• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weight Loss Before/After Thread! (with pics)

Lamel

Banned
ipukespiders said:
Walnuts!

Here is a pic today at 146, no "before" pics.
Bruce Lee theme inspired by the fitness thread!

5849732273_34cccd55b6_z.jpg

Holy crap! Dude I am 5'10" and my legs are pretty skinny, but I am nowhere near that buff, I look much skinnier...and I'm 4 inches shorter than you! That is remarkable...unless you made a mistake converting your weight or something. But damn.

What's an effective way to implement oatmeal into a low-carb diet? Though it sounds oxymoronic, I did lose weight earlier in the semester by going on an oatmeal and veggie/chicken diet.

Also, a cup of chocolate milk as a recovery drink for my workouts. >.>

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Saadster said:
Holy crap! Dude I am 5'10" and my legs are pretty skinny, but I am nowhere near that buff, I look much skinnier...and I'm 4 inches shorter than you! That is remarkable...unless you made a mistake converting your weight or something. But damn.

You can have two people at the same height and same weight, but if one of them has more muscle tissue than the other, they will look quite a bit different. It definitely seems like it's important to do resistance exercises if you don't want to end up "skinny fat".

Lamel

Banned
Zefah said:
You can have two people at the same height and same weight, but if one of them has more muscle tissue than the other, they will look quite a bit different. It definitely seems like it's important to do resistance exercises if you don't want to end up "skinny fat".

That makes sense I guess, but I am a regular from the fitness thread, and I have been gaining a good amount of muscle, with like 10% body fat...it's amazing how he's so ripped.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Saadster said:
That makes sense I guess, but I am a regular from the fitness thread, and I have been gaining a good amount of muscle, with like 10% body fat...it's amazing how he's so ripped.

You have 10% body fat and you aren't that ripped?

My blood test came back good -- all things are in their right range and my bad cholesterol is low, but my blood pressure is still high normal - 135/90. I have 3 months to get this thing down or my doctor is recommending meds. Fuck.

Also, my sodium is good but he said the blood test isn't a good indicator for whether my dietary sodium is too high. That's confusing. Well I'm still reducing it in my cooking, although I haven't made any changes to my social life, which involves eating out quite a bit.

ipukespiders said:
I don't know that there is a number.
The general rule (for weight training) is 1 gram per lb of lean body weight. So even less for those that don't.
Yeah I'm just trying to figure out how not to overdo it when thinking about simple weight loss since I'm eating so much protein-rich meat and fish now. I don't do weights just cardio. I know there are many people who will tell you too much protein is bad for you.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Gary Whitta said:
Yeah I'm just trying to figure out how not to overdo it when thinking about simple weight loss since I'm eating so much protein-rich meat and fish now. I don't do weights just cardio. I know there are many people who will tell you too much protein is bad for you.

One thing I've learned since starting low-carb and doing a lot of research (I've barely scratched the surface still) is that there are many people who are full of shit. It seems like the majority of nutrition information out there is misinformation based on flawed fundamentals.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
parrotbeak said:
My blood test came back good -- all things are in their right range and my bad cholesterol is low, but my blood pressure is still high normal - 135/90. I have 3 months to get this thing down or my doctor is recommending meds. Fuck.

Also, my sodium is good but he said the blood test isn't a good indicator for whether my dietary sodium is too high. That's confusing. Well I'm still reducing it in my cooking, although I haven't made any changes to my social life, which involves eating out quite a bit.

Eat low-carb and take Magnesium Citrate (400mg). Trust me. There is no need for meds.

My blood pressure averaged yours prior to eating low-carb. Now I can't get it past 122/77 even if I wanted to.

Domino Theory said:
Eat low-carb and take Magnesium Citrate (400mg). Trust me. There is no need for meds.

My blood pressure averaged yours prior to eating low-carb. Now I can't get it past 122/77 even if I wanted to.
Thanks, I'll look into the magnesium citrate. Was guessing low carb would help with water retention. What number of carbs do you try to keep under?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
parrotbeak said:
Thanks, I'll look into the magnesium citrate. Was guessing low carb would help with water retention. What number of carbs do you try to keep under?

I aimed around 50g when I started but now that I've lost so much fat, I aim for under 100g. I average 3-5000mg of sodium a day and have been for a year now. Blood pressure has only dropped.

