• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

Ah my main concern for now is just unlocking the stages

In order to unlock the stages you have to reach the first threshold he mentioned and then do one battle with them on your team, or as NPCs, in order to get to the next bond level. Only then do they show up in the camp to talk to and unlock the stage. It's really easy and quick to do once you have access to the one on one option at the teahouse. 3000 gems for +150 bond makes this very fast since you only need 330ish bond to max out the first level.

Man, this game is so much fun. Only in chapter 2 but rocking Sima Zhao, Yukimura, and Xu Huang atm. Love dat giant axe.

I really started on these games with SW1 so I'm not as familiar with the DW characters so it's been fun to learn them.

Only thing I wish this game had was the best menu music ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOcaddi2nPs

SAMURAI SCANNERS, OPTIC LINE, FUSION!!!, and LIMPID LUSTER were all added to the Japanese game during a title update for free. Hopefully we get them free too. There are lots of other music released as DLC for the game too. Basically they sold packs for 100 or 200 yen that had extra weapons, 2 / 3 stages and extra BGM. Here is a list of all the songs that I know about, I may be missing some, that were in the dlc packs:

PENTACORED - Warriors Orochi
DECISIVE BATTLE!! - Warriors Orochi 2
PANDORA (Brass Ver.) - Musou Orochi Z
ANTISPECTER - Warriors Orochi
The Last Battle - Dynasty Warriors 7
EVE - Dynasty Warriors 4
SLASH THE DEMON - Dynasty Warriors 6
Rescue - Samurai Warriors 2
SEASON IN CHINA -AZURE DRAGON- from Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires
FAR ASIAN FANTASIA from Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires
CHANGE THE WORLD from Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends
Heart of the Rebirth from Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends
A WAYS AWAY from Dynasty Warriors 6
Heart of the Growth from Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends
MEMORIES from Dynasty Warriors 5
SPRING OF THE EAST from Dynasty Warriors 6
AVENGING BATTLE from Dynasty Warriors 4
Twin Ax from Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends
IGNITION from Dynasty Warriors 6
Rescue 2 from Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends
Battle of Kawanakajima from Samurai Warriors 2
MY BAD FELLOW from Dynasty Warriors 4
THE WALL OF FATE from Dynasty Warriors 4
NIGHT RAID from Dynasty Warriors 6: Special
Lightning and Blitz -Okehazama- from Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends
SACRED GROUND Ver.2 from Dynasty Warriors 3
O ar Quante from Dynasty Warriors 7
THE MEN OF INTELLIGENCE from Dynasty Warriors 3
Male Roar from Dynasty Warriors 7
Okehazama ~KATANA Mix~ from Samurai Warriors: Katana
Thousand Suns from Dynasty Warriors 7
HARBINGER from Warriors Orochi 2
A GREAT GIANT from Dynasty Warriors 6
Crush 'em All from Dynasty Warriors 7
Raging Waves from Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends
LIMPID LUSTER (Piano Ver.) from Musou Orochi Z
DYNASTY MARCH from Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires
THE MOUNTAIN KNOWS from Dynasty Warriors 6
MOMENTS OF PEACE from Dynasty Warriors 5
INCARNATION OF EVIL from Warriors Orochi
BATTLE OF GUANDU from Dynasty Warriors 4
BATTLE OF ODAWARA from Samurai Warriors 2
Shukku -Soku- (Fast Drive -Speed-) - New song
Chouyaku -Waza- (Jump -Technique-) - New song
Genwaku -Sen- (Bedazzle -Wonder-) - New song
Shiretsu -Chikara- (Extremity -Power-) - New song

Marvie_3

Banned
The music in the stage where you find Yue Ying is fucking great. I can't wait until someone rips the OST for WO3.

Edit: How many extra battles (bottom 2 rows, gray circles) are there?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ah my main concern for now is just unlocking the stages

That's the thing though. You'll need to raise Bonds past Lv. 1 to unlock the stages. So you'll have to do at least one battle with each set of officers required for the stages.

Would you hate me if I suggested that the subtitle be changed?

Haha, man, outdated titles must really bug you, huh? You talked about the title potentially being changed way back on page one. :lol

I personally don't think it needs changed. I think people are smart enough to figure out what it means even if it's not quite current. But I'll leave it up to the rest of the thread. Should I change the title?

Marvie_3

Banned
That's the thing though. You'll need to raise Bonds past Lv. 1 to unlock the stages. So you'll have to do at least one battle with each set of officers required for the stages.

Haha, man, outdated titles must really bug you, huh? You talked about the title potentially being changed way back on page one. :lol

I personally don't think it needs changed. I think people are smart enough to figure out what it means even if it's not quite current. But I'll leave it up to the rest of the thread. Should I change the title?
Nah. Not that important.

Just finished the game. The last stages look amazing.

I think this is my favorite Warriors game since the very first Samurai Warriors. Maybe even better than that. I just want to play this all the time.

What I've been doing so far is just using the random button for party selection. I likes me some randomness, and since normal isn't really very hard (occasional dumb musuo-deaths are the only real worry so far), I can deal with having a subpar team.

