• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

EYEL1NER

Just beat the game and got the normal and good endings. I think I am sitting around maybe 105 characters or so? So it is going to be some time tomorrow before I can get the true ending. Maybe sometime today, since I guess it is technically Saturday now. Hopefully I wake up by noon so I can get started again.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So Koei is holding a survey for North American owners of Warriors Orochi 3. This is a rare chance for NA Musou fans to give official feedback to Koei. I definitely recommend everyone in this thread do the survey. It's not long, only one page and takes less than five minutes.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/wo3_na

Shadow780

So Koei is holding a survey for North American owners of Warriors Orochi 3. This is a rare chance for NA Musou fans to give official feedback to Koei. I definitely recommend everyone in this thread do the survey. It's not long, only one page and takes less than five minutes.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/wo3_na

I voice the desire for SW3Z and Empires to be brought here DD-only if somehow that circumvent Nintendo's exclusivity.

Welp I got back into DW7:XL last night and the DW bug has hit me with the fury of a thousand suns. What version would you guys recommend me get, PSN or 360? Is there any technical differences? How's the online play (I don't have an active 360 subscription right now, but I do have a spare 3 month card lying around)? Also any change the EU PS3 version would work with a US PS3?

MoxManiac

Welp I got back into DW7:XL last night and the DW bug has hit me with the fury of a thousand suns. What version would you guys recommend me get, PSN or 360? Is there any technical differences? How's the online play (I don't have an active 360 subscription right now, but I do have a spare 3 month card lying around)? Also any change the EU PS3 version would work with a US PS3?

AFAIK the only difference is 360's CGI movies are worse quality. Otherwise it comes down to personal preference (controller, whether it's important to you to have a disc, etc)

AFAIK the only difference is 360's CGI movies are worse quality. Otherwise it comes down to personal preference (controller, whether it's important to you to have a disc, etc)

Yea I'm definitely a disc type of person. All my past DW games were with the dualshock so I kinda want to stick with that. Are there any EU GAF here that could hook a brother up? Or does anyone know of any good sites to import the PAL PS3 version? I know amazon uk doesn't ship to the US :/

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yea I'm definitely a disc type of person. All my past DW games were with the dualshock so I kinda want to stick with that. Are there any EU GAF here that could hook a brother up? Or does anyone know of any good sites to import the PAL PS3 version? I know amazon uk doesn't ship to the US :/

Just remember, if you get the EU version, you'll have to get EU PSN cards to buy DLC. And there's a looooot of DLC coming for this. Stages, weapons, music, costumes. Loads of stuff.

Just remember, if you get the EU version, you'll have to get EU PSN cards to buy DLC. And there's a looooot of DLC coming for this. Stages, weapons, music, costumes. Loads of stuff.

T.T why you have to hurt me so sony...damnit...fine I'll just dl the psn version then :p

PSN ID: Razgriz417

Mrbob

Bad idea to attempt Chaos difficulty with my level 40 ish characters. I did take out like 6 generals with Ryu on a one star chaos map but two hits to Sun Shang Xiang from a general finished me! I probably could finish it if I spam Ryu's Izuna attack the entire time, wreaking massive splash damage and avoiding enemy attacks. Feels a bit cheesy, tho!

I voice the desire for SW3Z and Empires to be brought here DD-only if somehow that circumvent Nintendo's exclusivity.

I did the same. I told them my thoughts on the game, that I had no issue with the Japanese only voices but was disappointed in it being PSN only on US PS3, and that I would gladly welcome SW3Z and SW3E to be released this way (digital/no dub) if need be.

EYEL1NER

What are the negatives of having games region-free? I want to ask them to start doing away with the region-lock on their 360 games, but I feel like I don't know enough about the issue so I might not be thinking of a reason that would hugely support locking.

What are the negatives of having games region-free? I want to ask them to start doing away with the region-lock on their 360 games, but I feel like I don't know enough about the issue so I might not be thinking of a reason that would hugely support locking.

I'm not sure, but haven't every game they released for 360 come out in English anyways? Usually that's a good sign of an English release coming since 360 is mostly dead in Japan.

Was browsing PSN and saw the description mention that this has characters from Trinity: Souls of Zil O'll in it. Could someone tell me which of the characters are in or if it features all 3?

God, I loved that game.

Marvie_3

Banned
Was browsing PSN and saw the description mention that this has characters from Trinity: Souls of Zil O'll in it. Could someone tell me which of the characters are in or if it features all 3?

God, I loved that game.

