• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Looks like many of you are hitting the breaking point like I did. This game has a chance for greatness with the right patches.

Dear Incog:

1. Add a party system
2. Add a Quick Match option
3. Add a party system
4. Ditch the old server list system/Make more specific filters(search for a specific server name)
5. Change the menus so when I need to play on my 20" SD tv instead of my awesome LCD monitor because my fiancee has to do her graphic design magic, I can read the text.
5. add a damn party system
6. ADD MORE SERVERS AND FIX THE ONES YOU HAVE

CSSer said:
Like many, I've wasted days on Sony servers not having my stats tracked. I'm playing on user dedicated servers and it looks to be working.

Anyways, what time is the GAF vs GAF scrimmage?

Anyone down for a specific time? I should be home after 7pm EST.

Foil

The Take Out Bandit said:
Yeah, if it were easier to bail out of a Warhawk; I'd be more inclined to use them. For me I prefer ground vehicles. I can deal damage with them; and bail the hell out without shitting around with the controls to land; or in some stages find a spot where I can land. >:|

Whenever I'm in a Warhawk and get a missle lock on me I clusterfuck the controls while trying to land and get out. At which point I usually misjudge the decline and end up being shot to pieces. They should think about adding parachutes so that players can "bail out" at anytime, and any altitude. Of course, you'd be a sitting duck floating down in the air. :lol

I just stay the hell away from Warhawks unless I need to quick travel, or provide some hover support. I'm not very good in them.

carlos

UnholySpectacle said:
Looks like many of you are hitting the breaking point like I did. This game has a chance for greatness with the right patches.

Dear Incog:

1. Add a party system
2. Add a Quick Match option
3. Add a party system
4. Ditch the old server list system/Make more specific filters(search for a specific server name)
5. Change the menus so when I need to play on my 20" SD tv instead of my awesome LCD monitor because my fiancee has to do her graphic design magic, I can read the text.
5. add a damn party system
6. ADD MORE SERVERS AND FIX THE ONES YOU HAVE

QFMFT

Smokey

Can you customize the controls in the game?

It says you can in the manual, yet I see no option to do so under the control menu.

Smokey Bones said:
Can you customize the controls in the game?

It says you can in the manual, yet I see no option to do so under the control menu.

The customization is fairly limited like choosing between inverted/not inverted, look speed, and switching the analog sticks for lefties. You can choose controls in the setup menu, or just hit start during a match and choose controls.

EDIT: No, you can't map the controls to any buttons.

PleoMax

Banned
That freethought guy is a pain in the ass with the damn planes!

Cool games anyway, the Plane Vs Jeep chase was awesome, is there gonna be a GAF game or something?

Raist

Banned
PleoMax said:
That freethought guy is a pain in the ass with the damn planes!

Cool games anyway, the Plane Vs Jeep chase was awesome

Enjoyed the ride on my wing ? :lol

When I crossed that river, I saw you moving weirdly, like someone being hit by a rifle or something. Then you died, and I'm sorry to say but I lmao'd

dralla

ok, im going to add a section of complaints we have with the game in the OP. Jobe said they were open to feedback...hopefully with the help of Patrick, maybe he can somehow get Jobe to see this.

what about the server settings, does anyone else think CTF respawn time should be 10 seconds? its annoying to kill 2 guys, grab their flag, only to have them spawn right behind me and get gunned down

Pachinko

Any of you guys want to add me to your friends lists ?

PSN is otakugamer

I was playing this today and I had it freeze on me 3 times... I thought they would have fixed that in the beta.

Core407

Banned
Improvements:

1) Make the handgun not completely useless
2) Allow me to change weapons while in vehicles so that when I jump out, I get the weapon I want.

Ristlager

Kweh said:
Havent been able to join one game today, keep coming back saying Game is full :-/

Same here.. The only game I could join was the GAFu one, but everyone has quit from that game :(

And I would like to play ranked matches, cause I would like to get some better stats.

Madman

As long as everyone else is complaining, I'll add my two cents:

Jet Moto mod. Make. It. Happen.

Fix servers so actual number of players on server at the time of refreshing is shown.

Bring pistol back to how it was in the beta, perhaps a bit weaker.

Slightly increase damage on assault rifle.

Slightly decrease reload time with the turret on the jeep.

Make more advanced server filters.

More servers.

BTW guys, are you guys sure Home won't be the party system?

Ristlager

Core407 said:
No problems here. Look for servers with like 4-5 open slots. Usually if it is only 1-3, it'll still say it is full.

Well thats bull, tried everything from 1 open too 12 open, get the same message every fucking time. GET YOUT SHIT TOGHETER INCOGNITO.

Core407 said:
No problems here. Look for servers with like 4-5 open slots. Usually if it is only 1-3, it'll still say it is full.