Whoa, this magnesium citrate thing is a crazy laxative huh? I already have good and fairly regular bowel movements, usually once when I wake and sometimes another before lunch. Hmm, well, I'll pick some up and play with it on a day when I'm not leaving the house.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
parrotbeak said:
Whoa, this magnesium citrate thing is a crazy laxative huh? I already have good and fairly regular bowel movements, usually once when I wake and sometimes another before lunch. Hmm, well, I'll pick some up and play with it on a day when I'm not leaving the house.

I've been taking 400mg every night just before bed and haven't had a laxative effect (Magnesium Citrate also promotes relaxation and better sleep).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I just discovered this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6vpFV6Wkl4&feature=player_embedded

I haven't watched it yet, but apparently it's Gary Taubes explaining the stuff in his book "Why We Get Fat and What We Can Do About It", which is an absolutely fascinating book that I'm about 60% through right now.

If you don't like reading, at least give this video (1:27:51 length) a watch. You'll learn a ton about why we get fat.

Zefah said:
Wow, I just discovered this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6vpFV6Wkl4&feature=player_embedded

I haven't watched it yet, but apparently it's Gary Taubes explaining the stuff in his book "Why We Get Fat and What We Can Do About It", which is an absolutely fascinating book that I'm about 60% through right now.

If you don't like reading, at least give this video (1:27:51 length) a watch. You'll learn a ton about why we get fat.

Awesome, thanks for posting this.
If I can't get my family to read the book, maybe I'll at least get them to watch this vid.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Gary Whitta said:

This is an example of why it's so important to control variables in science.

It could be:
1. Indeed low calories changes the hunger/satiety system.
2. Low calorie diets activate Sirtuin and other genes that help fix the pancreas/liver/hypothalamus.
3. Low calorie happened in many subjects to reduce food reward allowing a period of healing.
4. The low calorie meals also reduced whatever the problem was to below the threshold of the subject's tolerance allowing healing. This could be sugar, carbs, flavorings, preservatives, omega6, ie ANYTHING because it wasn't controlled.
5. Unknown unknowns.

Gary Whitta said:
How much protein is too much?

As long as you get 20% or so of your calories from essential fats, and 10% glucose (long term), I don't think there is a limit. At least for survival. To put it in perspective there were several instances in history in which your ancestors were the ones to survive harsh winters and famines because they could eat lots of meat.

Zefah said:

I view this as the equivalent of statics in physics. I find it ironic how Taubes talks about how it's biology and no physics and yet shows diagrams of hormones as static forces with insulin being dominant. While it is true Insulin is king, what causes fasting insulin levels to be high (insulin resistance, diabetes) is a bit more nuanced and it is possible to overeat without having a big insulin problem. You wouldn't be mega obese, but it would make you mildly overweight. Taubes made great contributions to dismantling the Keys' lipid hypothesis and the idea that obesity just happens.

Also consider anything else that puts hormones related to metabolism in chaos:
1. Sleep deprivation. (ghrelin)
2. Leptin Resistance. (er, leptin)
3. Food reward. (dopamine)
4. Exercise (GLUT-4, androgens)

Excellent start though.

If I had to lose weight again I would attack the problem using all methods:
1. Sleep 8 hours+ per night.
2. Eat bland food.
3. Eliminate sugar.
4. Limit carbohydrates, and when you do eat them favor bland potatoes, rice.
5. Create a food log to see what foods make you overeat. Don't eat those food anymore. For example, instead of MSG seasoned peanuts with cool ranch, eat plain peanuts.
6. Gradually exercise up to 30 minutes per day, 6 days per week. Favor strength training and limit cardio to 20 minutes unless you feel good about doing more.
7. Get good lipids. Limit soybean oil and other omega6 fats and get fresh animal fats, olive oil, coconut oil, fish oil.
8. If all else fails, apply short term caloric restriction.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
teh_pwn said:
I view this as the equivalent of statics in physics. I find it ironic how Taubes talks about how it's biology and no physics and yet shows diagrams of hormones as static forces with insulin being dominant. While it is true Insulin is king, what causes fasting insulin levels to be high (insulin resistance, diabetes) is a bit more nuanced and it is possible to overeat without having a big insulin problem. You wouldn't be mega obese, but it would make you mildly overweight. Taubes made great contributions to dismantling the Keys' lipid hypothesis and the idea that obesity just happens.

