• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Ragnarok10

S. L. said:
constantly?
like the blue SCEE servers, they all seems to have 1-3 slots free, but i can't seem to join any of them
I think the problem is with the server status being realtime. I think MANY of the games that have only 1-3 open slots are in reality completely full but the server status lag keeps you from seeing this fact.

besada

Banned
S. L. said:
constantly?
like the blue SCEE servers, they all seems to have 1-3 slots free, but i can't seem to join any of them

The matchmaking servers have some update speed issues. I tried to join a game with a fellow gaffer, only to find no one was on the server. I can't count the number of times I've tried to hop into 18/24 games the moment they appear, only to get a game full. And, of course, half the servers on the list have ???? for ping times.

Darobga

Hey if anyone from GAFe wants to play a bit with me tonight just message me on PSN: Darobga. I should be on :), we should try and get a group together. Holding steady between rank 15-20 overall!

EDIT: Also I play with sticks/Pro Flight mode

Bulla564

Banned
Damn... yesterday was good, but today I'm sucking big time in the air. I started playing pro-flight, but second day into it, I still can't get a hang of it. Yesterday I was getting kills, but I didn't get shit today.

Is there any option to set the sticks to less sensitivity? I have a hard time aiming because my movements are all over the place. I also don't position my hand to have fingers in all shoulder buttons. Should I?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Warhawk is pretty sweet, but I hate playing with tards! WTB spot on clan gaf, pst. On a separate note, knives are way too strong.

ndiicm

Yes try bypassing your router and see if its your router causing it. Also make sure you're computer isn't downloading anything either.

challen

Xater, TTP, I know you are pissed about not being able to password ranked servers. I'm a bit annoyed as well.

However, from a game design and anticheat perspective, this is a smart thing to do. This means fixed games and rank up games are very difficult to do.

methane47

challen said:
Xater, TTP, I know you are pissed about not being able to password ranked servers. I'm a bit annoyed as well.

However, from a game design and anticheat perspective, this is a smart thing to do. This means fixed games and rank up games are very difficult to do.

I used to hate to see that in Socom 2.. A locked match with 2 people in it that goes on for hours and hours.. when the person comes up they are 1000 points richer.. that is such bull its crazy.

Firewire

Banned
belvedere said:
So is GAFe still getting together tonight or what?

UnholySpectacle had major problems getting all the invites out last night, its still not done. Plus his apartment has problems with sewage from the apartment above his. Everything is up in the air, give it time, the poor guy hasn't even been able to play a game yet.

The Jer

DoctorWho said:
I'm kind of curious now. Who is using motion control and who isn't?

I'm not using motion control and I'm not using pro either.

I've non-inverted all the controls except flight.

I've been switching beetween inverted and non-inverted with the L and R sticks switched.
There is a very natural transition between hover and flight with the latter. However, the former feels better for flight.

I don't know what I want to stick with, yet.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Firewire said:
UnholySpectacle had major problems getting all the invites out last night, its still not done. Plus his apartment has problems with sewage from the apartment above his. Everything is up in the air, give it time, the poor guy hasn't even been able to play a game yet.

Oh hell, poor guy. I knew he was having invite issues but I had no clue about the fecals.

Again, poor guy.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jesus chirst I have to force myself to stop playing this. I could go on for days without eating/sleeping. So much fun. Every mode is awesome but I'm surprised at how incredibly smooth and fun the dogfight only TDM are. It's like being in an action movie on drugs. At some point I said "WOW" and "HOLY SHIT" simultaneously and almost killed myself in the process.

Xater, yeah, no prob for the weekend. Unranked passworded.

Steroyd

I've been playing for 5 hours straight I'm nearly dead calling it a night.

It only needs a party system to be perfect I'll moan on the PS Blog tomorrow if I remember.

Firewire

Banned
TTP said:
Jesus chirst I have to force myself to stop playing this. I could go on for days without eating/sleeping. So much fun. Every mode is awesome but I'm surprised at how incredibly smooth and fun the dogfight only TDM are. It's like being in an action movie on drugs. At some point I said "WOW" and "HOLY SHIT" simultaneously and almost killed myself in the process.

Yeah, I feel the same way! I played about 7.5 hrs yesterday, I've never played so much of an online game in one day as I did yesterday! I'm hooked on the Dog Fights they are so intense & visually fantastic to behold.

FightyF

Banned
Heh, a one hour session turned into 4 easily last night.

Some guys have logged over 25 hours into the game as of this morning! :O

cilonen

Hahah, I took out a warhawk with a sniper rifle, he was just hovering there and three or four shots from me from miles out - bam - fantastic.

This game is awesome!

spwolf

TTP said:

40$ for dogfight mode alone :)

nofi

TTP said:

Fun games, although no-one was speaking.

Apologies for murdering you with the Warhawk - those guns are awfully inaccurate! ;)

number1jagsfan said:
Right fuck I have another question. The left hand side of the screen is cut off a bit, can't read all the text, how do I fix that?

Oh, a Thistle fan. =) There's video options mate, you can move all screen edges in and out.

spwolf

test_account said:
One thing i'm wondering about, when you play 2 or more players online on the same console, do you use multiply accounts?

they add number to your online id... like spwolf (1), spwolf (2)

dionysus

Yaldog
TTP said:

Try CTF, there is alot of "O shit did that stuff just happen!" moments. For example, 4 warhawks are in hover mode following a fully loaded jeep with the flag carrier driving. Out of nowhere, an enemy warhawk will full afterburners on suicides the jeep killing all three including the carrier. So cinematic, I felt like shedding a tear for the heroic sacrifice of the pilot to stop the flag carrier.

J-Rzez

number1jagsfan said:
Right fuck I have another question. The left hand side of the screen is cut off a bit, can't read all the text, how do I fix that?

There's an "overscan" correction in the video options to fix this, every fucking game should have this... and omg, 7.1audio! This game sounds just as fantastic as it plays...

nofi said:
Fun games, although no-one was speaking.

Apologies for murdering you with the Warhawk - those guns are awfully inaccurate! ;)

Oh, a Thistle fan. =) There's video options mate, you can move all screen edges in and out.

Yeah cheers got it sorted.

Are you guys still playing?

Alright I'm back. Holes in the wall are patched up and most of the flies are dead. Damn today sucked.

I'm going to see if I can send out the last of the GAFe invites now.

Firewire

Banned
number1jagsfan said:

In the options menu, under display they have scroll bars for left/right & top/bottom, moving the bar up for left will bring in the left side. But check all 4 sides you want them to be evened out on the screen.

Top Bottom