• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Firest0rm

Who is the banned player? If someone can pm me the password that begins with c and ends with k I'd greatly appreciate it!!

edit: nvm thnks

Chubs!! What did you dooooooo :lol
Man that was freaking intense and funny at the same time :lol

The score is 1:1

I pick up the flag, and 1 minute left. Grenades, warhawks, Turrets, everything is on my ass! I am circling their base avoiding death, and as soon as i was about to die, i see chubigans in a jeep with a dude in the machine gun make a 180 spin and i sit in the driver seat.

40 seconds left.

Chubs is avoiding all the rocket fires, tanks and warhawks.

20 second left. I have the map stretched out. "Yes! Yes! Almost there". Next thing you know, he drives into danger zone.... :/

Rest is.... hilarity.... and sadness...

CHUBS! WHY!!! YOU TRAITOR!! :lol

I got my PS3 today, but I still have zero games.

What's the consensus on Warhark? I know it's MP only, but I was a huge fun of BF1942, Vietnam, BF2, Enemy Territory, etc., on the PC. It's either Warhawk or something like Resistance

acklame

CastleBravo said:

What's the consensus on Warhark? I know it's MP only, but I was a huge fun of BF1942, Vietnam, BF2, Enemy Territory, etc., on the PC. It's either Warhawk or something like Resistance
get both wowhawk and resistance

methane47

Anyone else notice that the rankings are messed up?

Currently the game shows me as having ~800 points.. and yet they promoted me to a Chief Sergent (which needs 2500 points) :D :D :D

I keep trying to enter GAF_Practice_Zones/..., but the password isn't working. I thought it was the word under the logo at the top of the page here, but if I'm wrong about that, it'd be great if someone could PM it to me. Thanks!

Madman

CastleBravo said:

I would suggest:

Resistance

Motorstorm

PSN games(fl0w, CaC, SSHD, Tekken DR)

Demos

And Warhawk is simply awesome. Few have said anything negative, and it has reviewed very well.

Pimpwerx

Looks like I'll be joining the GAF ranks tonight. I'm waiting for the dload while I suffer through VH1. No headset for a week or two, but I'll be glad to finally get a PS3 game. Motorstorm and Resistance should be mine soon enough. I hope there's room on the East Coast clan, otherwise I'll be waiting for the Southern clan to get up. PEACE.

frogg609

Are GAFfer's still playing? If so what room? And if it's the one with the password, if someone could send me that I'd appreciate it.

I'm totally lost right now, motion controls take a lot of getting used to, people can add me if they want I just got it, also would like to know the password if possible

ID: GitarooMan

garrickk

I just got home and my server is still up - 7 hours and 30 minutes straight so far. Not bad.

It's a dedicated, unranked practice server - 20 people max with 5 Zone maps and 5 CTF maps in order.

Name: GAF_Practice_Zone/CTF
Password: all lower case characters - the name of our best player during the beta (immortalized) who is currently banned. Starts with 'c', ends with a 'k'.

Too many guest lurkers know the old password, but should I have just used it? Should I restart it and make it ranked?

BTW, the server is in Portland, OR, so GAFw people are going to get the best ping times.

freshair

Make sure that in "settings" that "region" is set to ALL.
I had that problem of me not seeing the Gafu server, but a simple setting switch + refresh solved it.

frogg609

I have no idea what the password is for the practice server. If someone could message it to me (I'm on GAFn squad), I'd appreciate it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Linkzg said:
so, do you need to be on ranked servers to unlock stuff?

and how can you tell if your playing a ranked game or not?

Yes. The first icon on the right side of the server list (the trophy) will tell you if it's ranked or not (not ranked= X'ed trophy).

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
shagg_187 said:
Chubs!! What did you dooooooo :lol
Man that was freaking intense and funny at the same time :lol

The score is 1:1

I pick up the flag, and 1 minute left. Grenades, warhawks, Turrets, everything is on my ass! I am circling their base avoiding death, and as soon as i was about to die, i see chubigans in a jeep with a dude in the machine gun make a 180 spin and i sit in the driver seat.

40 seconds left.

Chubs is avoiding all the rocket fires, tanks and warhawks.

20 second left. I have the map stretched out. "Yes! Yes! Almost there". Next thing you know, he drives into danger zone.... :/

Rest is.... hilarity.... and sadness...