Also consider anything else that puts hormones related to metabolism in chaos:
1. Sleep deprivation. (ghrelin)
2. Leptin Resistance. (er, leptin)
3. Food reward. (dopamine)
4. Exercise (GLUT-4, androgens)

Excellent start though.

If I had to lose weight again I would attack the problem using all methods:
1. Sleep 8 hours+ per night.
2. Eat bland food.
3. Eliminate sugar.
4. Limit carbohydrates, and when you do eat them favor bland potatoes, rice.
5. Create a food log to see what foods make you overeat. Don't eat those food anymore. For example, instead of MSG seasoned peanuts with cool ranch, eat plain peanuts.
6. Gradually exercise up to 30 minutes per day, 6 days per week. Favor strength training and limit cardio to 20 minutes unless you feel good about doing more.
7. Get good lipids. Limit soybean oil and other omega6 fats and get fresh animal fats, olive oil, coconut oil, fish oil.
8. If all else fails, apply short term caloric restriction.

Obviously human biology is a lot more complicated than the story that Taubes presents, and I'm still just scratching the surface of all of this, but I don't think he is sending out a flawed message, unlike the "eat less, exercise more" crew.

Insulin is the king, and for most people, reigning it in will allow them to lose weight quite easily. He does simplify things, but I think he has to in order to make the topic easily understandable for people who don't take a serious interest and do lots of research on their own. What he presents should be quite eye opening for a lot of people, and hopefully it will prompt them to do more research on their own. Even if their only take away is "if you are predisposed to become fat, cutting carbs will help make you lean", then that's still more helpful than any "calories in/calories out"-based argument.

Ate a massive amount of food this past week since last weigh in. Weight stayed the same (well, .5 lbs less, using an "analog" scale, so it's hard to tell - probably will buy a digital scale).
I dropped my carbs even lower than usual, below 50g per day, and increased my fat intake dramatically.
Gave up the daily banana, and often daily peanut butter sandwich in favour of just eating peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon. Switched to whole milk instead of 2%. Ate about 2 dozen sausages, a 500g pack of bacon. Even started drinking small amounts of 33% whipping cream like you would a "shot". Six eggs a day, both boiled and fried in bacon fat. Of course, still eating the tuna, steak, ground beef, chicken breast, cheese, nuts, and my green veggies.
My buddy made a Costco run to the city, and picked me up 2 tubs of Kaizen whey, so I'm back to that as well.
I'm still on my same eating schedule, but I now eat until I'm satisfied - and I like to eat.

I'll see how next weeks weigh in goes. It's a fun experiment.

reverend green

Neo Member
last summer:
40227_1416131324763_1277001454_31124365_850145_n1-1.jpg

34033_1356280623198_1116950617_30882342_2310110_n-1.jpg

this summer:
270945_1750141318397_1384788698_31504098_4329579_n-1-1-1.jpg

270402_1856429486607_1116950617_31705991_3601114_n.jpg

i started trying to lose weight around late feb/early march of this year, and I've lost about 40-45 pounds since then (not sure what my initial weight was exactly). I'm mainly just eating a lot less and actually having some nutrition in my diet. I exercise a lot more now too, but I really want to ramp that up and get into shape.

harSon

Banned
Having watched that video, I think I'm going to try out a low carbohydrate diet. I've already lost close to 130 pounds by using a low calorie diet and exercise (351 down to the low 220s), ironically what the video dismisses, but I'm interested in seeing what this diet will net me. The only thing that sucks is I've basically been dieting for 1-2 years, and my diet has basically become second nature and a true lifestyle change, so transitioning to a new form of diet and basically starting over in that regard is kind of going to suck.

Made a really tasty dinner tonight, thin-crust pizza using flatout bread with grilled chicken and mushrooms and garlic and cheese. The only carbs of any significance came from the pizza sauce base and overall the whole pizza was about 12 carbs, with lots of fiber too. Very filling. I would post a photo but it's already in my belly.

harSon

Banned
Can someone point me in the right direction in terms of familiarizing myself with low-carbohydrate diets and constructing a diet plan utilizing it?

Did some grocery shopping earlier today as I was running low on a few things.

Here I am with my 3 big blocks of cheese (2kgs worth), several packages of ground beef, a head of cabbage, celery, and tomatos.

