• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

Marvie_3

Banned
Started Chaos mode. I was using Lian Shi in Normal, and then I realized that I really like Ryu Hayabusa - I've found Lian Shi to be great for sniping, but Hayabusa's a lot better for crowd control.

Absorption is really nice in Chaos Mode. For a quick heal, I run into a group of enemies, C1 with Ryu for his air juggle, and then follow with his jump charge on the way down. Heals a nice portion.

I haven't found Osmosis to be all that useful (except for Lian Shi, because of her healing special).

I've made Brilliance/Echo weapons for Lian Shi and Ryu - I want to make the same for Ayane and Xu Huang. Ryu, Ayane and Xu Huang might end up being my go to team for Chaos.
Xu Huang is awesome

Lol, I remember someone bitching about his voice in a prior musou thread, and I pointed out that the characterization was exactly the same, but nobody listened.
That was me. :lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's kinda funny. I'd been using Ryu as one of my Chaos characters for a good while, and I just recently realized that I hadn't even gotten a big star weapon leveled for him. He was still running with the Demon Dragon Sword, which only has an attack of 45 when it's maxed out. :lol So I threw Areus' Sword on him, leveled it up, and NOW he's an absolute killing machine on Chaos.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Man, my Xingcai feels ridiculously over powered with Echo, Wind, Slay, and Agility. I really need to max out a big star weapon to see how much better they are.

Kincaido

Just leveled up Xingcai's Overlord Set. Much stronger than her Warlord Set. 10+54 vs. 30+18 is a pretty huge difference.

So, I started using a new set of people for story mode and decided to choose the ranged girls, of Lian Shi, Himiko and Wang Yuanji.

So overpowered. Man, I barely had any trouble smashing my way through and they weren't even fully leveled yet. Why didn't I use them earlier.

I had Agility on Wang's weapon and it felt almost too fast! The timing for her charges was tricky! I ended up taking it off and she is still beast mode.

Kincaido

Yeah, I noticed that some of them are better off without Agility on their weapons. I had the same problem when I put it on Zhu Rong's weapon.

I've playing this like a maniac over the weekend. Gotta say, it's probably my favourite Musou game to date. Finally unlocked all the characters and I'm in the middle of trying out the newcomers.

I never bothered with weapon fusing in WO2 and after experimenting with it here I remember why. Just tried a 10 star Chaos stage for a laugh (first time on Chaos) and unintentionally ended up solo'ing it using a level 31 Kaguya with a 9+0 big star weapon. Weapon set up was Confluence, Wind, Slay, Osmosis, Absorbtion, Agility, Blast, Flak (no Brilliance because I thought it'd be OP). Encounter mob --> R1 --> things die + refill Musou/HP --> R1 --> Triple Attack --> repeat.

Also is Wang Yi's musou screwed up? I keep having officers mid-air flipping out of the last hit.

Also is Wang Yi's musou screwed up? I keep having officers mid-air flipping out of the last hit.

That's happened to me a lot too. I think it has to do with how you connect to them on the up swing. If it is dead on it connects right, otherwise it doesn't directly hit the one focused enemy and she does the weaker version of it, which they tend to air tech out of.

Xander51

Picked up this game on PS3. Loving it so far. I've always been more of a casual Warriors/Omega Force fan, and this is probably my favorite game of theirs since Bladestorm.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Picked up this game on PS3. Loving it so far. I've always been more of a casual Warriors/Omega Force fan, and this is probably my favorite game of theirs since Bladestorm.

Welcome to the party! :D

---

You know, it's funny. I thought that S-ranking everyone would be the most time consuming/monotonous part of the Platinum, but now I'm starting to think Chaos runs might take that title. :lol I'm getting pretty close to S-ranking everyone (Wei, Wu, Shu, and Samurai 1 all done, Jin almost done, Samurai 2 about half done), but I've still got a ton of stages to beat on Chaos.

On that note, if anyone wants to do some Chaos runs online (PS3), just let me know and I'll add you. Just make sure you're prepared. Shit can go downhill REALLY fast on Chaos.

Nah...Chaos run isn't that bad. You just need a few high level characters with rare skills. You can even get some rare skills from Hard mode, then go to town on Chaos mode.

A friend basically solo-ed Chaos mode max stars with Wang Yi.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nah...Chaos run isn't that bad. You just need a few high level characters with rare skills. You can even get some rare skills from Hard mode, then go to town on Chaos mode.

A friend basically solo-ed Chaos mode max stars with Wang Yi.

Oh I know. I've got a good 9-10 characters leveled up for Chaos. Maxed big star weapons, Lv. 50+, rare skills, etc. It's not so much the difficulty, it's just more that I've got so many more of them left to do. :lol I've probably done...10 or 12 stages on Chaos? So I've still got 58-60 to go. Heh. Funny enough, the first stages I did on Chaos were Susano'o's Last Stand and...the one that's exactly that stage, but with Nezha as well as Susano'o. Great stages for farming rare weapon skills.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just a reminder, there's a bunch of DLC coming tomorrow (PSN)/Wednesday (XBL). Anyone picking up the stage pack? I damn sure am, specifically for Eve. Curious about the new weapons that are included, too.

Kincaido

I'll be picking up the stage and costumes for sure tomorrow. Can't wait to play some new stages.

Judging from the current weapon pack being only 4 star weapons, I'm not too excited for the weapons that are included in the DLC tomorrow, but I am looking forward to the stages. Also, I'll be picking up the Samurai Warriors costumes.

EYEL1NER

I'll be getting the stages. I would get the costumes if they were available to me, but alas...

It's a good thing these are coming out this soon though. I have been so tempted lately to get Big Surf Island for Burnout Paradise and I am low on points. I have also been really wanting to get all of the Mass Effect 2 DLC so I can start playing my launch copy of ME3 that has just sat around, but I'll keep putting that off too I suppose. WO3 DLC is worth more to me right now.

