• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weight Loss Before/After Thread! (with pics)

Yeah I have noticed that many, many people have negative reactions to nuts.

I would probably be fine if I could limit myself to only a few a day..... but at that point it no longer fills its purpose of being a go-to snack.

Kraftwerk

I start my marathon training tomorrow. Two other friends are going to join me too. I'll probably have to loose about 10lbs to get it into ideal running weight. We know a coach and she has set up a 90 day program for us. We are going all-in, as in no cheating at all. I know we can do it.

As our last day of freedom, we decided to have one final sinful food item. We all choose the same thing...

Cinnabon Caramel Peacanbon

CNbQvul.gif

Godspeed everyone.

Raistlin

I'm too embarrassed to take a before photo lol

I am making progress though. I've lost around 13 pounds or so in the last 2 months.

I'm too embarrassed to take a before photo lol

I am making progress though. I've lost around 13 pounds or so in the last 2 months.

lol I was as well. I regret it now but it may have been a good idea. Had some family photo's from around the same time that I use as "before" pics though.

Anyways. Grats on the progress! Keep it up.

Davidion

I start my marathon training tomorrow. Two other friends are going to join me two. I'll probably have to loose about 10lbs to get it into ideal running weight. We know a coach and she has set up a 90 day program for us. We are going all-in, as in no cheating et. I know we can do it.

As our last day of freedom, we decided to have one final sinful food item. We all choose the same thing...

Cinnabon Caramel Peacanbon

CNbQvul.gif

Godspeed everyone.

That nutritional info: jesus flying fuck

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I'd have no idea if I was even in Ketosis. I've gone 4 or 5 days under 20/30 carbs and have not felt very different.

Ways you can tell:
Weird fruity/acetone taste/sweat. More noticeable during cardio
Sudden 3-4 lb drop on body weight
Ketosis urine tests

I'd have no idea if I was even in Ketosis. I've gone 4 or 5 days under 20/30 carbs and have not felt very different.

I never felt different either, but I bought some keto strips and indeed I was in it.

Though don't get too caught up in it. Over time I upped my carbs so I was not in keto nearly as much as before and it didn't seem to effect my weight loss.

BIGWORM

Schattenjäger;46980302 said:
14 grams of protein !

Just looking at the picture of the bun, I would imagine this is the only plus coming out of this!

Oh yeah, I found a "before" pic of myself that's hella embarrassing to look at, but I'll post it up when I get off of work because I'm on MobileGAF right now.

dralla

Cinnamon is my favorite flavor/spice, period. It also just happens to be incredibly good for you, so you can bake healthy cinnamon cookies or get cinnamon roasted almonds, or make cinnamon roasted veggies. I'm thinking of making a pumpkin/cinnamon scone with almond flour as a paleo treat.

Have I been kicked out of ketosis today?

8-10 almonds
2 pieces of filet mignon with some lettuce and cucumber
1 chicket breast an hour later
10-12 more almonds
A peeled cucumber

Chris R

True, I think it's less than 20g. I'm waiting for my ketostix to tell for sure.

I stop in Walgreens from time to time to check to see if they have any more sticks when I'm running low on Almonds or want a diet Arizona iced tea. I've only seen them in stock once and snapped them right up! They only confirm what my body tells me though, feel like crap when I do get kicked out of Ketosis.

Nakazato

Hey weight loss gaf i havent checked in yet. But i have been doing like the hat's challenge. So far i have lost 11 pound an im really proud of myself. in addition to eating healthier i have cut down my sugar intake, stopped drinking calorie fill stuff like soda.

I have a question about protein shakes. I would love to start having a protein shake in the morning as breakfast is this a good idea could i use it a breakfast replacement? And would i put fruit in it to give me more fiber? Any help would be appreciated :)

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
i just noticed this thread, is there a a thread for people that need to gain some weight or something like that?

BIGWORM

Super embarrassing "before" pics:

a2k0oSi.jpg

Yx9MFJ0.jpg

I'm just glad I don't look that horrible, anymore. I guess it's sorta pointless to post these now since I don't have suitable "after" pics right now.

What's a good diet for someone on a tight budget?

To lose weight? Low carb. It's difficult to to avoid "starving" yourself(which is always bad), but getting protein, a reasonable amount of healthy fat, and leafy greens into a diet, can be maintained relatively cheap. Once you enter ketosis, the weight sheds off.

You have to be careful once you start eating carbs again, though. You need to slowly, slowly ramp yourself up to normal intake or else your body will just throw the weight back on, but everyone's different. It helps that exercise becomes easier with less weight, so you can do that to help maintain the weight you want(even while eating carbs).

