• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs reviews

Why do you guys make gaming such hard work?

Would I be better off flushing £44.99 down the toilet?

According to the reviews so far, no, I wouldnt be better off throwing £44.99 down the toilet.

Is this game the second coming of RE4?

No, it is not as good as the greatest game ever made, but then nothing else is either.

Is it better than watching soaps for the 20 odd hours it takes to finish it.

Yes, but so is pouring sulfuric acid down your piss hole.

Would you rather play watch dogs or pour sulfuric acid down your piss hole?
A- No.
B- Yes.

If you answered A, go and pour some sulfuric acid down your piss hole.
If you answered B, purchase validated.

Is pretty much my thought process when deciding to buy a game or not.

Next gen level meltdown right there.

hwy_61

Banned
I think this thread along with the OT is making me lower my standards, which means I'm probably going to really enjoy this game!

According to the reviews so far, no, I wouldnt be better off throwing £44.99 down the toilet.

No, it is not as good as the greatest game ever made, but then nothing else is either.

A- No.
B- Yes.

Can you at least send me some so I can?

How do the review aggregator sites decide which version was reviewed? I notice Metacritic is classifying Giant Bomb's review as Xbox, but Jeff specifically says and shows in the quick look (not the review, though) that he's playing the PS4 version.

I'd say 95% of these "reviews" lump all the versions into a single copy-paste review.

They don't care about the graphics. If the gameplay and features are the exact same across all versions, they'll give every version the same score.

It's rare these days to get unique reviews for the same game on a per-platform basis. They might add an addendum paragraph to the original review, but they won't score each platform version on an individual basis.

tStOBej.gif

And that is not a yes/no question.

OK i've got the sulfuric acid.. now what do i do with it again?

The responses alone make this thread worthwhile.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Seems like you can't handle his criticism with that "kid" remark.

His post caught me by surprise and I got caught up and made the "kid" remark, but I was wrong for doing it. I apologize for that juvenile post.

Let's move on and not make this thread about that, though.

w1nter

Banned
After reading the reviews and watching some game play videos, I came to a conclusion that this game is not worth buying on launch day, however it's going to be a great pickup once the price falls and discounts start and what not. Good to know such stuff. Thanks for the review thread!

Seanspeed

Banned

GobFather

A- No.
B- Yes.

Have you ever answered A? Or have you bought every game that has ever existed? xD

tanooki27

after reading the reviews, it seems like they nailed the basic mechanics. that's the benchmark i was looking for. eager to pick this up in an hour or two.

AHA-Lambda

A- No.
B- Yes.

This has got to be tag worthy xD

Kelsey

Banned
My impressions: boring game with terrible driving mechanics featuring an empty town and mindless minigames that don't matter all over.

PS3/360 versions are a complete joke, comparable to GTA IV/Saints Row 2, but buggier.

PS4 version is alright.

Calling it an "empty town" leads me to believe you didn't actually play it. If anything, there's too many people on the streets. I've never gone into any gated community in real life and seen groups of people standing around on corners like I have in this game. There are literally people and cars everywhere. So much so that I wish I could get a break from them.

hwy_61

Banned
Calling it an "empty town" leads me to believe you didn't actually play it. If anything, there's too many people on the streets. I've never gone into any gated community in real life and seen groups of people standing around on corners like I have in this game. There are literally people and cars everywhere. So much so that I wish I could get a break from them.

Downtown Chicago is way more populated than this game presents it to be.

Source: I live in Chicago.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Most of the time I spent playing the game was on the PS3. Chicago is basically a ghost town on last-gen hardware.

It's a little better on the PS4, but still a lot of those walking around do it awkwardly, going nowhere in that Ubisoft-like way we've known since Assassin's Creed 1.

Kelsey

Banned
Most of the time I spent playing the game was on the PS3. Chicago is basically a ghost town on last-gen hardware.

It's a little better on the PS4, but still a lot of those walking around do it awkwardly, going nowhere in that Ubisoft-like way we've known since Assassin's Creed 1.

I hate that about the game. Combined with the awful driving mechanics, the game is essentially Death Race 2000 a lot of the time.

SaberEdge

The game is getting torn apart from user reviews on meta, dang.

Pretty much what I expected so far, somewhere in the 8's. Although I did think it was going to be the mid 8's.

They should just do away with the user reviews on metacritic, it's 90% fanboys and trolls anyway. Completely worthless.

Been playing the Xbox One version the past couple of hours and have been really enjoying the game. I am actually very impressed with just how well it looks and runs on my Xbox One.

I havent been following this game nearly as extensively as some so I was kind of surprised to see so many people pretty much seem to be hoping for nothing but the worst from this game. I guess the biggest surprise comes from the fact its a new IP. What exactly did Ubisoft do to garner so much of this hatred?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
the giant bomb review put me off of this game till I see a sale. sounds fun, but I got plenty on my plate to last a few months.

Top Bottom