• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

Ohhhhhh...now I recall that one.

I have never succeeded Jia Xu and Motonari's plans. Why the fuck for? I want to farm more generals!!

These 2 tacticians were saying "we don't have enough people to make this succeed..blah blah blah.."...Piss off you two....can't you see _I'm_ on the battlefield!?!? CHARGEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Marvie_3

Banned
Ohhhhhh...now I recall that one.

I have never succeeded Jia Xu and Motonari's plans. Why the fuck for? I want to farm more generals!!

These 2 tacticians were saying "we don't have enough people to make this succeed..blah blah blah.."...Piss off you two....can't you see _I'm_ on the battlefield!?!? CHARGEEEEEEEEEE!!!
I always do this. :lol

Currently trying to raise the bonds so I can unlock the extra stages.

Ugh, why did I choose to use Goemon and Okuni on the same team. They are so terrible. At least Hideyoshi is making the team not fail.

DarkCloud

DLC is up on 360. Wallpapers and the samurai warriors costumes are there as well which is weird since they were listed as PS3 only.

Stage Pack 1 160 MSP
BGM Pack 1 160 MSP
Wallpapers 1 320 MSP
Samurai Costumes 80 MSP

no DW4 outfits (these were also listed as exclusive to PS3 but with the other stuff who's to say)

Does anyone have a go to setup they like to put on their maxed out weapons?

I've started using Typhoon, Echo, Blast, Slay, Wind, Bolt + 2 others.

3 elements that do percentile based damage + Echo works with Blast making every attack nasty and chain into crowds. The other two can change per character. Brilliance+Absorption if I want supreme brokeness. Multi + Brawn if their S-Strings are great. Frenzy + Osmosis for people with great R1s. Destruction + Osmosis for people with spamable Musou attacks. Agility for slow characters.
My setups are pretty much completely different from character to character. I try and base them on what suits that character gameplay + personality wise, just because I find it more fun than using the same thing all the time.

Also I hate being OP so I've started gimping myself, like only using 2-3 star weapons, one of Bolt/Wind/Slay at most, no Brilliance and only Echo in some very limited circumstances.

The only real constants are Agility (nearly everyone) and Verity (characters with SW style musous).

EYEL1NER

Downloading everything now for 360.
The SW costumes coming to 360 is the best news. 31 costumes for one dollar is also an insane deal compared to other games.

Edit: Downloaded. Now I just wish that the demo for Dragon's Dogma wasn't downloading. I was to play WO3 but I need to try that demo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The SW costumes coming to 360 is the best news. 31 costumes for one dollar is also an insane deal compared to other games.

Wow, that is hellacious value for costumes I really like. It's up on PS3 as well? Same price? I'm at work so I can't find out for sure :(

EYEL1NER

Wow, that is hellacious value for costumes I really like. It's up on PS3 as well? Same price? I'm at work so I can't find out for sure :(
Not sure. I could check, but by the time my PS3 finishes the tons of updates it probably needs, surely someone else will have looked.

Maybe I should update my PS3 sometime though...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So we're talking original SW1 costumes, or their alts from SW1? As in bald Keiji, sailor Ranmaru, etc?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's people's originals.
But I'm not sure yet.

I hope some of them are the alts at least - the ones in SW1 were fantastic and well made. Also, some SW1 outfits are unlockable for the characters already, I think.

EYEL1NER

I hope some of them are the alts at least - the ones in SW1 were fantastic and well made. Also, some SW1 outfits are unlockable for the characters already, I think.
Man, I was putting my daughter to sleep during my last post and I decided to take a nap too. Here I am waking up now. What a waste of a day. Anyway;

They are mostly originals, except for the instances like you mentioned where the already used the alt.
Gracia has is a maid and Shibata has a wolf's head upon his own head. No bald Keiji or sailor Ranmaru.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I was putting my daughter to sleep during my last post and I decided to take a nap too. Here I am waking up now. What a waste of a day. Anyway;

They are mostly originals, except for the instances like you mentioned where the already used the alt.
Gracia has is a maid and Shibata has a wolf's head upon his own head. No bald Keiji or sailor Ranmaru.

Ah well. Maybe for the future :3 Still a great deal, will still buy.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just downloaded the stage and costume DLC. Sooooo happy it includes the Gracia one. They put avatars up too, which is a nice surprise since I thought they said they wouldn't bring them over. Now the wait continues for one that is a close up of Xingcai...

It's just the SW1 outfits + the SW1ish outfits / alts made for the SW2 newbies in WO2 or WOZ. The only SW1 alt we are getting is Kunoichi's Alt because she already has her SW1 outfit (due to not being in SW2 and thus having that instead of an SW2 outfit / recolor).

Does Blast really work with Echo? That's insane if true.

Yup it does.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's all in the music DLC? I got the stage pack and the SW costumes but I don't know what's in the BGM one.

I did the same thing, heh. Music DLC or Wallpapers just ain't worth it for me.

The icon represents the type of weapon. Quite a few characters share weapon type, but there are a few character who have a unique weapon type.

Special effects are not shown on the weapon select screen. You just gotta go experiment with it.

