• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games will melt my eyes off on PC?

Why did op post his power supply? That doesn't change the type of games he'd be able to play, does it?

Well, OP already posted all the other info, might as well finish. Besides it avoids a bunch of "with 3 Cards in SLI you better get one hell of a power supply" posts.

A part of me sees these specs and drools and thinks "what if?" Then like half the people still think Crysis 3 is the best way to enjoy this set up and I think "hmm maybe not super worth it..."

Still though, badass set up, and as for the accusation this is a "stealth bragging thread" as far as I'm concerned this machine is pretty worthy of some bragging. You have to love how some people are cranky enough to just want someone to get a machine this epic and not even mention it.

Gotta love all the salty people that are jealous of OP for having a better PC than they can even dream of ever having.

Hell, it's leagues better than anything I can afford, but that doesn't mean I'm some child that's angry that someone else has something better than me.

More power to you OP, I'd love to see some screenshots posted in the thread once you have some games up and running :)

As for my suggestions, I thought Borderlands 2 looked pretty great at launch with its use of Physx, and Saints Row 4 looked pretty good thanks to its art style.

I'd also recommend trying Rage as that was pretty performance hungry for me at launch.

And lastly, assuming a playable demo is available, that P.T. inspired game "Allison Road" looks gorgeous in previews they've shown so far, so I can only imagine how it would look on your rig.

Nice joke, there's no way medium/high level tech in 2018/2019 used in PS5 is not gonna beat Titan X/GTX980 TI. That's like saying GTX280 beats the PS4. What's more in the upcoming years the gpu market is gonna make a huge leap with those new tech finally coming out. It's gonna have Volta tech or AMD's equivalent and it's gonna be glorious.

"glorious"

When was the last time it was "glorious"? Power constraints and cost considerations are now making consoles low end at release. Why would this realtaional reality to prevailing pc hardware change?

Smokey

I'll see if I can grab a cheap code for Ac Unity online and have a go if that's the one to push.

Setting up the three Titan Xs on sli seems super easy just ticking a box in the nvidea settings, I don't trust it ;)

All my games are mainly from last gen for PC so looking for some stuff to really do something different beyond frame rate, resolution and AA.

The twist is Tri-SLI is very much hit or miss compared to SLI.

I wouldn't be so sure if I were you. Anything can happen. These round of consoles were already disappointing and outdated, what makes you think it won't happen again?

Exactly this. As outdated as they were, the ps4 is much more powerful than the gtx 280. This guy says PS5 will be even more outdated and not match the 980 ti. I'm using these cards because they came around the same time for the same price during the consoles' cycle.

Thanks to Volta and the huge jump the market is about to make, the PS5 will be a great deal faster to 980 ti than the PS4 was compared to gtx 280. What makes you think the consoles will not benefit from the long awaited tech finally coming out? Hell, if both next gen consoles launch in the same month again, I expect the Xbox to be faster now considering how the hardware talk burned MS so much.

Grief.exe

Nice joke, there's no way medium/high level tech in 2018/2019 used in PS5 is not gonna beat Titan X/GTX980 TI. That's like saying GTX280 beats the PS4. What's more in the upcoming years the gpu market is gonna make a huge leap with those new tech finally coming out. It's gonna have Volta tech or AMD's equivalent and it's gonna be glorious.

Console manufacturers are looking to cut costs as much as possible, look to a similar situation to the PS4/XBO.

Gowans

That's a God tier PC spec and it's something I am thinking of going to next if I ever upgrade. Any reason why you got 3 Titan Xs and 32gb? All that cannot be strictly for gaming as it's obvious overkill and there is so much power that won't be utilized with just gaming?.

Yeah it's not at all for gaming really, its to power through some video, 3D and engine work where time isn't available to compress or optimise.

What case did you get?

Any pics?

Its a Alienware Area 51 case, I'll post some stuff when I get all set up

It's time to update that avatar to a CD-ROM, Gowans. You've earned it.

Mayeb a CD32, Amiga for life :)

With a 4K monitor, is AA even necessary?

Thats what I'm wondering, it's pointless anything running over 60fps tho as thats the monitors max.

You had better be on a multimonitor setup or else that's just a lot of wasted potential you're sitting on.

For now it's just the one but I do have others i can connect.
Don't think I've seen anyone mention ArmA 3 yet? If you're into custom-missions and mods then some of the scenarios are pretty great.

I have 2 and I'm installing it.

Well, OP already posted all the other info, might as well finish. Besides it avoids a bunch of "with 3 Cards in SLI you better get one hell of a power supply" posts.

A part of me sees these specs and drools and thinks "what if?" Then like half the people still think Crysis 3 is the best way to enjoy this set up and I think "hmm maybe not super worth it...".

Yeah thats what I'm looking for help with, not really bragging but just looking to get GAF advice on getting the most out of it.

