• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some games that could do with a Remaster/release on modern consoles?

SCB3

Thinking about this as I picked up a few Star Wars and Turok games on Switch and got me thinking, how good with the Timesplitters and No one lives forever games be with updated QoL and availible to play on here as well

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
How Haunting Ground is stuck on PS2 is a mystery to me.... Oh its Konami, makes sense

That being said, add Silent Hill 1-4 to the list as well. I'm hoping a Master Collection ala MGS is in the works for it
But haunting ground is a Capcom game

Reactions: Isa

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
muramasasmall.png

This game is too good to be stuck on dead system.

Isa

Gold Member
Angry Gary Oldman GIF

Seriously I wish that video games had a better preservation of their legacy, partially why backwards compatibility is so important to me.

For something specific :unsure:
music video no GIF by Apple Music

sexy GIF

Killzone 2 on Guerilla's current engine or Uncharted 1 with the graphics quality of the Last of Us remastered Naughty Dog engine.

I would die for either.

SCB3

Killzone 2 on Guerilla's current engine or Uncharted 1 with the graphics quality of the Last of Us remastered Naughty Dog engine.

I would die for either.
I'm kinda surprised Sony never carried on with Killzone, even Shadowfall wasn't that bad really, reminds me of Xbox with Gears, why did they stop suddenly?

Bernardougf

You can play that on a PS5 though

I can see Rogue Squadron being added next Aspyr/Nightdive seem to be doing a semi decent job of bringing them back, I hope Dark Forces 2 and Mysteries of the Sith are next
Fuck no ... at 30 fps vomit inducing perfomance ? ... that game deserves better. Its From's masterpiece.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If you looking at games getting remasters it’s games nobody is asking for, battlefront? Dead space? They have no idea what to remaster, I look at remasters as a scam.

Beechos

Og gow and gow 2. Why sony have yet to remake/remaster these are beyond me especially with the success of modern gow.

m14

MechAssault 1 & 2
The Ps2 era Pro Evolution games re-released as "PES Classic."
The Simpsons: Hit & Run
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

SCB3

A proper Resistance Trilogy, Killzone Collection and the Infamous series for starters.
This is the one that shocks me, with the amount of HD remasters we got last gen, how these were not brought over is a mystery

Saying that, is Ratchet and Clanks PS2/3 games playable on PS4/5? I know Jak and Daxter is

SCB3

Yes please.

I'm hoping Nighdive will work on that soon, plus as a bonus include Alien Resurrection.

That would be a day one purchase.
Fun fact, that was the first console game to ever use the right stick as we play FPS games now and was considered weird at the time

I have a weird memory of this game as well, a friend of mine had it but for some reason when he played it on his TV the screen was all pink and black, he still finished it like this but it was so weird

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Fun fact, that was the first console game to ever use the right stick as we play FPS games now and was considered weird at the time

I have a weird memory of this game as well, a friend of mine had it but for some reason when he played it on his TV the screen was all pink and black, he still finished it like this but it was so weird

Yep. The game deserves more exposure for revolutionising the way we play FPS on consoles. Lovely to see Gaf members who know their video game history.

Game was also pretty fun as well. At least, I remember it was. I haven't played it for about 20 years, so maybe it's just nostalgia talking.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
muramasasmall.png

This game is too good to be stuck on dead system.

good lord I would do some unspeakable things if that would make it happen. hell, port all of Vanillaware's titles to PC please. that's all I ask. you don't even need to do any remastering or anything. I'll buy them as is.

for my suggestion, I would like Asura's Wrath
getting remaster or better yet, remake. make it a full on DMC like action game and cut down on the QTE to a minimum. keep the rage and put everything in one freaking package instead of of selling them in DLCs.

GXy2wjg.jpeg

Last edited:

El Muerto

Gold Member
Mercenaries 1+2
Need For Speed Underground
True Crime Streets of LA
The Getaway
The Saboteur
Okami
Dragon Quest VIII
Bully
Resistance Fall of Man

This is the one that shocks me, with the amount of HD remasters we got last gen, how these were not brought over is a mystery

Saying that, is Ratchet and Clanks PS2/3 games playable on PS4/5? I know Jak and Daxter is
Yes I wonder that myself. Sony have been devoid of shooters since the PS3 generation and these would have been a welcomed addition imo. You can play PS3 Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction on PS5 thru PS PLUS via emulation of select PS3 games. Not the best image quality but better than nothing. The PS3 generation had some of the best games and covered all the bases especially shooters. I find myself going back and playing so many games lately on my PS3 slim.

Last edited:
Top Bottom