• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 |OT| The second-worst game featuring Ryu Hayabusa out this week

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Y'know, it's kinda BS that the inventory of the weapon shop is determined solely by the star rating of the last stage you cleared, without difficulty factoring in as well.

Hell, honestly, once you reach Chapter 4, the weapon shop's inventory should always offer the higher-tier stuff. Really sucks that it starts selling garbage if you do a low-star stage.

Marvie_3

Banned
Is there any way to get rid of all the shit weapons in my inventory? I can't fuse them with anything and they're just sitting there.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is there any way to get rid of all the shit weapons in my inventory? I can't fuse them with anything and they're just sitting there.

Nope. But you CAN fuse together all the useless ones just to make some space. Yeah, it costs gems, but eh, it's really your only option.

Nope. But you CAN fuse together all the useless ones just to make some space. Yeah, it costs gems, but eh, it's really your only option.

You can't just toss them away when you get more weapons or something and you are out of space?

I am also surprised at the jump of HP the enemies have going from Normal to Hard. Sure they weren't any harder to kill, in fact probably easier now I could spam my R1s to raise my true triple attack gauge but they were more likely to kill me though from undetectable musous.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You can't just toss them away when you get more weapons or something and you are out of space?

Well, yeah, you can do that too. It just gets a bit annoying to have to search through all of your weapons to find one suitable to throw away. Checking to make sure they don't have any abilities you'd need, I mean. I sometimes like to just fuse the useless ones so I don't have to deal with it for a while.

Just unlocked Zhang Jiao, and boy are arrows starting to hurt again. What is this, Dynasty Warriors 3?

Archers were so damn scary in that game.

Run around a corner, see about a dozen of them, oh shit you're dead.
---
Also it looks like crystals are tied to difficulty. I've gotten way more playing Hard than Normal or Easy. Also difficulty is kinda irrelevant when it comes to allies' lifebars. If you leave them alone for too long (especially if they're facing multiple officers or somebody major like Lu Bu) they're gonna die.

Really wish Omega Force would look towards addressing pop-in/frame-rate issues in their next games. Last thing I want to see anymore of is enemy officers suddenly appearing and doing a D&D musou-backstab on me. Oh and freaking cavalry out of nowhere. Maybe they could better prioritize it, like not worry too much if every single officer is rendered at once but at least account for the most dangerous like enemy officers, archers, and etc.

Also absorption blows. I have it maxed out on Bao Sanniang and I'm lucky to see a 10th of my health recovered from a special/charge. 7XL you could go from practically empty to full in a few so hits, so broken yet so good.

Dammit. Gotta put down this game until I finish Yakuza: Dead Souls.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ended up picking up the 360 version yesterday, even though I imported the PS3 version last year.

Not seeing much of a different in-game, but the CG movies look better on PS3.

This game isn't even on Amazon for me to buy (PS3). Anyone know what's going on with it?

It's digital download only on PS3 for the States.

OSHAN

Ended up picking up the 360 version yesterday, even though I imported the PS3 version last year.

Not seeing much of a different in-game, but the CG movies look better on PS3.

It's digital download only on PS3 for the States.

Urggggggggggggg.

Thanks.

TreIII

Really wish Omega Force would look towards addressing pop-in/frame-rate issues in their next games. Last thing I want to see anymore of is enemy officers suddenly appearing and doing a D&D musou-backstab on me. Oh and freaking cavalry out of nowhere. Maybe they could better prioritize it, like not worry too much if every single officer is rendered at once but at least account for the most dangerous like enemy officers, archers, and etc.

Well, the best that I'm hoping for is that Koei will be fine working on PS360 (+ WiiU, more than likely) for the next few years, where they get a chance to stay in a nice comfort zone where they can focus on optimization, over anything else.

I mean, if Koei knows their fanbase at all, they should know that most of them will be fine playing on last-gen hardware well into the next era of gaming, as long as Koei keeps providing games for them to play it on.

Golbez

While important CPU officers getting killed is something I generally expect and watch out for, I've been surprised how often my guys will get the job done in the less important parts of the map. Numerous times I've finished a mission on one side, got ready to ride to the other end of the map, but then noticed only blue left there.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
While important CPU officers getting killed is something I generally expect and watch out for, I've been surprised how often my guys will get the job done in the less important parts of the map. Numerous times I've finished a mission on one side, got ready to ride to the other end of the map, but then noticed only blue left there.

