• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weight Loss Before/After Thread! (with pics)

lsslave

Jew Gamer
cosmicblizzard said:
Congratulations. Even if you gained some back, you're still less than when you started. It happens to me too (damn holidays).

Started last June. I was apparently so out of shape that I ended up losing about 10 lbs a month until I hit a plateau at 210 around November. The weight loss seriously slowed down at that point and I didn't get below 200 until February. I kept at it and even increased my workout time a bit. I was going up and down for a while, but I eventually got to 185 which is where I am now. The thing is I only do cardio so I don't think I'm the norm in this situation.

The plateau is because your body basically functions at "you live a lifestyle for __ weight"

You can't just JUMP from a 250 lb eating lifestyle and activity to a 150 lb one, but once you get to the first section you DO have to modify it again.

This is a major failing point for many people, they try to magically go to a MUCH less weight lifestyle or else they give up instead of redesigning it after they reach a plateau

Btw: Cardio is all I really do, its good for the heart and I don't want to bulk up

bengraven

roman2003h said:
Really weird thread for gaf... :lol I lost a lot of weight too so I guess I'll post my pics too when I get a chance. I don't really think that this thread will encourage anyone to loose weight though since the reasons are different for every person. I think that the most important thing is to never feel bad about yourself no matter what.

Oh god no, between this and the Something Awful thread, I can't imagine anyone not feeling even a BIT motivated to try and lose weight.

lsslave said:
The plateau is because your body basically functions at "you live a lifestyle for __ weight"

You can't just JUMP from a 250 lb eating lifestyle and activity to a 150 lb one, but once you get to the first section you DO have to modify it again.

This is a major failing point for many people, they try to magically go to a MUCH less weight lifestyle or else they give up instead of redesigning it after they reach a plateau

Btw: Cardio is all I really do, its good for the heart and I don't want to bulk up

Yeah, I know. Yeah it was a bit disheartening at first, but that was before I knew all that exercise jargon. Right now, I'm just trying to maintain and not gain a hundred lbs during the holidays (especially since we celebrate Christmas and Hanukkah). Apparently the average American gains 15 lbs during the holiday season. I've been going up and down but I'm mostly staying steady.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
lsslave said:

Yeah, don't start weightlifting, or one day you'll wake up looking this this!

ubereem.gif

Weightlifting and cardio go hand in hand for fitness. You won't get big unless you work hard specifically to get big, which means more like doubling or tripling the calories you eat every day and consistently working an advanced program for a long time.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
cosmicblizzard said:
Yeah, I know. Yeah it was a bit disheartening at first, but that was before I knew all that exercise jargon. Right now, I'm just trying to maintain and not gain a hundred lbs during the holidays (especially since we celebrate Christmas and Hanukkah). Apparently the average American gains 15 lbs during the holiday season. I've been going up and down but I'm mostly staying steady.

The average american probably overeats, combined with lack of activity. Plan some outdoor winter activities, and remember that while turkey is delicious its best NOT to gorge.

Or else just make sure you eat NO junk food and spoil yourself Christmas day, I feel free to do that because I don't junk out!

EviLore said:

ubereem.gif

Weightlifting and cardio go hand in hand for fitness. You won't get big unless you work hard specifically to get big, which means more like doubling or tripling the calories you eat every day and consistently working an advanced program for a long time.

This is a common misconception. I worked out religiously for two years and never even came close to that. If anything, I only got smaller (I was much closer to a Bruce Lee than that guy in the pic). I weighed between 180-185 the whole time; at 6'2, I was actually quite small.

Getting that big doesn't just happen by accident.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
WickedAngel said:
This is a common misconception. I worked out religiously for two years and never even came close to that. If anything, I only got smaller (I was much closer to a Bruce Lee than that guy in the pic). I weight between 180-185 the whole time; at 6'2, I was actually quite small.

Getting that big doesn't just happen by accident.

Yep. And the same holds true for women, for that matter. Women don't magically turn into 300lb male bodybuilders with bikinis by doing some weight training. The monsters on the cover of fitness magazines are injecting bucketloads of roids to push way beyond their normal genetic limits. Women who barbell squat without all that just get fit. Same goes for the guys.

