• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

cilonen

freethought said:
Sorry for bailing, back on though. I could hear you fine, it's probably my headset. I was just asking if you wanted to practice some aerobatics. I'm dying to try the top gun maneuver but it's completely impossible without co-operation.

AH, sorry - I couldn't make that out! I'm not able to get on at the mo, but I'll be back later. I need to figure out how I'm going to get the 'Warhawk Recruiting' ribbon I need to advance rank - I don't see any way I'm going to get it in normal play :-/

neojubei said:
GAF east II?>? I was one of the first ones to ask to be in GAFe

Yes you were, but when I disbanded and restarted the clan, I added PSN names starting from the bottom of the list up for luck. Of course it did not work and Incog still needs to patch the game so we can send out more than 30 invites. Besides, who cares if you are in GAFe1 or 2, you are still in GAFe.

Safe Bet

Banned
Safe Bet said:
Yeah...

I'm really starting to dislike this game...

:|

I don't know why but the more I play it the less I feel like playing it...
Ok...

Now I just got MVP twice in a row and all is right in the world...

I fucking hate myslef...

Raist

Banned
Safe Bet said:
Ok...

Now I just got MVP twice in a row and all is right in the world...

I fucking hate myslef...

Well, sometimes I also feel like the game is complete crap and I just want to delete it and forget it... but then I have a good run and all is fine :lol

Worst thing is the dogfights. When there are a few really good players it's really disgusting and feels unfair.

it's just like quake on the dogfights, control the resources and you control the match
the aces you are chasing are loading up on chaff and know the tricks for shaking missiles quickly.

don't chase them unless you have enough to finish them off quick. Use the machine gun to start, lock on a single swarm, let it off so they blow their chaff, then blast quickly again and again with the lightning (it auto aims a bit) until they die. If needed keep the swarms handy and lock 2 or 3 on and launch every couple of seconds just to annoy them. keep back a bit and fly slowly and make sure to use your sharp turn button

John_B

Game is full. Game is full. Game is full. Game is full. Game is full. Game is full.

The game is moterfucking full!

They need to make a quick play option, not this 10 year old counter-strike like find server shit system. Why can't I filter ranked servers? Why does it not tell me the correct amount of players currently on the server, instead of this bullshit?

The game is pretty fun when you play it, but holy fucking shit coming out of jesus ass, did the interface people EVER play any online games at all?

Vandiger

John_B said:
Game is full. Game is full. Game is full. Game is full. Game is full. Game is full.

The game is moterfucking full!

They need to make a quick play option, not this 10 year old counter-strike like find server shit system. Why can't I filter ranked servers? Why does it not tell me the correct amount of players currently on the server, instead of this bullshit?

The game is pretty fun when you play it, but holy fucking shit coming out of jesus ass, did the interface people EVER play any online games at all?

Pretty much QMFT. After 3 failures I just quit trying :p.

Bah 3 of the last 4 games have frozen on me :( Goddamn glitchy games.

I also can't dodge missles worth a shit with pro flight on. I am tempted to go back to normal, but that is lame =/

Foil

Had some good games on the GAF practice server. Not sure if everyone there was from here this morning. Mic started making lots of noise then shut off. Couldn't hear or say a damn thing in those games.

The shit really hit the fan in one of those zone matches. Duck and cover to try and stay alive. It seemed like everyone in the map was blowing up and shooting in one spot there for a good 30 seconds. :lol

vpance said:
Game is full is reallly annoying. Still need my clan (GAFn) invite too Varshes :( Not really having fun yet.

Yeah I need my GAFn invite too. Should be much better once the clan gets going.

I should be on later today but I was on yesterday and I could not join one ranked server. All I got to do were player servers with a max of 20. This game is really starting to piss me off. Between the f'd up clan invites and the fact that when I join a game it locks up or says the host disconnected, I am sore to say the least.

I am so tempted to just give the clan to someone else, sell the game, and go play COD4 and Bioshock.

Played for nine hours in a row last night/this morning. Oh God.

