• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

DarkCloud

Not on 360 either. Though we did finally get the DW7 dlc that PS3 users got last week as well as 8 wallpaper packs. Odd on that part as I was under the impression those were XL exclusive content.

Will it just be 20 or higher when they unlock all their moves or does their weapons and abilities matter more?
By level 20 all character's will get their full movesets. Level 20 characters with untouched 4 star weapons should be able to handle the last few levels of the story on easy and normal just fine. I'm not sure about on Hard, but they should be able to do so at that level with no problem if they have a good weapon. Chaos? I wouldn't even try that without a really good weapon and a decently leveled character (you can die in a few hits even at higher levels).

Bit of info I tested about movesets for anyone interested:

I didn't test this at the lower levels (and there is no officer reset option that I can find) but I know this much about the movesets and when you unlock more for them:

DW Movesets
12: S6, C5
20: C6

SW Normal Movesets
12: S12, C6
16: C8
20: C9

SW Charge Movesets
12: S6, C1-3 through C4-3
16: S8
20: C5

SW Special Movesets
12: S6, C1-2 through C4-2
16: S8
20L C5

I couldn't note when the Orochi exclusive characters unlock new parts to their movesets because they were all at level 20 already when I decided to make this list.

TreIII

I like the historical stuff more. I think the story in Orochi 3 is actually kind of a mess and they do a way better job at retelling the "historic" stuff. They did especially well with DW7 and I really hope SW4 will see the same treatment.

I actually like the fantastical stuff, as it gives Koei an opportunity to just try something different. Not to say I don't still love the more typical Musou, but it's nice to see something a bit unexpected, compared to trouncing Yellow Turbans or seeing Nobunaga going up in flames for the umpteenth time. Besides, with the Orochi games likely being the closest thing I'll get to another Fengshen/Mystic Heroes game, I'll have to take what I can get! :lol

But anyway, I look forward to SW4, but I'm really interesting in seeing where they go from a gameplay aspect. Even 3Z didn't fix all of the qualms I had with Sengoku 3, among them being the "pace". Playing the SW3 characters in Orochi 3 felt more like the characters were at the pace I wanted them to be in the first place.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Quite a bummer that the DLC isn't released. I was really looking forward to it too =/.

Is there an item or a character that will increase the rate of compatibility with a weapon? I'm trying to get max compatibility for all my character's big star weapon. I know Harmony skill increases this. Any idea what is the actual calculation used to increase compatibility? Does higher difficulty make it faster?

I was looking forward to the DLC stages as well. I don't want to keep grinding at the same few stages! Gimme MOAR LEVELS!!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is there an item or a character that will increase the rate of compatibility with a weapon? I'm trying to get max compatibility for all my character's big star weapon. I know Harmony skill increases this. Any idea what is the actual calculation used to increase compatibility? Does higher difficulty make it faster?

I was looking forward to the DLC stages as well. I don't want to keep grinding at the same few stages! Gimme MOAR LEVELS!!

Get Gyuki up to S-Rank, then put him on your team. Having him on your team will increase the rate at which compatibility rises.

Star rating MIGHT affect compatibility, I'm not sure. I know it affects Prof. gain.

Gyuki's proficiency affects his character ability as well? WOW...I didn't know that the proficiency has any effect at all..I thought it just unlocks costumes and wallpaper. LOL

Prof. increases the effect of everyone's passive abilities.

As far as I can tell star rating effects both prof. and comp. experience gained. I tend to use Rescue at Yiling (rescuing Ina stage) for both of these. 9 star stage with tons of enemies + executing the fire attack makes them even easier to mow down. Difficulty shouldn't matter, I do this with level 12-20 characters on Easy.

I hope at least one of the DLC stages will be good for grinding like this, although by the time they actually get released I will prob be done with most of my grinding, >_<.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm still not on the WO3 train yet, but as a fellow Musou fan I'm glad to see a Musou OT finally getting a lot of activity here. Has anyone here considered making a Musou thread for Community yet? I don't believe that we have one and this thread would seem to prove that we have enough people to sustain a general Musou thread not devoted to any particular game. If any of you are interested in the idea, I'll leave it to you guys to decide who gets the honors of making it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm still not on the WO3 train yet, but as a fellow Musou fan I'm glad to see a Musou OT finally getting a lot of activity here. Has anyone here considered making a Musou thread for Community yet? I don't believe that we have one and this thread would seem to prove that we have enough people to sustain a general Musou thread not devoted to any particular game. If any of you are interested in the idea, I'll leave it to you guys to decide who gets the honors of making it.

I actually have thought of that. Wasn't really sure how to go about it, though. Now that someone else has brought it up and I know there's some interest in it, I'll have to put some more thought into it. Maybe collaborate with Adawg, since, although I'm a HUGE Musou fan, he's 10x the fan I am.

And yeah, I'm super glad this thread has gotten as much activity as it has. I actually think it's got more posts than any other Musou game OT ever.

Marvie_3

Banned

This is a pretty good idea.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I actually have thought of that. Wasn't really sure how to go about it, though. Now that someone else has brought it up and I know there's some interest in it, I'll have to put some more thought into it. Maybe collaborate with Adawg, since, although I'm a HUGE Musou fan, he's 10x the fan I am.

