• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

Marvie_3

Banned
So they couldn't non-priority ship it a few days earlier? If you say your game is going to be out on the 27th, it better be in stores on the 27th.

I'm not surprised that KOEI is shipping this game late. I mean, they had pretty minimal support for this game in promoting it from the beginning.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I do find it kinda funny that even after delaying the game for a week, Koei still couldn't get it to stores on time.

Never change, Koei. Never change.

I'm lucky that I got the downloadable version. I don't like the English dubs anyway. Jap voices with English subs is the preferred one for me.

Anywayyyy, I just completed Chapter 2....whoaaa...
Back to the Future!!

This game just keeps on giving. Just when you thought
you're near the end....more levels pop up!!

I max out the compatability of big star weapons for Wang Yuanji, Lianshi and Xu Huang. If you max any big star, normal mode is a breeze. Wang Yuanji is great for building true triple attack bar...and Xu Huang..WOW..his ARXE sorts of "grabs" people during his normal swings. Just how broken is that?

p/s I rarely have a level below 1k kills. I recall in previous installments, getting 1k takes a some effort...and you only rarely get that "You are a true warrior of the 3 kingdoms." message. Now, I see it every stage! This is a good thing! Thanks Koei! I love this game!

Am I the only one who keeps thinking of Kamen Rider Den-O every time
they talk about using specific people's past to time travel? Kaguya is secretly an Imagin!

Thought that was common knowledge, it's even mentioned in the OP. Alas, tagged.

Edit: I suppose the aspect of using people's pasts versus generic time travel is kinda a spoiler.

Oh guys...remember to use the True Triple Attack / Trinity attack to kill generals. Else, you won't have crystals to buy the big star weapons. It's not guaranteed that you will get crystals, but there's a chance of getting crystals if you use True Triple Attack.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh guys...remember to use the True Triple Attack / Trinity attack to kill generals. Else, you won't have crystals to buy the big star weapons. It's not guaranteed that you will get crystals, but there's a chance of getting crystals if you use True Triple Attack.

Heh, might as well be guaranteed. I've got a stack of like 50+ crystals, and I've used a bunch already too.

Shadow780

Good to know. I've noticed that characters with high combo in their attack strings managed to rack up Trinity meter faster, been spamming with Yuanji and Kaguya, woot.

So should I bother switching up characters? I am already not paying attention to the recommended characters for the stages but what about when I max proficiency? Does seem like a pain if I have to bring them up to par though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So should I bother switching up characters? I am already not paying attention to the recommended characters for the stages but what about when I max proficiency? Does seem like a pain if I have to bring them up to par though.

There's 132 characters. Would be a shame if you only used 3. :lol

Personally I've got at least 30-40 characters Lv. 20 or higher. Around 8-10 at or around Lv. 40.

Oh Himoko you are so great.

Her bullethell makes for insane combos, which means the Ultimate team meter builds at a crazy rate.

Mother of GAWD. Bao Sanniang is the same way. I can get a full team meter after one or two crowds of enemies.

Golbez

I skipped out on DW7XL so I had never played Guo Jia before today.

...WOW. Who knew Venom would work so well in 3D?

I am in the same boat as you, having not played XL. I haven't unlocked Wang Yi yet, but so far I've found that every new moveset from DW7XL to be superior and more individualistic than the DW7 ones. I'm really in love with Xiahou Dun, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei's movesets in particular.

So whoever said Sun Shangxiang had an amazing R1 is totally correct. God, she is pretty awesome for clearing away random mooks, something that I remember she failed at in DW7. So kudos to them for making her better.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

*ahem*

Okay, so never having played DW7:XL, I'd never used Guo Jia before now, and...well, I'm pretty sure he's the first character to make me exclaim "HOLY SHIT" in a long, long time.

It's seriously like they took Venom from Guilty Gear and put him into a DW game. He's INSANE.

:D

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. :lol

Also I love how his aerial charge is just seriously Venom's Red Hail.

Golbez

Ha ha!

What's really insane is that once he uses his musou attack, he's done with it, you can do whatever. This means that if you pick up a musou for 10 seconds item, you can summon multiple giant spheres....

So now, Gamestop sent me a message saying to pick up the game Thurs in the PM.

It's not so much that KOEI botched the release, non-priority shipping just seems to occur for smaller-release games sometimes. While it's not preference... if a slightly annoying release is the alternative to "no way to get the game at all on disk in US", I'm happy with what we're getting!

At least it's worth the wait, too, right? Woulda been pretty bad to go through all this for, say, Ninja Gaiden 3 instead! "Waiting to get the game, ended up being the best part..."

For what it's worth, Gamefly has for the past two months shown this game as having a date of 3/28. And they're usually dead on right.

kuroshiki

Oh Himoko you are so great.

Her bullethell makes for insane combos, which means the Ultimate team meter builds at a crazy rate.

Mother of GAWD. Bao Sanniang is the same way. I can get a full team meter after one or two crowds of enemies.

Did you try Wang Yuan Ji?

She's crazy.

Carcetti

I haven't played this kind of game since me and my S.O. spent hours with Dynasty Warriors on PS2 (I'm not even sure of the console). We used to make so many bad Cao Cao jokes.

