• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

FightyF

Banned
Miguel said:
I wish my mic worked, I can hear you guys just fine, but I try to talk and get no response.

Yeah, me too. Using the one that came with the game...

Sorta gets frustrating when playing team games.

Oh yeah...anyone mind reposting that info on how to clear out mines? Ive just been walking into them to clear them out. :p

DeadCell

Dammit, I missed GAF night again!

Oh well, I'll be on sometime tomorrow night... playing defence... because that's what I do, and I do it well. :D

Jtrizzy

question: I am ranked as "Airman 1st Class" which it says requires 500 points, and I only have 300 or so total points...

are the stats way off or something?

Pachinko

I'm actually quite suprised at just how enjoyable this game is. I'd completly written it off as some mediocre looking battlefield knockoff ... and in a way it is but it's also more fun the battlefeild becuase everyone is attempting to keep to certain areas of gameplay. There's always alot of warhawks flying around but there's also a few people on foot, a couple people in tanks. Battlefield always felt like a mess.

My complaint is the main reason I grabbed this- the headset, doesn't seem to want to work no matter what I do :(

Okay, it seems Jabra just makes the worst direction possible, It's too damn late now for me to try it tonight but apparently you have to hold the power button for 5 seconds to make sure the headset is off THEN press and hold again until the light on the device stays solid. It won't work unless it's solid, the annoying thing is it doesn't really say in the instructions why the device will blink instead... why can't this shit ever be simple, make it like the controller, just plug the damn thing in , instant detect and setup, unplug it for wireless and bam good to go but noooo instead I have to waste 20 minutes of my life searching google for setup tips.

mr stroke

holly shit this game has really suprised me....it was a total blind buy as I was just going to wait for Halo 3, but I think this might be the online game I sink into this year...sooooo good..played a couple of hours tonight with ZERO lag and LOVED it!!!!!
-Driving a jeep with the flag and I have the other team chasing behind me, I call for some help and all of a sudden three warhawks fly above me to take out the chasing warhawk and jeeps-Great fucking experence!!!!!

best PS3 game so far-9/10

Pachinko said:
Okay, it seems Jabra just makes the worst direction possible, It's too damn late now for me to try it tonight but apparently you have to hold the power button for 5 seconds to make sure the headset is off THEN press and hold again until the light on the device stays solid. It won't work unless it's solid, the annoying thing is it doesn't really say in the instructions why the device will blink instead... why can't this shit ever be simple, make it like the controller, just plug the damn thing in , instant detect and setup, unplug it for wireless and bam good to go but noooo instead I have to waste 20 minutes of my life searching google for setup tips.

Works SMOOTH for me. Its clear and simple in the manual.

How to sync:

Goto "Device Settings" (or is it Accessory Settings), and then highlight "Register Bluetooth Device" and BEFORE you click on "Headset", hold the power button for 5 - 10 seconds. (Yes i said 10 cause its not exactly 5). It will be solid blue. Once it is, click on headset, enter passcode 0000 and you're set. Make sure its working by going to "Accessory Settings" and "Audio Devices" or whatever its called.

How to use in game:

Enter a server, and once the round starts, you will see a speaker symbol on the left of your username. If you don't see a speaker symbol on the left of your username then it means the headset is in standby mode. Press and hold the power button until you hear a beep and you will instantaneously see speaker symbol on the left of your username. Press L3 to talk :)

Surfheart

Just got onto the practice server, pretty intense stuff! Loving it.

I feel like a total doofus but, what's the go with the BT headsets? I've got my headset paired to the PS3, but I don't think anyone can hear me and when others speak, I can hear their voices through the TV, rather than through the headset.

Edit: It pays to read the thread :)

Grayman

Defuser said:
I had a blast playing online on GAF server. AshHong seem to dominate everywhere.
I think Ash is listed as my worst enemy on my page. he beat the shit out of me in a warhawk game

Surfheart said:
Just got onto the practice server, pretty intense stuff! Loving it.

I feel like a total doofus but, what's the go with the BT headsets? I've got my headset paired to the PS3, but I don't think anyone can hear me and when others speak, I can hear their voices through the TV, rather than through the headset.

Edit: It pays to read the thread :)

It surrrre does :)

If you are hearing voices though TV, then the headset isn't on. The rest, i think you read it :D

the_id

Nice game tonight guys. on the CTF map on the islands, i went stealth with my warhawk and kept on trying to get the flag from red team. gosh that was tough. finding cluster bombs in the map is quite hard. kept on trying going stealth. i think those guys got annoyed with it.

On the ruined capital map, i was the only one defending that zone and this guy kept on coming trying to retake it. used my stealth skills from resistance and managed to kill him twice. wanted to call for help but on the last moment my headset died. stupid sony ericsson headset only lasts 6.5 hours probably less. meh. crazy. finished 4th.

i had to leave. got a thesis to right. see ya bitches later. great games again.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Name: GAFu (ADD IT TO FAVS)
Type: Dedicated Unranked
Timezone: Europe GMT+1
Password: NOT the usual one. If you are a GAFu memeber, check the in-game clan message. Otherwise, kindly ask Xater via PM. Send money via PayPal if necessary.

Max players: 20

Team balance: ON
Team switching: ON
Friendly Fire: ON

Map rotation information: Lots of Zone and CTF. One Dogfight in the mix.

Peeete

Hey,

I try every way since a few days, to get Wowhawk, it just doesn't seem possible. Credit Cards of my friends don't work and the retail version still takes at least 2 more weeks to come out here. I really wanna play Warhawk again so desperately...

