• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Series Community Thread | Analyzing the complexities of Square and Triangle

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Oh man, I didn't realize DW8 PS4 is coming to the US on the 25th next month. Looks like inFAMOUS is going to have to wait.

Shadow780

This PS4 footage of DW8XL is a few weeks old but holy jebus, that new DOF effect is horrible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBKDyWyxYAo

I really really hope koei either give us the option to turn it off or at least reduce the intensity of effect for the u.s version.

I think somebody said it's better if you turn off health bar on grunts lol.

That and the character model during cutscenes are really weird in PS4 version, they all look like porcelain dolls

Velcro Fly

Someone on GameFAQs posted that you could turn it off completely but I have no idea how true that is. I think it's one of those things I'll just get used to.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Has anyone purchased the Japanese version yet? I pre-ordered it at Play-Asia but it still has yet to be shipped out. I wonder if importers didn't get shipments this week?

Lyte Edge

I changed the shipping address on P-A and it ended up canceling the old one and creating a new order. Now it says delivery is in early March...wtf lol.

Sora_N

Kind of random question but anyone know where I can find some decent resolution images of the DW8 cast/characters? (Maybe some WO3 stuff too)

Thinking of making some Vita wallpapers possibly.

Lyte Edge

Got my copy of DW8XL PS4. Looking forward to seeing how well it runs -or alternatively, whether or not it's a lazy port-up- later today.

Also want to test and see if DLC from a Japanese account will work on a U.S. account on PS4.

Lyte Edge

DW8XL PS4 unfortunately still has framerate issues (although the framerate is overall better than the PS3 and Vita versions), however it really is awesome having virtually no enemy pop-in issues. There are tons and tons of enemy NPCs on the screen now and the game handles everything beautifully.

I tried the game via remote play, then switched to the Vita version for comparison, and the difference was like night and day. Makes the Vita version's framerate issues look even worse.

The depth of field blur/fog effect is a bit annoying, but it can be set to either a toned-down version or turned off entirely.

Lyte Edge

Pre-ordered Sengoku Musou 4 for Vita. Holding off on PS3 for now since there's so many other games coming out in March, but it's killing me. I want it on both platforms...hope the Vita port doesn't have framerate problems like DW8XL did.

Lyte Edge

Please tell me that the issues don't occur at Chi Bi, again.

Don't have that stage available to check- been playing Challenge Mode and the Conquest Mode, mainly, along with bits of the Lu Bu story mode. I'm sure it will show up eventually.

Lyte Edge

The one thing NOT to expect from this game on PS4 is a stable framerate. :D

And you will LOL at the framerate issues on Vita. XD

Jarate

Banned
not too wound up on framerate as long as the enemy pop in is gone.

What do you guys expect out of Koei Tecmo programming for a new console. They don't huit their stride until late in a console generation. (DW 6 might've been one of the best looking ps2 games)

Velcro Fly

I played WoW for years at below 15 fps. It would have to be worse than that constantly for me to mind at all. And even then as long as I can play the game I'll be fine.

Lyte Edge

More Sengoku Musou 4 character footage:

http://gematsu.com/2014/03/samurai-warriors-4-character-footage-inahime

These are the two best videos -Yagyu Munenori and Ii Naotora- both characters are from the never-localized second SW Chronicles game on 3DS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-WlNnWg8gE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUYHkFusYxs

And with that, I caved and added the PS3 version to my pre-order list. Wallet am cry.

I thought it was improved in a patch?

It was improved...

...and post-patch, And you will still LOL at the framerate issues on Vita. :p Depends on the stage for how bad it can get.

Velikost

The depth of field blur/fog effect is a bit annoying, but it can be set to either a toned-down version or turned off entirely.

Does anyone know where I can find screenshots or footage of this? I'd really like to see what the game looks like without that awful features, but everything I've seen has it enabled.

Blink Me

Can't wait for Samurai Warriors 4 I put so many hours into Samurai Warriors 2 years ago. There's so many new characters as well which should make the story mode even more interesting.

Does anyone know where I can find screenshots or footage of this? I'd really like to see what the game looks like without that awful features, but everything I've seen has it enabled.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...172.1073741825.100004418940170&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...172.1073741825.100004418940170&type=1&theater

Apologies if the links don't work properly, I don't tend to use Facebook all that often.

Picture one is with the horrible blur filter on, picture two is with it off. The first thing you should do when playing the game is to turn the filter off, it looks horrible in my opinion.

Is Samurai Warriors 4 going to get an overseas release at any point? Would love to play a localized version instead of paying those crazy import prices.

Apologies if the links don't work properly, I don't tend to use Facebook all that often.

links work, thanks!

embedded them here for instaview:
1397475_284988018325161_1216659024_o.jpg

1957710_284988108325152_1987284719_o.jpg

Is Samurai Warriors 4 going to get an overseas release at any point? Would love to play a localized version instead of paying those crazy import prices.

no news yet, buy Dynasty Warriors 8 XL for improving the odds! :D

Velikost

Picture one is with the horrible blur filter on, picture two is with it off. The first thing you should do when playing the game is to turn the filter off, it looks horrible in my opinion.

Thanks, they worked fine. I definitely planned to turn it off immediately; I was just curious how cutscenes and gameplay looked with it off. I *think* I found some videos of gameplay after I posted, but it was hard to tell between the Youtube compression, the descriptions not being in English, and the minimal graphical upgrade in general.