So it's been a while... Now I'm seriously considering this one. How has this series gone forward since those days? Or has it? Does it have that same feeling? I'm looking for nostalgia.

For the trophy / achievement to beat everything on Chaos can that be done in free mode? I've been using it to play ever since I beat the game in order to save time from not having to skip all the story stuff.

Finally got to play last night. I haven't played any Warriorses since 5, and the digital manual on PS3 is hard to read and not super helpful, so maybe you guys can answer a couple questions for me:

Any reason to horde growth points? Do they do anything other than level dudes up?

I assume I don't really need to care much about the weak weapons I'm finding in early missions, right? No need to fusion them much?

Should I do anything crazy like switch to every possible character in camp to try and find special conversations? Because once I unlock more characters.... yikes

Finally got to play last night. I haven't played any Warriorses since 5, and the digital manual on PS3 is hard to read and not super helpful, so maybe you guys can answer a couple questions for me:

Any reason to horde growth points? Do they do anything other than level dudes up?

I assume I don't really need to care much about the weak weapons I'm finding in early missions, right? No need to fusion them much?

Should I do anything crazy like switch to every possible character in camp to try and find special conversations? Because once I unlock more characters.... yikes

Nope. Growth points are only used for leveling up people so no reason to horde them.

Well, the weak weapons can at least gives more slots to other weapons. That's pretty much the only reason I think they are used for.

Usually, it would just be from who ever just joined in the last chapter and who ever has a special relationship with those people.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

1. Don't horde growth points. They max out at 99999, and believe me, you'll hit that number QUICK if you horde. Spend them.

2. Depends on the abilities. Stuff like Wind, Slay, Brawn, etc. are quite good. You'd probably want to fuse those abilities onto your main weapon.

3. You'll get most of the special conversations that unlock stuff without even trying. As for the other special conversations, the ones that don't actually have any bearing on unlocking stuff...eh, it's up to you. Some of them are pretty funny/interesting.

Getting really sick of Enemy Musou attacks being one-touch kills.

Actually it probably wouldn't be so bad if there was any start-up on the SW/Other characters.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Yeah, that can be pretty rough. Fortunately, at least in my experience, that doesn't happen too much once you get out of the early game. Eventually you'll have high enough defense to be able to withstand a Musou.

Alternatively, don't try to stand toe-to-toe with enemy generals (at least, unique ones). Use your Triple Musou, if available. Usually it's a one shot kill, and if not, it'll at least get them low enough to where a regular Musou will finish them off.

I beat the game last night and for some reason I got the good ending path instead of the normal ending path, then the normal ending path popped up afterwards. I've seen people on my friends list getting it the other way around, so I have no idea what triggers which path you get.

Thanks guys!

Can't wait to play this some more tonight. I think I'm going to be using the random character option quite a bit, as I like to switch things up. Random my team, growth point them up a few levels as necessary, and then murder lots of demons and such.

Marvie_3

Banned
Friendly officers die so fast in this game. I'll get a message saying they need help and 10 seconds later they're dead and I have to restart. Getting kind of annoying.......

Anyone want to coop on 360 later?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Friendly officers die so fast in this game. I'll get a message saying they need help and 10 seconds later they're dead and I have to restart. Getting kind of annoying.......

Anyone want to coop on 360 later?

Man, that first real stage after the prologue stage...I swear Taishi Ci can't take care of his damn self. Every time I run through that stage, if I take so much as the slightest detour, he either dies or comes really close to it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Man, that first real stage after the prologue stage...I swear Taishi Ci can't take care of his damn self. Every time I run through that stage, if I take so much as the slightest detour, he either dies or comes really close to it.

Yeah, I bumped it down to easy to see what would happen and they still die in no time.

I find that in Easy mode...not only enemies lifebar is shorter, but so are your allies' lifebar. Allies seem to actually DIE faster in Easy mode!

Actually it probably wouldn't be so bad if there was any start-up on the SW/Other characters.

Just make sure you watch out for those enemy general that has some red aura around them. Those are basically buffed up generals. Try to juggle kill them. If you knock down them with their life about 30%, they are almost guaranteed to get up with a True Musou in your face. Get the fuck outta before they get up!

Damnit...cleared about 4-5 levels last night....used Trinity attack lotsa times...and I get a total of ZERO crystals for my efforts. Fuck this shit.

Finished up Story mode. Now comes the trophy grinding. :lol

There's also grinding for the rest of the 132 characters' weapons and maxing out their levels!

Now that you've mentioned it, yes....you're right. It has always been this way for all the Warriors games. And I've been playing Warriors game since DW2....

Now that you've mentioned it, yes....you're right. It has always been this way for all the Warriors games. And I've been playing Warriors game since DW2....

Saw that today while I was playing WO2 and my allies were dropping left and right. I don't remember this in DW7 though, but that might also be I was easily curbstomping things there.

Man, Sun Shangxiang's R1 is even more amazing with some levels in Frenzy. But, I am not really liking the weapon drops I'm getting. I understand it is based off the difficulty level but is it also based off the stage as well?

Top Bottom