• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

The Take Out Bandit said:
lol

People not buying / playing a game because it doesn't track stats?

You obsessive compulsive losers. :lol

It actually has pretty detailed stat tracking. I think it is glitching for some people and reseting but I expect that in the first couple of weeks.

DoctorWho said:
It actually has pretty detailed stat tracking. I think it is glitching for some people and reseting but I expect that in the first couple of weeks.

Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn.

Stats and numbers are not the reason I play games.

It's not like I stopped playing Final Fight because I didn't have an accurate count of how many throws I performed versus punches and kicks. :p

Man, this f@cking game needs an auto-join / game finder feature like SOCOM.

Set the filter, tell the f@cking thing to go find a game.

I just tried joining five different games which didn't show up as full rooms, and all five times I was denied because the game filled up.

I haven't got time for this Mickey Mouse bullshit! </Stansfield>

So I just turned the NoPlaystation3 off. :\

Add a game finder in your first patch Incognito, you worthless ass monkeys. >:|

dralla

but the more stats you get he more customization you get. I don't care about the numbers, I want more outfits/paint, ect.

PleoMax said:
The dudes are so small, it's hard to hit in the head, the sniper rocks though

If you flick the stick up a little bit it will automatically target their head. Targeting is almost too easy in this game.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn.

Stats and numbers are not the reason I play games.

It's not like I stopped playing Final Fight because I didn't have an accurate count of how many throws I performed versus punches and kicks. :p

Man, this f@cking game needs an auto-join / game finder feature like SOCOM.

Set the filter, tell the f@cking thing to go find a game.

I just tried joining five different games which didn't show up as full rooms, and all five times I was denied because the game filled up.

I haven't got time for this Mickey Mouse bullshit! </Stansfield>

So I just turned the NoPlaystation3 off. :\

Add a game finder in your first patch Incognito, you worthless ass monkeys. >:|

I have the same problems, I've been spoiled by quick match functions in my XBL games.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Where on the manual and on the website that says you loose your rank when you join a clan?

What other deceptive stuff sony is not telling first time players?

dralla said:
but the more stats you get he more customization you get. I don't care about the numbers, I want more outfits/paint, ect.

That's fine, but it's all superficial to me.

Yeah, I unlocked some crap; but if I unlock crap or not, it doesn't affect my opinion of the game as being fun (When I can get in a game, and it doesn't freeze-up, or the server doesn't take a shit).

Warhawk is great for that.

Play lots.

Unlock shit.

Simple. :D

UnholySpectacle said:
I have the same problems, I've been spoiled by quick match functions in my XBL games.

Seriously.

Sony needs to get all their ducks in a row WRT online functionality. There needs to be a standard feature set in all games, period.

LJ11

Just so nobody gets screwed in rank I can hand over control to someone in the clan now, have them delete my name to free up room for you, then invite you and make you leader.

neojubei said:
Where on the manual and on the website that says you loose your rank when you join a clan?

What other deceptive stuff sony is not telling first time players?

They stealz your monies from your walletz!

Core407

Banned
I wish there were more substational upgrades. Say once you reach a certian level, you'll be able to spawn with a rifle or more grenades. Leave it up to the player to pick what he would like to upgrade. Other than that, the game is friggin' sick. They need to improve the Pistol too because it just blows. Add a scope to it or something.

LJ11

UnholySpectacle said:
LJ11

Just so nobody gets screwed in rank I can hand over control to someone in the clan now, have them delete my name to free up room for you, then invite you and make you leader.

Cool

Good games tonight guys. I need to practice my dogfighting skills some more though. heh...

I'll probably be on again in a couple of days.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Pachinko said:
I'm actually quite suprised at just how enjoyable this game is. I'd completly written it off as some mediocre looking battlefield knockoff ... and in a way it is but it's also more fun the battlefeild becuase everyone is attempting to keep to certain areas of gameplay. There's always alot of warhawks flying around but there's also a few people on foot, a couple people in tanks. Battlefield always felt like a mess.

My complaint is the main reason I grabbed this- the headset, doesn't seem to want to work no matter what I do :(

Okay, it seems Jabra just makes the worst direction possible, It's too damn late now for me to try it tonight but apparently you have to hold the power button for 5 seconds to make sure the headset is off THEN press and hold again until the light on the device stays solid. It won't work unless it's solid, the annoying thing is it doesn't really say in the instructions why the device will blink instead... why can't this shit ever be simple, make it like the controller, just plug the damn thing in , instant detect and setup, unplug it for wireless and bam good to go but noooo instead I have to waste 20 minutes of my life searching google for setup tips.