And yeah, I'm super glad this thread has gotten as much activity as it has. I actually think it's got more posts than any other Musou game OT ever.

However you'd like to delegate thread-making responsibilities is fine, I just thought I'd get the ball rolling by introducing the idea. Hopefully something comes to be out of this! I'm small potatoes as far as Musou fans go, but I'm willing to collaborate if you're interested.

I think you're probably right about WO3's OT being the most successful Musou OT ever. I lurked here for a long time before I was approved in the last junior rush and followed the DW7 thread closely. It got 500-600 posts thereabouts, and I thought that was surprisingly big for a Musou OT then. With the activity of some superfans like you and Adawg, I think that we're finally at the point where we can convert the momentum of this thread into something permanent.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
However you'd like to delegate thread-making responsibilities is fine, I just thought I'd get the ball rolling by introducing the idea. Hopefully something comes to be out of this! I'm small potatoes as far as Musou fans go, but I'm willing to collaborate if you're interested.

I think you're probably right about WO3's OT being the most successful Musou OT ever. I lurked here for a long time before I was approved in the last junior rush and followed the DW7 thread closely. It got 500-600 posts thereabouts, and I thought that was surprisingly big for a Musou OT then. With the activity of some superfans like you and Adawg, I think that we're finally at the point where we can convert the momentum of this thread into something permanent.

Agreed. Not sure how soon it'll be done, but it'll definitely be done. If it's gonna happen, I want the OP to be awesome.

In other news, only 36 more characters to S-Rank! :D Unfortunately it's mostly characters I couldn't give a fuck less about. :lol Here I got all excited about never having to use a rapier character ever again, and it turns out I forgot about stupid Yuan Shao. Heh.

Let's see here...36 characters to S-Rank, two per run, 15 minutes per run...18 runs x 15 minutes is...about 4.5 hours to finish up. Not bad. And it'll actually take much less time than that, since I'm not taking into account that a good number of the remaining characters are already ranked up to some degree.

I never really had a problem with using the rapier at least with Liu Shan in this game. Maybe it's because of him being Wonder and spirit dashing.

I am disappointed at how low the cap is for growth points. It feels like it should be much higher.

Marvie_3

Banned
I never really had a problem with using the rapier at least with Liu Shan in this game. Maybe it's because of him being Wonder and spirit dashing.

I am disappointed at how low the cap is for growth points. It feels like it should be much higher.

This annoys me as well. I wasn't paying attention at first and probably lost 50,000 points because of it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
360 players, did the DLC show up today for you like it was supposed to?

Nope, not at all :| Just that DW7 content that was previously posted.
XBL content usually shows up early in the morning (5-8 AM EST), so it's normally known if anything is out around those early times.

So I just started playing Nobunaga....What happened to his moveset? Did he lose a 3rd charge attack on every iteration? In previous Warriors, he has: -

Triangle, Triangle, Triangle
Square, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle
Square, Square, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle
Square, Square, Square, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle

Now, it seems that all the 3rd triangle is missing! I want that psycho crusher move from C3!! Where the heck is it? I've already levelled him up to 30+!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I just started playing Nobunaga....What happened to his moveset? Did he lose a 3rd charge attack on every iteration? In previous Warriors, he has: -

Now, it seems that all the 3rd triangle is missing! I want that psycho crusher move from C3!! Where the heck is it? I've already levelled him up to 30+!

I've done it three times, but sometimes it won't work. I have no idea what's doing it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

From what I gather, the Psycho Crusher on his C3 only triggers now when he's powered up via his R1. But I've had it trigger without the R1 seemingly at random. No idea.

He did gain a C5 though, so that's nice.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm trying to platinum this game, but the one shot kill musou bullshit on normal is really pissing me off. I'm trying to level up everyone's attires then I'll get to the boss without taking much damage. 'Musou' I back up, nope, still dead instantly.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm trying to platinum this game, but the one shot kill musou bullshit on normal is really pissing me off. I'm trying to level up everyone's attires then I'll get to the boss without taking much damage. 'Musou' I back up, nope, still dead instantly.

Haha, Himiko doing you in, or is it someone else? Honestly aside from a few cheap-ass Himiko related deaths, I haven't gotten that many game overs in WO3. I guess the best advice I can give is to go all-out on enemy generals as soon as you see them. Musou, True Triple Musou, etc. Don't give them a chance to nail you with their Musou.

But yeah, fuck Himiko. DAT GODDAMN MUSOU.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Haha, Himiko doing you in, or is it someone else? Honestly aside from a few cheap-ass Himiko related deaths, I haven't gotten that many game overs in WO3. I guess the best advice I can give is to go all-out on enemy generals as soon as you see them. Musou, True Triple Musou, etc. Don't give them a chance to nail you with their Musou.

But yeah, fuck Himiko. DAT GODDAMN MUSOU.

It's actually Liansing because her stage is the quickest one to get through in the game.

Shadow780

Save immediately when you got hit.