I'll probably wait on getting the DLC till I at least finish the story mode.

Can't believe how slow I been on this game. Then again, Graces f is eating a lot of time.

I'm looking forward to the stages as well!! Costume...not much..Maybe only the Strikeforce Awakened version. I find those awesome!

This is actually better...it loads faster!

I need these!
NobunagaSW.jpg

Kanetsugu-wo3-dlc-woorigonal.jpg

Kunoichi-wo3-dlc-sw1alt.jpg

Ina-wo3-dlc-sw1.jpg

Gracia-3rdcostume.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I barely remember playing SW1 at all, so I don't really have much attachment to those costumes. I have no idea how someone could think that Nobunaga costume is anywhere near as cool as his SW2 or SW3 costumes. :lol Gracia and Ina look okay though. It's only a dollar, so I'll probably grab the costume pack just because.

Now, the DW4 costumes, that's a different story. I needs me some pimp hat Pang Tong and pirate Zhou Tai.

(Damn shame it won't have their DW4 alts. Shredder Zhou Tai would be amazing too.)

EYEL1NER

I finally got the survey out of the way and WTF at only allowing 500 words for the comments?!
I had quite a nice, long bit of text but had to pare it down 6 or 7 times. Delete entire sentences, copy and paste so I can see the character count, "Oh, still a couple hundred over?" Delete some more, rinse repeat.
It just makes me assume that they don't care what anyone is going to put and aren't going to read it. That or they are assuming it will be nothing but "Love the game but y u no put English voices?" since that is all anyone anywhere else on the net wants to bitch about.

Oh well, it may not have been the right venue, but I finally voiced my displeasure at the 360 version of Warriors Legends of Troy being cancelled and the PS3 and 360 PAL versions being region-locked. If someone there does read it, I will have finally told someone besides GAF that I am upset about it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I finally got the survey out of the way and WTF at only allowing 500 words for the comments?!
I had quite a nice, long bit of text but had to pare it down 6 or 7 times. Delete entire sentences, copy and paste so I can see the character count, "Oh, still a couple hundred over?" Delete some more, rinse repeat.
It just makes me assume that they don't care what anyone is going to put and aren't going to read it. That or they are assuming it will be nothing but "Love the game but y u no put English voices?" since that is all anyone anywhere else on the net wants to bitch about.

Oh well, it may not have been the right venue, but I finally voiced my displeasure at the 360 version of Warriors Legends of Troy being cancelled and the PS3 and 360 PAL versions being region-locked. If someone there does read it, I will have finally told someone besides GAF that I am upset about it.

The PS3 version of Troy is region locked? I've never heard of a region locked PS3 game before.

EYEL1NER

The PS3 version of Troy is region locked? I've never heard of a region locked PS3 game before.
Yeah, I was wrong about that I guess. I had never heard about it either but was reading a link before posting that said the Xbox 360 version was not region-free, which is a given. But I was searching for PS3 news and did not see where they were talking about the Xbox, so I fucked up.

I'm actually not quite sure if that is the Gracia outfit they will include in the pack tomorrow or not. That was an alt outfit of hers in Orochi 2 / Z, which is what the non-SW1 cast are getting in the pack. They might have a different alt of hers, but I hope it's this one because it's my fav outfit they have done for her. If not, then I'll have to wait for the Bao Sanniang outfit to come out.

Kincaido

<3 that Gracia outfit. I remember reading that the pack includes a Gracia costume. Hope that's it. Also, saw her Bao Sanniang outfit. It looks really good.

EYEL1NER

Edit: NVM. Right after posting I remembered that they were scans. I will do some more searching for them myself.

TreIII

Guys Eurogamer gave it a 8/10: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-11-warriors-orochi-3-review

Are people finally starting to realize why these games are fun?

For right now, I'm calling it a fluke. WO3 is a game that is so loaded with content and playable characters (not to mention the historical relevance is toned down; which makes it far more approachable for those who just want to unlock Ryu and Ayane and play the game as they wish), it's hard to hate.

Let's see what happens by the time the inevitable Samurai Warriors 4 comes out, however...

Xater

For right now, I'm calling it a fluke. WO3 is a game that is so loaded with content and playable characters (not to mention the historical relevance is toned down; which makes it far more approachable for those who just want to unlock Ryu and Ayane and play the game as they wish), it's hard to hate.

Let's see what happens by the time the inevitable Samurai Warriors 4 comes out, however...

I like the historical stuff more. I think the story in Orochi 3 is actually kind of a mess and they do a way better job at retelling the "historic" stuff. They did especially well with DW7 and I really hope SW4 will see the same treatment.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Welp, thanks to either Koei incompetence or Sony incompetence (I'm leaning towards the former), there's no DLC this week after all.

=/

I do find it hilarious that someone messed up. Not even the first time this happened to a Warriors game where I think in February, the DLC for DW7/XL was late by a week or so.

As I am nearing the end of the game or so, and I am unlocking like character after character, what's a good level should they be before they are considered decent enough for the later stages? Will it just be 20 or higher when they unlock all their moves or does their weapons and abilities matter more?

Yeah, I was wrong about that I guess. I had never heard about it either but was reading a link before posting that said the Xbox 360 version was not region-free, which is a given. But I was searching for PS3 news and did not see where they were talking about the Xbox, so I fucked up.
PS3 isn't region locked, 360 is. Sadly, it was one of the most frustrating things that I had to deal with at work, and I had spent time trying to find out how to revert it after finding out that the North American 360 version was cancelled. I think I still have a screenshot of me getting 1000 achievement points on the 360 version of Troy.

Top Bottom