Dude you are making the same mistake I did, the directions are poor. Just make sure the head set is off, then hold button down until the PS3 finds it. The direction make it sound like once the light come up you let go of the button THAT IS WRONG. JUST KEEP THE BUTTON HELD DOWN. Let me know how you make out.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I think i will stay in the clan and hope that this is a bug and sony will fix the stat problem. I'm going to take a break from this game and play some persona 3.

carlos

Its probably been mentioned before, but I cant find it in this huge thread, but why can't I ever join a game on any of the sony srvers?
It just stays on connecting" for a while, then "unable to join game"
I was able to join in there during the beta....

ChryZ

Too few players on the GAFu game, but it was still fun. Even 1 vs 2 can be fun, I was once 1 vs 2 and able to stand my ground. Then I was on the 2 vs 1 team: sorry Raist for mining/fucking up your base, but it was too funny (well at least for me), hehe, I also liked the moment when you pinned me down, I had to hide behind pillars from warhawk gunfire and I still got away :p

Steroyd

Bit of advice in the Deathmatch Dogfighting match in the GAFu server don't speak cause you light up like a christmas tree.

Best pre-game ever although I still suck at understanding Zone matches.

Thrakier

Dear GAF, please answer:

Does the Six-Axis-Flight-Control work? That would make or brake the deal for me. I need something special.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Mesijs said:
Maybe this is a very dumb question, but how can I start/join a split-screen game?

Press start on the second controller.

Note: Splitscreen is disabled in all ranked servers and can be disabled by the host in unranked servers. Use the server info on the right side of the screen to find out whether or not splitscreen is enabled.

Thrakier said:
Dear GAF, please answer:

Does the Six-Axis-Flight-Control work? That would make or brake the deal for me. I need something special.

I think the motion control is the best on PS3 but I still prefer the sticks for flight.

carlos

Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
Unable to join game
:(

Foil

Man that middle base on Badlands (Zones) really is the one to get. Seems the entire game was fought there for control of that flag point. Crazy stuff. First round I actually came in first place, though we had to put up with a damn team killer. Why exactly do people do that shit? Do they laugh to themselves when doing it? Or do they do that just to piss people off? Oh well.

Haven't had any freezes since I started playing, and this afternoon I've been able to get into any server that has space with no problems. Finally. Stats seem to be sketchy still.

The Jer

I hope this game updates the interface. It needs to be organized a little differently.
They also need filters to not show full games, show only ranked or unranked. And spit-screen filters. And the ability to sort by ranked/unranked, etc.

Also, I hope they intoduce a party system at some point.

dralla

i cant even play this piece of shit until they do something with the servers. every fucking server is full, it takes 20 minutes to get into game, only to be teamed with a bunch of idiots who don't know what they're doing

Core407

Banned
Man, there has to be some cheating going around. I just shot a guy with a rocket launcher in a closed off area and he kept jumping in the air and avoided all attacks. I then unloaded 4 rockets into another Warhawk and it didn't even do any real damage. I was right behind him and hit him dead on.

cilonen

Safe Bet said:
It was fun at first but all the little "frustrations" have started to build up...

It does seem to get old quite quickly.

Getting into a game on a server you don't know (unlike the GAF servers) is very hit and miss, mostly miss.

Safe Bet

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Aim for the head. I waste people with the infantry gun.
I don't understand how the fuck your guys are "aiming for the head" when the auto-aim makes the reticule dance all over the fucking place...

Madman

I'll assume you guys mean ranked servers being full, because I can find plenty of unranked servers.

And if you are talking ranked, why don't you just play unranked?

justjohn

this game is insanely fun.
i've practically stopped using the warhawks as i suck completely. i dont even know how to land. i find the ground battle more my style .
i also stick to only deathmatch games as i want to kill anyone i see in sight(much more fun than the team stuff)
oh and they need to seriously do something about the knife. its far too strong. i shot this guy about 10 times whilst he kept charging towards me with the knife and he killed me with just one try. wtf.
its nice to see the userbase growing as well. i think its past 50000 by now

justjohn said:
i've practically stopped using the warhawks as i suck completely. i dont even know how to land. i find the ground battle more my style .

Yeah, if it were easier to bail out of a Warhawk; I'd be more inclined to use them. For me I prefer ground vehicles. I can deal damage with them; and bail the hell out without shitting around with the controls to land; or in some stages find a spot where I can land. >:|

CSSer

Like many, I've wasted days on Sony servers not having my stats tracked. I'm playing on user dedicated servers and it looks to be working.

Anyways, what time is the GAF vs GAF scrimmage?

DuckRacer

justjohn said:
i've practically stopped using the warhawks as i suck completely. i dont even know how to land. i find the ground battle more my style.
If you're flying, hit triangle to go to hover mode, go near the ground, and when the landing gears pop out hit square.

Top Bottom