• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 |OT| Explode 'em like a Blood Sausage

Dr.Acula

Banned
Oh shit, need this in OP.

t1411110000z0.png

Messing a bit with the beta, oh my with the character creation, is D:OS all over again. I'm gonna spend a couple hours there just thinking what the hell I want.

Yeah it's nuts. This is going to be one of those agonizing games where you invested in lockpicking and wise-ass and mechanical repair, but then you meet that girl looking for her pet dog, and nobody has animal whisperer...

Yeah it's nuts. This is going to be one of those agonizing games where you invested in lockpicking and wise-ass and mechanical repair, but then you meet that girl looking for her pet dog, and nobody has animal whisperer...

Animal talking is the best perk ever. It wholly redeemed Neverwinter Nights for me, with its first expansion pack.

I hope WL2 has it. I want to be bestest friends forever with the Mechano-Scorpion.

Gazoinks

Animal talking is the best perk ever. It wholly redeemed Neverwinter Nights for me, with its first expansion pack.

I hope WL2 has it. I want to be bestest friends forever with the Mechano-Scorpion.

It was absurdly amazing in Divinity as well.

Yeah, character creation in this game is pretty tight. Even with 4 characters, I always feel like I don't have enough points to quite cover everything I want. That's probably a good thing, though.

It does. :) I don't know if mechanical scorpions count as animals though...

It was absurdly amazing in Divinity as well.

Yeah, character creation in this game is pretty tight. Even with 4 characters, I always feel like I don't have enough points to quite cover everything I want. That's probably a good thing, though.
Bear in mind you can recruit other characters along the way...

Mupod

Played a bit of the beta a while back and just as I was getting into it, I found out saves wouldn't be carrying over.

Totally down for playing this over the weekend though. Will it be harder than the beta? Seemed like I was kinda waltzing through everything.

Coreda

Oh shit, need this in OP.

t1411110000z0.png

Nice to have a reference, thanks. Added to OP.

Edit: Farks thought in the second post it was 8:00, which one is correct? Can't remember where it was mentioned originally.

Edit 2: thanks for the confirmation.

batfax

Man, I can't wait to play this. I (mostly) abstained from the beta because I wanted to see most of the game as a fresh experience and now the time is almost here. So much hype. It'll also be cool to see my physical goods in the mail, but that's pretty secondary at this point.

Pretty pumped for this. Can't believe the game's out so soon. This game is proof of the value of the Kickstarter model. This game would never have been made without crowd funding. I still remember the original pitch video when the KS started. So glad this game made it and should turn out amazing. I eagerly await reviews.

I'll probably give this game a shot on Sunday. I have that entire day free so I'm looking forward to playing this.

So I got Wasteland 2 Deluxe from my key and all that, already, but it's the EA version currently. Is it just going to patch itself at around 3am or what? I'm a bit confused as to how this'll work.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So I got Wasteland 2 Deluxe from my key and all that, already, but it's the EA version currently. Is it just going to patch itself at around 3am or what? I'm a bit confused as to how this'll work.

Yeah, pretty sure that's how it'll work. Either that or the Beta Version will be deleted from your account and the full version will be added but I hope for the former.

Farks!

Nice to have a reference, thanks. Added to OP.

Edit: Farks thought in the second post it was 8:00, which one is correct? Can't remember where it was mentioned originally.

Edit 2: thanks for the confirmation.

Going by the announcement post here: https://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

It says 7am GMT. I haven't seen 8GMT listed anywhere.

My source was Brian Fargo's Facebook feed. I guess even the sun has its blind spots. :p

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't, going to have to google that.

Any recommendations on difficulty settings for Wasteland 2?

Start on the default difficulty. Manual even says that since it was balanced around it. Play the game once, and up the game's difficulty once your familiar.

It's funny how I knew about Wasteland as a kid before Fallout came out (and that the mythos was what inspired FO), even though I never played it. I really think it was the cover art that stuck with me, this is possibly the greatest game box I've ever seen:

Wasteland_Coverart.png

EA's thing in the '80s was to make computer game box art look like music album art.

IMG_1825.jpg

It was amazing.

Zabojnik

Fucking hell, I'm at least a full day away from playing the game and character creation paralysis is already creeping in. Feels bad, and yet so good.

The strongest recommendation I've read is
make sure that everyone uses a different weapon type, otherwise ammo will become scarce

And on this note, be sure to read the manual and
note what types of ammo each weapon uses, so you don't accidentally double up on weapons that use the same ammo. For example, SMGs and handguns both use the same ammo.

Coreda

Please add the 100 page Manual to the OP!

The manual is epic, everyone should read it, super helpful!

Everyone check out this Wasteland 2 Release FAQ!

Both added, as well as their active Facebook page. Also not sure if the OP is particularly well suited to mobile/small screen viewing atm, due to the divided images. Definitely suited to desktop viewing currently. How I wish GAF had a Center tag.

Blissful analysis paralysis.

Haha.

man I love it when an awesome game I didn't really know about creeps up on me like this. I'm reading this manual and holy mother of god I have to own this game... It's the Fallout I've wanted for years man holy shit

I'm already planning my characters. is there a list of skills and stats available online? edit: should probably shut up & finish the manual

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
man I love it when an awesome game I didn't really know about creeps up on me like this. I'm reading this manual and holy mother of god I have to own this game... It's the Fallout I've wanted for years man holy shit

I'm already planning my characters. is there a list of skills and stats available online? edit: should probably shut up & finish the manual

Keep reading that manual, it's all there.

seph1roth

To those who played the beta...someone knows if savegames from DRM free version are compatible with steam version?

Retail version launches on sept 26 and probably will be steam version (or DRMfree like a mate said in previous page, who knows...)

So, if DRMfree version is compatible with savegames from the steam version, would be great, because if that's true probably i will be playing it in a matter of hours thanks to a DRMfree copy.

Then next week when i have received the retail version i only have to move the save from one folder to the steam folder if retail game is compatible.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It's funny how I knew about Wasteland as a kid before Fallout came out (and that the mythos was what inspired FO), even though I never played it. I really think it was the cover art that stuck with me, this is possibly the greatest game box I've ever seen:

Wasteland_Coverart.png

Yup totally. I actually got one of the signed prints that Fargo was selling just because I wanted to have it to display. It's my favorite boxart ever.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
To those who played the beta...someone knows if savegames from DRM free version are compatible with steam version?

Retail version launches on sept 26 and probably will be steam version (or DRMfree like a mate said in previous page, who knows...)

So, if DRMfree version is compatible with savegames from the steam version, would be great, because if that's true probably i will be playing it in a matter of hours thanks to a DRMfree copy.

Then next week when i have received the retail version i only have to move the save from one folder to the steam folder if retail game is compatible.

I don't see how this wouldn't work.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

There is no DRM free version of the beta, only Steam so nobody can answer this. It would be *extremely* strange for the save files to differ between versions though.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
For whatever reasons that I cant quite put my finger on, I've never made it past 1/2 in DA, and Ive restarted that game countless times

This is the second time I try to play it. The first I wasn't relly feeling it and my save got erased by mistake. This time I'm linking it though. I think I'm in the final stretch of the base game, then I have Awakening and the stand alone DLCs.

BTW, can't wait to see if any of the 1300 lines of dialogue I've translated to Italian made it into the game. (/stealth bragging)

Mr. Tibbs

I haven't played since December last year, but even then I was pretty damn impressed with what Inxile had accomplished. Super excited to play the final game!

Top Bottom