Still couldn't get my fucking mic to work, though. I'll try it on Calling all Cars [my only other online PS game], and then it looks like it's a trip back to Best Buy.

Safe Bet said:
Yeah...

I'm really starting to dislike this game...

I don't know why but the more I play it the less I feel like playing it...

Wow, that is the exact opposite reaction from everybody else. Why?

EDIT: Killthee's server last night was ranked, right? Were there none GAF players in there?

Okay so can I get an invite to Gaf U? I am really tired of getting into CTF games where me and one other person have a mic.

My connection is kind of iffy for a couple of weeks(I am leeching until Yahoo bb gets done with their red tape crap), but it seems to be working fine atm.

Plus I am guessing GAF U is the closest I am gonna get to my time zone...heh.

ID: budokaininja

Raist

Banned
SCEE really needs to put more servers on... 13 servers is like... not enough <_<

SCEA has 3 times more servers...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
DoctorWho said:
Wow, that is the exact opposite reaction from everybody else. Why?

EDIT: Killthee's server last night was ranked, right? Were there none GAF players in there?

It was ranked and non Gaffers started trickling in as Gaffers left.

Killthee said:
It was ranked and non Gaffers started trickling in as Gaffers left.

Ok, I was wondering how I was able to jump in without a pass. Still seemed like the majority were gaffers though.

Kweh

Gah really struggling to connect to an official EU server this afternoon, they all come up as spaces available but all say full when i attempt to join.

roxya

Loving the game but it's annoying when you wanna play with friends and you keep getting punted to the other team to balance them :|

Kweh said:
Gah really struggling to connect to an official EU server this afternoon, they all come up as spaces available but all say full when i attempt to join.

Yeah you would think the list would be able to update properly. I hate trying to join a 27/32 game and then gettin a game is full message and then it shows up with spaces still when I refresh the list.

=/

Jtrizzy

last night's ranked GAF server was the shit...I didn't go to bed till 7 am.

They just need to add more Sony servers, and fix the clan issue. Everything else has been perfect for me...Only one freeze in 7 hours of play, and I'm using a shared internet connection.

Doesn't stuff usually happen like this when an online game is launched?

Raist

Banned
Looks like TTP's server is down :eek:

I can make one, but can only host 12 players.

If enough people are interested I'll make it. Time zone is GMT+1.

dralla said:
great, none of my stats have been uploading. been stuck on 1250 points forever. :|

Yeah I had the same thing and then just jumped up 3-4 ranks at once <shrug>

And I would be up for at least a couple of games Raist. Just post the name and such.

Madman

Yeah, it sucks when there are full games. If only there was a way to host your own customizable server that you had complete control over...

Rockman

I did a littlle shopping today and picked up Warhawk along the way. Funny thing is when I opened the box there were two headsets inside. Anyone else get this also?

2004131691098928892_rs.jpg

Madman said:
Yeah, it sucks when there are full games. If only there was a way to host your own customizable server that you had complete control over...

Your point has one problem: Anyone can host their own server, but folks like me can do a server with a whopping 4 people.

indie85

Banned
hmm, seems almost impossible to get on a ranked server now, too much demand. Im guessing what some people do is just leave themselves logged into the match when they take a break, that way their always onto a ranked server. Not that thats a concern YET as Im just having a blast playing it with any old server, although 32up servers rock.

Playing through it, I found Im fairly proficient at most of the gameplay now, EXCEPT the warhawks, I literally just dont touch them which is a shame but its just impossible now to try and learn how to fly them, last 10 seconds tops with the locked missiles on me. IMO there needs to be some kind of system where people who arent good at warhawks can play together.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I just played 3 unranked matches and won 1, i know you dont get points for that right, but it says i played 0 games and total playtime is 00:00:00, is this normal? :eek:

Tiduz said:
I just played 3 unranked matches and won 1, i know you dont get points for that right, but it says i played 0 games and total playtime is 00:00:00, is this normal? :eek:

Totally normal, it won't show anything till you play a ranked match.

dionysus

Yaldog
Tiduz said:

Those are central server stats, so only ranked matches will appear.

Top Bottom