Nemea is the only one from Trinity in WO3.

hitmon

Does this require an internet connection to play once its downloaded? I'm pretty close to biting the bullet on this. Damn digital only release (PS3).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm not happy at all. That character was virtually had no presence in the game. -_-

He says a line or two after one stage.....I think.......

Nemea has a pretty big presence in Trinity. I don't know what y'all are talking about. Plus, Nemea is the only character to appear in every game of the Zill O'll franchise. So really, he's kinda an important character.

Does this require an internet connection to play once its downloaded? I'm pretty close to biting the bullet on this. Damn digital only release (PS3).

Nope, there's no DRM or anything. The only PSN games with DRM are a couple of Capcom games (Bionic Commando Rearmed and Final Fight Double Impact). Download away.

Heh I was in the same boat this morning. Na, it doesn't require you to be online I believe, though there is an online component (haven't tried it yet). Hands down the most fun I've had with a DW type game in a while. Never played Orochi 1/2 and SW 1/2 so I'm still kinda lost as to who these characters are (just finished chapter 1) but enjoying it nonetheless

a mate bought this round last night and we played a few hours of it. Gotta say, best musou game i've played this gen. (Orochi 2 ps3 was second best of course) Going to have to pick up a copy myself now.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Finished S-ranking everyone in Wu. Think I'm gonna work on some SW characters next. Not looking forward to having to use Shingen and Yoshimoto, though. Ugh.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
On a unrelated note... XING CAI <3

Xingcai-dw7art.jpg

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Xing Cai is definitely the best girl in the series. Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so.

EYEL1NER

Just got my True Ending. I'm not going to take a break from the game yet, but I am going to try to get more than two hours of sleep in a night now. S ranks for everyone is gonna be a bitch though. I plan on maxing this out on achievements. The first Orochi game was one of my first 1000/1000 games, but there was too much grinding in the second for me to complete it.

And that ending.....I hope we can get a fourth Orochi game. But I have no clue where they could take the story or who they could add.

I still want then to bring One Piece over, so that would tide me over for the wait for DW8 I suppose. Not a big One Piece fan but I want to play the game. Maybe I'll track down a copy of Legends of Troy too.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Finally, got S proficiency with all the Wei and Samurai 1/2 characters. On to the Wu and Samurai 3 characters. I'm mixing one Dynasty and one Samurai character while I grind for proficiency with Dodomeki's skill.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Finally, got S proficiency with all the Wei and Samurai 1/2 characters. On to the Wu and Samurai 3 characters. I'm mixing one Dynasty and one Samurai character while I grind for proficiency with Dodomeki's skill.

Holy shit, why didn't I think of that? Stealing this idea.

Will make Prof grinding much less tedious.

TreIII

And that ending.....I hope we can get a fourth Orochi game. But I have no clue where they could take the story or who they could add.

I still want then to bring One Piece over, so that would tide me over for the wait for DW8 I suppose.

I wouldn't worry. Even if Omega Force doesn't like doing Orochi games all the time, they're such good moneymakers that they have no reason NOT to come back to them every few years, in between designated SW and DW sequels.

Of course, I'm of the opinion that the "Mystics/Legendary Heroes" are more interesting to me as characters unto themselves. Wouldn't mind at all if they got their own Musou series, in a sort of "SRWOG" type of thing where they don't have to have the DW/SW characters around to do their own thing. I've been having so much fun playing around with Nezha, Shuten Doji and Susanoo, that I really don't want to face the notion that I might have to wait another 2-3 years for them to be in a "new" game.

What am I missing here? How does that make it less tedious?

I'm thinking it may have to do with how DW and SW characters have different combo trees. I don't know, just a wild guess on my part. I definitely made sure to get Dodomeki to S rank so his proficiency skill was more potent. Did the same with Gyuki... It was irritating using Gyuki until I gave him a Chocolate Ice Cream cone and ran around in circles spamming his dash stomp. Got 2k kills in 10 minutes! XD

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What am I missing here? How does that make it less tedious?

Eh, just more variety I guess. Doing Samurai characters I miss stuff like EX moves. So really, I guess it'll just make grinding Prof for the Samurai characters less tedious. I generally tend to like DW characters a bit better.

Marvie_3

Banned
Eh, just more variety I guess. Doing Samurai characters I miss stuff like EX moves. So really, I guess it'll just make grinding Prof for the Samurai characters less tedious. I generally tend to like DW characters a bit better.

Ah. I thought there might have been some proficiency boost by mixing them. :lol

Top Bottom