• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weight Loss Before/After Thread! (with pics)

jred2k

Thats a bummer to hear. Worrying about something like that happening is what kept me from starting an exercise plan for like 9 extra months. Pretty dickish to try and make fun of someone is the process of bettering themselves, but there are assholes every where I guess.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Thats a bummer to hear. Worrying about something like that happening is what kept me from starting an exercise plan for like 9 extra months. Pretty dickish to try and make fun of someone is the process of bettering themselves, but there are assholes every where I guess.
I'm not a gym member as yet, but I've heard this kind of shit is exceedingly rare. I don't know how true that is, but I'm hopeful.

I'd think most people there would have better shit to worry about.

SeanR1221

I'm not a gym member as yet, but I've heard this kind of shit is exceedingly rare. I don't know how true that is, but I'm hopeful.

I'd think most people there would have better shit to worry about.

It's definitely very rare. Most "big" guys at the gym are more than willing to help if you have interest and are willing to learn.

I should clarify some things.

I go to the college fitness center and these dudes weren't more than 19 years old. Its the first time i'd ever heard that kind of negativity directed at me from another student.
im taller and way better looking than either of them, haters gonna hate
. I also had a 2+year membership to 24 hour fitness and I never heard that kind of shit there either. Most folks are really nice, at most they'll ask you to spot them or something. So yeah, most people at the gym are in the same boat as you. They're looking to improve themselves. Snide comments are very rare

Edit: its hard not to compare myself to 2 years ago when my arms were bigger and I had way less belly fat. I think that's the only reason it cut me...I know where I want to be and I still have a long way to go. I'm over it

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Easier said then done but don't let it get to you. Douchebags gonna douchebag.

I've been back on track and steadily losing weight over the last two weeks but with my birthday and a boatload of national holidays and the commitments that follow coming up next week it's going to be a challenge to keep this up. On top of it I bruised a rib so working out/running isn't an option for a couple of weeks :|

zoukka

Was a whisper i overheard as they walked away. It was cowardly, I don't know why I cared.

Just needed to vent. It bugged me all day

Meh just ignore the bro-team. They were probably doing bicep curls only and miring themselves for the rest of the workout. Every gym has those douches.

I look out of place in a gym and sometimes people give me the looks there, but it usually stops when my skinny ass squats more than them :b

BIGWORM

Meh just ignore the bro-team. They were probably doing bicep curls only and miring themselves for the rest of the workout. Every gym has those douches.

I look out of place in a gym and sometimes people give me the looks there, but it usually stops when my skinny ass squats more than them :b

As a serious question, how much do you squat? I do 200 lbs, 9 reps/3 sets.

Also, to the person that was called "skinny-fat," don the headphones and strut like you don't give a fuck. (You shouldn't, anyway)

zoukka

As a serious question, how much do you squat? I do 200 lbs, 9 reps/3 sets.

Also, to the person that was called "skinny-fat," don the headphones and strut like you don't give a fuck. (You shouldn't, anyway)

120 kg ass to ground 3 sets of 5 reps atm.

bjb

Banned

I used to think this was a myth or perhaps exclusive to University places.

However, last week - I finally encounter the dudebro's of my dreams. Fucking curling in the only squat rack calling each other "bro" repeatedly, while they blew kissy faces at each other in the mirror.

I figured I'd post another photo update now that it's been a little over a year since i started

205 a year ago
2I3ZC.jpg

150 in October last year
0zWYW.jpg

140 Today (beardless and still a bit of carotenosis still)
BDbf7Sm.jpg

Still some stubborn lower belly fat that just simply will not go away but other than that I am very happy with the results.

Horseticuffs

I figured I'd post another photo update now that it's been a little over a year since i started

205 a year ago
2I3ZC.jpg

150 in October last year
0zWYW.jpg

140 Today (beardless and still a bit of carotenosis still)
BDbf7Sm.jpg

Still some stubborn lower belly fat that just simply will not go away but other than that I am very happy with the results.

Dude, looking awesome! I still prefer the beard in the second pic, though. Looks like some kind of crazy anime beard or something.

On a similar note occasionally when my kids spend the weekend their mom will send some old pics of back when we were all one big, happy family with them in case I want them before she throws them out (Sentimental lady, no?).

Tonight they brought over a pic from Christmas day 2010 and I was so downhearted when I saw what I looked like back then. I never knew. I mean, I KNEW I was fat but....daaaaaaaaaamn how do you even comprehend something like that? I guess the human mind is wonderful at deluding itself.