Yeah, that took me by surprise as well. :lol Like, "Okay, time to go clear out the other side of the ma-...oh...um, good job guys!".

Marvie_3

Banned
Well, the best that I'm hoping for is that Koei will be fine working on PS360 (+ WiiU, more than likely) for the next few years, where they get a chance to stay in a nice comfort zone where they can focus on optimization, over anything else.

I mean, if Koei knows their fanbase at all, they should know that most of them will be fine playing on last-gen hardware well into the next era of gaming, as long as Koei keeps providing games for them to play it on.
Exactly.

I just completed 1 level where you unlock Okuni. With 3 of my characters having big star weapons (only 1 maxed out though), I decided to play online with a friend (he's already completed all 4 chapters and is farming).

As my characters were level 35, we decided to try Hard mode on the same level that unlocked Okuni. So my partner and I breezed through the level, nothing difficult....archers were a bit pesky and did some stinging pain. Got some weapons with rare gold skills. "Too easy" we said.

Feeling ballsy after stomping on Hard mode, we went on to a Stage 2 level and tried Chaos mode. "Let's do this!"

Screen loading......
Friend and I continue chatting.....
Loading completes.....

"GAME OVER" appears in a split second.....

We went like DAFUQ?? Seems like I started the level right in front of a bunch of mooks (which is actually pretty common in this game). And the mook just 1 shotted my character.

Mook just said "Welcome (back) to Chaos Mode". I should've known better after playing previous games Chaos mode. But surging adrenaline and testosterone makes you do dumb things. LOL.

Okuni still isn't awesome enough. =(

She needs to like...dual-wield parasols or something.
I'm embarrassed by all the jerks I've had roll on my team just because they have better move-sets.

Yeah, Okuni is one of those characters who is forever firmly in the "Do Not Use Ever" column for me. Right along with Goemon and Yoshimoto.

It's depressing. She's my favorite character out of the entirety of the Musou-genre.

My team right now is Gracia, Bao Sanniang, and Lianshi.

Honestly it's the saddest thing since Terms of Endearment. Poor Gracie, stuck with a couple of Dead or Alive rejects(and Bao Sanniang).

Her name in the game is Gracia, therefore most people, when referring to her SW/WO incarnation, call her Gracia.

I was pretty disappointed in Gracia, when I first saw her in WO2. I mean, a cute young girl and she ends up as a fist fighter? I was expecting magical girl or something here.

Another question, are getting lottery tickets random or based off a stage or something else?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I was pretty disappointed in Gracia, when I first saw her in WO2. I mean, a cute young girl and she ends up as a fist fighter? I was expecting magical girl or something here.

Another question, are getting lottery tickets random or based off a stage or something else?

I honestly wish I knew. Right now I'd be more inclined to say it's completely random.

A bit of both. Some stages when you complete them the first time can actually get you 2 or 3.

If you're gonna farm them I think the best bet would be uh..the last stage of chapter 2 I think. It's a shorter stage and everytime I've replayed it I've gotten a ticket.

What I'm curious about now is if "Fortune" stacks. I just noticed two of my characters have that particular skill. Would be nice for item farming.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What's the point of the big star weapons?

Once you raise their compatibility up (not proficiency), they're far better than any 4 star weapon with a base under 45. So basically, for people like Lu Bu and Tadakatsu, you want to use their 4 star. But for most everyone else, it's better in the long run to use a big star.

Marvie_3

Banned
Once you raise their compatibility up (not proficiency), they're far better than any 4 star weapon with a base under 45. So basically, for people like Lu Bu and Tadakatsu, you want to use their 4 star. But for most everyone else, it's better in the long run to use a big star.

Oh ok. I was trying to figure out why they were so special because the base stats were worse than some of the 2 star weapons. :lol

Okay yeah Fortune characters are worth it.
Dunno if it stacks but I'm getting better stuff. So Lian Shi gets stuffed in favor of Okuni.

Almost tempted to load an entire team with Fortunes, but the only other one I can find is Xiaoqiao...hahahahahaha NO!

Also Okuni's R1 is sweeeeet. Throw it off twice in a crowd and it's a guaranteed full trinity meter.