Mephala

Is there a list of known special effects? I have a bunch of weapons that doesn't seem to do anything special at all, Lu Bu for instance. I can't seem to see what it is doing differently than his 4-star.

For Lu Bu and Tadakatsu Honda, 4 star weapon actually does more damage after max compatibility (as compared with a big star weapon). For the rest of the cast, the big star weapon has more damage then the 4 star weapon, after max compatibility.

Kincaido

The first DLC stage gave me three weapons with Rare attributes on my first time. One of them was Brilliance for Xingcai, which I needed. Awesome!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
For Lu Bu and Tadakatsu Honda, 4 star weapon actually does more damage after max compatibility (as compared with a big star weapon). For the rest of the cast, the big star weapon has more damage then the 4 star weapon, after max compatibility.

There's a few others whose 4 star weapon is better, damage-wise. Susano'o is one I remember right offhand.

The first DLC stage gave me three weapons with Rare attributes on my first time. One of them was Brilliance for Xingcai, which I needed. Awesome!

How many stars are the levels in this first DLC stages?

There's a few others whose 4 star weapon is better, damage-wise. Susano'o is one I remember right offhand.

I think as long as the 4 star weapon is above 45 base damage....then the 4 star is better. Somewhere along those lines..

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
How many stars are the levels in this first DLC stages?

I think as long as the 4 star weapon is above 45 base damage....then the 4 star is better. Somewhere along those lines..

The DLC stages are all 8 stars, I believe. Might be a 9 star in there too. Don't have my PS3 on at the moment to check, but I know they're all at least 8.

And yeah, I know about the 45 base damage thing. I was the first person in the thread to post it! :lol

Kincaido

Aren't there also supposed to be new weapons though?

There should be. Not sure if you have to unlock them or not though. I don't even know who gets the weapons. I haven't beaten them all yet. Just started 10-20 minutes ago.

Alright!! 8 stars and above is GREAT!! MOAR high levels to play!!

Btw, wasn't there a rumor about the Jap Musou Orochi 2 that a latest patch included the option to reset a character? Any idea on that?

There should be. Not sure if you have to unlock them or not though. I don't even know who gets the weapons. I haven't beaten them all yet. Just started 10-20 minutes ago.

Haven't beaten them all?? Just how many levels are there in this first stage pack?

Kincaido

Four stages. I'm taking my sweet time with them though. Using characters I haven't used in a while and playing on Chaos.

Just in case anyone else has a moment like I did eariler, in order to select the stages you have to press square (I guess X on the 360 controller) on the stage select screen and it will bring up a screen just for DLC stages.

I thought you had to go to the Downloadable Content option of the Network Assistant, but everytime I tried that I kept getting a message saying "Unable to update catalog information." You would think Koei would have a pop-up mentioning you have DLC now and how to access it. I was looking for something to select, not some tiny thing added to an area of the stage select screen I never look at.

Oh well, at least the DLC stage area is huge and can fit many more stages. So far Japan has 23 stage packs of 2 or 3 stages each (100 yen for the 2 stage packs, 200 yen for the 3 stage packs) so we are getting a ton of stages by the time they finish with DLC.

________

For this pack we get 4 weapons as well, they are unlocked by beating the stages:
- Bug Catcher: Lu Meng, Zhao Yun, Guan Yu, Ma Chao, Jiang Wei, Lu Bu, Nemea, Honda Tadakatsu, Maeda Keiji
- Epiphany: Zhou Tai
- Knockout Punch: Ding Feng, Meng Huo
- Lollipop: Xu Huang, Kiyomasa Kato

________

The DLC stages are all 8 stars, I believe. Might be a 9 star in there too. Don't have my PS3 on at the moment to check, but I know they're all at least 8.
3 are 8 star stages, while Warriors of Purity (Odawara) is a 9 star stage.

For this pack we get 4 weapons as well, they are unlocked by beating the stages:
- Bug Catcher: Lu Meng, Zhao Yun, Guan Yu, Ma Chao, Jiang Wei, Lu Bu, Nemea, Honda Tadakatsu, Maeda Keiji
- Epiphany: Zhou Tai
- Knockout Punch: Ding Feng, Meng Huo
- Lollipop: Xu Huang, Kiyomasa Kato

Sounds like all joke weapons. Give us some serious big star weapons! Some of the cast in WO3 still doesn't have a serious big star weapon! (In fact, some have 2 joke weapons!)

Sounds like all joke weapons. Give us some serious big star weapons! Some of the cast in WO3 still doesn't have a serious big star weapon! (In fact, some have 2 joke weapons!)
They are joke weapons (Well, Epiphany isn't a joke weapon but the other 3 are), but even worse is that they are 4-star joke weapons >_<:

Bug Catcher = 4-star, 8 Attack - In Vino Veritas
Knockout Punch = 4-star, 11 Attack - Phantoms of Nanzhong
Epiphany = 4-star, 9 Attack - Ninja's United
Lollipop = 4-star, 11 Attack - Warriors of Purity

Ninjas United is 9 star too.
Damnit, I was about to edit that ;). Yup, those two are 9 star stages while the other 2 are 8 star stages.

