• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

Marvie_3

Banned
Heh, I thought the same thing when I saw that one. Some of those are looking pretty cool. I'm glad there will be packs too, not just singles.

And you asked about the DLC on 360. You can bet your ass I checked multiple times, just in case. But nope. In addition to not being able to get the game to stores when they were supposed too, they can't get their DLC out either.
C'mon Koei!! Get your shit together!
This

DarkCloud

All I want is a stage based on Journey to the West. After the setup joke in the stage where you rescue Sanzang not getting one now would be such a disappointment. Not sure if they'd go with wu kong being evil or wu kong playing the actual wu kong though...

Do you guys use recommended characters for each stage? Do I get any bonus for using them?

I have been actually avoiding using the recommended characters since the first ones since I think you get less missions on that stage if you end up using them as they won't be there to give you missions. Sure, the boost isn't that much but it's still pretty nice to get it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Productive day for me and Adawg. Managed to knock out all of Chapter 4 on Chaos playing online co-op. :D Still a LOT more to do, but we got a lot done too. Always nice. :D

Productive day for me and Adawg. Managed to knock out all of Chapter 4 on Chaos playing online co-op. :D Still a LOT more to do, but we got a lot done too. Always nice. :D

Good times were had indeed. Lots of GP, rare weapon attributes, and gems all around too! I set my Bao (alternatively could have also used Gracia or Xiaoqiao) with +10 Prosperity so I was flooded in great weapons after every stage. I just kept Bao + Zhang Fei in my team and cycled out the last slot to people whose weapons I wanted to build up.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Do you guys use recommended characters for each stage? Do I get any bonus for using them?

It's not a big deal, but any conversations you've heard also appear to be listened to in the gallery sound test.

So yeah, it's all just for character relationship-related stuff. Having them talk to each other, fight by each others sides, passively open up camp conversations between them as you unlock new relationship levels, etc.

I did it just because I like to experience all of the story stuff for these type of games my first time through, but it did make the last 1.5 chapters pretty hard using low leveled characters. After I beat every level I discovered that in the Musou Battlefield mode the option to change quotes basically has a transcript of all the possible conversations you can get in the stage. So I could have just used a main team and read those afterwards, xD.

Also, upon getting all the endings you will also unlock everyone's full voice galleries as well. I stopped talking to anyone in the camp once I finished unlocking all the stages. It's easier to just read the convos in the gallery.

So, I managed to get the Good ending before getting the Normal ending I guess?

Either way, awesome I managed to finish the game. But, I guess this means now I have to grind more to unlock everything. Fun!

I'm at a similar point. I have 40ish more characters to S-Rank but I don't mind this grind at all. It's so damn fun exploring everyone's movesets, especially seeing all the decloning done with the new charge attacks for DW7 EX weapon sharers.

Ex: I like how Guan Ping's charge attacks are now similar to his old ones from DW5, while I just used Xiahou Ba for the first time and his R1 attack makes him so damn fun to play.

Can you unlock new stages in co-op or just play ones you already have unlocked?

Also if anyone knows whether people with the US release can play with people with the PAL release I'd appreciate the info.

So, now I gotta raise some ranks between characters to unlock everyone and stuff.

So, what's the best stage to collect gems? I know spamming triple attacks is the method, but where would be the best?

So, now I gotta raise some ranks between characters to unlock everyone and stuff.

So, what's the best stage to collect gems? I know spamming triple attacks is the method, but where would be the best?

Any stage works really, it's just about doing so on as many groups of enemies as you can. Just use someone like Wang Yuanji, Zhurong, or Shuten Doji who can fill the triple meter super fast. The stage star rankings might influence things, since they tend to affect everything else grind worthy in the game, but I'm unsure of this.

I remember playing an early stage with a low level Shuten Doji and basically getting full meter off 1 or 2 C1s in a crowd. Since I was weak the C1 wasn't killing them but the triple attack did. So I got thousands of kills off triple attacks in that stage and racked in tons of gems.

