• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Excellent post, SAB. Thanks for clearing that up!

I'm thinking about going through the thread and putting some of the more helpful information people have posted into the OP, and your post would definitely go in if I decide to do so.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Excellent post, SAB. Thanks for clearing that up!

I'm thinking about going through the thread and putting some of the more helpful information people have posted into the OP, and your post would definitely go in if I decide to do so.

Glad to help:) I know I was annoyed when I heard those rumors, but was happy to find that everything worked out better than expected once getting the game. The addition of 2P being able to play their own charas was such a nice buff after Orochi 2.

---

As far as the DLC weps... I'm sure we'll find out info on them soon enough. I'd buy a DLC weapon that gives Nene her charge attack ranges back :/ Ayane is basically the new Nene, but I like the original too! :(

(That tidbit earlier about big stars getting bonus attributes at max is very interesting. Going to have to look into that!)

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I really hope that the DLC stages show up soon. Not buying the weapon one that just came out since I don't use those characters. I wish that Koei would release all the DLC asap. All the DW7 ones are behind and started coming out when I was pretty much done with the game.

So Koei is charging $2 for 4 weapon skins in Orochi while also charging $2 for 2 brand new weapons sets in DW7? Way to keep a consistent pricing model guys >_<.

Kincaido

I don't think Koei has ever done any full pack DLC aside from the costume pack in DW Next.

Playing as Cao Pi in this made me think, I'd like to see him get the conjoined blades back in the future but keeping some of the charges he got here.

The only consistency they have to wanting your moniz ^^

Well they got it for the 7 weapons released today (Lightning Sword is amazing) but no way am I buying the WO3 skins.

I use Bao + Pleiades Belts on the characters you are farming for. She can dice through Chaos easily with the right weapon setup (well pretty much anyone can really), plus you get the benefit of her passive ability enhancing your weapon drops.

DarkCloud

Those all sound like the Dream stages from WO2 and if so count me in. I'll buy all of them. I just hope they don't strip the music from them and release them seperately in packs. However I'm sure we will get raked over the coals on the price as 1.25 for 2/3 stages and 5 songs will not be in the cards. I think the average pack in DW7 has been 3$ each.

On the plus side those Strikeforce outfits will have to be bundled at a cheaper price...$1.25 per character would never sell over here.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Gracia has the ability to enhance weapon drops too I think.

I think the 3 with Fortune are Xiao Quao, Gracia, and Bao Sanniang. Because... cute girls attract better weapons and items?

Mix these with Prosperity and / or Providence, and you have some fantastic equip farming:)

I think the 3 with Fortune are Xiao Quao, Gracia, and Bao Sanniang. Because... cute girls attract better weapons and items?

Mix these with Prosperity and / or Providence, and you have some fantastic equip farming:)

I tend to just use my Bao with a maxed out Jade Spinner on Chaos stages (playing as her) and farming for 2 other characters, instead of using 2 of those 3 with Fortune and farming for 1 other character. I did forget to mention the Prosperity thing tho, that's very useful for getting extra weapon box drops.

Those all sound like the Dream stages from WO2 and if so count me in. I'll buy all of them. I just hope they don't strip the music from them and release them seperately in packs. However I'm sure we will get raked over the coals on the price as 1.25 for 2/3 stages and 5 songs will not be in the cards. I think the average pack in DW7 has been 3$ each.

On the plus side those Strikeforce outfits will have to be bundled at a cheaper price...$1.25 per character would never sell over here.

I wouldn't except there to be too much of a price hike between the Japanese and US DLC releases. The Japanese vs US cost for DW7 DLC isn't that major of a difference (minus the fact that we get charged for some of the earlier / pre-order bonus stuff they got for free). It is about equivalent to Japan's prices, or slightly more in some cases.

- The DW 4-6 Costume packs were free in Japan and $1 each here. We should have got these for free as well, but $1 per game outfit pack isn't too expensive.

- The DW3 Costume pack was 300 yen in Japan and $1 here. We actually got this for less, surprisingly.

- The Original Costume Packs are 500 yen / $5 per faction. Basically price parity.

- The Legend Stage Packs were sold for 200 yen per pack in Japan and $4 for a double pack here. Price parity.

- The New Stage and BGM packs were sold for 200 yen in Japan and $3 here. Slighty more expensive in the US.

- The Xtreme Stage Packs were sold for 100 yen in sets of 2 in Japan and $3 in sets of 4. Slighty more expensive in the US.

- Brand new weapons sets were sold for 100 yen in Japan per weapon and $2 per 2 pack here. Price parity.

- Weapon Rank packs were sold in packs for 100 yen each in Japan and $2 for a double pack here.

The only stage packs I'm unsure about are the DW2 stage packs which are $4 for double packs in the US. I'm going to assume it's similar to the Legend stage packs that are sold for 200 yen in Japan.

I need a Vita version dammit, grind whenever and wherever I can.

If they put a CAW mode on there and add the DLC weapons from 7 that aren't in WO3 and I'll double dip in a splitsecond (I don't even have my own Vita either, xD).

My dream musou game is Orochi Empires w/ either weapon switch or a CAW mode that has every moveset they've ever done available for your chharacter. This way they can keep the roster with their current movesets as is, while also bringing back all the forgotten movesets from before as extras (the DW7 DLC only ones, the ones from DW6, the pre-DW6 movesets, Oichi / Masamune's original movesets, and heck why not the SW1 movesets for characters who got changed to normal types in 2). However, something this huge would never be made, so I'd be content with just having an Orochi Empires game at all.

Wow, I'm amazed that they are releasing more than one set of DLC in a month.

So, good pricing for the BGM, stages and costumes. I am actually surprised that the wallpaper set sounds pretty good compared to the wallpapers that have been released for DW7/XL.