CHUBS! WHY!!! YOU TRAITOR!! :lol

That was my friend, and I was so angry at him! Bwahahah!

He felt really bad, and wanted me to say that he was sorry. What a noob that guy is. Lost the game for the red team at a decisive moment. :lol

Greg

Why do I always have the worst luck when it comes to stats actually keeping?

I barely have time to play, so I'd appreciate it actually keeping my stats when I do. :lol

Agent X

Ah, it was good to get some games in with the GAF gang.

Sea Manky had a lot of helpful advice for me at points, especially when he was teamed with me during the Capture the Flag games and I was running around all over the place not knowing where the heck I was going :lol Thanks!

There was one game later on where I had a cool sequence of events. I grabbed the enemy flag, jumped in a 4x4, and one of the enemies (might've been calder) was all over me like a cheap suit in a Warhawk, and whittled my vehicle's health bar down to nearly nothing. I had no choice but to BAIL OUT! :D While running around on foot, I found a trap door in the ground, and descended into a hidden passageway. But then Sea Manky (now on the opposing team) followed me and had me trapped! Somehow I figured I'd toss a grenade to finish him off...sure enough, that did the trick. Some dramatic music started playing during this point, and I quickly found another 4x4 and successfully drove the flag back to the base!

calder

Miguel said:
Good game Manky/Jtrizzy/calder/etc

<--mmolinajr
Cool, I was wondering who mmolinnetc was. :D

Very fun, I enjoyed having Manky on my team as he kept defending our flag, recapping it etc while I was off cruising in the warhawk picking up ammo and basically acting like a tourist. Manky also had great close-in support skills when he was riding shotgun on a flag runner with his 'hawk.

Also a few really entertaining matches just now on the ranked CTF/ZNS server. Thanks for the server Killthee, and thanks all for the close intense combat. :) Evenly matched teams, everyone playing well, that was awesome. Although I do wish *everyone* wasn't very competent, nothing worse than finally getting the drop on someone only to be sniped or homing missiled by their teammate supporting them from afar over and over again. ;)

Oh, I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but I had always intended to - a big thank-you to Killthee, the clan leaders and everyone else in this thread who worked on the spreadsheets and pre-launch planning. In a few weeks I think GAF will be a real force in ranked servers. :D

chubigans said:
That was my friend, and I was so angry at him! Bwahahah!

He felt really bad, and wanted me to say that he was sorry. What a noob that guy is. Lost the game for the red team at a decisive moment. :lol

:lol Makes sense

Tell him that i forgive him... :p

Oh and i bet you were angry at him cause if i'm correct, you were in the blue team! :D

carlos

Thanks to whoever it was sent the invite for gafe :)
Just as I finally got into the gaf ctf/zones server, the ps3 froze up completely :(
I had been playing for a couple of hours, that's it for me tonight, see ya tomorrow...

Foil

Holy shit this game is amazing. I just realised how long I've been playing for tonight on one of the SCEA servers. I saw a guy on the other team with a GAF tag in his name, can't recall who, named started with a c. Anyways, this game is pure gold.

I was in the gunner spot on the jeep while another guy was driving. We were on the one sunset map on a road right next to the gulley and river. All of a sudden a damn warhawk hovers up from nowhere and starts stalking us while were at top speed trying to get the fuck outta there. I managed to take it down with the turret and we were all smiles.... until we turned the next corner right into a damn tank which blew us to bits. Felt like something from a movie.

Also getting a few guys to use their warhawks as bait to lure in enemy warhawks past our cluster of cannons. Ripped them to shreds. Too bad they figured that out and started using one of their hawks as bait to draw the turret fire while the other snuck up and blew us to nothing.

I also take back my comments about the rifle. I can now take down a Warhawk with it in a one on one battle most of the time. I couldn't check my stats or clan invites, server issues I guess. Not sure if GAFn has sent them out yet?

KTallguy

Banned
DMczaf said:
My first PS3 game. I picked up the Blu-Ray version.

After 2 games I have 0 kills :lol I SUCK!

Create a server and just mess around with the controls by yourself, it really helped in the beginning.

DoctorWho said:
Proteus4tw!!

That last game was my best!

You're Proteus?? ?

Man I hate you!! :lol

Great games tonight guys :) See you next time!

Top Bottom