• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Tiduz

Eurogaime
thanks for the quick reply, i guess its time to play some ranked matches soon :) (ill probably get owned big time tho) :lol

Madman

UnholySpectacle said:
Your point has one problem: Anyone can host their own server, but folks like me can do a server with a whopping 4 people.
I can only do 8(4 on 4). The game is fun with 1 on 1. I would love to play with 31 other people all day. But beggars can't be choosers.

Try asking people in your 2 on 2 games if they can host anything bigger, and get them to create one.

dionysus

Yaldog
Killthee said:
It seems like people in the official board are having the same problem sending invites as we are.

"Clan Invitation Can't Be Sent"
"Warhawk clan invite: Send error / invitation not sent"
"Clan problem? Can't send invites"

Has Incog even acknowledged the problem yet? They acknowledged the stats thing pretty quickly.

They may not feel its a priority, as its a new game and the clan population is still probably pretty low.

I almost wish they had spent another couple months in development and upgraded from the 8 year old method of server lists like in the original CS.

dionysus

Yaldog
Is anyone on the higher ranked servers, I am about to be past lvl. 1 and wondering if the competition actually increases. I bet not since everyone is just happy to get into any ranked server they can find.

PleoMax

Banned
I really don't get it why people love the ranked stuff so much, even when they are playing with friends they want to do it in ranked.

I prefer to play unranked with friends, the only rankings i need is the ones of each map individually.

Heh

PleoMax said:
I really don't get it why people love the ranked stuff so much, even when they are playing with friends they want to do it in ranked.

I prefer to play unranked with friends, the only rankings i need is the ones of each map individually.

Heh

I like it when a message pops up and tells me I'm recommended for a ribbon. Of course, I'm an achievement whore too.

dionysus said:
Has Incog even acknowledged the problem yet? They acknowledged the stats thing pretty quickly.

They may not feel its a priority, as its a new game and the clan population is still probably pretty low.

I almost wish they had spent another couple months in development and upgraded from the 8 year old method of server lists like in the original CS.

Not even a peep from Incog on the invite issues. I love and hate this game at the same time. WHen I get into a good game with a lot of people I know, I have fun. But getting into games is hard with the crappy server list and not enough Sony servers. Then I go and join player servers and the game freezes or the host disconnects.

I'm seriously considering passing the torch on GAFe. Anyone who is on the original GAFe clan up for it?

PleoMax

Banned
DoctorWho said:
I like it when a message pops up and tells me I'm recommended for a ribbon. Of course, I'm an achievement whore too.

Hmm, that means i've been playing Ranked without knowing :lol

Raist said:
I'm in TTP's serv, taking ur zonez.

Fell a bit lonely tho.

C'mon guys, just join D:

It was full just awhile ago, i'll try again now.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
PleoMax said:

Heh

It's the only way to rank up and open up the different customization skins.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Can someone explain the rank system? It says i achieved Sargent yesterday but today I am airman right now.

This game is starting to piss me the heck off.

I lost my custom character and the warhawk boards are not helpful at all.

LJ11

UnholySpectacle said:
Not even a peep from Incog on the invite issues. I love and hate this game at the same time. WHen I get into a good game with a lot of people I know, I have fun. But getting into games is hard with the crappy server list and not enough Sony servers. Then I go and join player servers and the game freezes or the host disconnects.

I'm seriously considering passing the torch on GAFe. Anyone who is on the original GAFe clan up for it?

I'll take it off your hands, but I don't think it will make much of a difference considering the invite system is on the fritz.

J-Rzez

I've determined that the gameplay is second to none... The game is flat out fun to play... But, the lack of party system, and quickplay really really kills the fun... The stat tracking seems wonky (like most are off the bat), but i'll live with it for now... The lists never update fast enough, I try jumping into games with 20 out of 32, and it's full... And it's near impossible to get into games with friends... Incognito needs to address these issues with the quickness because it's really killing the fun for me...

LJ11 said:
I'll take it off your hands, but I don't think it will make much of a difference considering the invite system is on the fritz.

The clan invite stuff is not my true gripe. The servers are the real problem. I can never make it onto a ranked server, and all of the player servers I join other than the GAF games I've played have frozen or the host disconnects. Normally, I'm for seeing something through to the end, but this game is trying my patience. I flung my controller through the room the other day because I could not find a game I could join. The dirt-old server list does not help the game either.

Greg

People are always complaining that they can't get into Sony servers - you are aware that some of them have rank restrictions, correct? It'll let you attempt to the join the room even if you don't meet the requirements, and that's why they always say it's full.

As for stats, give them a few weeks to work things out - my stats didn't keep for the first 3 weeks in Resistance once the game launched. People forget all the problems that Resistance had during launch, as a lot of people weren't playing it then.

Greg said:
People are always complaining that they can't get into Sony servers - you are aware that some of them have rank restrictions, correct? It'll let you attempt to the join the room even if you don't meet the requirements, and that's why they always say it's full.

As for stats, give them a few weeks to work things out - my stats didn't keep for the first 3 weeks in Resistance once the game launched. People forget all the problems that Resistance had during launch, as a lot of people weren't playing it then.

I know about the restrictions, it's not that.

dionysus

Yaldog
neojubei said:
how did u loose rank? I'm an airman now, i was a sargent last night.