314 weekly weigh-in, from a high of 336 on January 2nd when I decided to tackle this problem. Going strong, rarely hungry and enjoying what I'm eating even more than before, though it sounds crazy. I can taste individual parts of my food rather than before when it was always slathered in sauce, gravy, or whatnot. Also cutting out sweet tea and soda with meals has made me notice the natural sugars in some things, I guess since the taste isn't "overwhelmed" by the drink's taste.

My bad.

Just eat eggs/almonds/meat/canned veggies on keto. Wait, that's not cheap at all for some people.

Still more helpful than your non-advice.

Actually LESS than non advice since by your posts reasoning he can eat whatever shit food he wants as long as he eats less. Why not just table sugar?

If I must. Low carb on a budget:

Chicken thighs/legs - I can usually get for 89c-1.19c per lb
Eggs - 1-2$ for 18
You can get greens for cheap or carrots
Depending on HOW low carb you are going to can make wraps with Flat Out flat breads for cheap as well.
Almonds are not cheap but as long as you keep them as a snack they can be done on a budget.
I personally like bunless hot dogs with mustard which is fairly cheap (Nathan's is low carb on the high end and Oscar Meyer on the lower end)

Depending on where you live Kroger brand grocery stores have a lot of cheap low carb products from Yogurt to tortilla's to low carb Ketchup and they have reasonable prices.

Sharp

Dieting is way cheaper than not dieting.

Actually LESS than non advice since by your posts reasoning he can eat whatever shit food he wants as long as he eats less. Why not just table sugar?
That's pretty much true, but you can actually eat better food because you're eating less. My diet's consisted of sushi, charbroiled chicken, yucca fries, etc and I've lost about 65 pounds on it so far while spending under $100 a week on food... if I were really trying to go cheap I'd probably just do McDonalds or rice and beans for most meals, same as if I wasn't dieting.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
You are right. I'm just shit posting because it's 5am and I should be sleeping and his post didn't give a lot of background or have a ton of thought behind it.
Just kind of didn't want to have 3 people say 'do keto' as well.

Chicken leg/thighs are rightfully cheap as you said. Mix it up with different seasonings.
I'd toss in things like spinach and onions for breakfast along with the eggs to make them more special. Blandness is something that should really be avoided on keto.

Dieting is way cheaper than not dieting.

That's pretty much true, but you can actually eat better food because you're eating less. My diet's consisted of sushi, charbroiled chicken, yucca fries, etc and I've lost about 65 pounds on it so far while spending under $100 a week on food... if I were really trying to go cheap I'd probably just do McDonalds or rice and beans for most meals, same as if I wasn't dieting.

Yeah I am a poor college student and have lost 100lbs on roughly 50$ per week. Its not always pretty.....but I get it done lol.

I have no clue how much I was spending before, but it was more for sure.

Sharp

Oh, by the way, GAF, while I'm here, here is an absolutely amazing weight loss model with zero broscience:

http://bwsimulator.niddk.nih.gov/

If you happen to be someone who likes modelling and doesn't mind counting calories, this can basically replace the scale for the most part. Note that for the model to work properly, it needs to know your highest weight (or at least highest weight maintained for any length of time), since there are increases in metabolic efficiency that occur when you lose weight from that point that don't go away unless you gain it back.

On Wednesday afternoon I suddenly started feeling nauseus and my bones just felt tired and sore. About two hours later it totally went away. At the time I figured I was in for the flu but then nothing happened. I've never been in ketosis -- is that what it feels like to enter it? Or did I just get lucky and dodge the flu?

On Wednesday afternoon I suddenly started feeling nauseus and my bones just felt tired and sore. About two hours later it totally went away. At the time I figured I was in for the flu but then nothing happened. I've never been in ketosis -- is that what it feels like to enter it? Or did I just get lucky and dodge the flu?

No way of really knowing without Keto Strips.

Back to really struggling with sweets and snacking. I hate myself sometimes :(

It happens. I was terrible over the holidays. Luckily the rest of the year I live alone so I simply never have junk food around me.

Just don't give up!

Can anyone give me some snacking tips to get me through urges to eat the most awful shit.

As I mentioned above I simply can't have the stuff around, but I don't know your situation.

When I was having a hard time and KNOW I am going to have shit around me I play ahead and bring "semi junk" foods that aren't ideal....but are still better than what I would be eating otherwise. Like Crystal Light candies..... or making Ice Cream with 1/2 sugar 1/2 splenda. Hell, even Atkins bars instead of real candy bars.
As I said none of those foods are ideal and you probably can't LOSE much weight with them..... but they can prevent gaining weight.

Also I focus on keeping ONE part of my diet perfect even during times when I am having problems with cheating. For me it was 0 calories from liquids, period. By sticking with that I didn't gain ANY weight over the holidays despite the fact that I pretty much pigged out on junk food.

Thats how I deal with it anyways.

Top Bottom