Fitness = cardio + weightlifting + nutrition.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
EviLore said:

ubereem.gif

lol overreem :D, I know your point isnt what Im gonna yap about now but mang, if theres one mmafighter that hasnt become athletic thanks to cardio/lifting alone its frigging overreem.

bengraven said:
Oh god no, between this and the Something Awful thread, I can't imagine anyone not feeling even a BIT motivated to try and lose weight.
I'm just talking from my own experience. Such things never motivate me. I guess we should start a separate thread asking people what motivates them. In my case it was health (high blood pressure). I was able to quit smoking so I figured I might as well try loosing weight. So question to gaf WHAT MOTIVATES YOU???

You know, screw waiting until I'm 180. I'm posting these now.

Here's me at my dorm room 2 years ago when I was pushing 260.

n503169584_249021_8201.jpg

And here's me a few minutes ago in my room at around 185 (sorry, it's a bit dark)

14739_622076147512_26108084_35841737_7721019_n.jpg

BONUS
Here's me at my former roommates apartment on Halloween.

11164_614254437282_26108084_35586944_2322668_n.jpg

Edit: Thought I should have a middle ground pic. so here's me at 230

n26108084_33318844_8299.jpg

hectorse said:
You got progressively dorkier too

LOL GOOD JOB! :D

:lol Thanks

I won't deny I'm dorkier (at least look wise), but it's much better than looking like a homeless person that stole an expensive jacket.

I have a few pictures. I have made a few threads ( Walking and Eating Six Times a day, One about detox and fasting etc...)

I started last September (7th) at 215. I currently weigh 179lbs. So I lost near 40lbs. :D

Heres a pic of me now.

14235_1288006874832_1069985230_891055_859782_n.jpg

Now I do have some better comparison pics, but they involve cosplay :lol :lol :lol

EDIT: Decided to add them. I was not going to at first LOL. Cosplaying as Trafalgar Law from One Piece.

Summer at Anime Expo 2009 ( The shirt I wore was a XL.) :lol :lol
9420_1245987744380_1069985230_771953_606505_n.jpg

Two Weeks ago... ( This shirt was a Medium ) :D
14235_1286854686028_1069985230_888247_5409743_n.jpg

Koshiba

I'm at about 118 now. Dropped down from a size 7 to being able to fit into my mom's size 1-3 jeans.

13333_1168225961359_1099230013_30413468_3945_n.jpg

trying to get a self taken side view of my waist was difficult. :lol

13333_1168226001360_1099230013_30413469_4336013_n.jpg

Trying to tone up a bit now, looking a lot better than I used to. :D

13333_1175186735374_1099230013_30428722_2502547_n.jpg

What sucks is no longer having pants that fit you but then going through your closet and finding pants that used to be too small now fitting is always good. :)

here's a bikini pic from 2008 I just found. I was probably 130-135 ish in that picture.
n1099230013_30028774_980.jpg

It's really hard to tell in these pictures. >_< Might help if it was summer and I could maybe try taking another similar bikini picture. Anyway, I'm happy. A lot of people always point out that I've lost weight. :D

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I started out at like 245 and am now down to around 175-180. I started this summer of 2008 cause I was fat and out of shape. Plus my two best friends had just gotten engaged and my goal was to not look like a total fat ass at their weddings which were both scheduled for may of 2009. By that time I was down to around 190 which was a nice improvement.

My birthday was last week, and I got some new clothes for my birthday. I about shit myself when I was in the dressing room at a store at the mall and had 3 pairs of jeans to try on. I went for the smallest ones first the 32-30s and they fit. I was like WTF I haven't worn 32-30s since I was like 10! LOL :lol

This is me at Hilton Head in like May of 2008 drinking Bourbon and coke.
Summer2008.jpg
Summer22008.jpg

This is me and my older brother at my Mom's lake house for Thanksgiving 2009.
Thanksgiving2009.jpg

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Glad to see the thread still going strong.

Cosmicblizzard, your 'starting' point you look like a hippie haha, even the facial hair. You should have had a terribly designed guitar and some tight tiger print pants.

Great job though, definite improvement!

Koshiba - Yours was a small change (not huge to begin with) but while you haven't shrunk massively your body has great definition now. Fantastic, a sign that even non-obese people can benefit largely from a healthy life :)

An update on my end : Now that I am back into music I am working out again, but now I am working my lower abs a lot to really give myself a mid-riff definition. I'm taking it a bit easy right now with Christmas but I work out every day before bed and feel great because of it. Be a lot nicer if I didn't turn into an introvert the last few months in an epic internal journey of soul searching :lol

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Koshiba said:
Yeah, I was never fat or overweight or anything. But I'm really surprised I did actually lose several pant sizes. :eek:

Its more than weight, its shape. I want a scrawny build so I don't do much but my stomach was soft at the end of my last one before this year so this time as I redo it (didn't gain much but I want to lose more than I did before) I am going to focus a LOT on the abdomen to make it tight while slightly building my chest.