As I am waiting, this huge lady (with her skinny husband) behind me is unloading her items onto the conveyor belt. You can tell she's trying, but just doesn't get it.

Kashi "lean"? cereal
All bran cereal
quaker rice cake thingys
"vegetable" oil
sugar free jello
2 bags of chips
Basically, an entire cart full of carbs.

An observational study, yes. Doesn't mean the food is what she eats. Actually it doesn't prove anything, other than that I was bored and need to mind my own business - of course, I didn't say anything, so no harm done.
Looking at people's body types and the contents of their carts will be my new "bored waiting in line" grocery store pastime.

So, I'm trying to cut rice out of my diet but it's so hard. I've been eating it as long as I can remember and just don't know what to replace it with.

teh_pwn

ipukespiders said:
Did some grocery shopping earlier today as I was running low on a few things.

Here I am with my 3 big blocks of cheese (2kgs worth), several packages of ground beef, a head of cabbage, celery, and tomatos.

As I am waiting, this huge lady (with her skinny husband) behind me is unloading her items onto the conveyor belt. You can tell she's trying, but just doesn't get it.

Kashi "lean"? cereal
All bran cereal
quaker rice cake thingys
"vegetable" oil
sugar free jello
2 bags of chips
Basically, an entire cart full of carbs.

An observational study, yes. Doesn't mean the food is what she eats. Actually it doesn't prove anything, other than that I was bored and need to mind my own business - of course, I didn't say anything, so no harm done.
Looking at people's body types and the contents of their carts will be my new "bored waiting in line" grocery store pastime.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to predict someone's physique based on what their cart has. The mega obese people at HEB nearly always have juice, soda, pizza, beer/wine, and white bread.

I've given up on trying to explain to people that what I'm eating is healthy. The Keys lipid hypothesis is really integrated into culture. Whether it's bacon, lard, steak, butter, etc there are constant references to these being unhealthy. Commercials, TV shows, movies, conversations. Then there's the medical industry. They should know better. I've had lipids taken before and have stellar markers (low glucose, low trig, very high HDL, low blood pressure, small waist) except for total cholesterol being a few points higher than 200 they red flagged it. I asked them if they measure LDL subpatterns and they didn't know what the hell I'm talking about. It's their damn job to know this. If my GP ever thinks this is an issue I'll print out the study from the American heart association showing a 50% correlation of high LDL in patients that died of heart attack and a > 80% correlation of patients that had high small, dense LDL and died of heart attack. Think about what it means that 50% of high LDL patients died of a heart attack.

All of this stupidity because some 1950s ego centric charlatan dropped data that didn't fit his theory so he could make a linear correlation between fat intake and heart disease. It's really fucking scary that this shit has gone on this long. It really is like Brawndo from Idiocracy.

Now that the American Heart Association and other major players are publishing data showing this relationship between total LDL and heart disease doesn't exist, we'll probably have a change of policy by 2020. It's going to take time for the big pharma to loosen their grip - probably when they find a drug that can lower specifically small, dense LDL or mitigate it's oxidation. 70 fucking years, god fucking dammit.

EDIT: Sorry for the rant. I have a poor filter and it's been overloaded by bottling this up in real life. neogaf was my livejournal.

Shaneus

There have been several references to Brawndo in this thread, haven't there? :lol

PS. Has to be said again... 6 KFC nuggets, no sauce, 13g carbs. Can't believe that's acceptable with *any* diet.

teh_pwn

Shaneus said:
There have been several references to Brawndo in this thread, haven't there? :lol

PS. Has to be said again... 6 KFC nuggets, no sauce, 13g carbs. Can't believe that's acceptable with *any* diet.

That's still shitty food. If your case of being overweight is more complex that statics insulin load, you could improve things. I'm betting those nuggets had fillers, were fried in soybean oil so it's likely the lipids were damaged. Also could have some vegetables, makes it easier on the body in multiple ways.

Schlep

teh_pwn said:
I've given up on trying to explain to people that what I'm eating is healthy. The Keys lipid hypothesis is really integrated into culture. Whether it's bacon, lard, steak, butter, etc there are constant references to these being unhealthy. Commercials, TV shows, movies, conversations.
I shop at a Trader Joe's like store, and I haven't had anyone say anything. Like today I rolled up to the counter with eggs, grass fed NY strip (1.5 lbs), 2 lbs of pollo asado (thighs), giant brick of butter, whole milk, 1.25 lbs of colby jack, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes, romaine, cucumber, oranges, low carb tortillas, and the lowest carb organic bread they have (7g net). Not a single word. This has been going on for a while now.