________

I found full sized versions of the Gracia, Kaihime,and Ujiyasu outfits as well as previews of 2 upcoming wallpapers:

Hopefully i'll get my copy tomorrow ( no i still haven't got mine)

Suck to live in my region ...when my local copy got the game they had only 1 copy ..for the 360

( and i only have a PS3 ).if i knew they would be so inepts , i would have gone for online retailers from the start ...

Hopefully i'll get my copy tomorrow ( no i still haven't got mine)

Suck to live in my region ...when my local copy got the game they had only 1 copy ..for the 360

( and i only have a PS3 ).if i knew they would be so inepts , i would have gone for online retailers from the start ...

Koei is pretty notorious for this, especially with musou game releases. I learned that lesson a while back. I always preorder online if I'm looking to get a musou game now.

Back from work

package in mail box

Open package ..

Warrior Orochi 3

FInally ..i can join you guys in the fun ... Hoping this wait was worth it ...

I'm amused that Lu Bu has pretty much the most specific method of unlocking him.

Equally amused that Diao Chan has an Indiana Jones rope swing as a special. Wasn't that amazing but still amusing.

FInally ..i can join you guys in the fun ... Hoping this wait was worth it ...

Welcome to the club!! I love this game. Best Warriors game to date IMHO. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

I'm amused that Lu Bu has pretty much the most specific method of unlocking him.

He definitely has the most unique unlock requirement. However they made him to appear in the storyline.....his moveset still makes him a monster! I love 'em!

Masamuna

Grinding proficiency on Rescue at Yiling while also grinding growth points/weapon abilities/lvls/etc with Dodomeki on Susano'os Last Stand.

At first I was going to say lol to Dodomeki on horseback with Multi. Then I saw Typhoon. Then I finally got Brilliance.

Big lol to that.

What actually builds up compatibility? Is it just enemy/officer kills? Does difficulty/rating effect it like Proficiency?

I don't think difficulty means anything when grinding prof / comp, but I could be wrong. As far as I know it's all based on the star ranking for the stage (just like how the shop inventory is based on the star ranking of the last stage you beat)

All SW2 characters got C9s or C5s in SW2XL (Even though Orochi 2 came out after it they didn't add those moves to the game). In SW3 all of them kept those new charges and all the new cast had them too.

I'm a little ticked they didn't give Musashi his C5 or Kojiro his C9, despite having them already from 2XL.

ironcreed

Banned
I can finally start enjoying this again. Data transfer to my new PS3 is complete. I was surprised at how fast it went and am glad my old faithful fattie lasted long enough for me to be able to do it.

ok this game is NOT the cakewalk i was expecting as expected i enjoy this even if the "confusion" of teh battlefield is there and you have to pay attention to not waste something important .
AFter 2 hours of play i'm craving for more , but i'll have to sleep first ...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, for the person who was asking about Nobunaga's moveset a few days ago, I found out that you can activate the Psycho Crusher on his C3 with his C5 as well as his R1. So yeah, mystery solved.

---

I really wish Nene were a better character for Chaos mode. So much of her moveset has terrible vulnerability/delay after moves, which in Chaos is a killer. And she's inexplicably not Speed type, so no jump canceling either. I think I'm actually starting to prefer Kunoichi. Her moveset is slightly worse (mostly due to her shitty new C5), but she can jump cancel, which gives her an edge over Nene. Plus, her new character design is awesome, and she doesn't look awful anymore, like she did in SW2 (that damn hat, ugghghghgh).

The same goes for Nobunaga, too. His C4, which is his best crowd clearing move, literally involves him standing in one place for a couple of seconds, which again, on Chaos is a death sentence. His C1 is good for crowds, but is also waaaay too easy to get hit out of. His invincibility shield R1 is good, but you can't really rely on that too much. And his Musou is just useless garbage. Always has been. Moves way too fast and has the turn radius of a semi truck. Damn shame really, as he's always been one of my favorite Musou characters.

Wang Yi is just crazy. Her moveset isn't really all THAT special, but her auto-countering ability is just beyond broken. I've got her all ready for Chaos, but I haven't done any Chaos runs with her yet. I'm sure she's gonna be insanely good though.