12/25/2010 @ 350+ lbs
v4m5QMc.jpg
Last Week @ 191 or so. I still have about 30 lbs to lose, but I'm super stoked to be so close.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Just started on a boot camp on the countryside, 7 days of pure sweat and clean, low carb, high protein nutrition ahead of me, awesome.

Here's tomorrow's program

0700 Beach run
0800 Breakfast
0900 Boxing circuit
1030 Snack
1100 Bodyweight exercises
1230 Lunch
1330 Beach hike
1600 Snack
1630 Circuit training & stretch
1830 Dinner
1900 Fit principles (talk)

Can't wait to weep, should see a very good cut in the next week. Should not have much water weight in me currently either, so interesting to see how much I drop.

Horseticuffs

Just started on a boot camp on the countryside, 7 days of pure sweat and clean, low carb, high protein nutrition ahead of me, awesome.

0700 Beach run
0800 Breakfast
0900 Boxing circuit
1030 Snack
1230 Lunch
1330 Beach hike
1600 Snack
1830 Dinner

Can't wait to weep, should see a very good cut in the next week. Should not have much water weight in me currently either, so interesting to see how much I drop.

Sounds like a lot of fun!

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!

0700 Beach run
0800 Breakfast
0900 Boxing circuit
1030 Snack
1230 Lunch
1330 Beach hike
1600 Snack
1830 Dinner

looks like a hellish routine, goodluck with that. Just make sure to eat enough not to pass out.

dralla

I wouldn't recommend going low carb if you're going to be that active. Unless your body is used to burning fat for fuel, you're gonna feel seriously fatigued.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I wouldn't recommend going low carb if you're going to be that active. Unless your body is used to burning fat for fuel, you're gonna feel seriously fatigued.

yeah seems we have some carbs in the morning, individually calculated portions too designed by a nutritionist and done by a good chef, really nice food actually. Run and boxing done, off to bodyweights now

Ixian

I don't snack terribly often, but I enjoy pickles and peppers. Wrap them in cheese or mix with cream cheese for extra goodness!

Ixian

Our inner fat men are best buddies. Good taste.
Our outer healthy guys too, since those things aren't so bad! :) We should hang out sometime, since I can't own a dog because of my roommate's allergies I'd love to meet that awesome pup of yours! I'll probably bring some fat guy snacks along too.
Has anyone tried Flatout Foldit? I've used their wraps for a while, but I just saw this recently in my store: http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/hungry-girl-foldit/

It's a pretty decent option for a bun replacement on a burger.
I might have to go hunt for this to give it a shot. One of my local grocery stores used to carry Flatout stuff but they don't have it anymore, and I don't really have the motivation to go to all of the other grocery stores trying to find it.

daripad

Guys, lately I've been feeling a bit tired while jogging, and I haven't done a full session since last saturday. Dpes it have a relation with my low carbohidrate intake or is it because I haven't slept very well?

Chris R

Guys, lately I've been feeling a bit tired while jogging, and I haven't done a full session since last saturday. Dpes it have a relation with my low carbohidrate intake or is it because I haven't slept very well?

Low carb I'm guessing. When I was on a keto diet biking more than 25/30 miles in any single go made me feel really tired. Much better now that I'm off Keto and just on a "lower" carb diet. Still trying to crack 180 though!

Kickz

Low carb I'm guessing. When I was on a keto diet biking more than 25/30 miles in any single go made me feel really tired. Much better now that I'm off Keto and just on a "lower" carb diet. Still trying to crack 180 though!

What makes you a "lower" carber? Do you get to eat some bread or even have a little bit of sugar in your drinks? I ask because I have been doing the keto thing and I have moments of difficulty getting through workouts. On the plus side I am rarely hungry, because of increased protein intake.

I learned about ketosis in Biochemistry today. Dat feel when you know everything about it and impress the professor with your GAF/internet knowledge.

mkenyon

Banned
Our outer healthy guys too, since those things aren't so bad! :) We should hang out sometime, since I can't own a dog because of my roommate's allergies I'd love to meet that awesome pup of yours! I'll probably bring some fat guy snacks along too.
Sounds good!

We should do something that fat people can't do like go hiking. :p

With the calories you burn off at elevation, I'm fairly certain we could rationalize a personal bag of brownie brittle.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Today I went to see a dietitian and there she weighed me and I found out I lost 15lbs since my last physical.

