• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

LJ11

UnholySpectacle said:
Alright I'm back. Holes in the wall are patched up and most of the flies are dead. Damn today sucked.

I'm going to see if I can send out the last of the GAFe invites now.

Just got the game, I'll be on in a few.

Firewire

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
Alright I'm back. Holes in the wall are patched up and most of the flies are dead. Damn today sucked.

Glad to hear they got everything fixed!

UnholySpectacle said:
Game still wont let me send out invites. I already disbanded once and it just did the same thing. INCOG PATCH THIS NOW.

You weren't able to hand over leadership to someone else to see if they could continue?

Ceb

TTP said:
Jesus chirst I have to force myself to stop playing this. I could go on for days without eating/sleeping. So much fun. Every mode is awesome but I'm surprised at how incredibly smooth and fun the dogfight only TDM are. It's like being in an action movie on drugs. At some point I said "WOW" and "HOLY SHIT" simultaneously and almost killed myself in the process.

No kidding. I think it was you who praised the sound effects the other day, and I have to agree. When a warhawk swoops past you it's a total "whoa" moment.

SCE needs to add more Zones servers though! It's my favorite mode, and the servers are always full. :(

Raist

Banned
Some people would like to have some unranked matches ?

I can set up a 12 players server, I'd like to test it to see how it runs.

Server name is euroGAF

Pass is believe2

I've set up a 5 games rotation (TDM/CTF/TDM that should be a dogfight/Zones/DM)

Also, I noticed that the cloudy background while you go through the menus is not running smooth at all for me. wtf ?

spwolf

Ceb said:
SCE needs to add more Zones servers though! It's my favorite mode, and the servers are always full. :(

i think the game sold above expectation, i dont remember BF1942 or Q3A (which I played for years) having 1200+ servers this soon, if ever...

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Whoa, why have i been removed from the GAFe clan?

lright I'm back. Holes in the wall are patched up and most of the flies are dead. Damn today sucked.

edit: oh ok

Grayman

This thread is huge, so did I miss anything in the last 7 pages?

Any talk of a schedule match tonight even tho are clans got screwed up?

btw, i am back in GAFw if there was any concern about too many unaccepted invites as the clan was put back together.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
UnholySpectacle said:
Game still wont let me send out invites. I already disbanded once and it just did the same thing. INCOG PATCH THIS NOW.

Have you posted a thread about it in the official board? Jobe often read and posted in the beta boards and tried to keep us updated on what Incog. was patching/trying to fix in the beta.

Grayman

spwolf said:
i think the game sold above expectation, i dont remember BF1942 or Q3A (which I played for years) having 1200+ servers this soon, if ever...
Q3A has 1600+ servers RIGHT now. THey aren't all played on but there are 1600 servers reporting to the master server.

TTP said:
Jesus chirst I have to force myself to stop playing this. I could go on for days without eating/sleeping. So much fun. Every mode is awesome but I'm surprised at how incredibly smooth and fun the dogfight only TDM are. It's like being in an action movie on drugs. At some point I said "WOW" and "HOLY SHIT" simultaneously and almost killed myself in the process.

Xater, yeah, no prob for the weekend. Unranked passworded.

What's the password? The clan pass doesn't work.

Kweh

Other than Triangle, do the face buttons do anything while in the Warhawk?

Also, again in the Warhawk, i hold down L1 alot to lock on, but is there any way of cancelling the button press? I seemed to work it out by just selecting another weapon, but just wondered if there was a more conveniant way.

Grayman

Kweh said:
Other than Circle, do the face buttons do anything while in the Warhawk?

Also, again in the Warhawk, i hold down L1 alot to lock on, but is there any way of cancelling the button press? I seemed to work it out by just selecting another weapon, but just wondered if there was a more conveniant way.
I use the direction press to cancel my L1s

Triangle puts you into hover mode. I haven't bothered to push the other buttons. It hasn't stopped me from finding the "win" button tho!

Great game but one tiny problem, Every fucking game i have had ended with the host disconnecting.

I've had about 10 games and my stats say i have been playing 45mins and have 26 points, when i have been playing well over 3 hours.

and the 45 mins is when my brother played it when i was at work today.

so im calling it a night, I'll try agian tommorrow night, Hopefully i can finish a game.

Also i love how smooth the game runs, didn't lag at all. Everything is great but the disconnecting.

Kweh

Grayman said:
I use the direction press to cancel my L1s

Triangle puts you into hover mode. I haven't bothered to push the other buttons. It hasn't stopped me from finding the "win" button tho!

