has been my experience for the past 3 days, up to 1:30am this morning. That server restart better have solved the issue.

besada

Banned
Bebpo said:
Can you crush people with a warhawk? I don't think you can, but it'd be nice to just hover down and squish some dude under you firing at you.

You must have missed my earlier post. I either got crushed by a warhawk that bounced down and then shot back up, or someone had some very precise missile skills because I looked up, saw a descending Warhawk, it hit the ground where I was standing, and I was dead.

Master Z

If there are any slots left in GAFn please invite my friend PSN:TRICKYDANTE. Thanks. I'll be online tonight after 11pm to join the clan.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I can pull off chaff pretty quickly at this point. The extra split second it takes is obviously balanced against the fact that it has a higher probability as a missile deterrent than trying to just shake the missiles through aerial acrobatics.

Firewire said:
PS: Does anyone know how to mute or ignore players in game?
press start, move to sound, select volume control, and I think triangle mutes all. The problem is, when your clan members join the server, by default, they are muted.

methane47

Speevy said:
Yeah it's not saving my matches either. No matter what I do, it says I've played only 7 matches.

are you sure you're playing ranked matches?

You can tell the difference by the symbol on the left hand side of the server name..
If it has a little red line through it ... its not ranked..

Steroyd

Oh so that's why it told me I only played 2 ranked matches.

I was in a CTF before and I hate it when they camp in their own base when they get the flag so I found out the cluster bomb is eff ective for these situations but it's hella hard staying next to the flag waiting for it to disappear very very tense situations.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
angelcage87 said:
Can i join the clan too?

psn ID angelcage-gtm+1(so GAFu)-Italy,i'm online right now :D

Please check the roster before asking for invites if you've already posted a request.

Your #9 in GAFu. Invite was apparently sent today.

Firewire

Banned
WasabiKing said:
press start, move to sound, select volume control, and I think triangle mutes all. The problem is, when your clan members join the server, by default, they are muted.

Thanks allot!

So clan members are muted automatically! Thats weird. Nice to know though.

Greg

Jim said:
Well it doesn't seem to be happening to everyone. This has been my experience for the past 3 days, up to 1:30am this morning. That server restart better have solved the issue.
Yeah, none of my stats from Tuesday saved (the day I played the most), and the only rooms I played in were the Sony dedicated ones.

...same thing happened for Resistance, but it never kept my stats for the first 3 weeks after launch - one of the reasons I got burnt out on Resistance so quick yet my stats look like I barely played.

JdFoX187

Banned
besada said:
You must have missed my earlier post. I either got crushed by a warhawk that bounced down and then shot back up, or someone had some very precise missile skills because I looked up, saw a descending Warhawk, it hit the ground where I was standing, and I was dead.
:lol :lol

I wish there was saved game replays because I would have loved to see that

besada said:

Did you have the flag at the time. I think I accidentally did this to a teammate.

Firewire

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Shit, I thought everyone was using it.

Maybe that is why I'm having so many problems. I have pro turned on and I'm using motion control.

Use the sticks with pro-flight, unless your into the motion controls (which work pretty darn good, but I prefer the sticks, it gives a better feel)

Am I missing something with the barrel rolls? It seems everyone's always rolling way more tightly than I do. Is it just a camera trick? A lot of people just do it at the drop of a hat as well. Is it really that effective?

I'm still getting the hang of the Warhawk's, I still have a tendency to smack into things when trying evasive maneuvers but I think I'm getting the hang of it, slowly. The depth of control is just fantastic. I tried the motion control, I assumed the right stick's functions would be mapped to it (I'm in Pro Flight mode) but instead it was the left stick. It seemed like a rather stupid decision.

I'm loving it though, I have had a few problems connecting to games, plus since I've got a US PS3 that seems to be my default region. Overall the UI doesn't seem as accessible as Resistance but those are just minor quibbles in what is otherwise a fantastic experience.

cilonen

OK, official GAFu join request as I didn't give all info in my posts earlier!

PSN : cilonen

GAF : cilonen

Timezone : GMT

cheers.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
S. L. said:
constantly?
like the blue SCEE servers, they all seems to have 1-3 slots free, but i can't seem to join any of them
Yeah, I think there's something a little fishy there. I've tried refreshing on the SCE servers to watch if the slots actually got filled before I try jumping in. The open slots still display as open yet when I try to join the game, they're full.

Top Bottom