• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

Drake

I used to listen to a TON of Black metal, but I had to stop because it was making me feel like shit. I've moved on to music with a more upbeat tone. That being said this is one of the few black metal bands I can still listen to that doesn't bring me down. I freaking love these guys.

Trelane

I used to listen to a TON of Black metal, but I had to stop because it was making me feel like shit. I've moved on to music with a more upbeat tone. That being said this is one of the few black metal bands I can still listen to that doesn't bring me down. I freaking love these guys.

I've tried for years to really get into black metal, but I never really could. The closest I got was Immortal, but I did discover some really good bands while looking.

--
Bal Sagoth is really good, with a deep narrator/singing voice along with black metal vocals, combined with a synth classical backing and some power metal trappings:

--
I'm sure you've heard of Windir, but if you haven't, take a listen. Great band (RIP Valfar):

--
Falkenbach is pretty good too:

I've tried for years to really get into black metal, but I never really could. The closest I got was Immortal, but I did discover some really good bands while looking.

--
Bal Sagoth is really good, with a deep narrator/singing voice along with black metal vocals, combined with a synth classical backing and some power metal trappings:

--
I'm sure you've heard of Windir, but if you haven't, take a listen. Great band (RIP Valfar):

--
Falkenbach is pretty good too:

NMHjD5g.jpeg

Reminds me of the days of ‘Metalocalypse’ and Dethklock:

Last edited:

kevboard

Keith Flint's (The Prodigy) failed side-band project

the only reason this song didn't fade into total obscurity these days is because it was the Germany opening song of Hellsing in the early 2000s, and it is nostalgic to people from that

Last edited:
Top Bottom