I like the body type I have building up, my hips and ribs stick out (I still have a lot of flab on me, you know that old adage "you're big boned" well its true with me, my chest with ribs sticking out is still stretching and wrecking size M shirts and my shoulder base shreds even large shirts)

Vanillalite

lsslave said:
Its more than weight, its shape. I want a scrawny build so I don't do much but my stomach was soft at the end of my last one before this year so this time as I redo it (didn't gain much but I want to lose more than I did before) I am going to focus a LOT on the abdomen to make it tight while slightly building my chest.

I like the body type I have building up, my hips and ribs stick out (I still have a lot of flab on me, you know that old adage "you're big boned" well its true with me, my chest with ribs sticking out is still stretching and wrecking size M shirts and my shoulder base shreds even large shirts)

Honestly I'm cool with weighing 175 and being 5'10, but I do want to shape up my body some. That's more of my goal in 2009 rather than really losing anymore weight.

Zaptruder

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
You know, screw waiting until I'm 180. I'm posting these now.

Here's me at my dorm room 2 years ago when I was pushing 260.

n503169584_249021_8201.jpg

And here's me a few minutes ago in my room at around 185 (sorry, it's a bit dark)

14739_622076147512_26108084_35841737_7721019_n.jpg

BONUS
Here's me at my former roommates apartment on Halloween.

11164_614254437282_26108084_35586944_2322668_n.jpg

Edit: Thought I should have a middle ground pic. so here's me at 230

n26108084_33318844_8299.jpg

I'm sorry, but you actually look best @ 230. You just seem to have a good presence in that pic... the one where you're lightest... you're just another geek in the crowd! :p

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
SnakeSlashRO said:
I have a few pictures. I have made a few threads ( Walking and Eating Six Times a day, One about detox and fasting etc...)

I started last September (7th) at 215. I currently weigh 179lbs. So I lost near 40lbs. :D

Heres a pic of me now.

14235_1288006874832_1069985230_891055_859782_n.jpg

Now I do have some better comparison pics, but they involve cosplay :lol :lol :lol

EDIT: Decided to add them. I was not going to at first LOL. Cosplaying as Trafalgar Law from One Piece.

Summer at Anime Expo 2009 ( The shirt I wore was a XL.) :lol :lol
9420_1245987744380_1069985230_771953_606505_n.jpg

Two Weeks ago... ( This shirt was a Medium ) :D
14235_1286854686028_1069985230_888247_5409743_n.jpg

Wow you look very very handsome now

Down from 216 to 197 in the last month or two. Still a fat fuck but happy at the progress. Have been running a bunch, drinking way less beer (vodka for me now!) and eating better. Will post pics after another 20 dropped.

For everyone else, keep it up. Some amazing progress in this thread.

mjc

This is a great thread to read up on, lots of encouragement going around.

I'm 5'11" and about 195lbs. Ever since graduating HS about four years ago I haven't really done any kind of extensive exercise like I used to and yet I've floated around that weight for a long, long while. My New Year's resolution is to hit the gyms again getting some good cardio in, what would you recommend for starting regiments?

lsslave

Jew Gamer
gutterboy44 said:
Down from 216 to 197 in the last month or two. Still a fat fuck but happy at the progress. Have been running a bunch, drinking way less beer (vodka for me now!) and eating better. Will post pics after another 20 dropped.

For everyone else, keep it up. Some amazing progress in this thread.

Vodka kicks ass so you can keep drinking that AND be awesome! :lol

Brettison said:
Honestly I'm cool with weighing 175 and being 5'10, but I do want to shape up my body some. That's more of my goal in 2009 rather than really losing anymore weight.

A few tips for shaping up:

Situps are bad for your spine, do crunches instead. (Seriously, REALLY bad for your spine)

Crunches will only work for your upper abs, the lower ones have another excercise which I don't know how to explain but you can look it up.

