• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm still kinda shocked that I'm roughly 50 hours into the game, and I still:

Haven't unlocked all characters
Haven't had a single rare/secret weapon ability pop up
Haven't found a single rare item (granted, I haven't TRIED yet)
Haven't unlocked all stages
Haven't tried Musou Battlefield out
Haven't even finished the story

Granted, I'm taking my time and swapping characters A LOT. And I mean, I know I've ranted about how much value there is to this game before, but...I dunno, I've seen complaints here and there about how WO3 is "lacking in content" because it doesn't have a Dream Mode or Versus Mode like WO2 had. Okay, really, the "Gaiden" stages you unlock through raising bonds are close enough to Dream Mode for me. And Versus Mode? Really? While it's a nice diversion, I think I played Versus in WO2 maybe three times ever. Plus, there's still a lot of DLC stages coming as well, and there's always Musou Battlefield too, as limited as it may be.

I don't know...I guess my point is that I seriously love this game, and every time I start to feel even the least bit bored with it, I just change up my team and everything's great again. I guess you just need to be the right kind of person to enjoy Musou games (not that that's any sort of surprise or anything). Am I afraid of what's going to happen once I finish the story and run out of goals to shoot for? Well, no, because there's still going to be the challenge of clearing stages on Hard and Chaos, and finding rare items and weapon skills, and getting everyone's joke and ultimate weapons, and even maxing out Bonds if I get really desperate for stuff to do. :lol Not to mention the ever-elusive Platinum trophy. Which I'm sure will take a ton of time to get.

Plus, the Orochi games are like the Musou equivalent of Capcom's Versus series. They're full of broken as shit characters, and if you don't eventually break the game with stupidly powerful characters who can slice through enemy generals on Chaos in a single hit, you're not playing the game right. :lol

Anyway, I don't know what brought this rant on, but I'm done now. Heh. Hope you all are enjoying the game as much as I am! :D

Also, have a picture of Sun Shangxiang and Kai, just because:

ZyaGC.jpg

EYEL1NER

I'm about to order my copy, but it sucks. No release date delivery, so now I have to decide if I want to get the FSSS or one day shipping. Even with one day shipping I won't get the game until Thursday. And it would be $10 more (or $10 after total since after credit, my game is free).

I want it soon, but $10 shipping...

Golbez

Love the new avatar Cain, that's possibly my favorite part of DW7, the Wei ending when Cao Pi walks by. Brought back major memories of Sima Yi's betrayal in Destiny of an Emperor.

Shadow780

I like switching characters at the camp to hear conversations, little rpg touch and I love talking to useless NPCs in RPGs. Some of the convo are hilarious.

I like switching characters at the camp to hear conversations, little rpg touch and I love talking to useless NPCs in RPGs. Some of the convo are hilarious.

Indeed, Koei has done a fantastic job with really building up the personalities of their characters through the interactions here. Plus, some of the jokes had me busting out laughing unexpectedly. I love it.

At the battle where you
assist Jiang Wei
, the dialogue between Liu Shan and Zhang He is hilarious!! Continues on after the end mission briefing as well.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Love the new avatar Cain, that's possibly my favorite part of DW7, the Wei ending when Cao Pi walks by. Brought back major memories of Sima Yi's betrayal in Destiny of an Emperor.

Haha, thanks! Yeah, Wei's ending is my favorite part of DW7. DW7 made me completely re-think my stance on Sima Yi. :lol

Also I hope the changes made to the DW characters in WO3 carry over to DW8. They're almost completely un-cloned at this point. I guess they figured that the DW characters would look pretty bad next to the SW characters if they all still had clone movesets.

TreIII

I love this game's OST so much. Even hearing old remixes of songs like "STEAL A MARCH" is enough to get my head bopping with the beat.

Really love this game.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I love this game's OST so much. Even hearing old remixes of songs like "STEAL A MARCH" is enough to get my head bopping with the beat.

Really love this game.

Everybody knows it's all about the new remix of The Battle of Nagashino theme. Probably my favorite song in the game.