I'd love to see some screenshots posted in the thread once you have some games up and running :)

Happy to share screenshots and video, what's the best software to take screenshots, video and monitor frame rate? I know Steam, NVidia and Windows 10- have it all built in but what should I be using?

I've grabbed The Witcher 3 and I'm installing a tonne of stuff you guys have recommended or that I've had available in my games libraries (i'll post once downloaded.)

A not at all stealth bragging thread.

Seriously take this circle jerk somewhere else.

Love the attitude, mate. Keep it up.

OP, you can try The Witcher 3, Crysis 3, Ryse, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, GTA V, Metro series, Dragon Age Inquisition, Assassin's Creed Unity. All of those games look fantastic.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
AH. A work PC. That explains it. That's a $5000+ computer - not a reasonable purchase for just gaming.

I'd REALLY like to see Metro or Crysis 3 on that rig.

ArjanN

Wait... OP has three Titan cards? Is this normal? Isn't that overkill? I don't really know much about PC specs these days...

It's huge overkill, at least just for gaming. I don't think there's anything out now you can't max out on one of the those cards.

Jito

Banned
A not at all stealth bragging thread.

Seriously take this circle jerk somewhere else.

post-35354-south-park-jelly-school-gif-yo-TO5g.gif

Try out the Metro series OP.

Iorv3th

Only if you help with the electricity bills ;)

I have Dota 2 ;) Crysis 2 and the first metro installing now that's guys.

I'll look back later and see what I can snag.

Rocket League and Skyrim with mods look fab!

With Crysis 2 make sure you get the HD texture pack I think you have to download that separately.

fertygo

It's huge overkill, at least just for gaming. I don't think there's anything out now you can't max out on one of the those cards.

3 is overkill because tri-SLI is much less supported than standard SLI.

Doing SLI with Titan X is good idea tho as long you had the dollah, to play/downsampling from crazy high res with better FPS than one Titan X only will do.. use dem VRAM baby.

Nice set-up, don't have any tipps that havent been mentioned already... just downsample everything and if that's not enough for you -> ReShade on top.

petran79

Banned
Yeah it's not at all for gaming really, its to power through some video, 3D and engine work where time isn't available to compress or optimise.

Why didnt you get Nvidia's Tesla? More expensive than all 3 Titans combined, but it would suck at 3D games!

Caayn

Gota shoot but I installed that stats overlay and the witcher 3, bumped everything up and took a screen shot.

It was the first game that struggled, wonder if I have to do some tweaking?

I had to upload the photo to dropbox as I don't know where I can share it uncompressed (you have to click download).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6mo2b55oragz93/witcher3_2015_09_26_17_02_35_514.png?dl=0

Thanks again guys, catch you in a bit.
Do yourself a favour and disable sharpening in the Witcher 3 ;)

Ulysses 31

Gota shoot but I installed that stats overlay and the witcher 3, bumped everything up and took a screen shot.

It was the first game that struggled, wonder if I have to do some tweaking?

I had to upload the photo to dropbox as I don't know where I can share it uncompressed (you have to click download).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6mo2b55oragz93/witcher3_2015_09_26_17_02_35_514.png?dl=0

Thanks again guys, catch you in a bit.

From my experience with Witcher 3 and my 3 Fury Xs, it ain't a good game to show off Multi GPU performance.

Crysis 3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, Call of Pripyat, Metro 2033/Last Light are much better for that achieving 100% on all cards in certain scenes.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
3titan x is kinda pointless considering the fact SLI scaling gets really bad once you move over dual SLI setup. But if you have the money then I guess it doesn't matter. OP play AC unity in 4k 60 locked

That is a lot of power just sitting there. Is this a work comp? If not, you might as well get a new monitor, OP. Either 4k or 144hz. Guarantee that pretty much every game would blow you away at that point.

Maybe render something in other programs on two of those gpus, play a game on the primary. Make your eyes melt at how productive you are.

KennyL

Purely on visual stand point, AC Unity has best looking world. I really can't stand ubi style games but I start it up sometimes and play it like walking sim.

scitek

Crysis 3 is still a looker, Ryse also. The Witcher 3 can look really spectacular and will probably tax your Titan-X heavily.

He has 3 Titan X's. Though, does TW3 support SLI?

EDIT: And yeah, OP, even though you have 3 12GB video cards, you can still only use 12GB of RAM, they don't add up like that. Not that 12GB isn't enough.

He has 3 Titan X's. Though, does TW3 support SLI?

Yes
I think Witcher 3 (and all games in general) stutter a lot in 3+ SLI configurations

Personal experience points to tri-sli working just as well as any situation where sli is supported. No "extra" stuttering on my end when I had it.

4 way SLI though basically never ever works and actually decreases performance in average frames and frame quality.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
A lot of games these days look good, you kind of just take it for granted. Amidst all this, this is the first game in a long time that's made me just stop and stare at things mesmerized by how damn good it looks. The texture work in particular is insane. It's sort of reminiscent of what Stalker looked like back in the day.

Top Bottom