Maybe they see the veggies and think it offsets everything else.

Shaneus

teh_pwn said:
That's still shitty food. If your case of being overweight is more complex that statics insulin load, you could improve things. I'm betting those nuggets had fillers, were fried in soybean oil so it's likely the lipids were damaged. Also could have some vegetables, makes it easier on the body in multiple ways.
Not grossly overweight, but there's definitely flab. I just thought it was essentially as simple as counting carbs and making sure you don't consume an excessive amount... knowing it's not quite that simple, I think I have some more research to do! And will keep those down to a one-every-few-weeks treat rather than a semi-regular thing.

cubanb

Banned
teh_pwn said:
EDIT: Sorry for the rant. I have a poor filter and it's been overloaded by bottling this up in real life. neogaf was my livejournal.

Not at all.
I enjoy the rants from like minded people. The healthy grains bullshit, and evil saturated fats nonsense frustrates me, and this is all calming therapy for my well being.

I would like to get a spindle of blank dvds, burn a bunch of videos, links, and documents on them, and start giving them out like candy to people.

NomarTyme

ipukespiders said:
Not at all.
I enjoy the rants from like minded people. The healthy grains bullshit, and evil saturated fats nonsense frustrates me, and this is all calming therapy for my well being.

I would like to get a spindle of blank dvds, burn a bunch of videos, links, and documents on them, and start giving them out like candy to people.
I just gave them youtube links and its up to them if they want to watch.

teh_pwn

NomarTyme said:
I just gave them youtube links and its up to them if they want to watch.

I've done this in real life. Doesn't work so well. Nutritionist at my company thinks the solution to obesity is to charge 50% more for soda. I tried explaining this won't work because it's already expensive, because people will just bring it from the grocery directly to work, and that it totally misses the point (she was trying to get people to lower calories, I provided full text studies on how chronically high amounts of fructose breaks down the leptin system causing the drive to over consume calories implicitly). I didn't change her mind.

I mean think about it. I'm just some random guy. She's got a fancy nutritionist degree with classes that told her to limit calories.

I put on a lot of weight late last year, early this year... it doesn't become me - but I don't look fat, it's all in my legs and butt.

I've once been this big before, when I was younger I was given Migraine prevention medication that increased my appetite and I just ate and ate and ate and ate... got up to 110kgs then.... Got up to 110 kgs now.

I'm 6'3". Ugg... I hate being big.

Anyway... I've ALWAYS been fit and healthy, but last year, I got really sick - my appendix burst, not just needed to be removed, but BURST. That is BAD. SO I was sick as FUCK for about six months because of that. I could barely do anything, nearly died, all that jazz. So yeah I'd been recovering for six months from about July last year to about January this year I spent the entire time just lying around, eating (albiet, not really eating that much), going to work and then coming home and lying down and watching TV shows. I watched through all of Star Trek (all series), all of BSG (twice), Stargate (SG-1, Atlantis and recently Universe), Firefly (however short it was), Entourage, all of Naruto start to finish, all of Bleach, all of Fringe, Prison Break, Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles, Sparticus, and a whole bunch of movies... anyway - you get the picture. I burned a WHOLE LOT of time. And in none of that time did I even have any motivation or energy to do anything but lie down and do nothing.

Anyway, in the course of that six months I put on 30kgs. I went from 80kgs to 110kgs in 6 months. From being buff fit and healthy, active, the star of life, the best at everything, the star of the show, the life of the party, to a fat sloth with no energy, no fitness, no nothing... it's AMAZING how quickly your body can shed and lose it's fitness and it's health... I don't know if anyone else has been poisoned by a burst appendix... but it is friggen ridiculous how bad it is. Not to mention the trouble I had with the pain killers...

So if you have pain in the appendix area... don't be a douche and mistake it for constipation like I did, even if it is 100x worse than any constipation that you've ever had before.... even if you're not sure... go to the hospital and get that shit checked out pronto! Appendix's don't last long when they're inflamed! You got like A DAY! Then KABLAM you're fucked for a few years.