Stretch, seriously if you want to 'shape' but not build its a great workout because it keeps the muscles from building OUT while still making them denser. I do a toe touching stretch and it works great (50 just fingers to warm up, then 100 putting my knuckles to the ground at a slower rate to pull, then palms on the ground to REALLY stretch for 50, then twisting and doing the sides)

Squat thrusts put WAY too much onto just your thighs, and running is bad for your knees, so if you want to tone your legs well I fully recommend you jog.

As for arms, those most people want to make big instead of dense but don't forget to do your shoulders (because I have a crippled shoulder I can't work my arms too much so I avoid thick muscles all over and just make them dense and strong)

A good workout should be an intense 15-20 minutes with your heart rate up when you want to 'shape up' done daily. I like before bed, I shower after and I feel great the next day!

lsslave said:
Crunches will only work for your upper abs, the lower ones have another excercise which I don't know how to explain but you can look it up.

Crunches, and Leg Lifts. Easiest thing you can do hop out of bed. Do Three Sets of 20.
Also Push ups, if they are hard on your wrist then do them on a stairs (unless you are doing to be a body builder or prove something, who cares what anyone says.) Do 200 a day.
Thats what I do and I have made some good progress.... but in all honestly... I dont do it EVERYDAY, more like every other day.

Also Jogging 4 times a week! :D ( when I say this.. that means jog a bit, walk a bit.. maybe a sprint here and there..... I realize I could be pushing my self harder then I do. LOL)

lsslave

Jew Gamer
SnakeSlashRO said:
Crunches, and Leg Lifts. Easiest thing you can do hop out of bed. Do Three Sets of 20.
Also Push ups, if they are hard on your wrist then do them on a stairs (unless you are doing to be a body builder or prove something, who cares what anyone says.) Do 200 a day.
Thats what I do and I have made some good progress.... but in all honestly... I dont do it EVERYDAY, more like every other day.

Also Jogging 4 times a week! :D ( when I say this.. that means jog a bit, walk a bit.. maybe a sprint here and there..... I realize I could be pushing my self harder then I do. LOL)

A 'hard' routine is easier to fall out of than an easy routine. Just remember though that running is REALLY bad for your knees (I have bad knees therefore I stick to jogging where there is less impact)

I can't do pushups at all with my shoulder but I have found many other unique workouts for my body now that I am working out again :D

lsslave said:
A 'hard' routine is easier to fall out of than an easy routine. Just remember though that running is REALLY bad for your knees (I have bad knees therefore I stick to jogging where there is less impact)

I can't do pushups at all with my shoulder but I have found many other unique workouts for my body now that I am working out again :D

Do them on your knees then. Or light dumb bell press.
I just started doing pull ups and chin ups... I can only get about 5 without stopping but every time I walk past the bar, I do my five. So do one push up randomly till you can do two. Then build.

Jogging can be harsh on the knees, but it has to be done. That or hit up an elliptical machine... But still do real jogging once in a while.

Slurmer

Banned
Just do p90x guys, those suckers tell you everything you need to do!

Anyways, I'm down from 230 to around 193. I started in May or June and was making good progress but slacked a bit after getting over swine flu. Getting back into the groove was a pain in the ass, but all is well for now.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
SnakeSlashRO said:
Do them on your knees then. Or light dumb bell press.
I just started doing pull ups and chin ups... I can only get about 5 without stopping but every time I walk past the bar, I do my five. So do one push up randomly till you can do two. Then build.

Jogging can be harsh on the knees, but it has to be done. That or hit up an elliptical machine... But still do real jogging once in a while.

The tricep in my right arm is detached, the collar bone is snapped and healed improperly, and the shoulder blade sits on my vertebrae.

Lifting a 5 lb. weight is so much pain that I generally bite through my lip.

Jogging properly is low impact, if its hard on your knees you should see how its supposed to be done (its not slow running, and all the impact is absorbed by your thighs)

Vanillalite

Thanks for all the tips everyone! As you can see even in my thanksgiving pick from last month I'm hardly super in shape or anything, but just have lost a descent amount of weight.

baultista

Banned
Summer 2006: 230lb and ~30% body fat
2n7dpjp.jpg

Fall 2008: 182lb and ~13% body fat:
2u5b9li.jpg

Fall 2009: 192lb and ~16% body fat
fuvwr8.jpg

I typically avoid pictures, so I don't really have anything more illustrative :lol

I fell off the bandwagon a little bit this winter. I blame most of it on my inability to run properly since hyper-extending my knee, and the insane difficulty of some of my courses.... plus the fact that I stopped eating at healthily as I once did. Right now I'm about 200lb and 18% body fat.