WTF? 4 star joke weapons?! What the hell was Koei thinking? Who's gonna use them? At least big star joke weapon still has the highest damage after max compatibility.

Really? Ok...time to level up Gracia's big star weapon!

p/s is there a patch to reset character for the Japan version? There was some rumor on that.

Impressions on the DLC stages:
In Vino Veritas and Phantoms of Nanzhong were fun stages, but too spread out / too much running from officer to offer (although IVV had a ton of officers so it may be a good grind / weapon hunt stage). I really loved Ninja's United and Warriors of Purity. The dialogue on them really had me laughing and Ninja's United turned from cool to fantastic when
Ryu showed up as we were in the explosion trap

Oh the other hand, I decided to use the recommended characters while playing these stages and DAMN Kunoichi sucks so much now ;___;. She was so beastly in WOZ due to her R1 invisible buff. I could put Rage 10 on her weapon, get into low health, activate invisibility and keep it on the entire rest of the stage so she couldn't be touched. But now, she doesn't have that R1 and if you don't put Brilliance on her she can't do crap on higher difficulties; only the final hits of her charge strings activate elements. That being her: C2's bomb drop, C3's explosion, C4 blade toss and C5 backflip. These can be very hard to hit (besides the C4 one) and she can be knocked out of the C3 backflip leading to the explosion or C5 attack even when using Iron Gauntlets.

Gracia + DLC costume + spiked bracelet big star weapon (Rebellion) = the only correct way to use Gracia. :D

This man speaks truth! Also, Gracia has a great moveset and has Fortune ^__^.

Oh and speaking of DLC:

Kincaido

Gracia + DLC costume + spiked bracelet big star weapon (Rebellion) = the only correct way to use Gracia. :D

I completely agree. Also, I just want to say having Aya with Echo, Brilliance, +10 Agility, Slay, Wind, Osmosis, Absorption, Courage = broken.

Edit: Does anyone know if Reach is good for Gracia or not? I don't see much of a difference. Just want to be sure before I replace it.

You should replace Courage with Blast. It works with Echo for her normal hits and will of course enhance her AoEs. This gives her +25% damage on all her attacks vs +20% damage only against officers (if the stats I found on that Japanese Wiki are true).

For Gracia, I have her set up as: Typhoon, Echo, Blast, Slay, Wind, Bolt, Courage, Absorption

She is pretty great as is, without the need for Brilliance (although you could replace Courage for it if you wanted). I use Typhoon instead of Reach for most characters.

Mephala

So do all big star weapons have an attribute that unlocks when you max them out? How do you know what said attribute is?

This is what I want to know too. Aside from the obvious Double Reach I occasionally stumble upon I don't notice much else with others.

Kincaido

You should replace Courage with Blast. It works with Echo for her normal hits and will of course enhance her AoEs. This gives her +25% damage on all her attacks vs +20% damage only against officers (if the stats I found on that Japanese Wiki are true).

For Gracia, I have her set up as: Typhoon, Echo, Blast, Slay, Wind, Bolt, Courage, Absorption

She is pretty great as is, without the need for Brilliance (although you could replace Courage for it if you wanted). I use Typhoon instead of Reach for most characters.

Ah, I didn't think Blast would be that useful. I actually just got Typhoon for Gracia. I'll add that on to her. Thanks for all of the advice.

Random question as I am starting on farming weapons.

Can I get the joke/big star weapons as drops from enemy officers or do I have to buy them from the store?

Ah, I didn't think Blast would be that useful. I actually just got Typhoon for Gracia. I'll add that on to her. Thanks for all of the advice.

I'm just going off the assumption that the damage % increase info from that wiki is correct, but in general Blast enhances any projectile and shockwave attack. Since Echo gives all your attacks an explosive shockwave added to them, it would make sense to use Blast over something that is specific to a move type or situation like Might, Brawl, Flak, and Courage are.

EYEL1NER

So after seeing her on so many teams, I decided to give Gracia a try today. And I can't say I really care for her too much. I only leveled her to 25 with growth points.
Why do people like her? What is she good at? Maybe it's something I'm missing.

Shadow780

So after seeing her on so many teams, I decided to give Gracia a try today. And I can't say I really care for her too much. I only leveled her to 25 with growth points.

Put her on horse.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
^^^ And that too, lol. She's fantastic on a horse! ^^^

"Fortune", her team ability, increases the quality of Weapons and Items she picks up. So she's great for Wep grinding.

She also has a healing RB ability. And just for "Unique character" standpoint, I find her quasi martial arts / magic user style to be fairly unique. The Fireball-spread charge + Ice element did a fantastic job at containing and defeating enemies for me.

Her musou isn't the best for damage, but it's solid for building trinity meter, and good for pestering those who've been frozen.

Regarding Someone who asked if REACH was good for her earlier... I actually found it useful. Goes from making her a close range melee puncher, to something more of a Final Fantasy Tactics-like Wave-fist monk, lol. Along with Echo, I found this to be a fun way to play her.

Top Bottom