Unless things have been changed, a lot of the C9s and C5s added nice buffs to characters in SW2XL. I didn't play enough of SW3 to see if that fully carried over or not tho, and have played only a few of them in this game. Ginchiyo, Nobunaga, Kenshin, Nene, Hanzo, and Sakon come to mind as characters that I know for a fact have them in this game.

Simple question :

do you recommand me to redo the mission with more characters ( for all of them to have a nice level ) or can i play the story mode like a breeze ?

Is there anything i should pay attention to not be screwed later as a complete dynasty warrior / orochi novice ?

Simple question :

do you recommand me to redo the mission with more characters ( for all of them to have a nice level ) or can i play the story mode like a breeze ?

Is there anything i should pay attention to not be screwed later as a complete dynasty warrior / orochi novice ?

Don't attempt to level up everyone you have to the same level or so or you'll never get through the story mode. You'll be unlocking more and more characters at a quick pace and there are so many characters to boot.

Not really, there's nothing that can really screw you over other than using the recommended characters in stages other than the fact, they'll usually be level 1 with default weapons. Just choose a team of people you like and go nuts with them. Switch them up if you want change.

Yes..do NOT use the recommended characters. Fuck 'em. Just use your own team. You can use other characters when you're levelling their big star weapons and/or proficiency to S.

Woot! Finally finished all my S-Rank grinding. Now I just need to finish my Chaos run and that platinum shall be mine. I'm 150+ hours in and still having a blast, I love this game!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, you guys ready to talk about favorite characters yet? Or just powerful ones?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So, you guys ready to talk about favorite characters yet? Or just powerful ones?

Always ready to talk about favorite characters, man. But in a lot of cases, the two categories DO overlap. :lol But yeah, I'd love it if we started talking about favorite characters. Anything to bring more discussion to the thread is a good thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Always ready to talk about favorite characters, man. But in a lot of cases, the two categories DO overlap. :lol But yeah, I'd love it if we started talking about favorite characters. Anything to bring more discussion to the thread is a good thing.

I have a weak spot for Kotaro Fuma. I like playing as him well enough, but visually he's just fantastic. Also enjoy the look of Kanbei. I like my dudes near-death.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I have a weak spot for Kotaro Fuma. I like playing as him well enough, but visually he's just fantastic. Also enjoy the look of Kanbei. I like my dudes near-death.

Big fan of Guo Jia and Guo Huai, then? :lol A big part of both of their characters is that they're ill and could die at any moment.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I rather like Yue Ying (Her lighting EX attack is so well deserved after the DLC wep was denied to her as a special wep in DW7), and grabbing and slamming people is just too fun. Joan of Arc also plesantly suprised me with her holy arrow storm EX. Giving her the Pink Outfit + Mahou Senshi-looking magic staff big star weapon is just awkwardly comical.

I wanna say Nene, but she feels so nerfed :( I loved how her C3 seem to have this huge "activation" splash of damage on it in almost all old games, but that seems messed up now, and I don't know whyyyy...

Huang Zhong also really suprised me, he just feels great in this game. The end of his Musou is just one of the most oddly dynamic things in the game, too. "There's still life in me, yet!"

Wang Yi (Who I keep wanting to think is related to Wang Yuanji) brings a great, unexpectedly vicious style to the game, as well as one of my favorite music tracks. The Vertical range of her EX charge is crazy.

.... I miss the Magoichi Alt :(

20090522000133%21Magoichi-altsw.jpg

Mago, Mitsuhide, Kojiro, Deng Ai, Ma Dai, Ujiyasu Hojo... man, have a lot of characters I like, that I still need to play...

The list of fav characters is too long for me to think of and elaborate on atm, but seeing that Mago pic reminded me how much I love a lot of the SW1 alts. I really wish Monk Keiji was in this game, it's my favorite look for him:

I hope we get these as DLC. I'd love to use Mitsuhide, Kunoichi and Hanzo's (All 3 are characters I enjoy playing a lot in this game).

The rest of the SW1 Alts: http://imgur.com/a/xn59k#0

Top Bottom