I want to get my body fat percentage back down, and with this little support group thread I plan to do just that :lol I've given up on good looks, for now. My new goal is good health and athletic performance.

...and no, I can no longer do a handstand. I blame THAT on my separated shoulder.

lsslave said:
Cosmicblizzard, your 'starting' point you look like a hippie haha, even the facial hair. You should have had a terribly designed guitar and some tight tiger print pants.

Great job though, definite improvement!

Lol thanks. Everyone always told me I looked like a hippie in college. Ironic considering the sober-age thread I made.

Zaptruder said:
I'm sorry, but you actually look best @ 230. You just seem to have a good presence in that pic... the one where you're lightest... you're just another geek in the crowd! :p

Notice I'm in my house in the thinnest pic. I don't have any recent pics, but the way I look in public is definitely more akin to the 230 pic, only thinner.

Karak

Koshiba said:
I'm at about 118 now. Dropped down from a size 7 to being able to fit into my mom's size 1-3 jeans.

13333_1168225961359_1099230013_30413468_3945_n.jpg

trying to get a self taken side view of my waist was difficult. :lol

13333_1168226001360_1099230013_30413469_4336013_n.jpg

Trying to tone up a bit now, looking a lot better than I used to. :D

13333_1175186735374_1099230013_30428722_2502547_n.jpg

What sucks is no longer having pants that fit you but then going through your closet and finding pants that used to be too small now fitting is always good. :)

here's a bikini pic from 2008 I just found. I was probably 130-135 ish in that picture.
n1099230013_30028774_980.jpg

It's really hard to tell in these pictures. >_< Might help if it was summer and I could maybe try taking another similar bikini picture. Anyway, I'm happy. A lot of people always point out that I've lost weight. :D
Wow...uhm...ya wow.
Oh and the total gym in the background...good times.
Amazing workout in a small machine.

Koshiba

I just checked my measurements, my waist is 25 now. :) The last time I had checked it, was around 27-29 inches usually. so I've lost inches too. /cheer 34 1/2 - 25 - 35

NimbusD

Fuck, just went to buy new jeans and was not please at the sizes I was fitting into. Time to join this thread, be back in a few months!

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Koshiba said:
I just checked my measurements, my waist is 25 now. :) The last time I had checked it, was around 27-29 inches usually. so I've lost inches too. /cheer 34 1/2 - 25 - 35

Thats fantastic :) I just hope you stick to toning and etc. and don't go ridiculous. I fully support shaping up even when you aren't fat, and am happy you're getting results, but you go anorexic on me and any support on my end will be dropped soooo quick ;) haha

Koshiba

lsslave said:
Thats fantastic :) I just hope you stick to toning and etc. and don't go ridiculous. I fully support shaping up even when you aren't fat, and am happy you're getting results, but you go anorexic on me and any support on my end will be dropped soooo quick ;) haha

Naw, I don't think I could ever be anorexic. :p edit: also, I'm gonna try to do some modeling but I'd rather go the toned model look than the anorexic one.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I think I need to pull a Koshiba!

I am not really overweight... actually I am probably just barely not underweight, but I need more shape! I need to tone up, I was starting to - was working out, but the holiday season pretty much killed my energy (I work in retail =/ ). I have a buddy moving in soon who really wants to lose weight and work out, and I hear having a work out buddy helps keep you going. I just hope I don't accidentally lose more weight.

PS. Koshiba, how many sweaty-love-PM's do you get daily?

cbox

Koshiba, your bum looks fantastic, good job!!! ;)

I have my own story, and can relate to all of you. I've lost over 60lbs over 6 months working at an ice cream warehouse :lol :lol with access to literally, TONNES of haggendaaz and nestle ice cream.

Average about 160 now and have gained a tonne of muscle. Trying to get some stubborn fat off my midsection for a 200km bike ride i'll be doing in June for Cancer.

To anyone who needs some motivation, do it - it's the greatest feeling when someone notices the weight you've lost. :)

Before
5156vn.jpg

After
sgiu1d.jpg

2z82t0i.jpg

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Koshiba said:
Naw, I don't think I could ever be anorexic. :p edit: also, I'm gonna try to do some modeling but I'd rather go the toned model look than the anorexic one.

Hopefully it all works out in that way :)

Either way, the best part of looking good is how you feel about yourself for doing it!