On a related note, how does one set the wallpaper to become random in the loading screen? Is it only on free mode and not in story mode, since I never seem to be able to change the loading screen from the generic the land is dead backdrop.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Does anyone know if the DLC stages are new maps, or just maps that are already in the game with new enemy configurations/objectives?

Marvie_3

Banned
On a related note, how does one set the wallpaper to become random in the loading screen? Is it only on free mode and not in story mode, since I never seem to be able to change the loading screen from the generic the land is dead backdrop.
I've been trying to figure this out as well.

Kincaido

I'll buy the stage and costume packs. I don't see any reason to buy the wallpaper pack since you don't really look at the wallpapers long. Don't know about spending $2 on two tracks. Gotta listen to them first.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
All I know is that OPTIC LINE had better be in the Stage/Music DLC pack. Seriously.

Also I NEED the DW4 costume pack ASAP. Pang Tong misses his pimp hat.

All I know is that OPTIC LINE had better be in the Stage/Music DLC pack. Seriously.

Also I NEED the DW4 costume pack ASAP. Pang Tong misses his pimp hat.

I'm surprised it isn't in the game already since Japan got it in their update patch a while ago.

It sucks we have to pay for the costumes that Japan got for free, but $1 for all the non-SW3 cast it isn't too bad. I'm eager for them to release the other costumes now, although I care much more about the DW4 one than the DW3 one.

The stage pack price is also great since it's a combination of 2 packs Japan got for 100 yen each. For anyone interested, the music from those packs were:
PENTACORED - Warriors Orochi
DECISIVE BATTLE!! - Warriors Orochi 2
PANDORA (Brass Ver.) - Musou Orochi Z
ANTISPECTER - Warriors Orochi
The Last Battle - Dynasty Warriors 7
EVE - Dynasty Warriors 4
SLASH THE DEMON - Dynasty Warriors 6
Rescue - Samurai Warriors 2

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Welp, I've officially surpassed the 100 hour mark! :D

It's funny. I started to get REAL bored with the game around the 70 hour mark. But I put my head down and powered through and now it's just as fun as ever.

I'm pretty sure this is the most time I've ever put into a Musou game on my own, as well. I've got a 110 hour save file for DWG2, but a good majority of that was local co-op with a friend. I'll surpass that soon enough, anyway.

EYEL1NER

I wish I knew how much time I had put in so far. Not close to 100 yet, but I have no clue.

I think my most time in a Warriors game was also DWG2. Somewhere above 70, close to 80 hours. And I know my DWG3 save has to be close to that.

Kincaido

You can check how much time you spent by checking your save data utility. I've spent around 70 hours on this game. Almost finished grinding everyone's proficiency. Just need about half the Jin cast and the Other 2 category then I'll be done. Hopefully I can do it tomorrow.

This game is so addictive! I think I might just plat this game....not because I want to get a plat...but because I just can't stop playing it!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I really wish this game had some sort of stat counter. Like total overall KOs, total officers killed, etc. The stuff it gives you on the load screens is nice, but it's not enough. Hell, I wish it told you your KO record for each stage on the stage select screen like WO2 did. That would make it a lot easier to remember which stages were better for farming.

Marvie_3

Banned
I really wish this game had some sort of stat counter. Like total overall KOs, total officers killed, etc. The stuff it gives you on the load screens is nice, but it's not enough. Hell, I wish it told you your KO record for each stage on the stage select screen like WO2 did. That would make it a lot easier to remember which stages were better for farming.
Yeah, this would definitely be nice.

Kincaido

I use the one where you rescue Ina for proficiency grinding. I'm guessing the level where you fight Orochi X is the best for weapons. Only played it once and got the Echo attribute for Xingcai.

is the song Samurai Scanners in this game ? DLC at least ?

It was part of the free 1.01 patch update in Japan (along with OPTIC LINE, FUSION!!!, and LIMPID LUSTER). I'm unsure if any of those 4 are in the English version or not (and if they aren't, IDK if they will or won't be released as future DLC).

Kincaido

On PS3 right? I'm on 360. The only thing my save data shows is how big it is and when it was created.

Yeah, on PS3. Unfortunately, I don't think you can look up the time in game. Hopefully there's a way to look it up on 360.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well, that's the first time I've ever had that happen. My AI allies actually killed the final officer in the stage I was playing. I was all the way across the map and suddenly the stage ended in victory for me. I was totally under the impression that it's impossible for that to happen. It's never happened to me in 10+ years of playing Musou games, at least.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
how do i unlock Ch&#333;sokabe Motochika ?

i can fight the hydra and still havent got him. i want some guitar action! :p

TreIII

Well, that's the first time I've ever had that happen. My AI allies actually killed the final officer in the stage I was playing. I was all the way across the map and suddenly the stage ended in victory for me. I was totally under the impression that it's impossible for that to happen. It's never happened to me in 10+ years of playing Musou games, at least.

It happened to me and a friend once before back in SW2, as well. At first I was afraid that somebody died, but to my surprise...the party was over because every AI ganging up on Ieyasu was a success.

My friend and I laughed that day. A lot.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
how do i unlock Ch&#333;sokabe Motochika ?

i can fight the hydra and still havent got him. i want some guitar action! :p

You'll need to unlock The Battle of Liang Province by increasing the bonds between Liu Shan and Guan Suo past Lv. 1, then clear the stage, which will unlock Motochika and Yoshimoto Imagawa.

It happened to me and a friend once before back in SW2, as well. At first I was afraid that somebody died, but to my surprise...the party was over because every AI ganging up on Ieyasu was a success.

My friend and I laughed that day. A lot.

So it's possible, just exceedingly rare. :lol

Top Bottom