Err yea, bugger I put Circle but meant Triangle :p

ndiicm

wow i played like 4 hours straight im dizzy now. It's hard to find a game with team players in it. I always use my headset and stop to offer stranded team mates a ride. not many people play that way though. They don't understand that if you play as a team you'll get alot further especially for games like capture the flag, Many times i land a warhawk in the enemy base and pull out my knife and go on a slashing spree grab the flag but there is no way out. especially when you play on eucadia where you have to pass 4 turrets tanks and brideg to get out of there. Thats my fav map.

Still having problems sending invites for GAFn?

Firewire

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
another PM firewire with the PSN IDs. Once you are logged in I'll transfer the clan to you
Ok got your last PM, I'm logging onto Warhawk in 2 minutes, I guess I should hit the community page?

that was a such a blueballing game.

clock was running out, our team had the flag at our base, I was defending in the flak gun, other teammates were off to kill the other teams guy with our flag, 3 warhawks flying our direction, the game shuts down...

spwolf

DOBERMAN INC said:
Great game but one tiny problem, Every fucking game i have had ended with the host disconnecting.

I've had about 10 games and my stats say i have been playing 45mins and have 26 points, when i have been playing well over 3 hours.

and the 45 mins is when my brother played it when i was at work today.

so im calling it a night, I'll try agian tommorrow night, Hopefully i can finish a game.

Also i love how smooth the game runs, didn't lag at all. Everything is great but the disconnecting.

play on official servers... best bet for ranked.

Kind of crazy, I have 4:35 in, 561 points and yet I am 3,500 in rankings :)

UnholySpectacle said:
I assume, once you log on just look for a message from me about accepting the clan.

Ok I just made you the leader, now you need to go to clan->admin->invite and type in each PSN ID I gave you and see if it lets you send the invites. Some people may not have gotten the game yet and it will say "player does not exist" it will still say "invite sent" if it is succesfull.

spwolf

Grayman said:
Q3A has 1600+ servers RIGHT now. THey aren't all played on but there are 1600 servers reporting to the master server.

any info on BF1942? It would be interesting to see... keep in mind that Wowhawk has been on sale for like 2 days :p. And most of those 1,200 servers are actually full.

Definetly more than I expected for brand new game, thats not fully out in europe either.

Firewire

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
Ok I just made you the leader, now you need to go to clan->admin->invite and type in each PSN ID I gave you and see if it lets you send the invites. Some people may not have gotten the game yet and it will say "player does not exist" it will still say "invite sent" if it is succesfull.

Ok, back on my Mac for a second just to print out the list, I got the leader change.
Question about invites, do I do each one seperate or all together at once?

Just played a couple games, trying to learn the controls, quite a lot to learn. What an awesome game though, would stay up all night playing if it wasn't for work tomorrow.

Anyway would appreciate a Euro clan invite, PSN number1jagsfan. Cheers.

Raist

Banned
Oh well took my serv down :p

To the few people that came by : was it ok for you ?

There was pleo, bugnology, and a few other, don't remember the nicks :p

Steroyd

I played 5 hours straight 6 if you include my 1 hour fine tuning the controls to how I like them.

Damn addictive need to bitch at the blog about a few stuff though it almost defeats the purpose of a clan if you can't organize games as a clan in game messaging for one.

User 406

Banned
Anyone else getting an "authentication server not responding" error when trying to go online? It tries to load the terms and conditions, comes up blank, then gives the error when I try to accept.

besada

Banned
Well, I can't get logged in at all. I push the button for online, it says downloading the EULA, and nothing ever downloads. I eventually press accept anyway and it tells me the authentication server isn't responding, and that I should check my connection. Of course, I can not only see players online, but I can browse with no problem.

Anyone else having the issue, because it sounds like a local auth server is down.

Edit: So it's not just me. Come on, Sony/Incog, I know there are probably more buyers than you'd guessed, but if your game is online only, it behooves you to get this shit nailed down before launch.

Further Edit: People have posted about the issue on the official board, but there's been no response.

Varshes said:
So GAFe seems to be having problems, what's GAFw's status?

Are we up for a GAFw vs GAFn tonight?

At this point we may not have an official skirmish till Saturday. I know Gafw was having troubles as well, though not as bad as me. We can all play tonight still, just not as full clans.

WTFing

Banned
Raist said:
Some people would like to have some unranked matches ?

I can set up a 12 players server, I'd like to test it to see how it runs.

Server name is euroGAF

Pass is believe2

I've set up a 5 games rotation (TDM/CTF/TDM that should be a dogfight/Zones/DM)

Also, I noticed that the cloudy background while you go through the menus is not running smooth at all for me. wtf ?
nice game Raist, it was fun :lol

I'll play some dogfight later, this mode is awesome. The graphics, animation, control, the sound, everything is great in Warhawk! So much fun. If you have a PS3, you must buy wowhawk.

the_id

question: how are we supposed to be playing as a clan? there's no party system like resistance? somehow the community system in Resistance is much better than warhawk's. but great game nontheless...

Top Bottom