So. It's about a year ago that it happened now and in the last three months I've started to get my energy back, my motivation has started to come back a bit too. I've suffered from some SERIOUS depression during this time (it doesn't help that I'm being bullied by my boss at work, but that's a WHOLE other story... what the fuck are you supposed to do when your boss is an intelligent mother fucker using his position of power to fuck you over anyway? You're fucked right?). I'm still pretty depressed and down all of the time, but I'm fighting back. I'm working pretty hard at my health, and eating a very healthy diet. I'm exercising, albeit not a large amount because too much tires me out too much... I have to smooth myself into it I know. I am about to get to the point of joining a gym, BUT the good news is that I've lost 5kgs in the last two weeks since I started.

I set myself a diet of 1600 calories a day two weeks ago and I'm sticking to it. I've always had no trouble with diets and things when my mind is in the right place and when my mind is made up I'm good with it. Dunno if many people would be able to do the diet that I'm doing, but I'm having no trouble with it. Just tell myself "food = fuel" and it's easy. I've only got one body and I need to treat it with respect, I want to last long enough for technology to get to the point to make me immortal so I gotta make sure that I do that!

So here's the diet.

Breakfast

1 Apple 75 Calories

Lunch

3 Weet Bix w/ Milk & Sugar 200 Calories
1 Apple 75 Calories

Afternoon
50gms Beef Jerky 150 Calories

Dinner (Blend) - 800 Calories
1 Banana
2 Dates
2 Prunes
15g Chia Seed
10g Goji Berries
15g Wheat
30g Oats
1 Egg
250ml Lite Milk

That blended slop shake is more of a thick paste in the end than it is a drink, so it's not really liquid meal, I think of it more like "pre-chewed" and it's easier to down all of that stuff quickly when it's blended and it tastes amazing and is amazingly healthy!

I also drink a lot of coffee and I attribute 50 calories per cup of coffee (even though I'm using fake sugar) so my total calorie intake per day is probably lower than my plan but that's okay, I don't feel hungry all the time... not really.

When I start going back to the gym and working out and need a higher caloric intake in my diet I will increase the number of blends in my day and change the formula... it will be two blends, one in the morning and one at night and they will have cottage cheese and protein powder added for extra protein. I'll also up the amount of oats as well.

I think Beef Jerky is like the perfect protein source... it's so easy to eat, tastes so good, it is densely packed protein, it is one of the best types of protein (beef), is easily accessible, doesn't need to be cooked.

For now, my intention is to take away the fat, slowly get my weight down and my fitness, energy and health levels up by walking, running and riding (cardio) before going into weight training.

Diet when full on weight training will likely end up being something like this

Breakfast
1 Banana
1 Apple
2 Dates
2 Prunes
15g Chia Seed
10g Goji Berries
30g Wheat
100g Oats
100g Cottage Cheese
1 Egg
1 Scoop ON Protein Powder
300ml Lite Milk

Morning Tea
50gms Beef Jerky or a Can of Tuna + Apple

Lunch
Half a Chicken
150g Broccoli

Afternoon
Half a Chicken
100g Broccoli
50g Corn

Dinner
1 Banana
1 Apple
2 Dates
2 Prunes
15g Chia Seed
10g Goji Berries
30g Wheat
100g Oats
100g Cottage Cheese
1 Egg
1 Scoop ON Protein Powder
300ml Lite Milk

Or something like that. The whole chicken per day thing becomes expensive so I'm not sure I'll go as full on as that like I was before, though, it's tasty that's for sure. Maybe a couple of steaks, but they're also expensive... sigh, no matter what - building muscle is always expensive. If I had a blender at work I'd just have another blend for lunch. Maybe I should just buy a blender for work. Hmm.

Anyway, that's my post for this thread, sorry it's so long!

NomarTyme

teh_pwn said:
I've done this in real life. Doesn't work so well. Nutritionist at my company thinks the solution to obesity is to charge 50% more for soda. I tried explaining this won't work because it's already expensive, because people will just bring it from the grocery directly to work, and that it totally misses the point (she was trying to get people to lower calories, I provided full text studies on how chronically high amounts of fructose breaks down the leptin system causing the drive to over consume calories implicitly). I didn't change her mind.

I mean think about it. I'm just some random guy. She's got a fancy nutritionist degree with classes that told her to limit calories.

Yeah I figures as much, but I just do it to avoid arguments that go nowhere. Also I wish these "nutritionist" have at least a basic foundation in bio chem.

Top Bottom