What's great about Gracia is that her R1 not only restores her health but also serves as a temporary shield of invulnerability. Guess who ain't eating musou-surprise ever again? Me.

horsebird

Banned
Zhong Hui is fricking CRAZY. Strong as all hell... do his swords (well, books in my case) count as projectiles?

What's the hype over Mitsuhide Akechi? He seems kinda weaksauce.

My copy finally shipped out---it's gonna be a hard couple days to wait, but will be totally worth it.

If I play this half as long as the SW or other WO games this should hold me 'til Witcher 2.

So is Sun Wukong still the secret best character in the game?

Or better yet did they add that thing from DW7 where you just press a button and a horse appears?

DTJAAAAM

So is Sun Wukong still the secret best character in the game?

Or better yet did they add that thing from DW7 where you just press a button and a horse appears?

They slowed down Wukong's movement speed, so that knocked him down a peg. Also, the horse summoning button has been in all the WO games, haha.

Picked up the English version today and started it up. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the achievements count as a separate game from the Japanese version. Now I can gain even more points while finally understanding exactly what is going on! I think I'll try to cut down on using Pang De in this time around, who ended up being one of my favorites.

They slowed down Wukong's movement speed, so that knocked him down a peg. Also, the horse summoning button has been in all the WO games, haha.

Picked up the English version today and started it up. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the achievements count as a separate game from the Japanese version. Now I can gain even more points while finally understanding exactly what is going on! I think I'll try to cut down on using Pang De in this time around, who ended up being one of my favorites.

Dammit, at no point in WO2 do they tell you that the select button does anything. Even in the controller button screen in the options. Thanks for the info, I really needed you 30 hours ago.

Ooh boy oh boy oh boy.
Just got my first rare weaponskill.

Multi. Basically doubles my attack output. Bao has become Beast Sanniang.

oh my fucking GAWD!!

Just received Typhoon and Brilliance weaponskills.

Typhoon causes tornadoes during regular attacks.
Brilliance tacks on attributes to all attacks when the Musou gauge is full.

Motherfucking BEAST SANNIANGahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhha

Ooh boy oh boy oh boy.
Just got my first rare weaponskill.

Multi. Basically doubles my attack output. Bao has become Beast Sanniang.

oh my fucking GAWD!!

Just received Typhoon and Brilliance weaponskills.

Typhoon causes tornadoes during regular attacks.
Brilliance tacks on attributes to all attacks when the Musou gauge is full.

Motherfucking BEAST SANNIANGahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhha

Is Brilliance the same as Almighty? Because Almighty was the actual secret best character in WO2.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Zhong Hui is fricking CRAZY. Strong as all hell... do his swords (well, books in my case) count as projectiles?

What's the hype over Mitsuhide Akechi? He seems kinda weaksauce.

No idea on the Zhong Hui thing.

Mitsuhide...I don't know. I LOVED him in WO2, but he seems kinda weak in WO3. Like, to the point where I really don't care to use him at all.

Picked up a couple new rare weaponskills.

Verity - Allows true musou regardless of life. ehhhh okay sure. Himoko has a disgustingly good musou so whatevs.
Echo - Sends shockwaves out from enemies against whom an attack has been successfully landed. Hmm..probably don't need it

Is Brilliance the same as Almighty? Because Almighty was the actual secret best character in WO2.

Yes. They renamed a lot of the skills from WO 1 and 2 in this game.

No idea on the Zhong Hui thing.

Mitsuhide...I don't know. I LOVED him in WO2, but he seems kinda weak in WO3. Like, to the point where I really don't care to use him at all.

Perhaps it's the new R1 move system? Mitsuhide was a speed character before, so he had 2 R1 attacks (possibly one or both not needing meter - I can't remember) Whereas in this he has just one.

There were lots of characters in the old games who had amazing R1 attacks / EX charge attacks, or just ones that were integral to their gameplay. I was toying with some speed and tech characters in WOZ eariler tonight and I really miss the old R1 system. Now a bunch of them just don't feel right anymore due to the change.

Another weird thing I noticed when playing WOZ was that I had forgotten they color coded the HUD so you always knew who was what type during gameplay. I'm surprised they dropped that from this one, because sometimes I'll forget who is what type and have to pause it to check.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Any reason to keep WO2 if I'm getting this? I usually sell the previous DW games when I get the new one (even though that was a mistake with 6).

Top Bottom