This'll be the first Dynasty Warriors I've bought since 6 (of which I barely played), so I'm looking forward to it. I don't think 4 can ever be topped in my eyes, but here's to hoping this one comes close!

Man I'm getting really hyped for DW8 PS4. I haven't played a DW game since 3 and I played a shit ton of it. I also played the Orichi games but I've been meaning to get back into the series that started it all. Can't wait.

Does DW8 XL have a difficulty that was on par with DW3's hardest difficulty. I really like being powerful but still had the feeling that I could be killed at any moment.

Tabby

Man I'm getting really hyped for DW8 PS4. I haven't played a DW game since 3 and I played a shit ton of it. I also played the Orichi games but I've been meaning to get back into the series that started it all. Can't wait.

Does DW8 XL have a difficulty that was on par with DW3's hardest difficulty. I really like being powerful but still had the feeling that I could be killed at any moment.
XL usually adds new difficulties I think so yeah.

I feel like I'm missing out. I played and enjoyed DW3 back in the day. I bought 6 (I think it was 6? The one that removed combos) and hated it. I bought Orochi 3 and liked it, but didn't play it much because my 360 never stayed hooked up for long periods of time (should've bought it on PS3).

Is the PS4 version of DW8 a good time to jump back in?

Yawnier

Banned
DW8: XL is out in a little over a week here in NA and I'm not really feeling the hype despite Omega Force adding probably my favorite strategist -- Fa Zheng. I think I burned myself out on vanilla DW8 last summer.

Who is doing the OT for it? dakkumauji?

I feel like I'm missing out. I played and enjoyed DW3 back in the day. I bought 6 (I think it was 6? The one that removed combos) and hated it. I bought Orochi 3 and liked it, but didn't play it much because my 360 never stayed hooked up for long periods of time (should've bought it on PS3).

Is the PS4 version of DW8 a good time to jump back in?

Well yes, if you enjoyed Orochi 3 then you'll enjoy DW8. It plays similar with a few additions here and there.

DW6 was basically the black sheep of the series and most people hated it anyway. You just picked a bad game to jump back into.

DW8: XL is out in a little over a week here in NA and I'm not really feeling the hype despite Omega Force adding probably my favorite strategist -- Fa Zheng. I think I burned myself out on vanilla DW8 last summer.

Who is doing the OT for it? dakkumauji?

I was thinking about it but feel pretty lazy on the idea. Danganronpa's OT also burnt me out.

Might as well just use this community thread and let it thrive unless someone wants to do it. :p

Thanks, they worked fine. I definitely planned to turn it off immediately; I was just curious how cutscenes and gameplay looked with it off. I *think* I found some videos of gameplay after I posted, but it was hard to tell between the Youtube compression, the descriptions not being in English, and the minimal graphical upgrade in general.

This'll be the first Dynasty Warriors I've bought since 6 (of which I barely played), so I'm looking forward to it. I don't think 4 can ever be topped in my eyes, but here's to hoping this one comes close!

Happy to help :)

One odd thing I've noticed with my Japanese copy, I don't seem to be unlocking any trophies... I should have at least unlocked the True Musou Rage trophy and the "kill 1000 enemies in one battle" trophy. Has anyone else who has the import version have this problem?

Edit* Actually it looks as though DW8XL has a different trophy list to vanilla DW8 on the PS3? That sure would explain it.

The addition of the multiple weapons threw me off with DW8, after playing lots of WO and old SW titles.

I may pick up DW8XL whenever I get a PS4 though.

Now, hopefully we get a date on WO3U and SW4 for the west soon.

Yawnier

Banned
I was thinking about it but feel pretty lazy on the idea. Danganronpa's OT also burnt me out.

Might as well just use this community thread and let it thrive unless someone wants to do it. :p

A fair bit of work goes into making OTs so that's understandable, I was just wondering as you made the OT for DW8 and did a good job on it.

Happy to help :)

One odd thing I've noticed with my Japanese copy, I don't seem to be unlocking any trophies... I should have at least unlocked the True Musou Rage trophy and the "kill 1000 enemies in one battle" trophy. Has anyone else who has the import version have this problem?

Edit* Actually it looks as though DW8XL has a different trophy list to vanilla DW8 on the PS3? That sure would explain it.

Yep, all the trophies for the PS4/Vita version are based off the XL game. I wonder if the XL/Vita/PS4 versions share trophies though.

A fair bit of work goes into making OTs so that's understandable, I was just wondering as you made the OT for DW8 and did a good job on it.

Aw, shucks.

Well maybe instead I could just toss in XL info into the DW8 OT, give a new shiny title and toss it back out into the main thread. I'll only have to make one section and saves me from making a new banner too.

Yawnier

Banned
Well maybe instead I could just toss in XL info into the DW8 OT, give a new shiny title and toss it back out into the main thread. I'll only have to make one section and saves me from making a new banner too.

It is completely up to you really but that wouldn't be a half bad idea IMO, I don't think anyone else claimed the OT for it.

Probably the best way to make the XL OT tbh, as much as a fan of Warriors series this community is, it feels like there's not that much hype for XL, understandable as an expansion. I myself feel more excitement for Samurai Warriors 4 tbph, and hope localisation is announced soon XD.

Also in agreement it ain't a musou/warriors game with you hyping it ;P

Top Bottom