Same. I have very specific search parameters that bring up games with 12-32 players and a minimum of 12 players already in the game. I set it to a ping of 150 and under. I get about 150 servers on the list and the majority are SCEA servers. I quickly scroll down the list and look for a game with about 4-5 slots full and after 2-3 times I'm in a game.

My only complaint is that the warhawks need to start with homing missiles instead of sidewinders.

PleoMax

Banned
Raist said:
Enjoyed the ride on my wing ? :lol

When I crossed that river, I saw you moving weirdly, like someone being hit by a rifle or something. Then you died, and I'm sorry to say but I lmao'd

YEah, :lol

Because my player was allways like almost falling, clipping problems probably or something, and then you crossed the river and it started saying "Damage zone" or something like that, and my life starts being affected and i'm like "CROSS THE DAMM RIVER, PUSH THAT SHIT!!" and then i died halfway through.

The wind was cutting me, blades were flying around

PleoMax

Banned
Smokey Bones said:
So are most of you using the Sixaxis for the Hawks or the sticks?

I find using the Sixaxis to be better IMO.

Using the sixaxis is a pain in the butt. It's cool for sight seeing, but for combat its too slow.

Smokey Bones said:
So are most of you using the Sixaxis for the Hawks or the sticks?

I find using the Sixaxis to be better IMO.

Sticks. I have enough learning to do on the game right now, without motion control on top of it.

Spasm

In the server list, the SCEA servers populate just fine, ping time, number of players, map, etc. If I try and refresh an SCEA server, nothing happens. If I add one to favorites, it doesn't populate. If I try and join one, I don't get server full messages, I get a generic, 'unable to join server' message. This only seems to be a problem with SCEA servers. My NAT type is 2. Is there anything I can do? Or are they just getting hammerfucked?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Smokey Bones said:
Is there still room in the GAF clan?

We have room in the GAFs clan. Post your PSN ID & timezone and I'll add you to the roster.

My server is up BTW.
GAF-CTF/ZNS
Max Players 20
Ranked

It'll probably be up for ~4 hours.

Smokey

Killthee said:
We have room in the GAFs clan. Post your PSN ID & timezone and I'll add you to the roster.

My server is up BTW.
GAF-CTF/ZNS
Max Players 20
Ranked

dbswisha
Central time zone

cilonen

Killthee said:

My server is up BTW.
GAF-CTF/ZNS
Max Players 20
Ranked

Sounds good, I'll try to get on a bit later if GAFu is a bit sparse.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
PistolGrip said:
a lot of complaints about there not being enough servers. Cant you create your own?

It's not that there's not enough servers, it's that there's not enough ranked servers. You can create your own Player server to play a game, but you can't create your own ranked server to play a ranked game.

Madman

PistolGrip said:
a lot of complaints about there not being enough servers. Cant you create your own?
Yes. I should have said "more ranked servers" in my post. I don't care if they don't add any. Game is great as is.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Had an awesome experience today...my friend was standing on the wing of my Warhawk, and I was flying in hover mode. We were almost to the base and I had missle lockon...so he jumped from the wing as I exploded...and he landed DIRECTLY on the enemy flag. He didn't get far, but I can't imagine the look on peoples face to see someone coming from the air like that. :lol

tha_con

Banned
Anyone else getting massive 'game is full' messages?

I haven't had a lot of problems, but my buddy said he tried for at least 20 minutes and couldn't find one room, many saying they were only half full, but upon trying to enter, getting a 'game is full' message.

ANy input?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
tha_con said:

I haven't had a lot of problems, but my buddy said he tried for at least 20 minutes and couldn't find one room, many saying they were only half full, but upon trying to enter, getting a 'game is full' message.

ANy input?

First time I read this complain

yes it's an already covered problem

Killthee said:

My server is up BTW.
GAF-CTF/ZNS
Max Players 20
Ranked

I'm in, I'm on the red team, I'm sad.

DuckRacer

tha_con said:

ANy input?
Yeah... it's happening to a bunch of people (including me), so it's not a unique problem.

tha_con

Banned
TTP said:
First time I read this complain

yes it's an already covered problem

*sigh* Thanks for the sarcasm, that's SO what I needed. I expect you would have me rather search "warhawk problems' for this entire thread?

Thanks though.

Anyway, I played a good 10 games this morning, and had some amazing rounds. Turns out I love sniping and using the bino's. I play a much better 'support role' keeping my teams Warhawk's safe, and killing unsuspecting campers and snipers, rather than running around.

And I tell you, it is absolutely awesome setting up booby traps using vehicles as your bait with proxy mines. Not so awesome when one of your team mates uses a tank to 'get them out of the way' and kills himself (thus, giving you a team kill).

Top Bottom