(Btw: Koshiba, as per your other post... lets face it you enjoy harassing virgin GAF by posting bikini shots. You know how bad some people can be and you do it anyhow :lol I might be wrong I just kind of figured you're fucking with them. I've seen the things that get said to you on this forum haha)

Eternal Prize -> Holy shit man, you got fucking hot! Its not often I say that about guys but I won't deny it, you turned yourself around!

Its all in your look, your eyes, you just have that badass hot guy look now. I am jealous, hopefully once I am done this routine (5 perogies, 1 egg, and 1 pickle is all I ate today. Hurray dieting right before Christmas when all the goodies are coming out :/ ) I can pull of a look that good!

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Here is my current pic - maybe posting it will help inspire guilt me into getting toned up.

2dkxsvk.jpg

Mind you, I just ate 4 pizza pockets and 3 croissants (after my dinner) so I am a bit bloated.

Koshiba

lsslave said:
Hopefully it all works out in that way :)

Either way, the best part of looking good is how you feel about yourself for doing it!

(Btw: Koshiba, as per your other post... lets face it you enjoy harassing virgin GAF by posting bikini shots. You know how bad some people can be and you do it anyhow :lol I might be wrong I just kind of figured you're fucking with them. I've seen the things that get said to you on this forum haha)

Well it's an old bikini shot. Lol. I remember before being insulted though but i think it's just at this point.. I've gotten more confidence in myself so I care less now about if other people find me attractive or not since I FEEL attractive. ya know? Not only that, I've been getting out of a "relationship" where the guy has been messing with my emotions/head/etc for the past few months and I finally decided I needed to put a stop to being treated like that since I like myself more than that. :[

jenov4

2004-2005 era and prior..:
2004_before.jpg

After (Sept 2008, Ironman Muskoka 70.3)
2008_muskoka00.jpg

2008_muskoka01.jpg

2008_muskoka02.jpg

2008_muskoka03.jpg

I was hesitant to post before and after shots of myself because I'm still really self conscious, but I figure if it helps to motivate just one person out there, then it's worth it.

Little background:
Was pretty much inactive throughout Highschool and University. Decided that it was time for a change and started jogging. Went from lamp post to lamp post. I never gave up and eventually did my first 10k race, which in turned led to a marathon, and now triathlons. Completed my first Ironman (140.6 miles) this year...

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Geez man, you have my ideal body! Maybe I should get a treadmill, It's going to be too cold for me to run outdoors until at least March, maybe April.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Koshiba said:
Well it's an old bikini shot. Lol. I remember before being insulted though but i think it's just at this point.. I've gotten more confidence in myself so I care less now about if other people find me attractive or not since I FEEL attractive. ya know? Not only that, I've been getting out of a "relationship" where the guy has been messing with my emotions/head/etc for the past few months and I finally decided I needed to put a stop to being treated like that since I like myself more than that. :[

Insulted? I'm used to seeing you get hit on in the forum :lol

I am glad you have confidence, and you should definitely feel attractive because you are absolutely gorgeous. You have every reason to feel confident in yourself!

As for your relationship, I've been in relationships with girls who do the same (usually leads to me getting fucked up and taking the breakup really hard when I am usually strong and assertive I become a shell) and I have to say, from what I've chatted with you on GAF, you are definitely better than that.

Drop his ass, he isn't worth the time of day. No one deserves to feel bad and you have every reason to feel good about yourself!

Kinitari -> You don't look terrible, you could use a little toning but your body holds itself well! (although dreds? You can do better! haha sorry... I have female friends getting them now and just... /sigh)

Seriously, a good month of working on toning and you'll be looking great! Definitely do some chest, your body type could use a bit of definition there with your smaller ribs and shoulders.

jenov4 -> Damn, you really did good! And get some self confidence, your body is looking peak! Right now a big thing for you is confidence, although you have enough to go shirtless in public so that's damn good!

Edit:

Kinitari said:
Geez man, you have my ideal body! Maybe I should get a treadmill, It's going to be too cold for me to run outdoors until at least March, maybe April.

Cold weather exercising is actually not bad, if you can find a non-icy area to go for a jog/run. You will perspire a lot less in the end and lose less water. The area of Alberta I am in we regularly hit -30 to -40 C but if its -10 to -20 I love a nice cold weather jog. You move enough to stay warm (wear headphones that cover the ear or earmuffs! The wind sucks!) and aren't as exhausted as you would be in the summer!

Top Bottom