Can somebody here please show some mercy and help me? I think I figured out a few ways, that should be without any risk for you.

One way would be, that I send you the money first by Paypal (just check the Paypal-Mail twice to see it's not a fake like from the nigeria connections) and then I give you my PSN-Name and PW. You log in my account, change the Password, put in your credit card infos, get the money in my wallet, take out the credit card infos and change back to my old Password. That way I have the money straight in my wallet, but never got to see your credit card information. I'm just not sure if you have to be from Germany to do it that way, since it is a german PSN-Account and the Credit Card from my friend, who is not german, doesn't work.

Another way would be, if somebody has a Wirecard-Account. I just opened one and thought now I can finally purchase Warhawk, but I can't use Paypal to put credit on the card, I'd have to use my bank account and that way it takes up to 7 days for the money to be on the card. Again, I would send you the money first by Paypal. After you recieved it, you send the money to my wirecard account. That way, I would recieve it right away and wouldn't have to wait for another week.

If nobody wants to help me that way, do you maybe know any other possibility, for example any virtual gift cards/credit cards that I can purchase online, using Paypal and get the codes right away without having to wait for a couple of days.

Believe me, I know by myself that I sound stupid, asking around here in the forum. It's just, I'm really a games freak and I know, I won't have a quiet minute until I can finally play the game, I already drive around the whole day to check different stores but nobody has it yet.

This is a games forum, so I'm sure there are freaks here, who exactly know how I feel now, so I still hope, there's somebody out there who will show some mercy.

TTP said:
Password: NOT the usual one. If you are a GAFu memeber, check the in-game clan message. Otherwise, kindly ask Xater via PM. Send money via PayPal if necessary.

ETA- 5 minutes:D

nofi

Peeete said:
I try every way since a few days, to get Wowhawk, it just doesn't seem possible.

UK?

Edit: Thailand. Oh.

TTP said:

Wicked. I'll try and have a game this afternoon. If not, I'll be on tonight.

Safe Bet

Banned
CTF + Crusie Missile + Enemy Base = WOW

Edit:

I've been getting alot better in the Warhawks but dodging missles still eludes me.

cilonen

TTP said:
No prob. Server will stay up all the weekend (hopefully).

Hehe, ace. I just took a break after a morning on SCEE servers so I'll be along in a bit. Going to get some Everybody's Golf action in this afternoon too.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Safe Bet said:
CTF + Crusie Missile + Enemy Base = WOW

Edit:

I've been getting alot better in the Warhawks but dodging missles still eludes me.

try simulating an epilepsy attack on both the analog sticks. it works trust me.

Safe Bet

Banned
I guess the philosophy of "release it now fix it later" has become standard.

:(

After waiting ALL DAY to snag a spot on a dedicated server, it seems like my 5 hours of ranked playtime wasn't recorded.

Nice..................

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Safe Bet said:
I guess the philosophy of "release it now fix it later" has become standard.

:(

After waiting ALL DAY to snag a spot on a dedicated server, it seems like my 5 hours of ranked playtime wasn't recorded.

Nice..................

It's working pretty on time on my side. Did u play on a RANKED (dedicated alone is not enough) server?

SSJChar

i don't think the ranking is updated instantly, rather everyones ranking is probably updated at once afew times a day. probably by this time tomorrow your stats will all be fine.

cilonen said:
Hehe, ace. I just took a break after a morning on SCEE servers so I'll be along in a bit. Going to get some Everybody's Golf action in this afternoon too.

Don't take too long. I'm all alone. :( Dominating in Zones though:lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SSJChar said:
i don't think the ranking is updated instantly, rather everyones ranking is probably updated at once afew times a day. probably by this time tomorrow your stats will all be fine.

One thing I've noticed is that my stats get updated almost istantaneoulsy and my rank goes up accordinly. But for my rank to actually show up under my ID in the upper left corner of the title screen, I have to reboot the system and retreive the profile data again. Data stays the same. I just get the new rank and customitazion options that I didn't before the restart.

Raist

Banned
Well I think I'll eventually stick with the noob control mode. Slowly getting better at chasing people, and I can dodge missiles most of the time now (except when I get locked like 4 times in a row :lol )

Defuser

Raist said:
Well I think I'll eventually stick with the noob control mode. Slowly getting better at chasing people, and I can dodge missiles most of the time now (except when I get locked like 4 times in a row :lol )
Yeah,it's kinda annoying your opponent has 15 swarm missiles to home at you and you have only 2 chafe to survive out.

Safe Bet

Banned
Yeah...

I'm really starting to dislike this game...

:|

I don't know why but the more I play it the less I feel like playing it...

cilonen said:
Heh, I suck at dogfighting! Headset seemed messed up too, couldn't make out a word!

Sorry for bailing, back on though. I could hear you fine, it's probably my headset. I was just asking if you wanted to practice some aerobatics. I'm dying to try the top gun maneuver but it's completely impossible without co-operation.

Bulla564

Banned
Is the headset supposed to feel so uncomfortable? After 5 hours of gaming, my ear feels like it's about to fall off.

Anyways, being the turret/defense whore that I have become, my best experience so far has been CTF, where I found myself alone defending the flag, and my idiot teammates would not come for support. I would always end up in a wild chase for the guy with the flag (jeep, warhawk, on foot), getting him every time. They did not get away with a single flag.

Top Bottom