• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games will melt my eyes off on PC?

Gowans

I have a new PC for some heavy lifting on some uncompressed stuff and it a bit of a powerhouse.

Samsung U32D970Q 4K Monitor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X (8-cores, 20MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.0 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
Triple NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX(TM) TITAN X with 36GB GDDR5 in SLI
32GB Dual Channel DDR4 2133MHz (8GB x 4)
512GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 4TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage
1500 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply

I'm been installing some old stuff to check it out and everything looks great and jaggy free but I really wouldn't mind putting this setup to the test.

What are the best looking or games that do the most with the PC that I can grab and check out?

Corpekata

Banned
Can you adopt me so I can use your computer sometimes?

Anyways: Metro series, Asscreed Unity, Crysis 3, Witcher 3, Ryse, etc. Can mess around the in the Star Citizen modules. I'm sure some of the racing games out there are purty too, but I don't follow them.

Kezen

Banned
Crysis 3 is still a looker, Ryse also. The Witcher 3 can look really spectacular and will probably tax your Titan-X heavily.

Gowans

Can you adopt me so I can use your computer sometimes?
Only if you help with the electricity bills ;)

I have Dota 2 ;) Crysis 2 and the first metro installing now that's guys.

I'll look back later and see what I can snag.

Rocket League and Skyrim with mods look fab!

Anteater

Try asscreed unity? I've seen some super awesome screenshots, despite the negativity towards the game on gaf.

In my opinion a lot of games can already look good, just downsample them from really high resolution with high enough framerate they look really great, high framerate especially helps for animation, it's basically like playing a game in "bullshots" mode.

Fitts

Don't really care for technical showpieces, but purely in terms of fidelity I have to say that Witcher 3 really impressed me.

Gowans

I'll see if I can grab a cheap code for Ac Unity online and have a go if that's the one to push.

Setting up the three Titan Xs on sli seems super easy just ticking a box in the nvidea settings, I don't trust it ;)

All my games are mainly from last gen for PC so looking for some stuff to really do something different beyond frame rate, resolution and AA.

A not at all stealth bragging thread.

Seriously take this circle jerk somewhere else.

4H053Jr.gif

Kezen

Banned
Is such a thing possible?

Absolutely, and The Witcher 3 is not the only game capable of such a feat. Metro Last Light with SSAA, Crysis 3 at 4K, or Unity with MSAA, Ryse at 4K...

More to come no doubt, even at 1080p you'd be surprised how demanding some games can be.

Not at 4k that's for sure, maybe 1080p.
Shadows are very taxing in this game. With a 970 I had to put them on low to come anywhere near 60 fps. I've seen 980 SLI struggle with it...
Would be interesting to know though OP. How far can you go with Shadows and AA in Unity before your Titan X takes a hit?

Chinbo37

Sorry dumb question.

You have three titan x's (awesome)

Yes in total they have 36 gig ram but I thought ram didn't stack in sli? Don't see the point to mention 36, it's really just 12 right ?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Are these Unreal Engine 4 demos publicly available?

tioslash

Sorry dumb question.

Yes in total they have 36 gig ram but I thought ram didn't stack in sli? Don't see the point to mention 36, it's really just 12 right ?

Correct, it´s "just" 12GB. :)

OP: Yeah, I guess what´s been said so far. Try out Witcher 3, AC Unity, Crysis 3. It should look fantastic on your rig.

What demos? The "Infiltrator Tech Demo" was just released for free a few days ago.

EDIT: Also the "Elemental Demo" is available for download.

Kezen

Banned
Shadows are very taxing in this game. With a 970 I had to put them on low to come anywhere near 60 fps. I've seen 980 SLI struggle with it...
Would be interesting to know though OP. How far can you go with Shadows and AA in Unity before your Titan X takes a hit?

I found very few differences between low and high when it comes to performance. Only PCSS is really taxing. My 970 had no issues getting 60fps with high shadows, and my previous 780 was not far behind (50fps or so).

The real killer in Unity is the AA. FXAA (or whatever it is because it's sure as hell not stock FXAA) is fine, MSAAx4 is extremely demanding.

In fact it's very easy to floor any monster PC if you crank the AA high enough. Even TR2013 with 4xSSAA and TressFX could cause a Titan X to drop below 60, but of course is not "modern" enough to truly take advantage of current high-end GPUs.

Sorry dumb question.

lol, I just noticed that OP says he has 3 Titan X. What's that? Like 4k just for the graphics cards? Geez... Well, if you guys have money to burn and all.

Vex_

Banned
Why did op post his power supply? That doesn't change the type of games he'd be able to play, does it?

Gowans

If I can get it cheap (have it already on console) I'll post some benchmarks.

Sorry dumb question.

I have no idea, sorry if I stated it incorrectly

Yeah I would love to check these out if there is a link?

Rodin

Triple NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX(TM) TITAN X with 36GB GDDR5 in SLI
Doesn't really work like that, you still have 12GB of VRAM (which is plenty for anything at any res).

To have your face melted try Ryse, Witcher 3, Crysis 3, AC Unity, MGS V, Unreal Tournament 4 and the UE4 tech demos, Kite and Infiltrator.

Alexm92

Sorry dumb question.

Yea he only has 12GB right now but it's my understanding that in the future DX12 will allow VRAM to stack

To answer the OP, Witcher 3 definitely melted my face of.

pislit

not really for eye candy per se (though there are graphics enhancing ones), but OP i like you to try Skyrim with mods. what mods, you ask. ALL OF THEM.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Wonder if you could max out Cryostasis, that game is still super demanding (aka unoptimised)

Cryostasis is a good game, but not the most graphically impressive. However, my computer is no super computer (above average, but not super) and I had no difficulty running Cryostasis perfectly fine, max settings, when I played it last year.

(also, a game worth playing, but not for pretty graphics I would say, it shows its age a bit there)

LilJoka

Lol I love pre builts -> 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply

Try witcher 3 I guess. But what's the point if the game is no fun for you..

Also just a heads up, you may find some games give worse performance in Tri Sli compared to 2-way SLI.

Top Bottom