The DLC costumes of SW characters cosplaying DW characters (100 yen each) just started getting released in Japan:
http://imgur.com/a/mg3JZ
Keiji = Lu Bu
Nobunaga = Cao Cao
Mitsuhide = Zhou Yu
Kenshin = Xu Huang
Okuni = Diao Chan
Kunoichi = Wamg Yi
Magoichi = Guo Jia
Masamune = Xiahou Dun
Nouhime = Zhurong
Ranmaru = Xiahou Ba
Imagawa = Liu Shan
Tadakatsu = Zhang Fei
Ina = Xing Cai
Nagamasa = Liu Bei
Shimazu = Huang Gai
Ginchiyo = Nuwa
Nene = Sanzang
Kotaro = Wei Yan
Motochika = Sun Ce

The rest of the Samurai cast will be released later. So far we know: Ujiyasu = Sun Jian, Kaihime = Wang Yuanji, and Gracia = Bao Sanniang

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
9rJIP.jpg

HNNNNNNGGGG

I NEED IT NOW

The DLC costumes of SW characters cosplaying DW characters (100 yen each) just started getting released in Japan:
http://imgur.com/a/mg3JZ

The rest of the Samurai cast will be released later. So far we know: Ujiyasu = Sun Jian, Kaihime = Wang Yuanji, and Gracia = Bao Sanniang

While some are great, some don't look that great. I really do like Mitsuhide, Okuni, Magoichi, Ina, Nagamasa, Ginchiyo and Nene.

Wow at No wearing even less.

But, yeah, we need these now along with the rest of them. I would hope that the rest of the overall cast gets these cosplay costume as well, that'll be fun.

I found some of the DLC Wallpapers they released so far:
http://imgur.com/a/knZVg

Oh and apparently they are selling those outfits at 100 yen each but will release packs of them as 500 per section (SW1, SW2 and SW3 groups in the character select screen). So it will be 1500 yen total when they finish all the SW characters. They are also going to be releasing outfits for the Others characters too (I'm not sure if they are original or cosplay).

Kincaido

Awesome, grabbed all of them. No pack for the new outfits? Will buy all the girls outfits whenever they come out here. Especially Ina's. HNNNNGGGGGG I need it now!!!

Edit: Never mind, just saw that there are packs.

Kincaido

Damn, all of the DLC look so good. I'm actually holding myself back on getting the Platinum on this game right now because I'm waiting on some DLC. Will Koei update the game so that you can do character resets? My Xingcai is already level 82.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Damn, all of the DLC look so good. I'm actually holding myself back on getting the Platinum on this game right now because I'm waiting on some DLC. Will Koei update the game so that you can do character resets? My Xingcai is already level 82.

Well... it's not like 99 is op for chaos. It's kinda designed around it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Damn, all of the DLC look so good. I'm actually holding myself back on getting the Platinum on this game because I'm waiting on some DLC. Will Koei update the game so that you can do character resets? My Xingcai is already level 82.

I've heard a couple people say that the JP version had an Officer Reset option patched in, but I haven't seen any proof of that.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
DKkzt.jpg

Obviously the best! Heh, Nene's normal coastume Color 2 is already my favorite color for her in this game, and this outfit of Sanzang's just looks like a more elaborate version of that same scheme.

Some of those are quite cool. Date barely looks like he changed at all, lol. How did Gracia get something so skimpy, when she's been so over-dressed previously? Kai looks pretty great in that get-up, And Solid Ujiyasu looks cool in basically anything. Ginchyo in something so revealing is also kinda strange, though.. and Ranmaru finally get to wears something that makes his body look like a shield!

Koei's texture artist make some pretty nice looking outfits, though. Great how fresh such costumes can feel on different characters (even though these pics give me a bit of a creepy "face pasted onto a different body" feel, somehow...)

Kincaido

Well... it's not like 99 is op for chaos. It's kinda designed around it.

Yeah, I know. It just kind of bores me to know that I've maxed out my character and won't level them up any more.

I've heard a couple people say that the JP version had an Officer Reset option patched in, but I haven't seen any proof of that.

Awesome news, thanks. I might just go ahead and get my Platinum then and reset some of my characters whenever it's released here.

EYEL1NER

HNNNNNNGGGG

I NEED IT NOW
Heh, I thought the same thing when I saw that one. Some of those are looking pretty cool. I'm glad there will be packs too, not just singles.

And you asked about the DLC on 360. You can bet your ass I checked multiple times, just in case. But nope. In addition to not being able to get the game to stores when they were supposed too, they can't get their DLC out either.
C'mon Koei!! Get your shit together!

Congrats MusouGAF on actually hitting 1,000 posts for a Musou game tread! That's pretty crazy.

Anyways, I was looking around at some of the DLC we have to look forward to in the future and I'm pleased that they are bringing back a lot of maps from previous games. I've been trying to confirm what all of the new maps are (and if they come from Orochi Z, DW7 or SW3), but so far the ones I've seen people mention are:
Kawanakajima, Chibi, Wuzhang Plains, Koshi Castle, Yamatai, Itsukushima, Mt. Wu Xing.

Top Bottom