Labrys

Hooooo-boy. I feel so nervous finally making a post like this. I feel kinda stupid, actually, heheheh.
Welp, here I go. This was me, November, 2011 (Minecon, to be specific. That's the Yogscast.)
Yyyeeeaahhhh.

This is me, a few days ago.
Size 50-32 Jean to Size 36/34-32 jean, 4X shirt to a 1X. I weighed roughly 350~ lbs (159~ kg) before, I still don't know my current weight because of lack of scale/courage.

I overall just feel.... better about myself. In every way possible. I'm now able to do stuff I wasn't able to before, (Cosplay and run, for instance), I have more energy, I just feel awesome. And it feels nice being able to type that out, and really mean it. I don't see myself as "fatass" or "lardy" or anything anymore. I'm just me.

Sarquiss_

Great work Labrys :)

If you don't mind could you let me know what regime you used to get your weight down. In the past year I have dropped from a size 42 path to 38 but my stomach still needs work.

I have been recently depressed and started eating junk again but have found the motivation to tough it through. The only thing is when I go to the Gym I don't know what to do. I cannot run fast as I get tired really fast :'(

Anyways, any advice would be greatly appreciated (From anyone :) )

Ixian

Naturally the day after I place an order at Emmy's Organics for my mom, I get an email for a 15% discount for mother's day. If you're interested in trying out some of their products, the coupon code is MOMMA.

Labrys

Hol-e! SH!T

That's sorcery right there! Congrats for finding your panacea.

Awesome work, Labrys! You look like a new person.

Haha, thanks, you guys. To be honest I feel a little stupid that I had to google what panacea meant 8D;;

Great work Labrys :)

If you don't mind could you let me know what regime you used to get your weight down. In the past year I have dropped from a size 42 path to 38 but my stomach still needs work.

I have been recently depressed and started eating junk again but have found the motivation to tough it through. The only thing is when I go to the Gym I don't know what to do. I cannot run fast as I get tired really fast :'(

Anyways, any advice would be greatly appreciated (From anyone :) )

Thanks!
What I used was mostly diet restrictions/changes, with cardio mixed in. My daily caloric allotment would be 1200-1400~ calories, going to 1500 on "cheat" days. I then would walk approx. 2 miles a day with my dogs, around the whole neighborhood.
I also wouldn't get discouraged with the stomach. It was the last thing on me to really go down, and I still have some of it. Just keep at it and you'll be fine :)

mkenyon

Banned
Haha, thanks, you guys. To be honest I feel a little stupid that I had to google what panacea meant 8D;;

Thanks!
What I used was mostly diet restrictions/changes, with cardio mixed in. My daily caloric allotment would be 1200-1400~ calories, going to 1500 on "cheat" days. I then would walk approx. 2 miles a day with my dogs, around the whole neighborhood.
I also wouldn't get discouraged with the stomach. It was the last thing on me to really go down, and I still have some of it. Just keep at it and you'll be fine :)
This was my winning combo as well. I'm happy for you man, it's such a wonderful feeling!

DBT85

GAF, Once agian I'm trying to resolve my issues with food and as a result my weight. I'm 6'1" and about 6 days ago when I started (this time) I was 114 KG (250lb).

So far it's going ok, I've had none of my weaknesses (cake, sweets, coke) and have also had no bread or pasta, two things that I had almost every day.

Regardless of my other issues (once calculated that I had eaten about 8000 cals a day for a week while doing my night shifts and it wasn't uncommon) I do work close to Smithfield Meat Market in London, the largest meat market in the EU.

From there I can buy tubs of fresh class A chicken breasts (5kg for £17, size varies, from 230g-280g pear breast), sausages, steak etc etc.

What I do like to eat is those packets of chicken from the supermarket that have been done in bbq or chilli or whatever and sliced up and always very moist.

this kind of thing
IDShot_225x225.jpg

I've tried doing the same at home but they always end up being quite dry.

Any suggestions? or ideas of what else to do?

Labrys

This was my winning combo as well. I'm happy for you man, it's such a wonderful feeling!

Pretty much what I've done as well! Seems a winning and not terribly unpleasant combination.

Not too unpleasant at all! Just had to change my eating habits. No more eating whole bags of pretzel sticks here, no sirree.

And, thanks, mkyenyon! I went back in the thread and saw your pictures too, you've also done a great job!

@DBT85
Is it frozen or just refrigerated? Whenever I get chicken like that it's frozen, I just add a bit of water along with it in a bowel and microwave it, or sprinkle water over it and stick it in the oven. I'm not really qualified with cooking, though, so you may want some other input on the matter.

Top Bottom