Going to have to de-random a little bit though, as a few of my characters have packed inventories from lottery tickets so they need to fusion and such. Also didn't know the tea parties wouldn't pass the threshholds, so I guess I'll have to take that into account to make me de-randomize a bit too.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think this is my favorite Warriors game since the very first Samurai Warriors. Maybe even better than that. I just want to play this all the time.

What I've been doing so far is just using the random button for party selection. I likes me some randomness, and since normal isn't really very hard (occasional dumb musuo-deaths are the only real worry so far), I can deal with having a subpar team.

Going to have to de-random a little bit though, as a few of my characters have packed inventories from lottery tickets so they need to fusion and such. Also didn't know the tea parties wouldn't pass the threshholds, so I guess I'll have to take that into account to make me de-randomize a bit too.

I'd kill to be able to just throw away weapons. Having to fuse them to open inventory slots is stupid.

I'd kill to be able to just throw away weapons. Having to fuse them to open inventory slots is stupid.

Well, you get to when you get one too many, but it's annoying in the interface.

I wish I could sell them for some fairly trivial amount of gems, because between the tea parties and weapons I have a lot to spend gems on

Marvie_3

Banned
Well, you get to when you get one too many, but it's annoying in the interface.

I wish I could sell them for some fairly trivial amount of gems, because between the tea parties and weapons I have a lot to spend gems on

Yeah I know but I mean just throw one away from the menu anywhere. Preferably in that fat, worthless fuck Xu Zhu's face.

EYEL1NER

It's a shame that Achilles is apparently shit, because I just got him. I'm a bit reluctant to jump into using him right now though, and I was so excited for him too.

Got two quick questions:
When do 4 Star weapons start popping? Just completed Sekigahara and only have about 3 from the lotto.
Also, what game is this Cao Ren from? It's weird seeing him without his shield...

EYEL1NER

DW7, where they gave him a flail to use. He does get back his buster shield in a DLC that came out after WO3, so we're stuck with him using a flail.
Well that explains it then. I own and started playing 7, but it got files away into my backlog last fall.

I actually forgot how much fun Xiahou Yuan is. His EX and Musou are both so much fun to do.

I just now got to use Xiahou Yuan and I love all the changes they made to his moveset. Using his EX and R1 creates a Rain of Arrowy Death. I tend to use both of those and then C6 while they are being hit. With so many of his charges having lots of range + activating elements he is simply a blast to play as.

Seriously considering this but I need to know first how the co-op is. I don't intend to play the game in SP at all, just want to buy it to play with my friend in online co-op. Can you go through to the entire campaign in co-op or is it just a side mode? Was pretty disappointed with DW7 and GW3 online so hoping this one is the real deal.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Seriously considering this but I need to know first how the co-op is. I don't intend to play the game in SP at all, just want to buy it to play with my friend in online co-op. Can you go through to the entire campaign in co-op or is it just a side mode? Was pretty disappointed with DW7 and GW3 online so hoping this one is the real deal.

Unfortunately, you can't go through the story mode online, since to play a stage online, both players need to have already cleared it.

As far as i can tell you can only do levels both people have already cleared offline and you can only clear one level at a time, it then boots both players back to there offline. I wouldn't reccomend the game for coop alone to be perfectly honest.

Unfortunately, you can't go through the story mode online, since to play a stage online, both players need to have already cleared it.

As far as i can tell you can only do levels both people have already cleared offline and you can only clear one level at a time, it then boots both players back to there offline. I wouldn't reccomend the game for coop alone to be perfectly honest.

Thanks for the replies, shame was looking forward to this one, especially since it seems to be the best DW game to date... Now to hope DW8 will have a proper co-op campaign then.

Thanks for the replies, shame was looking forward to this one, especially since it seems to be the best DW game to date... Now to hope DW8 will have a proper co-op campaign then.

Possible coop with a friend was pretty high up on the list of reasons we got the game, so needless to say i'm in the same boat. There has been a serious lack of quality online coop games lately.

ironcreed

Banned
I would love to be able to finish it, but my PS3 just bit the dust. I'll probably pick it up for the 360 later on down the road or wait until I get another PS3. It is shit like this that makes me a firm believer in owning a physical copy of a game.

It's a shame that Achilles is apparently shit, because I just got him. I'm a bit reluctant to jump into using him right now though, and I was so excited for him too.
As I have just recently outed myself in the other thread on the fact that I worked on Troy, I feel like I might as well pop in here and say this: Honestly, not surprised. I haven't picked up the game yet (difficult to find in Canada for the 360), but watching the videos of them placing Achilles in the game, it's obvious that they just restitch and repurposed them for Orochi 3, and they didn't really bother doing a whole lot for it either. If you've played Troy (and really, who has), you'll realize that all their characters would be Power characters, all of them would be too damn slow, weapon range too damn short, and not enough crowd-clearing moves for them to be interesting or useful. It's too bad, but oh well.

EYEL1NER

If you've played Troy (and really, who has)
I will sometime soon, I hope. I was so irritated that the 360 port was cancelled and that the Euro version is not region-free. But I'm just now getting over it I guess. I own a PS3, I just prefer my multiplatform games on 360.
But I'll be tracking down a copy sometime soon. It can sit there next to my PS3 copies of DWG1 and Sengoku Basara.