Also where the hell is OPTIC LINE? The Japanese version got it in a free patch, so I figured it'd just be included in the US version, but I haven't come across it yet. =/

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Man, all of the positive impressions are sorely tempting to pick this up. I thought I would just wait for the physical copy of the PS3 version to drop in price and then import it, but I don't know how much longer I can wait now
and Musou OTs don't survive very long so I want to be able to discuss it.

Sounds like it's even better than Orochi 2, and that's my favorite Musou game.

horsebird

Banned
Really, I don't think Lu Bu has any right to be arrogant in WO3, considering that he spends 95% of the game
getting slapped around by Nezha
. :lol

:lol Yeah, I found that pretty hilarious. He's traditionally been the boss character of the DW series, right? I used him in one campaign but wasn't a fan of his style. Kinda boring, to be honest.

Is this version of him in the game? The weapon he's using looks very different from the spear he starts with. I almost couldn't recognize him until I noticed the huge red feathers, or whatever the hell they're supposed to be.

LuBucustomwallpaper-1.jpg

If it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't know that you only get crystals from trinity attacks. No wonder I only have 6. I need to use my musou/trinity bars more often, I typically saving them for when I'm in a tight spot, which doesn't happen too often on Normal difficulty. There's this wonderpierrot guy on YouTube who has these combo videos which are really quite fun to watch.

Adawg said:
That is DW6 Lu Bu. The only games he is like that in are DW6, DW6 Special, DW6E and the Strikeforce / Multi-Raid games.
So at the very least I should be able to unlock that costume, correct? :)

That is DW6 Lu Bu. The only games he is like that in are DW6, DW6 Special, DW6E and the Strikeforce / Multi-Raid games.

Also I hope the changes made to the DW characters in WO3 carry over to DW8. They're almost completely un-cloned at this point. I guess they figured that the DW characters would look pretty bad next to the SW characters if they all still had clone movesets.

Forget waiting for 8, I hope they end up in 3DS game and the inevitable DW7E. I love a lot of these new movesets and it will suck to go back to the plain 7/XL ones in those games if they don't carry over.

kuroshiki

Forget waiting for 8, I hope they end up in DS game and the inevitable DW7E. I love a lot of these new movesets and it will suck to go back to the plain 7/XL ones in those games if they don't carry over.

Dynasty warriors next is practically DW7 empires.

I think I am pretty impressed with this game so far. Lots to do and fun. The only thing I am worried about is the Chaos difficulty. The characters seem far to powerful on normal and with three playable characters and three seperate special bars I feel like I'm invincible. I hope Chaos provides a challenge. The only other game in the series I've extenisvly played was DW3 and DW3XL. Even with all maxed characters and all weapons the hardest difficulty was still hard. I not hoping for a pushover.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Weird. It seems Taishi Ci has two joke weapons. Giant corn on the cob and panda bears. :lol

I so want to use the corn on the cob. :lol

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just got the true end and unlocked all the characters. Kinda wish the final battle would be better. Really great game overall though. Guess it's time to play all the stages on Chaos.

CSX

Has there been any hint of Fist of the North Star characters as incoming DLC?

If so, Kenshiro + Ryu + Cow Cow = instabuy

Has there been any hint of Fist of the North Star characters as incoming DLC?

If so, Kenshiro + Ryu + Cow Cow = instabuy

Why are you still waiting? 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Get this game if you like any Musou games.

I am reallyyyyy enjoying this game. I've learnt how to do true triple attack (or trinity attack) after almost at the end of stage 2. I missed out grabbing some crystals earlier on.

I'm using a deck of cards for Wang Yuanji....Gambit-style! Joke weapon or not, fully levelled...it still gives +54 attack!!

Personally, I feel WO3 is better than WO2.

horsebird

Banned
Do characters have more than 2 big-star weapons? I'm wondering whether I should buy these "Vampire Bat" swords for Wang Yi over her Minirakes joke weapon. Difference is 1 attack.

True. It's just I think of Susano'o immediately because of that photoshop of a Kenshiro pic made to look like him when he was first revealed and there were no avaliable pics of what he looked like.

Honestly tho, Ieyasu in SB3 plays more like what I'd want for a playable Kenshiro than any other musou style game character in my mind.

