• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some games that could do with a Remaster/release on modern consoles?

-Dragon Age Origins! The current x360 version sucks
-GoW Ascension - underrated game stuck on the 360
-Darksiders 2-the "remaster" sucks ..do it again this time fix the twitchy camera and let us turn "auto camera centering" off!
-Batman Arkham Origins
-MGS4, Killzone 2 and 3, Resistance and Motorstorm- the usual ps3 suspects!
-Obviously ...Bloodborne!!!!
-Sunset overdrive/dead rising 3/driveclub/gravity rush 2/gears of war 1-3/the order 1886- these are the "forgotten games" of Sony and MS that they shouldve patched for higher resolution and 60 fps but they didn’t
-gta4!! The 360 version is 60 fps but its low res and has gamma issues amd looks like poop
-viewtiful joe!!! Just give us a port
-mafia remake and RDR2 shouldve been patched for 60 fps
-Black Ops 1 and 2/world at war/mw3 all work on series x but are friggin 720p

* some of these games dont need "remasters" and couldve easily just been patched for 4k/60 but these companies suck like that ...all old games that are on subscription services like Gamepass should be updated for 4k/60...its indicative of how little these companies think of "old" games that they think they're worthy of being on a sub service but that people dont want them at a decent resolution!

The lack of BC 4k/60 updates is my biggest annoyance with this gen, considering how capable these consoles are with emulation.

The Saint

Prior to today, I would have posted the portable Castlevania games and Tales of Graces F, but I don't need to anymore.
Final Fantasy 13 trilogy
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Tales of Xillia 1 and 2
More MegaTen games
Fatal Frame 1,2,3
Onimusha 2,3,4
Koudelka
Vagrant Story
Xenogears
Haunting Ground
Parasite Eve 1 and 2
Lunar silver star story and Eternal Blue
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Dragon Quest 8
Jade Empire
Devil May Cry 4 (exists digitally, but PS5 physical edition is hard to find)
Phantasy Star Universe
having Blue Dragon and Infinite Undiscovery on other consoles would be nice
Drakengard 1,2,3
Dino Crisis
Castlevania Symphony of the Night (with OG PS1 voice acting option)
Dragon Age origins ultimate edition
Dirge of Cerberus Final Fantasy 7
Resistance Fall of Man Trilogy
Metroid Prime 2 and 3

Last edited:

Natsuko

I'll take Skies of Arcadia Legends and Jade Empire.

Maybe Trolls from the Amiga. Never played it myself, but my father played it over and over again. I would love to catch up. I sat next to him and watched it so often.

Top Bottom