So about the ps3 disc version, anyone knows how much install space needed?

If you download in the background, you will need 22 GB. The game itself is 11 GB. I had no choice but to download in the background because my internet is crap and cuts out every couple hours.

Are there any stats for how much damage the various elements do when maxed? It would be helpful in deciding which ones to use.

What the fuck did they do to Wei Yan.... :(

Design wise or moveset? I personally think his moveset rocks in this game and I use him with his DW5 outfit so no issue on that front either.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Design wise or moveset? I personally think his moveset rocks in this game and I use him with his DW5 outfit so no issue on that front either.

He's still awesome, he's my favorite character. But my god he's so toned down now.

He was broken as fuck in WO1

He's still awesome, he's my favorite character. But my god he's so toned down now.

He was broken as fuck in WO1

This is sadly the case with a lot of characters (especially all of the previous Tech characters with broken Ex-Charge attacks). I just pretty much see this as a completely new game, instead of an extension of the old ones, and find new favs to use. This way I can fully enjoy this while also going back to WOZ occasionally and still enjoying that because of how much has drastically changed between the old games and this one.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This is sadly the case with a lot of characters (especially all of the previous Tech characters with broken Ex-Charge attacks). I just pretty much see this as a completely new game, instead of an extension of the old ones, and find new favs to use. This way I can fully enjoy this while also going back to WOZ occasionally and still enjoying that because of how much has drastically changed between the old games and this one.

I think I'm just a little sad he's not a speed character anymore.

Edit: and now xing cai is.... OMG they made her fucking insane LOL I no longer have complaints :p

EYEL1NER

Is there a timer or anything anywhere in the game? I'll feel dumb if it's there but I haven't seen one. I miss being able to see how much time I've put in, like in the Gundam games.

But maybe it's something that isn't in most of the mainline games, I can't remember.

Is there a timer or anything anywhere in the game? I'll feel dumb if it's there but I haven't seen one. I miss being able to see how much time I've put in, like in the Gundam games.

But maybe it's something that isn't in most of the mainline games, I can't remember.

It's probably in the in-battle menu, maybe in the upper right corner or so, IIRC.

Though, I don't remember DW7 actually having a timer. Or if it did, it was way too hidden for me to notice it.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
After playing around with most of the characters I've decided on Xingcai, Zhenji, and Aya to be my main team. Gracia and Ayane will switch in every now and then. Xingcai stays no matter what since she's been my favorite character since DW5.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
After playing around with most of the characters I've decided on Xingcai, Zhenji, and Aya to be my main team. Gracia and Ayane will switch in every now and then. Xingcai stays no matter what since she's been my favorite character since DW5.

Yeah I've always used her since then too. I've always liked her toolset, plus she's pretty :D

MoxManiac

I think Koei really needs to put up a playable demo of the game with the hydra prologue stage; it's very rare that a first stage in a musou game is as epic as this; it might sway some fence sitters. Have the demo end after Kagura whisks everyone away and explains who she is.

I don't know if there is anything in game to tell you this, but you can see
Play time, Characters unlocked, Stages cleared, and if you have Interim save data by looking at your save in the Save Data Utility (PS3) menu (I assume the same goes for the 360 version as well, but I can't say from experience).

Tizoc

Bad habit of mine, sad to say ^_^;
If the subtitle doesn't get changed...then at least it might interest other members to pick it up. For one thing it helped me to not get NG3 (and I was OK with NGS2 on PS3 =P)

I think Koei really needs to put up a playable demo of the game with the hydra prologue stage; it's very rare that a first stage in a musou game is as epic as this; it might sway some fence sitters. Have the demo end after Kagura whisks everyone away and explains who she is.

I agree 100%! That first stage blew me away! The huge map, hundreds of mobs being obliterated every few minutes, the music, dialogue/plot line, etc.

EYEL1NER

Just got my first guy lvled up to 99, Sima Zhao. And Ayane is not too far behind him.

I have to say I am super-disappointed with Hanzo though. I was so excited to get him but man is that costume fucking lame. Had to unlock his alt pretty quickly. I'm guessing that costume is from SW3? It would make sense, what with some of the other atrocious character designs from that game.
He feels gimped as hell too. I would turn him into a beast in the other Orochi games but he feels weak as shit in this one. His C3 (I think it's C3) is terrible for crowd-clearing now. Just all around bad.

And the 'no English dub' news didn't bother me at all, because I couldn't care less about then, but upon hearing Hanzo talk, I was a bit saddened to realize that I won't be hearing the old 'David Hayter sound-a-like' VA anymore.
Oh well though.

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah I've always used her since then too. I've always liked her toolset, plus she's pretty :D

<3 her DW6 outfit. One of my mains too, next to Nu Wa XD Tho my main team right now is like Nu Wa, Yue Ying, and Toshiie. (Think I had Ina but wanted to round by my team from being all female lawlz)

Xater

It's here guys!

3b14dad47f2111e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg

Top Bottom