• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games will melt my eyes off on PC?

poodaddy

Gold Member
Holy Christ three Titan X's?!? The thing here is that your rig will max literally everything on the market sooooo...... just off the top of my head, all the following at 4k would be absolutely incredible:
Arkham Knight, (whenever it's fully fixed, though it's pretty much there.)
Crysis 3
Ryse Son of Rome
Far Cry 4
The Witcher 2 and 3, (yes The Witcher 2 still looks good, and at 4k it'll be friggin nuts. Just mod the stupid LOD's as they're kind of an eye sore)
Tomb Raider 2013
Ethan Carter
MGSV, Either Ground Zeroes or The Phantom Pain (yeah I said it, I don't care that they run on last gen it's an extremely fluid and well optimized system, and on 4k it will render much more assets due to how LOD is linked to render resolution in Fox Engine, don't forget about HBAO+ through NVIDIA control panel)
Both Metro's
Alien Isolation, (In my opinion the game looks incredible, but some disagree)
Lichdom Battlemage
The Talos Principle

Of course there are more, but basically it comes down to this, almost any game that's pleasing to the eye is going to be exponentially more so at 4k with your rig. Go nuts man. Also, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to live vicariously through you. Please and thank you.

Denton

Fuck, now that's a machine.

Witcher 3 maxed out including tweaks in 4K is mindblowing, I wonder if your machine could power that in 60fps.

Shepard

Ryse
Ethan Carter
Metal Gear V
Witcher 3

I guess these are the most visually impressive fames right now, from a technical point.

Doesn't really work like that, you still have 12GB of VRAM (which is plenty for anything at any res).

Surely all of those 36 gigabytes exist, so technically it isn't wrong to advertise as such.
In SLI gaming the data may be mirrored and be effectively 12GB, but that's not the only possible use case for multiple cards.

GTA 5 is the most optimised PC game I've ever seen, but still very demanding and scalable. Turn it up to 8K or so and see how it runs.

Javin98

Banned
Holy shit! Now THAT's a monster PC. In fact, I can't even think of a single game that can tax that rig. Hell, even The Witcher 3 should be able to be downsampled from 4K, maxed out and run at 60FPS with no problems at all.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Holy shit! Now THAT's a monster PC. In fact, I can't even think of a single game that can tax that rig. Hell, even The Witcher 3 should be able to be downsampled from 4K, maxed out and run at 60FPS with no problems at all.

His monitor's 4k, so there's no reason to downsample from it.

virtualS

What you own is a monster.

I'm sure that if a developer with an unlimited budget targeted your PC they could produce astonishingly mind blowing real time visuals.

Unfortunately you're limited to 4K 60fps maxed out versions of current gen games.... if they work with your configuration.

What you currently own is likely more powerful than PlayStation 5.

Ulysses 31

Personally, I found some areas in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky still to be some of the best looking in any PC game.

BioShock Infinite.

spekkeh

Banned
As OP fires up a game, meanwhile, three states further..

lights2_medium.gif

tbd

Witcher 3 still amazes me whenever I feel like checking out Velen for a few minutes. There are some ugly/messy bits but usually it looks amazing.

Battlefield 4/Hardline ramped up looks gorgeous too - 8K downsample (DSR) + 200% res scaling + 4xMSAA from the in-game options.

Do it.

jotun?

The real killer in Unity is the AA. FXAA (or whatever it is because it's sure as hell not stock FXAA) is fine, MSAAx4 is extremely demanding.

In fact it's very easy to floor any monster PC if you crank the AA high enough. Even TR2013 with 4xSSAA and TressFX could cause a Titan X to drop below 60, but of course is not "modern" enough to truly take advantage of current high-end GPUs.

With a 4K monitor, is AA even necessary?

Gowans

Thanks guys, I've set away a tonne of stuff downloading from my Steam, Uplay, Origin librarys.

Trying to get the Unreal Engine Demo from the Epic Launcher (seems a pain)

And guess I'll be picking up The Witcher 3 on GoG to check it out.