First, you get recommended for a rank-up. This rank-up is not official yet, even though you get a message.

Eventually (for me it takes like 6 hours), you get another message that you have ranked up and new customization options are available.

LJ11 said:

I just realized you are not part of the original GAFe. For you to take it I would have to disband GAFe and give you the list of names who are part of it now. You would have to resend invites since I can't add you to GAFe now.

LJ11

UnholySpectacle said:
The clan invite stuff is not my true gripe. The servers are the real problem. I can never make it onto a ranked server, and all of the player servers I join other than the GAF games I've played have frozen or the host disconnects. Normally, I'm for seeing something through to the end, but this game is trying my patience. I flung my controller through the room the other day because I could not find a game I could join. The dirt-old server list does not help the game either.

Well I'm willing to take over GAFe, so keep me in mind when and if you decide to hang it up.

Edit: I was on that spreadsheet, but I haven't received an invite for whatever reason.

neojubei said:
Can someone explain the rank system? It says i achieved Sargent yesterday but today I am airman right now.

This game is starting to piss me the heck off.

I lost my custom character and the warhawk boards are not helpful at all.

When you join a clan you restart through the ranks.

neojubei

DoctorWho said:
When you join a clan you restart through the ranks.

what????????? i lose everything? what if it unjoin, will i go back to sargent? I wish someone told me this, or i would have never joined.

arcader

Banned
come play on my ranked dedicated server - it will be up till tomorrow around noon and features a collection of DM, TDM, CTF and dogfight games....

dedicated ranked server = abrader

Rockman said:
I did a littlle shopping today and picked up Warhawk along the way. Funny thing is when I opened the box there were two headsets inside. Anyone else get this also?

twoheadsets.jpg

That's a pretty good deal actually since that headset is pretty f'ing useless for long gaming sessions. Use one, keep the other charging, then swap out. :p

neojubei said:
what????????? i lose everything? what if it unjoin, will i go back to sargent? I wish someone told me this, or i would have never joined.

Are you serious? You were posting on every other page asking where your clan invite was.

arcader

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
That's a pretty good deal actually since that headset is pretty f'ing useless for long gaming sessions. Use one, keep the other charging, then swap out. :p

define 'long gaming session'?

neojubei

I'm starting to hate this game more and more. so even if u are a high rank joining any clan means u lose everything, wow, how wonderful.

UnholySpectacle said:
Are you serious? You were posting on every other page asking where your clan invite was.

NOONE told me that i would lose everything if i joined. I was up all night playing on rank servers for what? nothing and it is all gone to $#@

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ohh just played for over 3 hours straight, haven't done that with a game in a long time. Need to get some gaf matches on.

neojubei said:
I'm starting to hate this game more and more. so even if u are a high rank joining any clan means u lose everything, wow, how wonderful.

NOONE told me that i would lose everything if i joined. I was up all night playing on rank servers for what? nothing and it is all gone to $#@

You haven't lost everything. The customization stuff and medals you've unlocked are still unlocked. I assume if you leave the clan then you will get your own rank back.

Smokey

Geez I have the game but haven't opened it yet due to school. I'm wondering if I should maybe take it back and wait or something because it sounds like the game has a lot of problems right now (game freezing, stats not recording, invite system etc).

PleoMax

Banned
This game completely fails in the infantry combat. A knife is more dangerous than a machine gun, wtf

You need like 2 clips to waste a dude, but a knife, it's on the point

PleoMax said:
This game completely fails in the infantry combat. A knife is more dangerous than a machine gun, wtf

Aim for the head. I waste people with the infantry gun.

neojubei

DoctorWho said:
You haven't lost everything. The customization stuff and medals you've unlocked are still unlocked. I assume if you leave the clan then you will get your own rank back.

I cannot customize nothing, my character went back to basic, even my symbol is gone.

Smokey Bones said:
Geez I have the game but haven't opened it yet due to school. I'm wondering if I should maybe take it back and wait or something because it sounds like the game has a lot of problems right now (game freezing, stats not recording, invite system etc).

Take it back, maybe wait a few months when all the bugs are out, or else you will be loosing all the progree you put in this game.

neojubei

DoctorWho said:
Really, my characters still look updated.

MINE are not, which is why i rank, I like to change my character around and i cannot. I was a sargent and now an airman not even first class. WTH.

You either have to be lying or there are a ton of bugs in this game.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
PleoMax said:

The knife really is a little ridiculous - in deathmatch games, I pull out my knife and go to town. I actually switched back to my handgun because it was too easy. One hit kill? Lame.

The machine gun is fine, I can take ppl out no sweat. Pistol is a little weak tho. I feel useless with it. Me and this guy squared off this morning in a pistol showdown - we honestly went through about 15-20 mags each, if not more. Hilarious. We couldn't hit each other and refused to get closer. Eventually he won.

LJ11

Smokey Bones said:

Played for 4 hours yesterday and didn't have a single lock up, but it's probably inevitable that I will lock up at some point but it's not rampant. Stats not tracking is similar to the issues Resistance had at the start, that was borked at the beginning but they fixed it and all your stats were up to date.

Edit: The pistol was so overpowered in the beta, they toned it down a lot because people complained. If I see a guy pull out a knife I lob a nade close to me and run hoping he runs into it as he chases me. It's a weak thing to do, but it works like a charm against all those guys running and slashing.

Top Bottom