Finally got through more than one stage tonight. I really do find the game looks so amazing. Well, almost anything will be an upgrade from Orochi 2 on the PSP.

I am finding that I am choosing the use the SW characters more than the DW ones. That could be I have been grinding them for hours and hours in 7 and XL, but I am liking the variety in weaponary from them.

In addition, I am amazed at Kunoichi's design upgrade from Orochi 2. I mean, she went from a boring looking ninja with an ugly hat to such a cute ninja.

Golbez

I'm totally on-board with Kunoichi's SW1 alt. One of the coolest outfits in the series, and I hated that marshmallow hat.

Quite a few of the SW1 alts were great though, and I don't think we're getting most of them. I miss Ranmaru with a cape...

I'm totally on-board with Kunoichi's SW1 alt. One of the coolest outfits in the series, and I hated that marshmallow hat.

Quite a few of the SW1 alts were great though, and I don't think we're getting most of them. I miss Ranmaru with a cape...

Monk Keiji = Do Want

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kind of lame that saddles count as items especially after playing Next.

edit: AND they nerfed Sun Wukong's speed

DarkCloud

I may if my store actually got any copies in. If not I'll get a copy off amazon sometime next week. Gives me time to finish unlocking orochi X in WO2 before I shelve it at least.

EYEL1NER

Today's the day for 360 owners! Who's picking it up?

I placed my order on Amazon last night. Should be here sometime next week.

I was tempted to go with GS, but J had to heavily weigh wether having it today or tomorrow was worth $60, because my Amazon copy was free. I can wait though I suppose.

what's the deal with the big star weapons anyway? On paper they're barely any better than the 1 stars but they cost so much...

4 stars when maxed out get +18 attack power (iirc) and big stars get +54.

So if you are looking for which one is stronger you have to take 36 and add the base of the big star weapon that person has available to it. If the 4 star isn't that high then the big star will be stronger in the end. However, it will take time to get there as you level up the weapon's compatibility, so it may be beneficial to just use 4 stars on characters you don't play too often (plus, if you are going for trophies / achievements you need to get everyone's 4 star anyways).

Marvie_3

Banned
Today's the day for 360 owners! Who's picking it up?
Me. :D My GT is in my profile if anyone wants to play coop.
I placed my order on Amazon last night. Should be here sometime next week.

I was tempted to go with GS, but J had to heavily weigh wether having it today or tomorrow was worth $60, because my Amazon copy was free. I can wait though I suppose.
Pick it up at Gamestop today. Then return the copy from Amazon when it arrives. Game is still free and you get to play it today.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Fellow 360 Warriors, I went to pick up my copy today... and they said it was pushed back till tomorrow, the 28th. (o_O)

So, err... maybe some will have better luck than I. Was really looking forward to it today, and probably won't be able to pick it up as early as I could have today :(

EYEL1NER

Pick it up at Gamestop today. Then return the copy from Amazon when it arrives. Game is still free and you get to play it today.

I thought about it, but the two stores within an hour's drive don't have it. One said it comes it gets released tomorrow, so try on Friday or Saturday, which is not right at all.

I might just go on Amazon and switch the shipping on my order.

Marvie_3

Banned
I thought about it, but the two stores within an hour's drive don't have it. One said it comes it gets released tomorrow, so try on Friday or Saturday, which is not right at all.

I might just go on Amazon and switch the shipping on my order.

Amazon is "out of stock". I had a preorder there too and it hasn't even shipped yet. KOEI botched this release.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So now, Gamestop sent me a message saying to pick up the game Thurs in the PM.

It's not so much that KOEI botched the release, non-priority shipping just seems to occur for smaller-release games sometimes. While it's not preference... if a slightly annoying release is the alternative to "no way to get the game at all on disk in US", I'm happy with what we're getting!

At least it's worth the wait, too, right? Woulda been pretty bad to go through all this for, say, Ninja Gaiden 3 instead! "Waiting to get the game, ended up being the best part..."

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, this is nothing new for Koei releases. :lol I remember not being able to get my hands on a copy of DW Strikeforce HD for like a week after release. Koei's distribution is terrible.

At least there's one upside to digital distribution. Heh.

Top Bottom