• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Western J-Stars Victory Vs+ has all the characters from the JP version

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What happened to those Jotaro and Dai data found on the disc, where they ever released as dlc ?
Nope. Namco probably started work on them, but didn't get very far. I imagine Jotaro & Dio were dropped because popularity of the Part 1 & 2 anime, Yoh (who was support) because *shrugs*, & that Dai character might've had some issues since it was based on a Square-Enix property.

Now it WOULD be awesome if somehow, we got a new character or two because Namco has the rights to the Jojo series for gaming, but I don't know if Konami still has the rights to Shaman King.

Tsunamo

I'm glad I enjoy both Gokus English and Japanese voices, so it doesn't bother me too much. But yeah it's going to be a massive shock to those who haven't heard it before, it'll be the PAL version of Budokai 1 all over again.
Nope. Namco probably started work on them, but didn't get very far. I imagine Jotaro & Dio were dropped because popularity of the Part 1 & 2 anime.
Shame about Jotaro and Dio, back then they wouldn't have been as fitting due to the anime (even if part 3 is pretty iconic) but now that Stardust Crusaders is airing they'd be great.

Shizzlee

Also, why do Importers said it's bad? What was bad about the Game? :/

I'm an importer and I think this game is great.

no no no no I'm not buying this just for Chitoge. must resist temptation

Chitoge is an assist only character. She is a very good one since she disable the other team's assist, but she's not instant and there is a slight waiting period before she smacks someone and jacks their assist.

Preach it.

Also, why do Importers said it's bad? What was bad about the Game? :/

Nothing, its mostly the importers who are bad and usually ignorant. The invincibility frames people complained about in this game is there to prevent people from mashing on you or guard breaking you on wakeup. If there was one bad thing though, it had to be the ps3 fps drops on stages with destructibles.

ohlawd

hitoge is an assist only character. She is a very good one since she disable the other team's assist, but she's not instant and there is a slight waiting period before she smacks someone and jacks their assist.

that sucks. thought she was playable

thanks, you just saved me some money

I really hope Gintoki got buffed. He's way too weak. I'm going to try and learn how to use Medaka properly before the English release comes out.

J-Tier

I still wish that the game better represented "Jump" in some way, be it more assists, more playable characters, or cameos in general.

I'm still buying this sucker when it hits shelves.

They somehow did it. God damn it.

If only the game itself was better. The game is just a gigantic clunky mess, and there really isn't much else to the game outside of the JUMP fan service. The key to beating people online is to play Vegeta and just ki blast spam everyone, except maybe on the PS4 version the frame rate won't shit the bed when it happens.

I love a lot of the franchises in the game, and the fan service is fucking out of this world, but the game itself just isn't very good. I am gonna buy the game out of some insane obligation to get it because Gintoki is in it, and because how is this getting localized what the fuck happened?

Jojo Eyes of Heaven is basically almost like a more improved version of J-Stars. They seem similar but I enjoyed (the demo) of Eyes of Heaven more gameplay wise.

Between Dengeki Bunko FC and J-Stars, of those two random impossible localizations Dengeki Bunko FC is definitely the better of the two. I enjoy my French Bread though

Let's be honest here guys Gintoki is the only character that matters anyway.

Shinpachi-Shimura-Wallpaper-HD-3.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard that this game is pretty mediocre, but I can't pass the chance of beating fools using Arale. Does it have local co-op?

I've heard that this game is pretty mediocre, but I can't pass the chance of beating fools using Arale. Does it have local co-op?

Arale has been playable in quite a few Dragon Ball games. Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Revenge of King Piccolo and Origins 2. Basically Dragon Ball-focused stuff or a game with a ton of Dragon Ball characters.

Niosai

I was pretty excited for this even taking into account that they might have had to cut characters. This is welcome news.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Here's what I never understood, and correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all of these characters belong to Shonen Jump? I understand licensing issues, but if all of these characters belongs to one entity, then what would make people think one character would make it in while another would be cut?

Same situation for Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax. I remember seeing a bunch of people saying it wouldn't make it overseas because of licensing issues. (I thought it just wouldn't have much appeal to bring west.) But Dengeki Bunko owns all those characters, no?
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/jump45/pc/

That's the official website for the Japanese version. Notice how half the page is taken up listing out a bunch of people and companies. Those are all the licenses they had to get approval from. And that's just the Japanese version. Now multiple that by every single country Bandai wants to release this game in.

The Japanese manga industry doesn't operate like the western comic industry where Disney or WB own all rights to everything ever.

Even a Dragonball only game requires you to get permission from Bird Studio, Shueisha, Toei, Funimation and the "DRAGON BALL Z the Movie Production Committee".

jtan

Yes! Now that it's 100% confirmed that Tsuna will be there, I'm all in!(just wish they had more of the cast from reborn)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Weird, for some reason I kept thinking I saw Kinnikuman in this game, but turns out he's not in.

Top Bottom