SliChillax

Witcher 3, Crysis 3, AC Unity, Batman Arkham Knight, Ryse, Metro 2033 and Last Light (both Redux), GTA V, Far Cry 4, Watch Dogs, Project Cars

Caayn

Battlefield 4/Hardline ramped up looks gorgeous too - 8K downsample (DSR) + 200% res scaling + 4xMSAA from the in-game options.

Do it.
Pushing over 130 Million pixels in each frame with 4xMSAA O_O

That's more pixels in a single frame than 60 frames of 1920x1080.

NotUS

Definately Witcher 3, also highly recommend using this lighting mod:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/657/?

Also recommend a few mods for Witcher 3 like ImmersiveCam, FaceThem, and definitely the ini tweaks on Nvidia's site:
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide#the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-nvidia-hbao-plus

As others have said, Metro Games look great, as does GTA 5, Ass Unity, Arkham Knight, Crysis 3, Witcher 2.

Phantom Pain, Watchdogs, Far Cry 4, Dying Light also look pretty good.

If you are into FPS, although a bit dated, Stalker series modded can look fantastic.

Grab a star citizen package check out the modules, download Ryse, check out Crysis 3 and its image quality options, Try out Unity and The WItcher 3.

Did I mention Star Citizen?
starcitizen_2015_09_2s9oig.png

starcitizen_2015_08_2uqkib.png

starcitizen_2015_08_1l2b3v.png

starcitizen_2015_09_1r1khe.png

Random17

While people are suggesting new games... I'd also say get a 144Hz monitor and play some older games at 4k or even 8k. With 3 (!) Titans you'll probably still get a great framerate, maybe not 144Hz but 60 definitely.

I love playing Mass Effect at 4k even with my 750ti (albeit at 30fps), I'm sure you'll destroy the game.

Trojan X

Banned
I have a new PC for some heavy lifting on some uncompressed stuff and it a bit of a powerhouse.

I'm been installing some old stuff to check it out and everything looks great and jaggy free but I really wouldn't mind putting this setup to the test.

What are the best looking or games that do the most with the PC that I can grab and check out?

That's a God tier PC spec and it's something I am thinking of going to next if I ever upgrade. Any reason why you got 3 Titan Xs and 32gb? All that cannot be strictly for gaming as it's obvious overkill and there is so much power that won't be utilized with just gaming?

As OP fires up a game, meanwhile, three states further..

lights2_medium.gif

lol! Yup! All no thanks to that PSU. I hope that is a Platinum PSU too for it is isn't then I'll be afraid for your electricity bill.

A PS5 won't be more powerful than even 1 Titan-X.

Nice joke, there's no way medium/high level tech in 2018/2019 used in PS5 is not gonna beat Titan X/GTX980 TI. That's like saying GTX280 beats the PS4. What's more in the upcoming years the gpu market is gonna make a huge leap with those new tech finally coming out. It's gonna have Volta tech or AMD's equivalent and it's gonna be glorious.

IvorB

Wait... OP has three Titan cards? Is this normal? Isn't that overkill? I don't really know much about PC specs these days...

cripterion

Nice joke, there's no way medium/high level tech in 2018/2019 used in PS5 is not gonna beat Titan X/GTX980 TI. That's like saying GTX280 beats the PS4. What's more in the upcoming years the gpu market is gonna make a huge leap with those new tech finally coming out. It's gonna have Volta tech or AMD's equivalent and it's gonna be glorious.

I wouldn't be so sure if I were you. Anything can happen. These round of consoles were already disappointing and outdated, what makes you think it won't happen again?

jowell24

Don't think I've seen anyone mention ArmA 3 yet? If you're into custom-missions and mods then some of the scenarios are pretty great.

Aside from that, I agree with the others - GTA V, Witcher 3, MGSV:TPP, etc.

I'd say definitely AC: Unity since I think it's the best "photo-realistic" game that's come out this generation. The parkour and assassination animations add to the 'graphics' experience of the game.

AssCreed: Unity will not melt your eyes off, but it will melt rest of your face off:

AC-unity-glitch.jpg

*Yawn*

Next

Top Bottom